Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

Once Upon A Time....

39K 662 1.5K
By Morning_Blankets

Hey, People. This is Lexi here. You're probably wondering "what's up with the Powerpuff Girls?"

I grew up watching them so I figured I'd just throw this out there. Plus I've been getting a bit of my own little fan base now that people know I can write shit.

Also so people can stop calling me a dude or mixing me up with Ivan.

So let's have fun!
----------------
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girl.

But Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction--

Chemical X!

Thus, The Powerpuff Girls were born!

Using their ultra-super powers; Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup have dedicated their lives to fighting crime And the forces of evil!

Sounds familiar, right?

It should.

This is the story of how the Powerpuff Girls came to be. The heroes of Townsville, USA. They were just little girls back then.

Monsters, demons, even basic bank robbers would face their fury if they ever dared to attack their home.

They were beloved and respected by all. The heroes that would always save the day.

Even now, as highschoolers, they serve to protect and save.

Blossom: Buttercup, get behind it and attack it on the left!

Blossom, commander and leader.

Bubbles: I'll get it from the right!

Bubbles, she is the joy and the laughter.

Buttercup: Let's knock this thing down!

Buttercup, she is the toughest fighter.

Following Blossom's orders, the green puff flew behind the giant minster that was trying to rampage through the city. Though the Professor was successful in creating a highly powerful shield around Townsville, Monsters still had tricks to try and get in.

This time it was some crab monster. It probably said it's name earlier, but it came out as a roar or a growl. Bubbles could probably translate but, she was a bit preoccupied at the moment.

Blossom: Alright, Girls. Attack!

Buttercup and Bubbles moved to attack the monster from the sides while Blossom took a deep breath. In one swift moment, Blossom blew out a gust of icy wind which blinded the monster.

Buttercup slammed right into the monster's leg, breaking the shell, while Bubbles punched it in it's large claw. Blossom blew out the last of her breath and clew straight towards the monster.

In one hard punch, the battle was over.

The monster fell to the ground, defeated, and the girls hovered over it in victory. What civilians that remained in the area began to cheer for their heroes.

The girls, however....

Bubbles: I hope we didn't hurt it too badly.

Buttercup: I wanted to throw the last punch!

Blossom: Ew. Is this crab juice in my hair?

There were indeed downsides to being a superhero. Especially a teenage one.

And as the girls "basked" in their victory, they forgot what day it was.

Blossom's head suddenly popped up which caused her sister's to look at her.

Buttercup: What?

Blossom: I think I just heard the first bell.

The three remained midair for a second before they all suddenly flew off.

They had school to get to.

Power Up!

203. 204. 205. 208?

Where the heck was 206 and 207?

Where?!

You looked around confused before taking another look at your class schedule. You had to get to 206.

Why was this school so freaking big?!

Y/N: Crap.

You dropped your arm and let out a frustrated groan. You had been walking through this hallway for almost an hour trying to find your first class.

You knew transferring schools would have it's hardships, but this was ridiculous.

Where was 206?!

You just shook your head before the second bell rang. Everyone who was left in the hallways were now racing to get to class.

You quickly realized you were going to be late to class. You grabbed your head and quickly looked around for someone to help you.

Y/N: Excuse me.

Ignored.

Y/N: Hey, can you...

Ignored.

Y/N: For the love of god....

Ignored.

Y/N: Help.

I
G
N
O
R
E
D
!

You soon found yourself standing alone in the middle of the empty hallway. So much for "a friendly environment".

You looked around to see if anyone was left to help you. Unfortunately, there was not. At least, you thought.

Buttercup: Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap!

You turned around when you heard the sounds of hurried footsteps and a worried voice. It sounded like a girl.

When you had finally turned around completely, you found the air knocked out of your lungs. You were quickly on the ground with a strange weight on top of you.

Y/N: Ugh..

You slowly gathered your surroundings again once your head stopped rattling. You slowly lifted your head back up and looked at the girl who was now pushing herself back up.

She shook her head and looked down at you.

Buttercup: Oh. Crap, dude. You alright?

She held out a hand towards you. You examined it for a second before you grabbed a hold. Your eyes went wide when she effortlessly pulled you up.

