Chapter 28

Veronica's POV

S: I would love to go on a date with you! I also agree we should keep getting to know each other for a little bit and see how we work with each other in that sense. Hopefully in the future it could become something more serious.

Me: Amazing! How about we have our date on Saturday?

S: Sounds good to me!

I was smiling from ear to ear that I actually got a date with the amazing woman sitting before me. Then suddenly the doubts started creeping in my head, I tried to ignore them but it's like the more I tried ignoring them the more aware I became of them. My face must've changed in appearance and I must've zoned out because suddenly I feel a presence next to me standing and they grab my left cheek to turn my head n their direction and look at them.

S: What's wrong? What happened?

Me: Umm nothing...it's nothing

I shake my head trying to shake the thoughts out of my head after seeing the care in Scarlett's eyes in that moment.

S: No tell me what's wrong? You were smiling a few minutes ago and then suddenly it's like you disappeared.

Me: Don't worry about it Scar, I'm genuinely fine. Just was thinking that's all.

S: Thinking about what? I want us to be able to be honest with each other so that we can be sure we give us the best shot we can.

I sighed and got up from the chair, grabbing Scarlett's hands and walking both of us over to sit on her couch. I took a deep breath and tried to formulate the right way I wanted to say this.

S: Take your time honey, I'm here when you're ready.

Me: It's just...I was wondering that if this were to become something more serious or even now as we are trying to figure things out, are you okay with telling people? I don't mean like the public because I know how paparazzi can be and all but I mean around your friends and what not? Because last few relationships i've been in with women have been a secret and granted the first one was my doing since I wasn't sure what my sexuality was but the next one they were just secretive in every aspect of life and it became too much and...

Suddenly I felt very soft lips on top of mine that I quickly reciprocated and Scarlett then pulled away.

S: You were starting to ramble and I figured that was the best way to get you to shut up and listen to me.

Me: Well it worked.

We both giggle and Scarlett then looks me dead in the eyes with such care and seriousness

S: If we do this I don't want to hide it. Yes I would like to keep our relationship out of the public eye because I have seen with past relationships how being in the public eye makes things harder for both people in the relationship. However, my friends know I'm bi and even if they didn't I would still want to show you off as mine to them and whoever didn't accept it to hell with them and everyone who supported me would get to know you. I know you've had a hard few relationships with women, as you just said, as well as a bit of a hard past but I am here for you and I would like to show you off to my friends as mine provided after a few dates there's actual potential for us

Her saying that meant so much to me. I would finally be able to be open about a relationship to friends and family and not have to be so secretive. I had no response good enough to express my feelings on what Scar just said to me so I just pulled her in for a kiss that was filled with all the emotions I was feeling from what she said.

When we had to breathe we pulled apart and I looked Scar in the eyes.

Me: You don't understand how much that means to me. It means the world

S: And you deserve the world Ronnie, you deserve that and so much more.

We just cuddled on the couch afterwards watching some movies and enjoying each other's company for the day. It was nice and relaxing to be like this with her. I'm not sure where this relationship will lead but I do know that I want to try it out and see what the future holds for us. Our day did though have to come to an end eventually and I had to go home to meet up with none other than Lizzie, how am I going to explain everything?