Without You

By R5family_sm

Laura the new girl at Melrose High School. Her parents got divorced when she was eight but didn't find out un... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Auditions)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Romeo and Juliet-Play Day)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Funeral Day
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Explanation
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Last Chapter-26
Alert!

Chapter 12

204 8 0
By R5family_sm

Laura POV
I was by my locker grabbing my books for 4th period. I was about to close my locker when someone slammed it. I sort blinked quickly and stayed stunned. I look over to see that it was Niomi. I raised an eyebrow and told her,"Can I help you?"

She answered back,"Um actually you can. Stay away from Ross."

"Oh sorry I can't we've been dating the past three or four months."

"Stay away from him, because the only reason he left me is because you started acting all slutty to grab his attention." Her friends were just like "ooh" and covering their mouths.

"Well from another story you cheated on him with his best friend!" I suddenly grabbed the schools attention as Niomi looked around looking kind of guilty.

She then got mad and said,"I never did that!"

"Sure you didn't honey."

"I'm warning you stay away from Ross or I'll rip your face off."

"Oh look at me I'm so scared." I said doing jazz hands.

I turned around to see everyone putting there hands high so I could high five them. I then felt Niomi grab my hair and pull me back. She turned me around and slapped me. All you heard in the hallway were "oos". I pushed her and then started pulling her hair as she did to me. We then fell to the ground. Her on the floor and me hitting her face and scratching her. She was just pulling my hair. She managed to turn me around and get me to the ground. Even though she had me on the ground all she did was pull my hair.

I felt someone bring Niomi up. It was Ross. I was embarrassed but I didn't show it. He had Niomi behind him and he helped me up.

Niomi suddenly began to fake cry and said
"Rossy I'm so glad your here. This wild animal started punching me out of no where and..."

I interrupted her "Excuse me but that did not happen she came and started bothering me."

"Your such a liar Laura."

"Niomi just stop. I know your lying. Now could you leave my girlfriend alone. We broke up 3-4 months ago could you give it a rest. Get this straight into your head I don't like you anymore." Ross told her.
"Yeah you don't like me because this slut came and separated us." she replied to Ross.

I was gonna go all over her again until Ross pulled me away. "I am not gonna let you treat my girlfriend that way alright Niomi. We broke up capish. I don't like you. And you also cheated on me and don't try denying it. I saw you and Chris kissing. The only reason I never broke up with you was because I didn't know how. Leave me alone and leave Laura alone."

He turned around and put his arms around me saying, "You should be happy the principal wasn't there or anybody else. You could have gotten suspended."

"I know." I looked down kind of disappointed at myself.

"Are you mad at me Ross?"

"No. She was bothering you and you had the right to punch her in the face."

I giggled a little as we made our way into our 4th period class which was AP Calculus.

Ross followed to my seat and gave me a kiss in my cheek. He then left as the bell rang tithe other side of the classroom where he sits.
I hate this class just because of the sitting chart. In drama we could sit anywhere we liked without the teacher saying anything.

Mr. Crawford then said to Ross,"Mr. Lynch you are late." Since he saw him walking to his seat when the bell rang.
Ross replied,"I'm not late I was just over there asking my 'classmate' (doing air quotes) Laura if she wanted to go out after school. Oh and let's not forget the homework too."

The whole class began to laugh. I looked over to Ross and shook my head smiling he winked. Then Mr. Crawford said,"Well since I will still mark you tardy you get a detention for sassing the teacher. And as for you Mrs. Marano you get detention as well for causing Mr.Lynch to be tardy. One hour detention both of you. Come get your slips."

I looked over to Ross with a mad but still smiley face.

"I'll see you both here after school. I got detention duty today.You annoying little Rascals."

Mr. Crawford continued the lesson. He wasn't old although he was cranky like one. He was probably in his mid-40s.

During the whole period Ross and I were texting. He was just saying the stupidest things I've read in my entire life.
.....
The bell rang and it was time to go to 6th period since we had an assembly for fifth about Internet safety.

I was making my way through the hall packed of students when I heard someone calling my name.

"Hey Laur." said the mysterious yet recognizable voice of Ross.

"Hey, thanks for getting me detention." I said sarcastically, but still smiling uncontrollably."I had gotten away with the fight between Niomi and I."