You recovered your footing and nodded.

Y/N: Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. You got yourself a mean tackle.

The girl just smiled proudly.

Buttercup: Of course I do.

She then looked at you from head to toe. You wore a jean jacket over a F/C hoodie with black jeans and F/C sneakers. Your hair was comb back with way too much hair gel and you wore a pair of glasses.

What really caught her eye, however, was the fact that your eyes were two different shades. Your left eye was brighter than your right.

Buttercup: Wait, I've never seen you before. Are you new or something?

You quickly nodded.

Y/N: Y-Yeah. I just moved here yesterday. I'm, actually looking for my class and I....

Buttercup: What class?

You held up your schedule to show her. She looked at the class number and sighed.

Buttercup: 206. That's Mr. Myers. Math. Wrong hallway, dude.

You looked at her confused.

Y/N: Wrong hallway? Then where is it?

Buttercup signaled for you to follow. With no other option, you just went along with her. She didn't seem to be a bad person either.

Plus you needed the help.

After walking for a while, you eventually reached a new hallway. Looking around you soon realized that this was the math hallway.

Y/N: Why the heck did they set it up like this?

Buttercup: It's stupid, but you get used to it.

You nodded. Buttercup then opened the door and walked in. You quickly followed.

Mr. Myers: Happy you can join us, Ms. Utonium. I see you even brought us a new friend.

You could hear the girl mumble something under her breath. Something about this being the reason why his wife left him? You weren't sure what that story was.

Mr. Myers: What was that?

Buttercup: I said, "he's new here." He's a transfer student.

You awkwardly waved. Mr. Myers, seemingly forgetting about the girl's tardiness, motioned for you to stand in front of the class.

Mr. Myers: Now, if you could introduce yourself.

Buttercup headed to her desk which left you with no additional help. Not that she would've been much help to begin with.

You just took a deep breath and slowly let it out as everyone watched you.

Y/N: My name is Y/N L/N. I'm 15 and I just moved here yesterday. I, uh, hope that I can.....get along with you all.

You nodded at your own words and looked around. No one even reacted. You were pretty sure that no one was even listening, honestly.

At least you were....blending in.

Mr. Myers: Your seat will be over there by Mr. Mitchelson. Mitch, raise your hand.

You watched as one of the other kids raised his hand. He was a brown haired boy who wore a varsity jacket. Seemed like someone who was as smart as a rock.

You didn't sense any kind of malice from him, though. He seemed nice enough.

You walked from the front of the room to your new seat. When you reached the back, you had noticed that the girl from before sat on the otherside of Mitch.

She spared you a single, quick glance before turning her attention back outside the window.

Once you sat down, Mr. Myers told everyone to take their books out and turn to some page. You didn't have a book.

Mr. Myers: Mitch, could you...

Mitch: Yeah, yeah.

Mitch opened his book and pushed it to the edge of his desk. He even moved a bit closer so that you could see it.

And with that, your new life as a student at Pokey Oaks Highschool.

What a lame start.
♡♡♡♡♡♡
You found yourself gripping the plastic lunch tray as you looked at the mass of students enjoying their food. All friends, all familiar with each other, all complete strangers to you.

You sighed at the sight.

It was cool to see people get along, there didn't seem to be any kind of bullying problem here, but you were a complete outsider.

You looked around to see if there was even an open seat. Unfortunately, there wasn't.

You did spot Buttercup sitting with Mitch over at a table, but they were with a bunch of other people. They all wore varsity jackets as well.

Football? Maybe basketball.

You always had trouble bonding with athletes. You didn't have anything against them, but you didn't have anything to relate to them either.

Buttercup felt like someone was watching her. She knew the feeling well with her status as a hero. But when she looked up, she only saw your leg as you left the room.

She kept her eyes on the doors for a while, but she turned back to her conversation.

You had decided to ditch your lunch and instead find somewhere just to relax a bit. You needed a second to breathe.

Starting a new school was hard. It was nerve-wracking.

You began to wonder the halls for a bit before you heard something. You slowed to a complete stop when you realized it was singing.

What was more, you recognized the song.

