Secret Relationship (slow upd...

By marvelpovz29

What happens when you get into a relationship with someone who wants to keep it a secret from not only the Pu... More

Background
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N Please Read! Important!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
A/N PLEASE READ!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N About Next Update
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
A/N: Sorry not an update
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 22

1.3K 38 10
By marvelpovz29

Veronica's POV

Today is the day that I am suppose to have dinner with Scarlett and Lizzie and needless to say I am freaking out. This past week went by so fast, I can't believe I already graduated college and may be getting one of my dream jobs tonight, if only I had someone to share it with but I'm not going to let that bring me down. Although I'm too damn nervous anyway that I don't even know what to wear and Lizzie and I are suppose to be leaving in an hour. 

I run my hands through my hair super stressed out throwing everything in my room because I hate everything I own. Nothing I have is good enough I feel for this dinner and I'm starting to become super stressed out. I stand with my back against my room wall slowly falling down with tears in my eyes as I look at the mess that is my room and knowing I'm quickly running out of time. Then, as if she could tell I'm having a crisis Lizzie comes in my room.

 Oh right yeah I moved into Lizzie's apartment already so we are roommates and so far it's been great. 

Anyway she comes in and sees me and my room and immediately comes to hug me and calm me down. 

Lizzie: Shhh Shh Shhh what happened in here?

Me: Nothing I have is working and we have the dinner in less than an hour and I don't know what to do.

L: Please take deep breaths with me. In.........and out........good now do it a couple more times.

Sure enough I soon calmed down but my anxiety was still present as I had nothing to wear and dinner was soon. 

L: Good now that you're breathing is normal and you've calmed a bit let me see what I have that you can borrow maybe. Though I love everything you own and anything would've worked for the dinner.

Lizzie leaves and not even five minutes later she is coming in with a perfect outfit. It was a burgundy jumpsuit and she pulled out from my messy room one of my blazers that would look good to throw over. In that moment I was in awe about how she picked this out so quickly and as she could read my mind she says

L: I had an idea for you incase something like this happens. 

Me: Thank you Lizzie you really are the best person ever! I owe you one!

-------Time Skip to Dinner with Scarlett-------

We got to the restaurant and I meet Scarlett, which I will say was professional on the outside but inside I was completely fangirling. I mean what do you expect from me, Natasha Romanoff was my OG favorite Avenger, she's just a badass. Also let's not ignore the fact that Scarlett is HOT AF, anyway we are now sitting at the table having finished our meals and just drinking our drinks when Scarlett breaks me out of my thoughts.

S: So Veronica, Lizzie tells me you're good at scoring music for films

Me: Well I never did it for films but I have always wanted to a-

L: She is great at putting music to tons of slideshows and videos that her friends have asked her to. It really is a crazy talent she has there.

I blush a little and feel butterflies in my stomach from Lizzie's compliment but try not to show any of that.

Me: Thank you Lizzie

S: Well I know I told you to make me some music scores before this dinner but I have a better idea I want you to come to the set I'm working at on Monday and try and put music to the opening credits of our film. If it works and we like it then you're hired and will be working closely with me on the film scenes. 

Me: Wow thank you Scarlett! I really appreciate it you have no idea. 

S: Don't thank me just yet, you haven't got the job just yet but if you're as good as Lizzie says I think there's a good chance you will

Me: Wow still thank you for the offer. 

-------Time Skip to Monday on set with Scarlett-------

I get to the set today and had to sign all these forms and contracts before I was even let on the premises. After looking around for forever I finally found Scarlett who was in a white suit that looked a lot like her suit as Natasha Romanoff.......Wait a minute.....the secrecy, all the NDA forms I had to sign......THIS IS A MARVEL FILM AND NOT JUST ANY MARVEL FILM, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS FINALLY GETTING HER OWN FILM!!!

I guess Scarlett must've figured out that I was freaking out because after I was brought back to reality she started giggling at me and said

S: Big fan I take it?

Me: You have no idea, Black Widow was my OG favorite Avenger.

S: Well I'm honored that I am your favorite Avenger. Anyway would you like to come with me so I can show you where you'll be working today on the opening credits of the film?

Me: Oh yeah of course. Lead the way

Scarlett laughs and links her arm with mine as we walk to a trailer. I've got to be honest, something about Scarlett's personality really makes me feel comfortable around her. Anyway we arrive at where I'll be working and Scarlett explains to me what I have to do, which is come up with a video montage and a song that matches the feeling they are going for with the montage. Doesn't sound too hard but does sound like it'll take me a long time, I kind of wish now I brought my guitar with me to take a break from this and clear my head if need be. 

Me: Okay Scarlett thank you again for the opportunity, I think that I got this down. When does it need to be done by?

S: Well I finish filming my scenes around 8 so hopefully then maybe you can have a rough draft put together that I can look at?

Me: Um yeah I think I can manage that. 

Before I can say anything else Scarlett's assistant is knocking on the door telling her she needs to get ready to do her scenes. However, as she is leaving she stops at the doorway and turns around to tell me something. 

S: Oh before I forget, Lizzie said that you like to have a musical instrument nearby to clear your mind if it's long days of staring at a screen so there's a guitar and piano through the door right next to your bathroom incase you need a break. 

