Shigaraki Adopts a Child

By november_june

when sent grocery shopping, Tomura Shigaraki didn't expect to come back home with a little girl! Oh no, guess... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

18

269 11 0
By november_june

"How is the subject?" Mrs. Eto nervously checked on her husband as he observed the results from the tests.

"I think it was a success. From now on, your daughter is apart of mine. She's ours now." He announced. Mrs. Eto broke down into tears of joy. "My dear Tenshi! Oh how she will be reborn!" She gripped onto Mr. Eto, who put a gentle hand over her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Yes, and shall my daughter be purified from the curse that has consumed this world." He left the rest to the assistants and the couple celebrated their success with a glass of wine.

Weeks passed and the couple observed their daughter as she grew and recovered. Mrs. Eto was pleased to see her traits appear on her reborn daughter. She had regrow her hair to a new pink tailored to make her look like her mother.

"Dear, I was wondering if we could let my father meet his granddaughter." The woman asked in permission. "No. He will never understand what beauty we made." Mr. Eto disapproved. Mrs. Eto was upset, but understood and obayed.

Three years past and Mrs. Eto's father came over himself.

"What is the meaning of three years worth of silence? Why do you never visit or talk anymore, dear?" The old man questioned his daughter. The woman was frantic. He could not let him see...

"Mother?" The little girl peeked from the corner. Both adults froze. Mrs. Eto's heart beat fast and sweat started to bead on her forehead.

"What... is that?" He managed out. Her daughter ran to her mother's legs to hide behind them.

"This is me and my husband's daughter. We purified Tenshi by combining her quirkless DNA with-"

"THAT ENOUGH! What nonsense! Tenshi has been dead for years! Your new husband has driven you to insanity! You're coming home with me this instant young lady!" The grandfather cut Mrs. Eto short of her explanation. His daughter stood her ground. The pink-haired girl shivered with fright and hid behind her mother fully.

"No. I will never go back with you! I'm not a child anymore and I am most certainly NOT mad! How DARE you come here unannounced just to insult my daughter!" She snapped.

"Daughter? That thing is a monster! Now don't be foolish and go home with me young lady!" The grandfather snapped back. He reached out to grab Mrs. Eto's wrist.

BANG

The old man fell onto the ground. Mrs. Eto looked horrifically at the man who shot her father.

"Why?..." She let out breathlessly as before collapsing to the ground. She hesitated to touch her father. He had been shot clean through the head.

"That old man never understood about you and I, our research, our creation. He was better left dead. Some one clean this mess up." Mr. Eto didn't glance twice at the dead man nor his broken wife. He turned to the girl instead.

"You. Get over here now." He ordered. But the child was frozen in place. Her hands and knees shook violently but she didn't move her feet. The man scoffed and tucked away his gun. Then he walked over, grabbed onto the girl's hair, and dragged her back into the lab.

"No! Give her back!" Mrs. Eto shouted. But the man ignored the pleadsof his wife and the cries of his daughter.

The girl cried louder has her father started to play his old records once more.

~

"Okay what are you two mad about?" Tori asked Dabi. He was busy setting up his sleeping bag in the room he claimed.

"Very observant of you. But I'm not going to tell you. Now go bother Shigaraki." Dabi waved Tori away but she remained sitting on the floor.

"No he's madder than you! Plus I think he wants to be alone." Tori looked down sadly. Dabi raised an eyebrow. This kid never hesitated to bother someone when they didn't want to be.

"Why do you only sleep with me and Tomura? You got plenty of other options, like Toga." Dabi questioned. Tori rolled her eyes.

"That's obvious! Toga basically fights me in her sleep, Spinner's tail hits me at night, Twice snores SO LOUDLY, and Mr. Compress... Well, he's fine compared to the others I guess. He only talks in his sleep. But I'm afraid of his new arm. Tomura is quiet and you are warm." Tori answered.