"Your Welcome." He said sort of proudly,"Well I can't go to sixth period today. My counselor called me up during the assembly, so catch you during detention."

"Alright." I replied

He was about to leave but came back and gave me a kiss and said bye.
.....
During all of drama class it was boring because Mrs.Garcia was talking about monologues and how we should express or take out our inner selves when we act. Also since Ross wasn't here to be annoying me all period long I was bored.

The bell finally rang and everybody was storming off. I walked out of the theater to get to detention early so I could leave faster.

I felt someone put their arm around me and it wasn't Ross. It was Chris. I pushed his arm off my shoulder and turned around to ask him what he wanted.

"Nothing much. I just want to know how your doing." he said.

"I'm doing fine because I'm no longer with you. Oh and don't worry Ross and I are doing great we couldn't be happier." I said trying to sass him out. Well I thought I was at least.

"Admit you miss me Laur."
"I can't even stand the thought of you."
I said as I turned around rolling my eyes.

He then grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Sure you can't. Laura come on just break up with Ross and come back to me."

"How about no. I am so much better with him. And ew I would never go back with you even if Ross and I broke up."

"Why?"

"Maybe because you forcefully tried to kiss me. You bothered me when I was at IHOP. And you insulted my sister. Now will you excuse me but I'm gonna be late to detention."

"I'm sorry for all that Laura I didn't mean it. I swear."

"Huh sure you didn't now excuse me."

I tried making my way through him but he kept moving to the direction I would move. He then grabbed my arms and pushed me to a locker wall and tried kissing me. I spit in his face, but still he didn't leave me alone. He started kissing my neck not letting me go. I started screaming but no one heard. Like really why is it that all the time Chris is doing this no one sees.

I then felt Chris get off of me and saw him roll down the hill that was across the lockers.
I looked up to see Ross and this was not my Ross. Well it was but no not this one. He was full of rage. He face fully red. His cheeks sucked in. You could perfectly see his jaw line better than it usually is. His eyebrows narrowed down. His hands in a fist.

He slid down the hill to where Chris was at. He started punching him. So did Chris. Ross punched him in the stomach. i slowly made my way down and got in the middle of them both.
"Ross stop please!"

He stopped and told Chris,"I don't want you near my girl again. I see you with her and it's going to get worse. I'm not gonna care what she says or anyone says. You understand.!"

"No. I'm gonna keep on doing what I want!"

Ross got angrier but then calmed himself down and we walked up and left to detention.
......
All detention long was quiet. I managed to finish all my homework in just one hour. We still needed 30 minutes to go.

Mr. Crawford finally spoke up and said,"Fine you can all go just because I want to leave already."

Everyone almost went flying out of the classroom. I waited for Ross as he held my hand.

We walked to the parking lot quietly until I spoke up.

"Are you mad?" I said. I then thought 'of course he is mad. Duh Laura think before you speak.Stop being so stupid.'

"What do you think."

"Ross I didn't even have the strength to push him off."

"Laura it's not about that it's that Chris doesn't leave you alone and I am 100% done with him. Next time he bothers you don't try to push me away. Or stop me because I won't stop."

"Yeah I'll be safer around school."

He walked me all the way to my car. I opened the door and got in. "Am I gonna see you later in my house?"

"No.I can't I need to go take Rydel to the doctor she's not feeling well. And my mom and dad can't take her or my brothers. Who knows why."

"Okay." His siblings had moved back to California.

I turned on my car and drive back as Ross walked over to his car.

Wow he must be really mad since he didn't close the door for me or give me a goodbye kiss.
-------
Things are gonna stir up in the next couple of chapters in their relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 2.4K 28
It was always a competition for the brunette. She would constantly find herself competing for his attention, but it's not like that mattered. Ross L...
60.3K 1.6K 43
I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE OR THIRTEEN Laura Marie Marano, a simple yet misunderstood girl who lives in LA, goes to M...
162K 4.6K 103
Time has passed since Ross has last seen Laura. She's lost touch with the world. One night she just...disappeared. Family and friends try to help as...
140K 3.9K 31
"Ross, stop it!" I say laughing my butt off. "What? It's funny come on!" I frown and shake my head at the silly blonde-haired boy. "C'mon we are gonn...