Chapter 6

Veronica's POV

I was quickly snapped back to reality with a knock on my bathroom door and Lizzie's voice coming through

Lizzie: Hey you've been in there almost an hour, everything alright?

Me: Yeah sorry I'll be out in a second

Lizzie: Okay

How was I in the shower for an hour? Guess a trip down memory lane does that to you sometimes. I turned off the shower and got out to quickly change and brush my teeth before heading out my room.

When I look I see that lizzie's back is to my room and I took this opportunity to come up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist while laying my head on her shoulder. Feeling her leaning back into me made me melt all over again.

Lizzie: Hey princess

Me: Hey gorgeous, what you make for breakfast?

I kiss her on the cheek after

Lizzie: I made chocolate chip pancakes

Me: Ooooo my fav!

Lizzie: Noted, anyway why were you in the shower so long?

Me: Oh just lost in thought

Lizzie: Anything you want to talk about

Me: No it was just me remembering when I was in your shoes not wanting people to know about me and my ex when we first got together.

Lizzie: Oh...

Her demeanor changed I could tell it bothered her that I brought it up but I could tell too she had a question she couldn't decide on asking or not. I know we've only just started to know each other but I'm good at reading people, it's a perk of always being reserved my whole life until college. I can tell when people are acting different or something's bothering them before even the closest people to them sometimes notice. It's a gift and a curse, why? Well that's a story for a later date.

Me: What's the question?

Lizzie: What? What question?

Me: Lizzie, I know we've only spent like 2 days together but I'm good at reading people and it looks like you have a question to ask but can't decide whether to ask it so I'm telling you to ask.

Lizzie: Oh...umm...okay. I was wondering what happened between you and your ex?

Me: In what aspect?

Lizzie: When did you finally tell people? Why did you two break up? How long were you together? I don't know I just want to get a better understanding of you.

Me: Okay, was not expecting this this morning but if you really want to know then I'll tell you

Lizzie: I really want to know

Me: Well we were dating back in my Junior year of high school, everything was fine we were sneaking around and doing a good job about it. Granted some "coupley" things we did when we were friends so whenever she'd wrap her arm with mine when we walked or cuddled with me at a movie it was normal to our friends. We mostly couldn't kiss and seem overly couple like in front of our friends. I mean she was extremely supportive with waiting until I was ready. Then when I finally was it was in a way too late.

Lizzie: What do you mean?

Me: We dated for two years and I knew after the 1st month of us dating that I was bi but it was hard for me to come to terms with telling people. See the "friends" I had there were very judgmental and it's high school everybody worries what people thinks. I finally got the courage about a year in to at the very least tell our friends, when I told her that she said there was no point. When I asked her why she told me that her parents decided to move back to England where she originally was from. We were a few months from graduating and she said that she wanted to keep it with us so we didn't have friends digging into it. I agreed and spent as much time with her until she left, which was the day after graduation. We tried to make it still work but it was hard with the time difference and she turned into a different person, more manipulative in a way. We ended up breaking up a week before my birthday. It sucked to be honest but we made it through

Lizzie: Aww I'm so sorry Veronica

Lizzie hugged me tightly and rubbed my back before going back to eating our breakfast. If I'm being honest this silence was an awkward silence, not a comfortable one so I decided to break it.

Me: Anyway, that was a long time ago. So what would you like to do today before our date night tonight?

Lizzie's face lit up and she was smiling ear to ear. I was glad I told lizzie about my past, I hope it makes her understand I really mean it when I say we are going to go at her own pace.

Lizzie: Can we cuddle on the couch and watch movies?

Me: For you love, I'd do anything

I gave lizzie a quick kiss before taking our plates to the sink and washing them. When I finished I saw her already on our couch with a blanket looking through our television for a movie. I just loved how she's making herself feel at home, I don't know how I'm going to hide my stupid grin when I see her and my roommate's here but for her I'd go to the ends of the earth to make her happy.