Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T

8.5K 378 340
By Morning_Blankets

Secret
Curious
Research
In
Powered
Teen
...

Liz: Not bad. Not bad at all. I like the line.

Liz rubbed her chin as she examined your new haircut. Meanwhile, you read over the script for the parts you had gotten.

Yes.

Parts.

You got three of them. And nome of them were the two you had auditioned for.

You were just that good.

Liz: So, you have Bubbles as a scene partner for two of your scenes?

Y/N: Yep. In the first one we play exs. The second one we're a married couple on the edge of divorce.

Liz looked at you with a concerned look.

Liz: Wait, this is a school play?

Y/N: Yeah, actually. There's a lot of sexual references in it as well. Heck, in my third part, I play a guy hanging out with his bud drinking some beer before I profess my love for him.

Liz: Uh....

Courage: <Art is art>

Y/N: Yeah, what Coruage said. Whatever it is he said.

Courage: <Yeah!>

Liz just shrugged. She didn't really have a say in any of this, so what did it even matter. Plus she was just happy that you were doing something after school besides being a super hero.

Speaking of which....

Reporter: There is still no news on Townsville newest vigilante. Many are simply referring to them as the Stranger.

You, Courage, and Liz all watched the TV as footage of you fighting off the gunman played. It didn't look like you even used your powers save for when you snapped the gun in half.

Liz: Hey, I just thought of something.

You and Courage looked back to her.

Liz: Why didn't you just call Cousin Fred to cut your hair?

You and Courage stared at her with hollow faces. You all then turned to the only photo of him that you allowed in the apartment.

Y/N: I rather trust a serial killer to cut my hair.

Courage: <I agree>

Liz: I'm taking that photo down.

Power Up!

You rocked back and forth on your feet before Princess finally closed her locker door. You turned to her and forced a smile, making it obvious that you didn't want to be here.

Princess: Relax. You have one more class than you'll be free to do whatever it is you do.

Y/N: You mean be happy?

Princess rolled her eyes and started to walk to her next class. You simply followed.

By this point, the entire school knew about your strange relationship with Princess. Not the blackmailing part. They did know that you didn't like being around her, but you still were.

That being said, no one really despised you as much as they seemed to hate Princess.

Though you had taken measures to help reel her in a bit.

Whenever she would start talking down to someone or making a scene, you would simply step in and defuse the situation. It actually helped a lot, even if you didn't realize it.

Princess has been trying to work on her people skills, so she did take your attempts to help her to heart.

Princess: Okay, you're free.

You stopped and raised a brow.

Y/N: I thought I had one more class.

Princess: Consider it a thank you for doing your job. I'll see you tomorrow.

Y/N: Okay....I guess. Later.

Princess headed down the hall one way, while you headed the other. You placed your hands in your pockets and hummed to yourself.

You found yourself looking at the flyers and banners reminding you that Homecoming was in a few weeks. You still had to get an outfit and a date.

You didn't really want to go, but Liz insisted that it was a good way to blend in. Plus Homecoming was supposedly a huge deal here.

Bubbles seemed excited about getting you ready as well.

You soon found yourself yawning, right when Ed came barreling down the hallway.

Ed: Wee woo wee woo wee woo!

You looked just in time for Ed to clash right into you.

You had taken some hard hits before. You've fought monsters the size of skyscrapers and criminals who were stronger than the average human.

Ed? Ed was a different kind of beast.

You found yourself flying through a wall and you were suddenly outside. You stared up at the sky as you slowly fell from the second story of the school.

You ended up landing in a bush. And while you groaned from pain, Ed poked his head out of the massive hole you had just made.

Ed: Oops. Sorry, Y/N.

Y/N: <Painful groan>
------------
You found yourself laying on a bed in the Nurses Office.

You did have advanced healing, but you were still human. You still felt pain and you did get hurt. And it wasn't like you could heal instantly.

You could still feel your head spinning from whatever the heck Ed did. He really wasn't human. You were sure of it now.

However, you were a bit confused as you why a Rainbow Monkey was the only thing watching you right now.

The purple stuffed animal stared at you with lifeless eyes. The rainbow ontop of it's head looked like it's seen better days as well.

