Kingston

By salvatoremily

She's the one thing he can't have. And it's killing him, because Kingston men always get what they want, don'... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-nine.
Forty.
Forty-one.
Forty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Forty-six.
Forty-seven.
Forty-eight.
Forty-nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-one.
Fifty-two.
Fifty-three
Fifty-four.
Fifty-five.
Epilogue.
Author Note.

Thirty-eight.

3.3K 107 26
By salvatoremily

The sky was bright for a winter morning. It was bitterly cold outside, but the air in the house was warm and filling. I opened my eyes and rubbed them harshly to wake up. It was 10am, everyone's day had begun and tonight Aly was having an engagement party at Axle's bar.

Tensions were high, someone was going to sniff around what happened last night with James. Papa and Axle had to take extra precautions in order to ensure they would be protected if someone had seen them. Though I highly doubt that they cared.

I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth with the freezing water touching my hand every now and then. I put my hair up and walked downstairs.

The news was on in the kitchen, a newscaster speaking fastly about the fire at James house. Of course he burnt the house down.

Papa was sitting at the kitchen table, unphased by what the lady was saying.

"we're here outside a home in Manhattan that had been set alight in the early hours of this morning. A body has been found and identified as James Capello, a notorious drug dealer and belonging to multiple organised crime rings. ESU believes the fire was caused by a gas leak but police suspects foul play as Capello's bodies shot execution style have been recovered around New York. FBI officials have made a statement saying they will be working tirelessly trying to find the gang responsible for the deaths. More on this story coming up."

The way this newscaster gave her report gave me chills and made my heart race, especially the part about the FBI. What would happen if they were caught? My father had no reaction to the news at all.

"morning bella." he said, and sipped his tea. He's drinking... tea?

"morning. How'd you sleep?"

"good, cold is starting to bite my ass."

"gross."

"don't forget Alys party tonight." I said.

"I won't."

"and don't be late."

"I won't."

I sighed, and I had to ask what was on my mind.

"papa, are you certain no one saw you  and Axle last night? Linking to James." I asked softly.

"no mija, of course no one saw us. And now his body is burnt so bad, no one would've noticed the wounds." he said, gingerly.

I shook my head.

"you two were ridiculous to behave like that. It can't happen again, okay?" I said, and he looked at me in disbelief.

"o-okay, whatever you need to hear, mija. But just know, Axle did most of the damage last night. The boy is ruthless. And you don't ever need to worry about us getting caught. We own half the cops and agents in this city. Alvarez helped us out," he said, proudly. He was proud of who Axle was, and the way he behaved. He rarely brought up Christian Alvarez, and that only meant one thing- his death affected my father emotionally.

"Axle has issues, but you're both crazy. Just be careful."

He agreed, and I poured myself some coffee.

"I'll be meeting you at the bar tonight, he's going to pick you up."

I blinked. Then I blinked more.

"why?"

"I've got meetings across town till about 5, I won't make it. But you don't mind, right? It's only you, your mother isn't coming along."

"no, I don't mind. That's okay, any particular reason she's not coming?" I asked.

"just being herself. Matteo is coming with me for the meetings and we'll see you at the bar."

"where is Matteo?" I asked, I hadn't seen him in about 2 days, I wasn't sure if he'd heard what happened last night.

"he's in a hotel on 8th street, doing something UC for Kingston and I."

I nodded.

"okay, please be careful. No drama at the meetings today. Clean shirts, no blood. At all." I said, and held up my authoritative finger.

He smiled. "of course. I'll see you tonight mija, try not to steal the show." he kissed my cheek and walked into his office.

I walked upstairs, toast in one hand and coffee in the other.

What am I going to wear tonight?

I ruffled through my clothes. It's supposed to rain tonight.

It's already 11am, merda, I should get ready.

I showered and I felt so many thoughts in my mind. It was like my mind was exploding. Axle had been involved in such a gruesome murder all because of me. He had so much blood on his hands because of me. But every fibre of my being told me that he'd do it all again. He would burn this city to the ground from one end, and he'd never let a single flame near me.

Maybe this waiting thing wasn't such a good idea. Maybe we should be getting married, he should talk to my papa. As the end of November was nearing, no business is conducted through December and Christmas, those are my rules which my papa has adhered to for the last 20 years. I made the rule when I was four.

That would mean, in the new year, Axle would do what needs to be done, tell my papa he wants to marry me, and he'd join whatever suitors my papa had listed for me. I sighed at the thought of another man near me. I was his. And I damn well knew it.

The clouds were darkening and the time was flying.

