My Family Madrigal

By ManeaWhataMalo

"It's so... nice in here." "I know." Said ____ while giggling In when angel of the Madrigal family uses her g... More

It is Time
Family Madrigal
We don't talk about Bruno
Guest, birthday and fated soulmates
Feel like an idiot
if only
A/N
smashed papaya and the candle
Epilouge
A/N

Dehydrated and Red

1.5K 52 6
By ManeaWhataMalo

"AH!!." SPLASH.

"Would you be quiet!."Someone whisper-yelled

"Me!? Your the one who pushed me!!." Someone whispered back.

"Hijo be quiet, your gonna wake mi Cielo up." Said a woman, scolliding said person.

"Yeah, you heard your mother." Said a man.

"Why do you call her mi Cielo Mami, I thought I was your favorite." Said a boy, who was heard wringing his clothes.

"I mean her and Mami are close... I see nothing wrong with it, do you Antonio?." Said a girl whose voice sounded very similar to mi prima Lola.

"I don't see anything wrong but look an otter." Said a little kid.

"Okay, Felix why don't you take the kids to get ready for the bullfighting." Said tia Pepa, almost urgently.

"Of course mi Vida, come one kids let's go. Camilo leave your brother alone." Said tio Felix, rushing them out.

There voices seemed to fade away, it was quiet instead of a little bit humming, as well as quiet chatter that I didn't hear before. I smile feeling in peace before opening my eyes slowly. I look to see mi tia Pepa and Isa. They see me waking up before helping me sit up on my bed.

"Mama is with Luisa taking Arepas to the arena, I stayed back to see if you're alright, papa left with Mirabel as well but Abuela isn't too happy with her. Oh and if you see Mariano face, just so you know it was Mirabel fault and she still hasn't apologized. Bye love you." Isa said laying all of it down on me, my head started hurting. She left me some flowers and kissed me on the forehead.

I turn to tia for questions, only met with her back as she was looking for clothes. Still confused, and tired from just waking up, wanting nothing more then to cuddle in my bed and sleep. She made squeles of excitement finding me a few dresses to try on. Pulling me out of bed, pushing me to the shower. I shower washing my hair and body. Stepping out smelling like strawberries.

(All in light blue bc it's her 'color' per say and a longer bc this was back in the day, they were a bit conservative)

I get dressed and walked over to where tia was, I sat in my vanity chair and she stated brushing my hair.

"Tia, what's happening?." She looks over to me before answering.

"We all tried to hold this off for as long as we could, but abuela decided it was time. You see mi Cielo, you are in an arranged marriage with Lucas Sanches. Now before you say, he didn't know either." As soon as she finished talking I turned around, asking her why.

"Why are we getting married? I'm the second youngest of this family, I'm barely in my twenties? Does anyone else know?." I had just met him the other day, we've kissed and set up a date but now I'm learning we're getting married to each other.

"No, just the adults. Your mama and papa were very mad, seeing as first it's Isabela and now it's you? I didn't even want you to get married either but you know how abuela is and tio Bruno with his prophecies." Tia creating a thunder cloud. Giggling I lean over to sit her down on the stool beside me.

"Tia Pepa, it's okay. I mean we did have a date planned today after we kissed but it seemed I was out for too long." I was cut off, her hands ripped away from mine. She yells.

"A date?! You kissed?! Now listen here, you know what would happen if Camilo, Augústin and my husband would say if they heard you. That boy would be dead!." I winced when lightning struck and turned back to the mirror. as she puts the hair pin in.

I stand up and silence my tia rambling about me and Lucas with a hug. She stops unsure of what to do before hugging me back. We smile at each other before she runs out the room with me following. I still had an un answered question. 'Why tio Bruno?' Aparently I said it out loud and tia looked at me, looping our arms as we set of to the bull fighting rink, 'when did the build this?'

"They built this, this morning and tio Bruno on your fifth birthday saw you and a boy, happily together and married with children with extraordinary gifts but we didn't know his name until now." With my question answered we showed up to the front of the arena, where my parents were waiting. They told tia everyone was on the balcony waiting and the towns people filling the stadium, even people from far and wide came, they said.

As soon as they saw me, they hugged me whispering sweet nothing and reassuring words, saying stuff like 'we're sorry', 'if only fate came later', 'we tried to negotiate with abuela', but it fell deaf to my ears, filled with my heart beating. The let go and lead me to the arena. When we walked in, the fight was already happening.

I could see Lucas moving around swiftly, waving the flag around as the bull charged at him. We reached the balcony with everyone already there, even Mariano with his face all squashed and purple. Isabela was glaring daggers and making snide comments at Mira, Dolores wearing earmuffs, Tonio crying in tia Pepa arms, abuela looking proud on who I'm marrying, tio Felix and primo milo getting excited everytime the bull gets closer and Luisa feeling sad.

I still didn't know what happened this morning but by the looks of it half of the family was conflicted about abuela and uncle bruno choice and prophecy. Just as I was brought out of my thoughts, everyone was cheering and the bull was slayen and was left on the ground with roses around it. It looked like he didn't seem happy about killing the bull, in fact he seems  like he's crying.

(Time skip)

Everyone had left the arena, I stayed back along with abuela and Lucas. The families were reluctant to leave us, my father, tio and primo especially they seem to be staring Lucas down.

"I know it's alot to take in but trust me, you'll thank me in the future." Abuela said giving me a hug, turning to Lucas.

"Look after her. She has a special place in everyone heart." Before taking her leave, leaving Lucas and I alone.

"I'm sorry I didn't know about this marriage." We said at the same time. We stop and laugh a little, going quiet we stare at each other.

"Are you okay? I heard you fainted." He said feeling a sudden urge to take her in his arms and never let go.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah just a little... dehydrated?." Dehydrated? Really?! I couldn't focus on what I was saying, to busy thinking of how he smiles and the way he talks.

She wasn't the only one distracted. 'I wanna kiss him' 'I wanna kiss her' as if nothing was holding them apart, they kissed feverishly. As if they haven't seen each other in years, like old lovers. Pulling away they walked back to Casita.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 21 14
Let's look at Maribel's childhood, after her gift ceremony, before? How did the other family memebers react to their gifts? How did Abuela treat Brun...
32.1K 1K 8
The story of Encanto...but with a twist. (I do not own anything related to Encanto or the imagery used. I only parts that were originally made for t...
128K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
157K 3.5K 38
Mariposa Dulce, a girl with one foot, has know the Madrigal triplets since they were little. Now she's fallen in love with the youngest triplet, Brun...