Her return

By NiallFictionx

Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to... More

Author note!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
[Author's note]
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
EPILOGUE
Author's note
Choose my next book's theme
New Story Out Now!

Chapter 14

22.3K 721 75
By NiallFictionx

When we arrive at the palace, I wait outside for Carmen to bring me a set of clothes because the ones I was wearing were shredded to pieces. What a shame, I really wanted to see Alec in those tight leggings, but I'm pretty sure he has hundreds to replace them with.

Instead of clothes, Carmen brings what must be the fluffiest robe I've ever seen. I put it on and with the sleeves, I touch my face enjoying the feeling.

"Alec arranged for us to get massages!" cheers Carmen and I smile wide. I've never got a massage before and can't wait.

Those well-known butterflies take flight in my stomach, touched by Alec's thoughtful action. Can't believe he keeps taking care of me, thinking about me and my needs. Gosh, departing from him will certainly leave me in pieces.

The three of us headed to Rebecka's room where three massagists were ready with a special table-like chair each one for us to lie on.

First, they give us space to put on the white pristine towels and then we laid down on our stomach and then the masseuse start massaging our skin with natural oil and I drift away for how good the feeling was. I close my eyes and listen to Carmen and Rebecka talk.

I'm really aware of the woman's hands, enjoying every touch and pressure. Damn, I could go hours like that.

I don't know how long it's been, maybe an hour, or maybe more, when the ladies leave us to put some clothes on. I groan, not wanting to move.

"Please don't make me move" I plead not opening an eye.

I hear giggles.

"Come on, lazy girl, they need to take the chairs with them" chides Carmen and I groan again.

Feeling like a teenager whose mother woke her up Monday morning to go to school after spending all night playing video games on the computer.

I put back the robe and walk sleepily toward the common room which was actually the living area but they were the only ones that stay in this wing so they called it the common room because that's where they usually hung together and talk and drink and whatever.

But froze mid-way there when a scent I dreaded came to my nose.

Elena.

Suddenly, I stopped wanting to lay my head on Alec's lap so he could play with my hair while I fall asleep.

"I uh... am going to Alec's room" I stutter, heading there to hide until she left. I hurry away from the common room and open the door to Alec's room but what was waiting for me there made my stomach drop.

"Elena, stop" I hear Alec saying but she just grabbed his face and locked lips with him, her body pressed against him, rubbing herself on him. I wanted to throw up.

I quickly and quietly closed the door and looked around, frantic. Fuck, I needed to get out. The image of my mate kissing someone else makes my heart clench painfully, and not anyone at that, but the bitch that threatened to kill me if she sees me around him.

I needed to make an exit, like now. No one could protect me from her, she was the future queen! How did I let myself let my guard down? Ugh! I'm so stupid!

I knew I couldn't leave through the common room because there's where everyone else is, so I go back to Rebecka's room now empty and leave the place through the big window, closing it to not make it obvious that that's how I escaped.

I follow the exterior of the palace until I spot the entrance, where I am able to locate my way home and run through the forest in nothing but a robe. It felt like I was doing the walk of shame.

***

When I finally reach my home, I open the front door and rush upstairs to my room where I lock myself. I fall face down to my bed and not expecting it, I started crying.

What am I supposed to do now? I'm turning into a lycan so I can be able to mate with Alec, but Alec is not planning to mate with me so... What now? There must be a way to reverse the process. I wanted to stay a wolf, if there was no point in being a lycan.

Sometime later, someone knocks at my door and I groan in response. I hear the door creak open and then some light footsteps.

"Sweatheart, is everything alright?" my mother asks and I feel her sitting next to me, the mattress deepening under her weight laying a hand on my back.

I sigh and bring my head out of its hiding place.

"Mom, would you tell me about lycans?"

I knew my mother wanted to ask me why I was here alone and not with my newfound mate. I guess I needed to tell her if I wanted advice.

I sit with my back pressed against the headboard of the bed, ready to have a long and probably emotional talk with my mother.