I checked my phone, my wet hair throwing droplets onto the screen.

'picking you up at 6. Do not be late. - AK.' the text read. Wow, such a gentleman.

'and what if I am late? Getting ready takes a lot of time for me.'

'I'll have to get used to that. But I won't get used to your attitude.'

I smiled at my phone like an idiot. He was probably in a meeting already, in a bad mood, yelling at his employees. But he's texting me like a teenager.

'I do not have an attitude.'

'You're adorable, my angel.'

'How will I ever tolerate bad behaviour? Your black card would do, though.'

'stay away from my money, woman. And not to worry, you'll love my bad behaviour.'

My cheeks hurt from smiling. This grown-ass Don, was flirting with me.

'don't be inappropriate. Focus on your meeting.'

'How did you know I was in a meeting?'

'I'm watching you through the window. You look cute.'

'Nice try, you're too short to reach this window.'

I sighed, watching my chest rise and fall. Damn him.

'shut up. Your employees are dying to impress you. At least pretend to be interested.'

'I want to shoot every last one of them.'

'they're doing their best. Smile at them, it'll be a nice change of pace.'

'they'd think I'm having a seizure. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them called the ambulance.'

'you're probably right. Positive words might help, like 'great job' or 'you're incredible'.'

'That's ridiculous. My words of endearment are only for you'

'It's not endearment you crazy person, it's motivation. Encouragement for your employees. I hear it's good for productivity.'

'Fear works wonders as well'

I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

'Enjoy your meeting, handsome. I'll start getting ready now so I don't make you late.'

'See you at 6, my angel.'

I smiled, locked my phone and left it on the bed.

I blushed my way to my vanity and dried my hair.

Axle Kingston was flirting with me.

I set my hair, straight and slick, and put on big teardrop diamond earrings.

As I ruffled through my dresses, I found a yellow Bulgari dress I'd never worn. It would be cold tonight, but I had a gorgeous coat, and my legs were too fresh and smooth to wear a dress that would cover it.

I sat down in my chair in front of the vanity again, and applied my makeup. It was already 5pm when I started. Merda. I wasn't going to rush though.

I lightly dusted my cheeks with rose pink, making the lightness of my skin look much less pale. I put on thick black mascara and dark cat eyeliner. Bright red lipstick and highlighter on my nose.

I slipped into my gorgeous goldish-yellow dress.

My cleavage sat nicely, and I put a pin to show a bit less so my papa wouldn't have a heartattack.

I slipped on black stilettos and almost fell over. I fastened the clip on one shoe when my door flew opened.

There he was.

In an all black suit, brand new Armani. His black buttoned dress shirt opened just enough to see the silver necklace dangling off his neck. His dark black hair was slicked back neatly, a few strands falling on his forehead.

He leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed and a small smirk on his face. I could smell his cologne from where I was.

"I'm almost on time." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. God he looked hot tonight.

"stand up."

I had one shoe on and the other half fastened.

"what?"

"I know I didn't stutter. Stand up."

Yikes.

I stood up, almost falling again. He stalked over to me, his powerful strides across my room making me swallow. With no words, his eyes locked on mine and his hand dropped to trace the length of my body. I stared up at him, blank and unmoving, but my chest was rising and falling fast with how heavily I was breathing.

"You smell like heaven," he whispers, just as the tip of his finger reaches the hem of my dress. He runs it over my thigh. "And you look stunning,"

I felt a butterfly rush in between my legs. His voice tonight and that suit he was clouding my judgment. "Thank you," I said, blinking up at him. He placed a hand on my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. I could feel the fabric of his shirt on my chest.

I felt much taller, now, just below his chin in 8 inch heels.

"you leave my sight in this dress and I'll tie you to my fucking bed and hand feed you for the rest of your life."

I blinked. Hard. I swallowed.

"that seems unnecessary." I said, in a mocking tone.

"don't play with me, smart-ass. You stay by my side the entire night."

"Axle, I can-"

"I know you can, but I'm here now. The men in this world are fucking sick, Katerina. I want you to have the freedom to wear whatever you want but that's not how it is. I have to look out for you, make sure no one tries anything with you. That's why I try to protect you- I've seen the way men behave and I don't want you to ever be in a situation like that, it's not because I don't think you can handle yourself. I need you not to fight me on this. Libero?"

He was right. I always knew why my father was so protective over what I wore in public, but it was sad our safety was reduced to this. I understand him, I know why he's doing this. I sighed. My entire body was pressed against his, my legs in between his.

"Libero," I repeated.

"good, let's go before I change my mind and make you change that dress."