"Wait am I also quiet in my sleep?" Dabi asked out of curiosity. Tori immediately shook her head. "No you dream about your family a lot. I know because you also talk in your sleep often. Sometimes it made me sad but I never talked about it with you. Also Tomura never mentions it and I don't think he hears you. You're really quiet and sometimes I get reeeaaaly close to listen. Who's Natsuo, Fuyumi, and Todoroki? Are they your siblings? Todoroki sounds fimi-" Dabi pinched her lips together to stop Tori from babbling longer.

~

All I want to see is her happy.

But does that mean letting her go?

She can't possibly be happy here.

Is this the best for her? Am I good enough?

"Wake up Tori, you are having another nightmare." Dabi gently shook Tori. Where did the sweat come from? Why was she out breath? "S-sorry." Tori sat up, thinking about the dream she had. She didn't remember what it was but she only remembered the song. She hummed it as she thought.

"I was just humming that song a little while ago, did it trigger something while you were asleep?" Dabi asked. Tori shrugged. "Well I'll be quiet, sorry for waking you up." He apologized. Tori settled down back next to Dabi. It was extra cold that night, and everyone learned that the insulation was even worse than the last building.

Toga came in and set up her sleeping mat next to Dabi. Soon enough, Twice, Spinner, and Compress followed. Shigaraki was cold but refused to give in and sleep by the human heater.

Everyone slept well except for Shigaraki that night.

"Ugh all of you get off, I can barely breath." Dabi mumbled as her got up. "How the f*ck are you wearing a tank-top?!" Twice grumbled. "Sorry Tori, forgot you were here." He added.

"I guess I'm just that hot. Anyways, who's turn is it to make breakfast?"

"I'm heading out!" Shigaraki yelled before they heard the slam of the door.

"Dammit it was his." Toga sighed. "That means I'll have to do it, since tomorrow is my day, but that means Shigaraki has to cook tomorrow!" She got up and went to start the camp stove.

"Hey Tori, how 'bout we go out together? I want to buy you some more winter clothes, you still need new gloves, yours have holes in them." Dabi offered during breakfast. Tori nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, and we can get something to heat the rooms!" Tori suggested.

"Thank you Tori for thinking practically!" Spinner praised. Dabi glared at Spinner. "We don't have the money for a heater. Go make a fire or something scout." Spinner stomped his foot is protest. "Hey I told you that in confidence!" He whined, but Dabi didn't carry on the conversation and left with Tori.

~

Dabi looked down at the pink-haired girl. Guilt crept at him as she held his hand, thinking they were going shopping. "Hey we aren't going the right way." Tori pointed out.

"We're taking a detour, to avoid people. This place is kind of sketchy, so make sure you hold my hand." Dabi excused. Tori obeyed and squeezed his hand to reassure she was holding it.

Tori felt uneasy as Dabi lead her into a dark building with another man inside. But now that Dabi gripped her hand, she couldn't get away.

"You said ten, you're late. But not like that matters." Tori recognized the man to be the number two hero, Hawks. This time she was fighting to get out of Dabi's grip. "My clock is a bit behind, anyways I got the girl, once you do this last good deed you are ours number two. I'll have something for you to do soon in return, just to ensure your loyalty." Dabi acted... villainous in front of the hero. Tori was scared, this was a side she had never seen.

"Dabi why are you doing this? I'll be better! I won't bother you as much, just please don't make me go with him!" Tori cried. She couldn't imagine what the hero thought. What he a hero though? From what it sounded Hawks wasn't the number two hero everyone spoke of.

Dabi could not explain his reasoning to Tori, he had to keep his image as an intimidating villain. He heartlessly looked away. "Make sure to hold on tight, she's strong for her age. Smart too, very thrifty. I suggest to keep her in a locked room since she most likely will remember the way back to us." Dabi added. He shoved Tori to Hawks before turning away. He walked out without another word.

"Dabi!" Tori was held back by Hawk's gentle but firm grip.

It was one of those rare moments that Dabi was glad he couldn't shed tears, but his stomach ached, the pain was unbearable but Dabi held strong until he was far enough away.

Dabi silently walked in when he came back.

"Hey-oh, where's Tori?" Toga's mood changed when she saw the expression on Dabi.

"Tori... Was taken by her father." He lied.