Y/N: Hey, buddy. Where's your owner? I could use some assistance.

???: I'm telling you, it doesn't make any sense. I've fixed that bike, like, a bazillion times already. How do you keep breaking it?

???: Because you don't fix it right!

???: I don't know, Wallabe. I'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose.

???: Am not!

???: I think Hoagie is right. I've seen his work on your bike. It's perfect in every way.

???: Well it keeps breaking.

???: I still think it's just you.

???: You too, Kuki?

You slowly sat up when you heard the voices approaching the door. Then, it opened, revealing four people who entered the room.

???: Oh! I have a new patient!

Y/N: Patient? This isn't a hospital. Wait, where's the nurse?

A girl stepped forward and smirked as she crossed her arms.

???: The nurse it out. But have no fear. The Teens Next Door are here.

You had no idea what you could say. You just looked at all of them before you looked over at the clock.

Y/N: Right. Um....I got thrown through a wall and fell two stories into a bush. Do you have medicine or something?

The only one who acted was the girl in green. If you pieced it together right, her name is Kuki? Isn't that Japanese for 3 or something?

She walked over to a freezer and pulled out an ice pack. She then walked back over to you and handed it to you. You stared at it confused.

Y/N: Uh, is this for the wall or the two story drop?

Kuki: Yep!

THAT WASN'T AN ANSWER!

Abby: We do have something that could help you. Hoagie.

The boy in goggles was suddenly by your side with some kind of gadget. It looked like it was made out of some random junk.

It beeped as it seemed to scan your arm. How was it even doing that?

Abby: Hey, you're that new kid who moved here a month ago, right? The one who hangs out with those Powerpuffs.

Y/N: What? Oh, yeah. My name is Y/N. And you guys are....

Hoagie: 2/Hogarth Pennywhistle "Hoagie" Gilligan Jr.

Jr=2.

Kuki: Kuki Sanban.

3?

Wallabe: Wallabee "Wally" Beatles.

4.

Abby: Abigail "Abby" Lincoln.

That was....5.

You looked at the four of them. Why did their names range from 2 to 5? Where was 1?

Hoagie: Annnd, done!

The device finished beeping and the boy pulled it away. He looked at the results, but he seemed confused.

Abby: What's it look like?

Hoagie: Um....I think it's broken.

Wally: Great. Another thing broken.

Hoagie smacked the device confused. You already had a few guests as to why it wasn't working. Maybe it was picking up the Chemical Z in your blood stream.

Hoagie: Weird.

Kuki: Oh! I have something else that can help!

The girl skipped along to the cabinet. Honestly, you were beginning to wonder if these people should even be in here.

Wally: I know this is weird, but Kuki is actually the nurse's assistant.

She was? She seemed a bit......under qualified.

She seemed to only prove your point when she slapped a bandaid on your cheek. She then kissed her hand and placed it on the pink bandaid.

Kuki: Pain pain go away!

Y/N: Maybe I should've just sucked it up.

Abby: Did you need anything else?

You were immediately on your feet with your bag in your hand.

Y/N: Nope! Thanks for the help. I gotta go. Uh, bye.

You threw your bag on and immediately headed for the door. The four watched you until you were gone.

And once you were gone, they dropped their smiles.

Abby: So, did you get a sample?

Kuki pulled off a thin layer of plastic from her hand and held it up. On it was some of your blood. On top of that, Hoagie held up his device to show that it did get a scan on your DNA.

Abby turned to Wally who gave her a thumbs up.

Abby: I hope you're right about this, Wally. If not, then we could get into some serious trouble.
-------------
Y/N: Villain. It supposed to say villain.

Bubbles: Why would you get a tattoo that says villain?

Y/N: Because that's what I am. I'm a villain. And now everyone will know.

Mr. Lucas mouthed the words as you and Bubbles ran through your scene. It was going pretty well for the first run.

However, among the audience, which was mostly occupied by other drama students, was a pair of now familiar faces.

Hoagie: So this guy is that new super hero? He doesn't seem very....heroic.

Abby: Wally said that he was a prime suspect.

Hoagie: Then we better act on that suspicion.

Abby crossed her arms and looked at her friend unamused. Hoagie just laughed at his own terrible joke.