"Well, let's start with the basics: they are like werewolves but with their senses way more heightened. And they also run on two feet. They are more dangerous and vicious than werewolf, and live long lives, and it is really hard to kill them, either take their heart out or sever the head from the body" she says thoughtful but then her eyes fall on me.

I nod, not really aware of those facts. Does that mean I'm going to outlive my whole family? My heart clenches at the thought. I don't think I'm going to survive another death of a loved one after what happened to my adoptive parents.

Being a lycan just seems awful.

"But I think you are more curious about lycans and their mates" she says with a knowing smile. I bite my lip and look away. "Because they are only granted one mate, they are very possessive of them, if another lycan threatens to take their mate away or hurt them, they become lethal. Their primitive instinct quicking in. They protect them and cherish them, I think it is really sweet and romantic, having someone that will do anything for you, protecting you from all danger, putting you first over everything" she sighs smiling absently.

I frown.

"But... aren't werewolves like that as well?" I wonder, confused.

"Yes, but lycans are very jealous and possessive creatures at a higher level, I think that is really hot" she giggles like a high school girl.

I smile sadly, noticing how much love and care I'm going to miss.

"Why my dear? Why are you here and not with your mate?" my mom finally asks and I feel my lips quiver, remembering why.

I have to close my eyes to contain the tears.

"He's mating someone else, mom" I admit the shameful truth, and lean into her for support. She wraps her arms around my body without a second thought. "My own mate doesn't want me"

I feel so embarrassed at how vulnerable I was feeling. All these years, I felt like I had no other option but to keep things to myself, to keep a strong front so I wouldn't worry my adoptive parents that were already on edge when Meggan got sick, so now me being on my mom's arms crying felt really foreign to me.

I hear my mom gasp quietly.

"Dear, I find that hard to believe. Lycans don't let go of their mate for nothing in the world, not even if they are already married or mated with another werewolf"

Hearing that shocked me, but it also made me sadder.

"The night of the party, I encounter Elena in the bathroom" I mumble and I feel my mom's body tense. "She said to back off or I was dead, because she was promised to Alec since she was born"

"Oh, Riley, no" she shushes me, rocking me softly. "You shouldn't believe anything that anyone tells you, if it didn't come from the source's lips" she chides me. "Have you asked Alec about the matter?"

I pull away from her fast, looking at her with horror.

"No! Are you crazy? I would ruin the royal couple and the King and Queen will be really upset with me!" I yell almost panicking, but she just smiled sadly, completely calm.

"Let me guess... Elena told you that" she looked me deadpan in the eyes.

I lower my eyes, embarrassed.

"Yes"

"Oh, my sweet sweet girl" my mom says and smiles up at me and the love I see in them makes me smile her back. "Your mate must be wrecking everything in his path looking for you" she laugh like it was funny.

"Don't be so overdramatic, ma'" I say trying to dismiss her comment but she stares at me dead in the eye, with an amused smile on her face.

"Love, I'm not making this up. That's how lycans react when there's a threat of losing their mate"

I got pale.

"Mom, I don't want to cause any trouble to anyone"

"Then let's get you back to your mate-"

"That won't be necessary"

We both raise our heads toward the voice and my heart skips a beat when I see Alec standing in his gorgeous splendor at the door of my room, not looking very happy.

I swallow the lump in my throat feeling nervous.

My mom just pats me on the leg and leaves the room, leaving me all alone with my mate.

Thanks, mom!

Alec and I stare at each other.

Someone is getting punished tonight.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

👀👀👀👀👀

Uh-oh what's gonna happen now!

Hi lovers!

I was asked to explain what a lycan is and totally forgot.

It's like a humanoid wolf. Sort of. Though their head don't turn completely to one of a wolf. It just shift partially. Black eyes, the hair grows. The ears get pointed and their jaw shifts and so the nose. Idk how to explain it. But you can imagine as you wish😅

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

See you next week😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...
17.6K 758 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
63.4K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
1.2M 33.6K 37
A N A M A Z O N B E S T S E L L E R ORIGINALLY 27.2M READS ON WATTPAD! SAMPLE OF DRAFT MANUSCRIPT - 70%. OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED: 20th November...