~

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" Tori screamed. She writhed and kicked and even attempted to bite the young hero.

"I know you're under a lot of stress, but can you be good for me? We'll talk before I tell your parents I have you but for now I need you to calm down." Hawks coaxed. Tori eventually stopped fighting and decided she was going to go with whatever the hero planned until she was in immediate danger.

"Have you ever flown before?" He asked. Tori shook her head coutiously. "Well today's the day you'll be able to say yes! If you'd let me, I will carry you as we fly to my place. Once there, I'll let you yell at me as much as you want. Deal?" Hawks offered his hand for Tori to shake, she glared at him but reluctantly shook it.

Tori silently enjoyed the flight. She wore the emotionless mask Tomura had mastered.

"So, what's your name kid?" Hawks asked.

"Tori Hana." Tori answered.

"Eh? Not Eto? They must've renamed you I guess. Sound like they treated you like a damn dog. According to your father your real name is Tenshi Eto. You have memory loss to and so you went with whatever messed up story the villains told you. Your parents actually seem very concerned for you. They had you on the news and your posters everywhere. You've only been with the villains for a week, correct? Or at least that's when your parents started looking for you."

Tori couldn't believe it, her parents were spreading lies upon lies. She didn't answer and the rest of the way until they got to the house of the number two hero.

"Do you like chicken? I do, I'm gonna cook up some nuggets, want some?" The hero offered. Tori didn't answer but followed Hawks into the kitchen. He practically dumped the whole bag, save a few handfuls, into the tray before he put it in the oven.

"While those are cooking you can take a seat on the couch. Want anything to drink? I have juice pouches~" Hawks waved the pouches before closing back the fridge and handing her one anyways. "It's good to stay hydrated, so drink up." Tori obeyed and sipped her drink. Hawks took a seat on the couch across from her.

"So just so you know, what you saw today is very top secret. I'm not a villain, I can assure you that. I'm working undercover in order to defeat the Lueage of Villains, the group you've been living with the past week." He cleared up. He sat there, quietly observing the condition of the girl while also thinking of questions before the oven beeped. "Oh! Just a moment, my nuggets are ready." He said rubbing his hands together eagerly.

He sat back down with a mixing bowl full of the dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets. The scent made Tori regret not answering. She stared at the bowl as she thought about the hero's intentions. She would have to tell Shigaraki this once she returned.

"Want some?" He offered as he ate them like popcorn. Tori gabbed one and took a bite. She enjoyed the taste, it reminded her of the times Kurogiri would cook them up for her and Shigaraki.

"So tell me about you, why did you run away?" Hawks asked. He looked serious now. Almost in contrast to his bubbly personality that he had just a few moments ago, but he still kept a small, polite smile on his lips.

"I wasn't gone for a week. I've been with Shigaraki for one year, and I know for fact my parents are not good people. They hurt me and so that's why I ran away." Tori hugged her legs and hid her face between her knees.

"Is that so? Well I don't see why I shouldn't belive you. Kids don't lie about these kinds of things. In fact, they would try hiding them. I'm going to keep you safe, know that Tori Hana." Those words made Tori geel relived, she thought the hero would simply turn her in anyways.

"For the record, may I ask about your time with the Villains? Did they hurt you in any way? For one year you seem in a healthy shape, you also seem to have an attachment to Dabi. Was it him that found you?" Tori was impressed Hawks was finished with the chicken nuggets in such a short time, and while they were talking so seriously.

"No, Tomura was the one that found me. I followed him to his hideout after he gave me his jacket. He never hurt me, none of them have. In fact they're all really good people." Tori spoke fast, defending the villains.

"Interesting... and you are positive this isn't a case of some kind of Stockholm Syndrome?" Tori answered immediately. "Of course not! All Tomura ever did was protect me from my parents! It may be hard to believe since you see him as a villain, but he's not a bad person."

"Calm down, don't get too worked up. Yeah I understand it might be harder for me to get my head wrapped around it but I feel like you're a very honest person, Tori Hana." Tori realized she got so worked up she was standing, so she quickly sat down and listened to what the hero had to say.