We walked downstairs hand in hand.

"You look very pretty, my angel. I like the way you did your hair," he says. "Thank you. I like your suit." I tell him. His eyes roamed all over my face. "God, I wish we didn't have to go anywhere tonight. Just you and me in that dress," he says, low and dangerous in my ear. "Yeah? What would we do?" I retort, with a playful look in my eye. He drops his head to my ear as I lean against his car, the icy metal sending a cool rush through my body, and he presses his body against mine, replacing the cold with pure heat. "We'd do everything, Katerina. Whatever you want me to do to you, I'd do it. Just after I do everything I've already dreamt of," He says, in my ear. I swallow, feeling his knuckles run lightly over my thigh. "Axe, I can feel your gun," I say, trying to move my hips away from it. He laughs lightly and my pulse leaps, soars far away from us. "That isn't my gun, angel, that is what you do to me." He says, taking a small step away from me. I try to shake my head and clear it but I'm seeing stars. I know what he's talking about, and I'm afraid I'm blushing. "We're um, we're going to be late," I tell him. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

He smiled and opened the car door for me. I struggle to get my head right after that.

"you should get another pin. Or I'm going to have a hard time focusing on the road." I smiled back and sat in his boss 429, the one I drove and never crashed.

We made our way to the bar. It was buzzing, and closed off to the general public. Only Alys friends and Axle's associates were here.

Heads shot to us as we stepped into the bar. Lots of men eyed my chest and then saw Axle behind me and averted their gazes. It was almost comical really, me in a bright yellow dress standing next to him in his all black suit. We looked beyond wrong together.

We walked in and immediately met Alys eyes. She was wearing a tight black dress, coming way above her knee. She had gold heels on and bright gold make up. She looked insanely gorgeous.

"Kat!! oh my God. You're gorgeous. Stunning."

"shut up, you're gorgeous. The make up, ugh."

"taking advantage of my last few weeks before I show. I'll miss my body."

"I'll miss it too."

"I'm going to fucking throw up." Axle said, with his hand on my waist as he kissed Aly on the cheek and walked past.

Aly and I went to the bar.

"what can I get you pretty ladies?" the bartender asked.

'Lost in the fire' was playing too loudly in the bar.

"3 shots of tequila please. I'm drinking for 3. She's pregnant." I said, all giddy.

He brought over the shots and I downed them, meeting my papa's gaze. I felt a warmer one, hotter and more rage filled.

Axle was there as well of course, talking to some guy who also had his eyes fixed on me.

"where's Brendan?" I asked, shouting over the music.

"somewhere around, he's gotten on well with my cousins. Sonia and Aribelle are here too." she said.

I spotted Sonia and walked to her.

"oh my God, Katerina dios mio, you're gorgeous." she said, and kissed my cheek.

"so are you, you look stunning."

She shook her hips and smiled.

"Axle is looking very scary." she said, he's looking at me across the room.

"he's regretting letting me wear this dress." I said, and she laughed.

She pulled me onto the dance floor, Aly close behind and we danced, my feel hurt, but my body was telling a different story. I was actually dancing. I was happy. I could feel people's eyes on me. The men in that bar.

I saw Axle sitting at the bar. A glass of whisky in his hand and the other hand on his jaw, and he was biting his lip and watching me intently.

I ran my hands over my body and danced for him. He stared. And stared. And the song kept bursting through the speakers. And my dancing got more seductive.

I had taken another 2 shots from the tray the waiter was walking around with. Tequila and Katerina dont mix.

I spent about an hour on the dance floor with Sonia, Aribelle and Aly. Our feet hurt, people were starting to get drunk and leave.

He stalked over to me, sauntering through the crowd and he towered over me. Everyone in reaching distance to him backed away, and even though it wasn't a scene, people were definitely watching.

"thanks for the show." he said, and ran his hand over mine.

"oh you're welcome." I said, out of breath.

"let's get out of here." he said, I blinked. The words were distorted.

"what?"

"come on. Everything with a dick is staring at you here and I don't like it. There's certain things only I can see, so before I pull out my gun and start killing people, let's go."

He took me by the hand. The gruff sound of his voice sending vibrations through my body. He's jealous. Possessive.

"Hayes. She's not feeling well. I'm taking her home." he spoke, roughly and very Axle-like to my papa. He was so engaged in his conversation with his friend. 

"of course. I'm sorry bella. I'll be home soon. Be careful." he said, and kissed my hand, not bothering to stand up.

I nodded and held on tighter to Axle's hand as we made our way through the crowd.

It was pouring. The rain was belting against the ground. I couldn't see at all.