Abby: You know, I always hoped you would outgrow those jokes.

Hoagie just kept laughing. Abby shook her head.

Back on stage, you and Bubbles finished your scene with your third scene partner, Robin. The same girl who had quit her job after you and Mitch devoured your meals where she (previously) worked.

She played Villian. The big twist was that the "tattoo" on your arm didn't spell Villain, it spelt Villian!

So, in a weird way, Bubbles was your ex, and Robin is your soul mate in the scene. You tried not to think too much about it.

You tapped your foot on the stage while Mr. Lucas gave Bubbles and Robin some notes. While you yawned, you happened to catch a glimpse of someone ducking behind the curtain.

You narrowed your eyes and used your X-Ray vision to see who was there.

It was that Hoagie guy from earlier. What was he doing here? Was he following you? Why?

You turned back to Bubbles and Robin before you snuck away.

Hoagie hummed to himself as he worked on planting a tracker on your backpack. He remained unaware of your presence right behind him.

He finally lifted his head when he finished, only to realize that he was being watched.

He slowly turned around and locked eyes with you.

Hoagie: Uh.....hey, Y/N! Funny running into you here. Heh.

Y/N: Hey, Hoagie. What are you doing with my backpack?

Hoagie stood up and waved his hands around. He slowly began to circle around you to escape being trapped.

Hoagie: Is that your backpack? I'm sorry. I thought it was mine.

Y/N: You mean the same backpack that you have on?

Hoagie stopped and looked at his shoulders. Sure enough, he was wearing his backpack already.

Hoagie: Won't you look at that? Well, I guess there's no problem here then. See you later.

He waved and hurried along. You looked back down at your backpack and quickly found the tracker with your x-ray vision. You kneeled down and pulled it off before smashing it between your fingers.

You checked your stuff over again, making sure nothing else was planted, before you pulled it back on.

What was that even about?
--------------
You walked with Courage down to the corner store to grab some candy and soda. Just because you were 15 it didn't mean you didn't enjoy the sweeter things in life.

You reached the shop and motioned for Courage to wait outside. You then headed in.

After getting what you wanted, you returned to your furry companion. However, he was not alone.

Kuki: Aren't you just a handsome fella! Who's a good boy? You are!

You stood there with a blank look while Kuki played with Courage. The dog himself seemed to enjoy the affection, and Kuki was seemingly unaware that you were even standing there.

You cleared your throat which finally caught her attention. She quickly recalled why she was here and jumped up to her feet.

Kuki: Oh, hello, Y/N!

Y/N: Hey, Kuki. What are you up to?

Kuki: I...uh....

She tapped her chin as if she was trying to remember.

Kuki: I don't know.

Y/N: Are you supposed to put a tracker on me?

Kuki: No. Not that.

Y/N: Scan me? Get a blood sample?

Kuki: No. Oh! I know!

She suddenly grabbed your arm and held it behind your back.

Kuki: Distraction!

Y/N: What?

Wally: AHHHHHHH!!!!

You looked forward just as Wally came running from out of no where. He leaped up and did a front flip. He landed right in front of you and made some noises as he waved his hands around.

Kuki kept a good grip on your arm without hurting you. Although, passerbys did stop what they were doing to watch the entire scene play out.

Courage also sat idly by and watched as the two tried their best to distract you from.....something.

However....

Y/N: This is completely and utterly embarrassing.

You just leaned forward, lifting Kuki onto your back, while you whistled for Coruage to follow. You and your dog simply walked away with Kuki hanging onto you and Wally still making his weird noises.
-----------
Bubbles: Oh, I know who they are.

You decided to hide out at the girls' house for the rest of the day. You were pretty sure that the TND were still trying to find you for...whatever they were trying to do with you.

You sat on the couch with Bubbles since she was the only one who was home. Buttercup was playing basketball with Mitch, and Blossom was attending her dance practice.

Courage laid on your lap while you sat back, practically laying down. Bubbles drank her tea

Bubbles: They're a bit weird but so is everyone else.

Ain't that the truth.

Bubbles: They're pretty helpful. Plus they're really nice once you get to know them.

You didn't really believe her.

