Accept me, Please?

By Reading21Books

Raul Desoto is a wolf shifter who lost his mate five years ago. He knows his wolf is dying and thinks a compa... More

Chapter1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

736 38 1
By Reading21Books

Topaz walked into her house and called out, "Dana, where you at?"

"In my room," Dana yelled.

Topaz made her way down the hall and poked her head in the open doorway of Dana's room. "Are you okay?"

Dana looked up from where she sat on the bed painting her toenails. "Yeah. I went to see Mom and we watched a sappy movie while we ate cake. Man, I forgot how good Mom's chocolate cake is."

"Did you bring me any?"

Dana blinked slowly.

"No, of course, you didn't," Topaz said, laughing as Dana's expression turned sheepish. "It's fine, I don't need it anyway."

Dana put the cap back on her polish and blew on her toes as she said, "So, where were you that you didn't come home?"

"Um...?" Topaz nervously glanced around the room, unable to meet her sister's eyes. She wasn't even sure where to start.

Dana smirked. "Don't tell me. Little Topaz has met a man worth giving up her single status for."

"Something like that," Topaz mumbled, feeling uncomfortable because she knew her dirty-minded sister well.

"Did you give other things up too?" Dana asked, eyebrows wiggling.

Topaz sighed, and there it was. Dana had given up her innocence at age fourteen to a boy in the shed behind their house. She'd thought nothing of it and had encouraged Topaz to get rid of hers every time Topaz had a date with a boy.

Topaz looked at it differently though. She wanted sex to mean something, to love the guy, not just lust after his body.

She'd dated a guy about a year ago that she thought might be the one... until she'd caught him with his tongue down his ex-girlfriend's throat. The ex who happened to be working at the café they'd gone to eat at that night. Topaz had walked out and called her dad to come to pick her up.

No, she wanted someone special to give her innocence too, even if that meant waiting. Only... now she didn't think she wanted to wait anymore. She felt like Raul was it, he was the one she wanted to give herself too and she knew he would cherish her in a way no other guy had. It also didn't hurt that he kept telling her she would be it for him, and he said it in a way that she believed him. Unlike all the ones before him who were just trying to get into her pants.

"No, I haven't, but I'm thinking I might. He's special Dana, he's the one I want forever with," Topaz told her.

"Forever? Who wants forever with one guy when you can have them all?" Dana muttered. "I tell you what. You bring this guy over for dinner one night and I'll put on the charm. If he doesn't fall for it, then you know he's all yours."

"Dana! Why would I do that? I know he's all mine already," Topaz said angrily.

Dana raised her eyebrows. "Wow, you truly are nuts for this guy, aren't you?"

"Ugh, Dana," Topaz groaned. Her anger was quick to fade because she knew this was just how Dana was, always skeptical.

"Fine, but I still want to meet him," Dana grumbled. "Besides, you know I wouldn't take a man from you."

"I know Dana, and I do want him to meet our family," Topaz said with a sigh. "So, I'll..."

"What?" Dana asked when Topaz stopped talking.

"I'm going to stay over tonight at his house," Topaz told her. "Honestly, I'm not sure he's going to ever let me come back here."

Raul had made it pretty clear how he felt. He wanted her in his life, in his house, and his bed, even if all they did was sleep.

"But... what about the rent? I can't make the bills on my own, Topaz. Besides, isn't it a little fast to be moving in with the guy?" Dana asked incredulously. "Even I don't work that fast!"

"He loves me, Dana, and I'm so close to..." Topaz stopped again, closing her eyes and rubbing her forehead. She couldn't tell Dana the truth about Raul, but she needed some reason for her actions. If it weren't valid, she'd find her whole family on her doorstep for an intervention. Opening her eyes, she saw Dana watching her. With a slight smile, she said, "I don't want to be apart from him either. You'll just have to trust that I know what is best for me."

Dana huffed as she stood and approached Topaz. "Fine, but only because you've been here for me and never snitched when things got bad. Just remember, I'm here if you need me, and let me know when I'll need to be hunting a new roomie."

Topaz hugged Dana. "Thanks, I owe you one."

"Yes, you do, sister," Dana muttered as Topaz left the room to pack her bag.

#

Topaz grunted as she crawled out of her car, putting weight on the knee she'd injured because of her clumsiness. Slowly limping her way to the house, she wondered if she should knock or just walk in. The decision was taken from her as the door opened to reveal Dianne's smiling face.

"You're here. Carlito said he thought he'd heard a car," Dianne mentioned as she stepped back into the house.

Topaz slowly entered as she asked, "Yeah, I'm here. Where is Raul?"

"Oh, he's in his room changing out of his suit. He only got here a few minutes ago," Dianne said closing the door. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she exclaimed, "Topaz! What happened to your face?"

Topaz cringed at the younger girl's screech.

Raul came rushing in from the hallway, shirtless, at the screech.

