Run

Door I_Am_Undeniable

Following in her mother's footsteps, 17 year old valedictorian Tahari Campbell soon will be graduating with h... Meer

Prologue: Depths of my Solitude...
Lean...
He could be crazy...
Don't play with a man's money....
Just being nice...
Mixing business with friendship...
I found him...
My nightmare...
I just wish that this mind boggling thing would go away...
There's work to be done...
I should've bitten my tongue
Let me explain...
I guess I'll get started...
You're not as dumb as I thought
Phone call...
I ain't lettin this shit go...
Bad nerves...
Session...
She can't be a friend of mine...
Pink Paradise...
I'll learn you what a true friend is...
Tahari huh?
You really rockin with a nigga...
Watch what you say...
Apologize...
Expect the unexpected...
If I find out...
Homicide by Shooting...
NOPD...
You can't be that crazy...
My daughter...
Homegoing...
The History of Math...
Can't catch a break...
Talk...
Sleep...
Freedom...
Use your head...
Soldier...
A day out...
Conversations...
Learning more...
Kill or be killed...
Law of Attraction...
Mark my words...
Let me in...
Deadly...
Two different worlds...
Kick Back...
She got me...
And it begins...
Room G- 31...
Mama...
Daddy's Little Girl...
Dreamer...
Bad boys ain't no good...
There's only one me and you...
Loyal Till The Soil...
Old Souls and Conversations...
Feel It In The Air...
Love it or Hate it...
Business...
Tell me something...
Where your real friends at?...
Day & Night...
Take heed...
What's your biggest fear?
Innocence
Tell All...
Heart to Heart...
Adam's Rib...
Sweet Dreams...
Thou shalt not bear false witness...
Don't Matter...
Let me show you how we bang...
Look at how far I've come...
The Brokenhearted...
No turning back now...
Friend or Foe?
With me you ain't gotta worry bout nothing...
Change....
Victim to the streets....
Touched...
Let's spend life slow together..
I'll go everywhere you go...
Nola...
Hell On Earth
Thinking Out Loud...
REDRUM
Lady

Everybody ain't your friend

17.9K 937 906
Door I_Am_Undeniable

Briana

Kush smoke fogged the small bedroom Devin and I occupied as he sat on the edge of the bed and carried on with taking pulls of his blunt. I gazed at the ceiling as my back rested comfortably against the mattress. I smiled to myself, at this very moment I felt as if I was the luckiest female in the Nola. I got a good looking grown man checking for me. As I dug deeper into my thoughts, I was interrupted by Devin speaking. "You wanna get lit?", he queried never looking my way.

I smiled."You already know I do.", I said candidly as I sat up, gripping the sheet tighter around my naked body. I scooted closer to him and with that he took 1 last pull of the blunt before passing it my way. I took a pull, inhaled and exhaled a little. I did that about 2 more times before passing it back to him. I wrapped my arms around him as I rested my head on his shoulder."Are we finished?", I queried as I awaited on an answer.

He exhaled the smoke before speaking. "With what? What you talkin bout shawty?", he questioned.

I smiled a bit before I gently planted a soft kiss on his neck, giving him a hint of where I was coming from. He nodded as he held a smirk upon his face. "You must want this work, huh?", he queried.

I smiled a grinny smile before speaking."Most definitely.", I answered as I kissed his neck once more."You know how to handle me and no one ever had handles on me like you.", I said softly causing him to let out a sly chuckle.

"Is that right?", he queried as he took a final pull of the blunt soon turned roach.

"That's right.", I said candidly.

He then reached over to the nightstand which wasn't too far away, it set a black ashtray which held stray blunt roaches. He tossed the roach into it right before speaking."So what's up with you, you done with ya home girl?", he questioned changing the subject completely.

I rolled my eyes as I took my arms from around him. I scooted back to where I was originally. I grew rather annoyed at the fact that he had the audacity to even bring her up, he knew that she had me hot. "At this point, who gives a fuck. She over here complaining about how I tricked her into heading over to Wing Snack over this way, just so we could end up coming over here. It wasn't a trick though, I definitely was starving and shit, I wanted to see you as well and I figured why not come chill for a bit. She was over here bitching about her stupid ass school report with her lame ass, then going on about how she doesn't feel safe down this way but none of that was the case. She's just jealous of the fact that me and you been kicking it and ain't no nigga checking for her for not a damn thing. Steady bringing up the fact that you and I barely know each other, like why you mad? I'm damn near grown, I do as I please but fuck her for now.", I said as I chuckled a bit. "She's jealous of me too as a whole though, I've always gotten attention from guys and she never did, I knew it had her questioning herself, apart of the many reasons that she never has time to hang out with her best friend, that whole "I need to focus on my education" bullshit is out the window. Shit her true colors came out once she spoke on what I was wearing, talking about my ass hanging out. She wish she could look this good in some little ass shorts.", I said without a care in the world.