He held his coat over my head and we walked to his car.

"what are we doing?" I asked.

He looked just as drunk as I was.

"I don't fucking care. Just wanted you with me. Alone." he said, and tucked a wet piece of hair off my face.

"let's go then." I said, and touched his hand.

We drove off, to McDonald's. He ordered us cheeseburgers and we drove slowly to pier I.

The rain slowed down when we got there and devoured our cheeseburgers. I watched as the rain slithered down the glass and fogged up the car.

We barely spoke and I think that's because we were both hungry.

"you good?" he asked.

"so good. You?"

"same."

Once we were done he pulled out his flask and I could smell the whisky.

"whisky doesn't go with cheeseburgers."

"strongly disagree." he said.

I sipped on my coke, feeling the bubbles.

"I'm serious. You shouldn't be driving. We should wait a bit for the rain to stop." I said.

"you could drive."

"you could be totally inebriated and still drive better."

He laughed.

He put the radio on, and Unchained Melody was playing.

He turned it up, loudly, too loudly. He got of the car and I was dumbstruck.

He walked around to my side and opened the door. He held his hand out for me.

I don't know why, but I got out the car with him.

He held my hand, the music playing loudly through the closed doors and windows.

He spun me around slowly in my heels. His shirt was clinging to his body and rain was dripping from his hair. He'd never looked better to me.

"this is crazy. Are we seriously going to dance in the rain right now?" I ask, and he laughs lightly.

"What? You think I can't pull of a cliche?" he asked and put his hands on my waist. I rolled my eyes. Smooth motherf-

I put my hands on his shoulder.

"I want all this with you, angel. All these moments, all these silly little things. Only you," he says. I smile up at him and nod. "I want it with you too, Axe."

The rain was wetting my chest and drops from my face were getting in my eye. There was no where else I'd rather be. We were swaying to the music and his body was so warm against mine.

We were completely soaked, drunk and dancing in the rain like two teenagers. Not a Don and a grown woman. Slowly everything was out of focus, the words of the song took over.

He stared back into my eyes. One part resistance and three parts desire.

He gripped both my cheeks with his warm, wet hands.

And he slammed his lips on mine.

His face was warm. His tongue was warmer. This felt... unreal.

I placed my hands on his chest, and his were tangling in my hair. His head was tilted and he was absorbing, devouring every inch of my mouth.

Oh god, this is real. This is really happening.

There was a greedy passion to his kiss. It felt like something he'd been starving for forever. I ran my tongue across his, tasting the whisky and desire on it. I felt all the colors bursting behind my closed eyes.

The rain was pouring down on us, on our faces. I couldn't feel a thing but him. His lips were soft, heaven like. It didn't matter that this was a typical cliche. It didn't matter that we looked like high-school kids. This grown man was kissing me in the pouring rain. We're drenched. We're in love. Nothing would feel better than this, right here in this very moment.

We stood there, arms wrapped around each other, kissing in the pouring rain. My fingers clawing at the hair on the nape of his neck. His fingers digging into the soaked dress hugging my hips. I was making out with a Don, the king of the Cosa Nostra.

When I pulled back, reluctantly, my eyes opened and stared back into his, still seeing stars.

"you have no idea how long I've wanted to fucking do that." he said, panting softly.

"I think I have some idea."

He kissed me again, hard and sloppy. Teeth clashing, noses bumping. It was the best thing I'd ever felt. It was us.

"now that I have, I don't want to stop."

"we're going to get sick." I said and laughed softly.

"you're the best thing I've ever fucking tasted, cara mia." he said, and gripped at my waist. He was the most sober he's ever been. It was at this moment I knew I could trust him. He'd never hurt me. 

We got in the car, talking, smiling and laughing on the way to my house. He wrapped his coat around my arms and walked me to the door. He kissed me hard on my lips, and it felt like heaven.

"goodnight Ms Hayes."

"goodnight Mr Kingston. Text me when you're home."

He smiled, a real smile. I saw his dimples.

Axle Kingston loved me, as much as I love him. We were both done for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 64.4K 60
Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thought that if she gives love to everyone, e...
789 48 9
✧.* 20 year old Amaira studying in London's best college of Fashion designing. Falls for a person who is known yet unknown to her. ✧.* 27 year old...
2.3K 166 20
Power is not given it's taken. In the heart of a city plagued by corruption and shadows, where the line between justice and criminality blurred, an u...
5.2M 102K 53
Jada Morales, reeling from a public and humiliating breakup, seeks refuge at a club where she encounters Ryder Young, a notorious New York lawyer. A...