Topaz lost all the air to her lungs at the sight of Raul's chest. He'd been right when he'd said maturity made all the difference in his chest and Carlito's. While Carlito's chest was nice enough, Raul's was awe-inspiring and had her thinking very naughty thoughts.

A growl brought Topaz from her daydreams of Raul's chest and what she'd like to do to it, her eyes moving up to meet his. They were glowing, his lips curled back in a snarl. As he stalked forward, he asked in a growly voice, "Yes, Topaz, tell us what happened to your face."

Topaz whimpered, moving backward slowly at the anger on his face. What did I do to make him so angry?

"Papa!" Carlito yelled.

At his yell, Raul's head swung around.

"You're scaring her, Papa. You need to calm down," Carlito said, his voice softer now.

Although Topaz knew it wasn't the right moment, she couldn't help but whisper, "Why do you call him Papa?"

Raul's head swung back her way and he once more began to advance toward her. This time there was a calmer look on his face, though his eyes still glowed.

"Because his wolf is out. When I was little, I called him Papa wolf because that is what Mama always called him. Later though, when I became a teenager, most of my friends called their Papa's, Dad. I didn't want to be different, so I started calling him Dad. It stuck, except for when Papa wolf is out," Carlito explained.

Raul was now right in front of her, his hand cupping her chin and tilting her face upward toward the light. His voice still gruff, but calmer, he repeated, "I will ask once more, mate, what happened to your face?"

"My clumsy self," Topaz muttered as her face grew hot with embarrassment.

"Explain," Raul demanded, looking calmer by the minute.

Topaz sighed. "We got in a shipment of CDs, and I had to put the extra ones that wouldn't fit on the shelves into the bins on the top shelf. So, I got the ladder from the back room. Then, after climbing up, I grabbed the first empty bin. Getting an empty bin down was a breeze but trying to get back up the ladder with it full, making me one-handed, was more difficult.

"The bin was full to the top and trust me when I tell you if you put enough of those CDs in a box, they can be heavy. These were heavy enough I almost dropped it and... well, I tried to catch it and keep myself from hurling to the floor headfirst. Instead, I only managed to cut my forehead on the corner of the shelf before falling. I landed upright but twisted my knee and broke half the cases in the process."

Raul let out a sigh, pulling her into his arms. "I'm sorry I was so angry. I thought someone had hurt you."

"It's okay, you just need to remember I'm a very clumsy person, Raul. I broke so many bones growing up, I think the doctors thought I was abused," she muttered into his chest. "I wanted to help with dinner tonight, but I don't think my knee will take it, it still throbs.'

Topaz squealed when he suddenly swept her into his arms. "Raul! Put me down, I can still walk."

Carlito and Dianne laughed before Carlito said, "Dianne and I will make dinner. You two go sit and take a load off since Topaz is hurt and Papa looks tired."

Raul turned and growled at Carlito.

Carlito put his hands up in the air in an "I surrender" motion. "Sorry, Papa, but you're still pale. More steak tonight?"

Raul nodded. "Steak sounds good, pup, eggs too."

"What is with your dad and eggs?" Dianne asked as the two of them turned toward the kitchen.

Topaz never heard the answer because Raul was taking her to his room.

"Why are we in your room?" Topaz asked as he placed her gently on his bed.

"Because I want to clean your wound and look at your knee. I don't want anyone to see you without your pants on but me," Raul finished as he removed her shoes.

"Ah... but are you sure it's a good idea...?"

Raul looked up, his eyes still glowing slightly. "I won't take advantage of it, mate. I just need to assure myself that you are fine."

Topaz huffed a bit, but nodded, thinking how glad she was that she'd put on a pretty pair of panties since it seems as if he's about to see them.

"And don't think I didn't notice your eyes on my chest earlier," Raul murmured, still watching her.

Topaz felt her face go up in flames. "Um..."

Raul leaned in and, grabbing her cheek in his hand, he kissed her.

When Topaz began to kiss back, Raul pushed upward, between her thighs, and pulled her closer, his hands now holding her against him. He tilted his head, nipping her lower lip until she opened. His tongue massaged hers, teasing and tangling until they were both breathless.

When he finally pulled back, Raul gruffly said, "I wouldn't mind seeing your chest bare myself, but I'll make do with seeing those lovely legs of yours."

He then moved back slightly and unfastened her jeans. Topaz lifted her hips and he slid them from her. She gave a light gasp as the cool air hit her heated skin. Raul stared at her legs for a moment before one hand came up to lay on it gently. He ran his fingertips softly along her inner thigh, his breathing quickening the further up it went.

Topaz whined, her skin tingling under his touch. The heated look in his eyes told the story of how badly he wanted her. The question is, am I ready to give it to him? Can I hold back when I want the same thing Raul does?

Raul's eyes came up to meet hers for just a moment. Then taking a deep breath, he reached down and cupped his hand gently under her knee.