Bubbles: Why are you asking about them? Did you finally meet them?

Courage: <You could say that>

Y/N: They've been.....

How could you even explain this to her?

Did she even know what they were really like? That they were practically playing pretend and trying to be spies?

Wait.

You suddenly sat up which surpised Bubbles and sent Courage to the floor.

Y/N: I HAVE AN IDEA!

Bubbles and Courage hugged each other out of fear.
------------
Princess: You want me to do what?

You smiled as you stood in front of Princess. You had asked her to meet you on the rooftop of the school. It was now the day after the TND started to try and investigate you, but you now had a plan.

You could fix two problems with one solution.

Y/N: It's simple. You want someone to protect you. I happen to know four someones who are more than capable for the job. And not only that, but you'll have more people around you.

Princess: Why would I...

Y/N: Want more people? Because, Princess, I figured it your game.

You suddenly started walking towards Princess. She didn't move, but she did lean back a bit once you got close to her.

Y/N: You're lonely. You want friends. But you have a hard time making them because of your attitude.

Princess: H-How dare you....

Y/N: I can see it in your eyes, Morbucks. You can't pretend like I'm wrong. If it wasn't the case, ghen you would've blackmailed me into doing a lost worse than being your bodyguard.

Princess suddenly found her back up against the wall. You slammed your hand right next to her head and narrowed your eyes.

Y/N: I suggest you take my advice on this one. You have a chance to start from scratch and make some real friends. Trust me, it's better this way.

Princess stared into your eyes before she formed a fist. She then punched your chest, but you didn't even budge.

Y/N: Delete the video. All the copies to. Try to make friends with the TND. I think it'll be good for you.

You then smiled.

Y/N: I know you'll do the right thing.

You pulled away from her and placed your hands back into your pockets. You just held your head up as you left Princess alone on the roof.

You honestly had no idea how this would all turn out, but all you could do is hope for the best.
-------------
Kuki: Y/N!

You lifted your head from the book you were reading for a report. You found the TND crew walking towards you with smiles.

Y/N: Uh, hey, guys.

Abby: Hey, New Kid.

They all joined you at the empty table in the middle of the library. They didn't seem like they were going to attack you or anything of the sort. Maybe they actually just wanted to talk?

Abby: So, you're not Princess' bodyguard anymore, huh?

You chuckled.

Y/N: Word get out that fast?

Hoagie: I don't think so, but Princess ended up hiring us to take your place.

Wally: Looks like you got canned, mate.

She....she really let you go?

You were free?!

Y/N: Oh, that sucks. Oh well. I'm sure you four will do great.

Abby: You can stop pretending like you didn't set this whole thing up.

You smirked.

Y/N: Figured you guys were bored. Seeing as you you all seemed to have nothing better to do than chase me around.

The four all flinched at your blunt statement. They all then looked at each other before they turned back to you.

Abby just laughed.

Abby: Sorry about that. We were just trying to do our....uh....we were just curious to know more about you.

You didn't believe that at all. But, you were glad that they had given up on trying to track you.

So, all and all, everything seemed to have worked out for you in the end.

Thank goodness for that.
--------------
Abby stood in front of a monitor in a dark room. It suddenly came to life, shining down on her and her team.

The monitor suddenly showed a blonde girl.

???: Numbah 5, report.

Abby: We have ended our investigation on Y/N L/N. We found nothing out of the ordinary. We're now starting our next mission as Princess Morbuck's protection.

???: You found nothing out of the ordinary? I thought that you said....

Abby: Wally made a mistake. There's nothing to report on Y/N.

Kuki: He has an adorable dog!

Everyone shot her a look. She just smiled embarrassed.

???: Alright. Thank for your work, Section V. We'll wait for your next report.

Abby: Of course, Nunbah 362.

The monitor powered down.

End Transmission....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 27.7K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
113K 4.1K 88
Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. And before there was Project...
551K 10.9K 116
(Note, there's a few changes in the Persona Timeline for the sake of this story) The prettiest smile hides the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes cr...
105K 2.1K 24
(Y/n) rose,a child who never been loved by his family,getting beaten by their sisters,or getting slashes from his mother,aunt,Dad and his uncle,But o...