"You seem very intelligent for a kid your age, your Japanese is very fluent and you seem to understand what is going on. It's like talking to Tokoyami, he is a student interning at my agency. I'm going to trust you, Hana. I'm going to make sure you don't go back to your parents and I'll find a way for you to live happily."

"Promise?"

"Pinky."

They hooked pinky fingers and the conversation shifted. As the hero plopped back onto the couch.

"Gosh what do I do now! I'll have to talk to the higher ups and we'll work things out I guess. I heard UA took in a little girl, maybe I can sneek you in with her. Well, let's focus on today, I'm really late for work! You can do whatever you want here, just don't leave the house. I'm going to help you but I can't do that if you run away. Eat anything you like, this house belongs to you now. See ya." Hawks waved before he opened the window and jumped out.

For a moment Tori panicked and ran to the window, but then remembered he could fly and watched him ascend and dissapear into the clouds. She was still a bit dissapointed that he left so quickly, especially on her first day in a new place. For a hero, Hawks seemed to be a bit irresponsible and hesitant around her.

Tori looked around the new place. It was quite plain, not very interesting. Tori went room to room until she found the Endeavor room. The room was filled with the flame hero's merchandise. She had seen enough, and slowly started to close the door until a mischievous thought popped in her head when she spotted an object.

~

"I'm home~ ack! I was supposed to lock that room!" Hawks cheerful expression was soon replaced with one of panic. He swiped the body pillow way from the little girl.

"Wait a minute- those wrappers- you didn't go through my Endeavor-themed candy stash!" His face was red as an apple. "I was going to save that for a good day."

"Sorry but the candy looked to good and the pillow was really comfy, and you said It was my home too so..." Hawks chuckled. "Man you really have been hanging out with villains, but I know an act when I see one." Hawks smiled at Tori, who's expression stiffened. "No, Tomura didn't teach me anything. In fact, he hates it when I mess with him." Tori was admittably hurt that the hero thought that.

"Oh, my bad. Um, anyways, I perfer you don't go into that room. I have plenty of candy in the jar on the counter." Hawks took off his brown coat and gloves. "What do you feel like for dinner? Belive it or not I can make a good chicken fried rice." Tori nodded in response.

"I'll be very busy tomorrow, I contacted UA to meet with you and figure out what to do with you. I would take you in, you seem like a cool kid Hana but I'm not ready for that responsibility." Tori understood completely, he was a very incompetent caretaker, especially with a buisy lifestyle like his. There was a moment of silence before Hawks started to walk to his room. "Well, I'm going to get changed and then I'll start on dinner. You can watch tv if you want."

Tori browsed the different channels until she reached the news with her face. "Tch, lies." She scowled before Turing it to cartoons.

~

Shigaraki practically pounced on Dabi. "You f*cking bastard! You lost her! You let her go!" Shigaraki yelled as he tackled Dabi. He punched him before gripping his neck with all but his middle finger.

"Don't kill him! It's not his fault!" Toga cried.

"Yes it is! This bastard had one job when going outside with Tori and he failed! Did you do anything or did you just stand there you useless bitch! Answer me!" Dabi remained calm even has Shigaraki choked him. "I- ack... I ran after them but I didn't want to draw attention so I didn't use my quirk... I'm pissed too, Shigaraki, now let me go, I know you don't have the guts to kill me." Dabi put a hand onto Tomura's tensed arm. Shigaraki gripped even harder, but then let go. He stood up and glared at the others. "You are all untrustworthy now. To regain my trust, you find Tori and kill that fucker Eto and his bitch maid. I'm going on my own to look and I expect progress when I come back." He snarled. Everyone nodded and Tomura stormed out the same way he came in.

~Thanks for reading!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 32 4
"What if someone sees?" Your voice trembles, fingers twisting into the ratty texture of his hoodie. "They won't." He says, crowded up too close to yo...
552K 19.3K 38
Stuck in an abusive house, Y/N turns to video games and art to cope. But one day she meets someone online who will end up saving her life in more tha...
7K 107 26
When the world presented a baby that had many powerful quirks, everyone was amazed that such a person could exist and it was made public to everyone...