He shook his head. "That's messed up.", he said in response before gazing at me. "That's ya lil homie though, if she's ya real friend then she wouldn't be jealous of you, shit, she doesn't even put off that kind of vibe. Maybe you over thinkin shit but shit, as for bein scared of bein over here, shit, she probably don't feel safe this way. Niggas and bitches get knocked off on a daily, stray bullets flyin all through this area, real shit. But shit, by the way she walked out of here cryin and shit, she's probably hurt because of the lil argument y'all had.", he said to me.

I shrugged."Oh well, she can cry all she want to, it won't phase me not a bit, she'll get over it.", I said nonchalantly.

I honestly don't care about her crocodile tears at all. She said what she had to say and so did I. It may all blow over soon but as of right now, I'm not fucking with someone who gets all hot at me because I got me a potential man that pretty much likes me for me. So since she doesn't have time for me at all, since education is all she's about, then I'll be all about Devin.

He threw his hands up."Aight, I see that you ain't tryin to hear me out so fuck that whole lil conversation we just had. But shit, you still spendin a night or you got a change of heart?", he queried noticing my annoyance.

I sighed."Well since me and what's her face not on good terms at the moment, I may just have to go home, if my mother call Tahari, I doubt if she answers my mother's phone call to cover for me", I nodded."Yeah, I'ma just go home, you feel like taking me now?", I questioned as I gazed at him.

He nodded."Yeah, go ahead and get dressed, I'm about to go take a piss.", he said as he stood up and walked out of the bedroom, leaving me alone.

I took the sheets away from my naked body and climbed out of bed. I picked up my clothes and set them down on the bed. I grabbed my bra and put that on first and as I was clasping the back of it, Devin walked in and slapped me on my ass. "Damn boy.", I said softly as I finished clasping the back.

"Damn that shit look good as hell, you not tryin to be on nothin before we head out?", he queried as he held me from behind and began rubbing his hands between my thighs. I placed my hands upon his and began to guide him a bit.

"Mmm.", I moaned as he sucked on my neck. "Damn Devin, mmm, no Devin, I need to go ahead and head home.", I managed to get out

He took his hands away and cut out the neck sucking as if he had an attitude. "Aight, I'll be in the car then, lock the door behind you.", he said before leaving the bedroom.

I sighed before I continued to put on the rest of my clothes. After I did so, I finger combed my unkempt hair and exited the bedroom. I walked along the hallway as the hardwood floors creaked harshly. I made my way to the living room and within that time frame the pain from Devin's and I prior intimate session kicked in. I slowly walked towards the door to exit while locking it behind me. I took my time down the stairs and with that I walked along the walkway until I made my way to Devin's car. I opened the door and got in.

Devin put the gearshift on D before speaking."You locked the door?", he queried in an indignant tone.

I put my seatbelt on before giving a response. "Yes Devin, are you mad that I want to go home?", I queried.

He wasn't quick to answer my question, he only drove off. "Naw, I ain't trippin on that, there's always next time around I guess.", he said never taking his eyes off the road.

I smiled a bit but for some reason I sensed an unfamiliar vibe off of him. "Cool, and maybe, just maybe I'll do that lil thing you've been asking me to do.", I stated as I gazed out of the window.

He chuckled. "Oh yeah? I'ma hold you to it then, I'll see what's up.", he said as he continued driving.

I held my smile."Yeah but you probably won't be ready for what I'm really working with Devin.", I said confidently.

He shrugged."Probably not.", he said nonchalantly as if he didn't really care to prolong our conversation.

My smile faded and with that I didn't say much more. I continued to gaze out of the window at the ongoing traffic. After a minute or so we halted at a stop light. I then gazed at him before speaking. "Could you drop me off at Tahari house instead of my place?", I softly queried.

He clenched his jaw."Yeah, same place my yungin dropped y'all off at?", He queried nonchalantly.

I sighed. "Yeah.", I said softly.

Silence grew heavy inside of the car and I was uncomfortable due to the fact that I felt as if he was mad with me.

"So you goin to talk to shawty huh?", he queried, sounding the least bit interested.

"Yeah, there's no need for animosity, I mean throughout the bickering and jealousy, she is my best friend.", I said in response.

He shook his head, seeming a bit disappointed or some sort, I don't understand why...

The rest of the ride was quiet aside from the traffic echoing amongst us. After a while we finally pulled in front of Tahari's house. I gazed at Devin and began to speak. "I'll call you later on.", I said and in response he gave me a head nod.

I opened the door and stepped out and just as I closed the car door, he drove off. I sighed as I began walking along the walkway of her home. I made my way up the stairs of her porch and with that I pressed the doorbell. I let my weight shift onto my right leg as I awaited for someone to answer the door. After a few more seconds, I heard the tumblers of the locks and suddenly Tahari appeared at the door. She gave me a rather surprised stare. "Briana, what are you doing here?", she questioned.

"I wanted to talk to you, can I come in?", I queried.

She nodded. "Yeah sure, come on in", she said with no enthusiasm.

I then walked in and closed the door behind me. I followed her over to the couch and we both took a seat. "Where's your mama?", I asked out of curiosity.

"She headed out to the market to pick up a few things.", Tahari said in response.