Topaz glanced down to see her knee was swollen and showing signs of bruising. "It's gonna hurt to walk tomorrow, isn't it?"

"It is. We'll ice it though and put a bit of muscle rub on it before bed," he said, "I think that should help it."

Topaz gave a silent sigh. Well, even if she were ready, she'd been given a reprieve due to her knee. Maybe it was a good thing, but right now with his hot hands on her, and them both half-naked, she wasn't seeing it that way.

"Did you bring any shorts you can put on?" Raul asked.

"Yeah. I usually like to shower at night a bit early so my hair has time to dry. But I never know if Dana will have some guy over. So, I've learned not to put sleeping clothes on before going to bed," she told him. "Oh, I forgot about my clothes. They're still in the car."

Raul stood. "I'll go get them and be right back."

Topaz nodded and watched him leave.

When Raul came back, she took note that his eyes no longer glowed when he informed her, "Dianne said dinner is almost ready. So, by the time we get you dressed, it should be."

"Okay."

#

"Dinner was delicious, Carlito and Dianne," Topaz told them as she moved back from the table with a groan. "I ate too much, although I didn't eat nearly as much as the three of you."

Raul laughed as he leaned over slightly and kissed her cheek. "I warned you."

"Yes, you did," Topaz agreed. "I would offer to help in the cleanup, but since I can't, I'll just say that when my leg is better, I'll help more then."

"Works for me," Dianne said as she began picking up dirty dishes and taking them to the sink.

"I was wondering, are you staying here tonight again, Topaz? I noticed dad bringing in a bag," Carlito asked.

Topaz felt her face heat. "I am. Your dad seems to have the idea that it will be..."

"The bond is a strong, pup. It's strong enough she couldn't even sleep in the guest room last night, though she stubbornly started out there," Raul finished for her.

"Ah..." Carlito said with a knowing look on his face.

"So, will she be here from now on?" Dianne asked as she turned from the sink.

Raul looked over at Topaz and found her fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "It will be up to her."

Topaz looked up. "I don't know. I mean, I understand it could be difficult, but I don't know about moving in," Topaz told them. "I'm confused right now, I guess."

"It's normal to feel that way because you're human and humans tend to look at things differently. As shapeshifters, we've been told most of our lives what to expect from the bond, how strong it can be, and our parents know that when the mate is met staying away from them is almost physically impossible," Dianne said softly. "I have a guy friend who has a human mate. The girl fought the bond every step of the way because she had a fiancé. She didn't want to hurt her fiancé, so she refused to accept my friend."

Topaz stared at her wide-eyed. "What happened? Did your friend get sick as Raul did?"

Dianne shook her head and sat down in Carlito's lap. "No. The girl's fiancé ended up breaking it off with her because he said he could feel that her feelings had changed. Turns out though, a couple of weeks later he went on a business trip and met this girl."

"Don't tell me, she was his mate," Topaz whispered.

Dianne giggled. "She was! She was a feline shifter, a panther, I think. Anyway, he came back and told my friend he finally understood how she'd felt and was glad things had worked out for everyone involved."

"Oh, wow! What are the odds?" Topaz murmured, before giving a big yawn. "Oh, sorry."

"Your lack of sleep is showing," Raul chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe I should head for bed now," Topaz said as she went to stand up. Only it wasn't meant to be and she almost face-planted when her knee gave out.

"Careful, sweetheart," Raul murmured as he caught her. "How about I help you, hm?"

Topaz sighed in frustration. It was so embarrassing how clumsy she was. So, she whispered, "Okay."

Raul picked her up and carried her into the bedroom and placed her on his bed. Then he knelt before her, cupping her chin in his hand. When Topaz brought her eyes up to meet his, he calmly said, "Baby, don't be embarrassed. There is no shame in needing help, we all need it sometimes."

"Me more than most," she said. "I'm clumsy, Raul, and I'm always getting hurt. If you keep me, you'll be forever toting me around and bandaging me up when I hurt myself."

"And I will love every moment of it," he informed her. Then, after kissing her on her cheek, he said, "Let's get you ready for bed now, I think we both could use the extra rest."

Topaz nodded her head in agreement as another yawn escaped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 22 27
Eliana Sanders a panther shifter living in a werewolf pack with her mom, being bullied because of her size and her vitiligo, he dad died while prot...
10.2K 322 28
When Katy goes on a trip to Mexico with her cousin Juan she meets a guy named Pedro, and she falls for him. But she just went through a heartbreak an...
Mine By ellarose12

Short Story

144K 5.1K 8
In a perfect world for a wolf shifter, pack is the one aspect of life you are meant to be able to rely upon. Sylvia Thompson doesn't live in a perfec...
1.6M 32.1K 48
Akela has to leave her home when she is attacked. She joins a pack a werewolves where she finds her true mate. Another pack of enemy werewolves is ou...