Me: Um wow thanks Scarlett, I appreciate it

S: Anytime, I'll see you in a few hours 

I wave her bye as she leaves the room. I turn to the computer in front of me and start my long hours that lay ahead of me. 

I seemed to have lost track of time because before I know it I look at the clock and it's 7pm. I couldn't believe I was able to focus onto the computer for that long. I ended up finishing the montage Scarlett wanted and decided to grab the guitar and sit on the couch with my back facing the door. I start to tune the guitar and look at my song journal in front of me. I had written down some lyrics for this song I'm working on but hadn't tried it to the tune so I thought why not now since I have an hour. 

I start strumming the guitar and singing to it. 

Can't believe you're packing your bags
Trying so hard not to cry
Had the best time and now it's the worst time
But we have to say goodbye

Don't promise that you're gonna write
Don't promise that you'll call
Just promise that you won't forget we had it all

'Cause you were mine for the summer
Now we know it's nearly over
Feels like snow in September
But I always will remember
You were my summer love
You always will be my summer love

Wish that we could be alone now
If we could find some place to hide
Make the last time just like the first time
Push a button and rewind

Before I got any further I heard someone clearing their throat behind me, I turned around and saw Scarlett was there. I stood up placing the guitar down leaning it against the couch I was sitting on feeling embarrassed. I started rubbing back of my neck and said

Me: How much of that did you hear?

S: All of it pretty much, you know you're a really good singer and guitar player. 

Me: Oh um thank you, I thought you didn't get off until 8 and I finished early so thought I'd try out the song I was working on. I didn't think anybody would walk in and hear it. 

Scarlett walks up to me and places her hands on my shoulder to calm me down and I look in her eyes. It's like time stood still for a moment and I stopped feeling as nervous as before. I'm not sure how she did it because very few people can calm me down that quickly, Lizzie being onne of them. After a moment Scarlett speaks up

S: I'm sorry I didn't speak up sooner it's just you looked lost in the song and I didn't want to interrupt. I take it though it was written about your girlfriend or boyfriend? 

Me: Umm yeah, just an ex of mine. 

S: What happened with you two if you don't mind me asking?

Me: Ummm....I don't want to make them sound like a bad person or anything because they are not a bad person at all. Let's just say they weren't ready to come out with the relationship to their friends and things had to end. 

S: Oh, I won't push any further but if you ever want to talk I'm here. 

I simply nod and then clear my throat to get back to what I was suppose to be doing.

Me: Anyway, I have the montage and song here, I'm not completely sure if it was what you were looking for but you said this was like a rough draft type so thought it was worth the shot 

I showed Scarlett what I did and by the look she had she seemed to like what I did.

S: Are you kidding me Veronica? This is PERFECT for the opening. You were able to get everything we were looking for in this and you're saying it's not perfect?

Me: I mean I can still see a few things that may need tweaking but then again they do say that you are your own worse critic, or something like that.

S: Trust me when I say this Veronica, this is the best I've seen from anyone in a long time. You really are the best at this stuff as Lizzie said you were. 

Me: Thank you Scarlett that really means alot. 

It really did mean a lot that one of the people I looked up to thought that my work was really good. I was a bit surprised but also elated that she loved it so much

S: Just giving credit where credit is due. Now have you eaten? 

Me: Come to think of it no I haven't eaten since breakfast

S: Well then would you like to accompany me to dinner and we can celebrate you getting the job. 

Me: Yeah sure.......WAIT I GOT THE JOB?

S: Yes Veronica I personally love what you did with this opening and know that you'd be perfect fit for scoring this movie. You are extremely talented Veronica and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

I smile from ear to ear and internally having a victory dance going on but I just immediately hug Scarlett thanking her 100x over again. 

S: Alright Veronica let's go get that food. Get all your things and meet me outside in 15 minutes?

Me: Yes I will.

Scarlett leaves and I have this stupid smile on my face that won't go away. After gathering my things I decided to text Lizzie the great news along with Sabrina. I also told Lizzie that I'll be grabbing dinner with Scarlett before heading home and she said okay and that was it. 

I walk out to meet Scarlett and sure enough she is exactly where she said she'd be by now. Honestly there's nothing that can ruin this night for me! I'm too happy! I link arms with Scarlett who had it out waiting for me to grab onto it as we walk to her car to head to dinner. 

I wonder where we will be going.

--------------------- 

A/N: Growing that relationship with Scarlett. Will they or won't they get together? Stay tuned for the answer possibly in the next chapter. 

Also do you guys want the next chapter have mixture of Scarlett and Lizzie's POV of the night or keep it as Veronica's POV?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2.5K 52
Book Three - Wanda and Y/N finally tied the knot and have begun their life together as newlyweds. They have promised one another forever & always, bu...
644K 17.7K 87
This story starts with you getting a part in a new marvel movie. You become friends with many of the MCU cast, including Elizabeth Olsen(but will you...
366K 13.6K 40
You're Lizzie's best friend who just booked a role in Infinity War alongside her. You're so excited because Marvel is your favourite franchise. Peopl...
265K 7.8K 100
You just got out of a long relationship with your now ex boyfriend. So you go to the bar and a woman sits next to you. You realize it's Elizabeth Ols...