I nodded just as I sighed."Hari look, I apologize for what I've said to you, the whole situation was wrong.", I said not really believing myself.

Tahari nodded before speaking. "Thank you for that, I mean some harsh things were said but I didn't want to end our friendship because of that.", she said softly and with that I grew a bit angry at the fact that she didn't bother to apologize to me but it's whatever.

"Okay, well I'm about to head home.", I said nonchalantly.

"Well, I guess I'll see you when I see you, I'm on punishment.", she said softly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What for? What did you do?", I questioned giving her my full attention.

She sighed as she gave me full eye contact. "Bri, please hear me out before you get upset.", She stated.

I folded my arms."Go ahead.", I said.

"Well once I got home my mother asked me why did I get out of that same car. Sina brought me home after he caught me walking but anyway she asked me where we headed off to when you and I left, I told her Wing Snack but she thought it was more to it because she noticed that you changed from your more appropriate clothing to that, she saw you out of the window and she was going on about how the both of us left together and only I got dropped off home. She noticed that the both of us got out of the car yesterday with 2 guys and today you were absent along with Devin and to make the story shorter and the situation worse is that she called your mother.", Tahari said honestly.

I nodded as my palms grew sweaty."Okay.", I said calmly."I'm about to head home, I'll talk to you later, okay?", I said as I got up and headed for the door without saying another word.

I opened the door and walked out and with that I made my way down the stairs. I proceeded with my walk home. As I walked along the sidewalk I was getting a lot of attention from guys who were outside but it wasn't really anything new. I caught eyes my way on a regular. After a while I approached my home and at that very moment my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Her car was parked out front and the front door was open aside from the screen door, indicating that she was home. I swallowed the lump in my throat and made my way down the walkway. I slowly but surely walked up the few stairs and before I stepped foot inside, I took a deep breath.

My mother which who was sitting on the couch put her attention on my attire with a disgusted gaze. She then shot up from the couch and walked over to me and raised her hand and slapped my face as hard as she possibly could. A warm tear fled my right eye as I immediately placed my palm to my stinging cheek which most likely blushed red due to my light complexion. "Sit your ass down Briana!", my mother yelled.

My nerves grew bad throughout my body and with that I felt shaky but I didn't hesitate to do as she said. I gazed down at the floor. "I don't know which is worse, you walking around here lollygagging, looking like you're ready and willing to any and every man that looks your way or the simple fact that you're most likely out there giving your body to a nappy headed thug boy who doesn't give a damn about you as a person but as a piece of meat, a cheap piece of meat.", my mother said harshly. "Not only are you embarrassing yourself but you're out there making me look like a bad mother as if I don't give a shit about you, your father is probably turning in his grave right now. I don't even know what to do with you right now. I was sitting here contemplating on if I was going to put my hands on you like you were just some random hoe off the street because that is exactly what you look like Briana. I can't believe you got Tahari's mother calling me telling me this bullshit.", she said in the same tone.

I felt tears forming in my eyes...

She gazed at me with that same harsh glare. "I want you to get out of my face, go to your room and take that shit off and get your ass in the shower right now.", my mother fussed and with that I slowly stood to my feet, walked past my mother and headed to my bedroom. I closed and locked the door behind me. I was beyond infuriated and on the verge of crying. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my cell and scrolled through my contacts until I found the only person that could seriously calm me at the moment. I just hope that I was over thinking that he was mad at me but the vibe was so strong, hopefully it was all in my head. I pressed call right before placing the cell to my ear.

"What's up.", he spoke into the phone.

I sighed. "Devin you're not mad at me for not letting you get in before you dropped me off are you?", I queried in a rather sad voice as I took a seat on the bed.

"Naw, I ain't trippin on that, it's other girls out here, I'm good.", he said nonchalantly and the tears finally strolled down my cheeks, that definitely hurt my already hurt feelings.

Why is he acting like this?...

There was silence on the phone for a brief second before I decided to speak. "Could you pick me up tonight, around 11:30, we can do whatever you like.", I said as I wiped away my tears.

"Aight, you spendin the night with a nigga, ya moms lettin you out?", he questioned.

I thought about it for a second, I mean I can't get into any more trouble than I'm already in. "Yes and no, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.", I said.

He chuckled. "Aight, I'll holla at you when it's about that time shawty.", he said.

"Okay, see you later.", I said right before ending the call.

I set the phone on the bed and stood to my feet and walked over to my dresser and gazed at my flushed face. I was looking a mess and believe me I was hot. I then noticed a certain picture on the right hand corner of my mirror. I furrowed my eyebrows at the picture of Tahari and I. I quickly took my attention of off the picture and began taking off my clothes. I walked over to my bed and grabbed my robe and put it onto my naked body. I then made my way to the bathroom to take a shower...

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
33.3K 911 42
[THIS IS A REWRITTEN VERSION OF THE OG] *** WARNING: Contains extremely triggering and mature content in almost every single chapter in this book, r...
2.6K 214 70
Two words was all it took. All it took to change everything. All it took to land her in prison. And all because she wanted to turn her life around, t...