You looked down the hall and noticed that you were in the elective hall. Having nothing better to do, and desperate to make friends, you decided to find the source of the voice.

You walked for a moment before you found yourself standing in front of the choir room. You looked through the small window and spotted a girl singing to herself.

You looked down at the door handle and reached for it.

You quickly found yourself standing in the room while the girl continued to sing, unaware of her audience.

She had a beautiful voice. Unlike any you had ever heard. She could very well be a star.

It wasn't much longer that the song came to an end and the room was silent. Feeling a bit awkward, you decided to make your presence known.

Y/N: You're good.

The girl jumped at your voice. She finally spotted you and quickly placed a hand on her chest. Looks like you scared her.

Great first impression.

Y/N: Uh...s-sorry. I didn't mean to...I just heard you in the hall and I thought....I, uh, I wanted to.... sorry.

The girl finally calmed down and took another look at you.

She didn't know you. She knew everyone in school. Who were you?

Bubbles: Are you new?

You quickly nodded. Maybe you can fix this.

Y/N: Yeah. Um, I'm Y/N. I just moved here and I don't really....know anybody.

Bubbles: Oh. Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Bubbles.

You started to nod, but stopped and looked at her oddly. Bubbles was a....unique name. Maybe it was actually a nickname?

Y/N: Right. Well, Bubbles, I just wanted to say that....you, have a very nice voice. That was "Into The Heights", right? "When You're Home"?

Bubbles suddenly lit up with a bright smile. It was a very pretty smile.

Bubbles: It is! Are you a fan?

You gave a so-so hand motion. In truth, it wasn't one of your favorites. You liked it still. Your sister loved it, though.

Y/N: I'm more of a "Heathers" fan. "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark". That kind of stuff. "Into The Heights" was just a bit....real.

Bubbles: So you're more goofy fantasy?

You nodded. You were definitely a more goofy musical kind of guy. Your sister loved all musicals, though, so you were always watching them or listening to the music. Even when you were living with your grandma.

It just made you feel closer to her.

Bubbles: Have you seen "Hamilton"?

Y/N: Why is that the go to musical?

Bubbles: Because it's good.

Y/N: It's a bit overrated.

Bubbles gasped at your statement. Almost as if you had just insulted her mother.

Bubbles: It is not!

You shrugged.

Y/N: Kinda is.

Bubbles crossed her arms as she narrowed her gaze at you. And there you go, messing up a possible friendship.

You were suddenly surpised when Bubbles smiled again.

Bubbles: You must know your stuff if you can make that claim. Not bad.

Why did she sound proud of that? You weren't even proud of that.

Y/N: So, uh, why are you in here alone? Don't you have friends?

Bubbles quickly nodded.

Bubbles: I do. But they all have a different lunch period. And my sister is off with her friends, so I figured I'd come in here and rehearse a bit.

Y/N: Rehearse?

Bubbles: For the auditions. Oh, wait, you wouldn't know about that.

Bubbles looked around the room for a moment before she found what she was looking for. She picked up a flyer that was sitting on a desk.

She handed you the paper.

Bubbles: There's an audition for an upcoming play. It's called "Almost, Maine". It's not a musical, but I feel like singing a song might help.

You read over the flyer for a moment before you looked at her.

Y/N: So, you're in drama club?

Bubbles: Yep. But we're also low on guys at the moment.

She suddenly had an idea.

Bubbles: Hey, if you're trying to make friends and have something to do, why don't you join?!

You looked back up, but flinched when you saw that she was suddenly very close to you. You took a step back as Bubbles looked into your eyes.

She had never seen eyes like yours before.

Y/N: M-Me? I...uh...I don't know. I'm not really a drama club kind of guy.

Bubbles: We could also use more theater tech people. We kind of need the help. Plus, we're really desperate to get guys to join. There's a lot of male parts in this play. You'll blend right in.

You were suddenly hooked when you heard her last statement. Blend in. You would be blending in. That was good.

That was really good.

Y/N: I mean....I guess I could at least, try out.

Bubbles' smile only grew wider.

Bubbles: Really?

You nodded. Might as well try to blend in, right?
---------------
You tapped your foot impatiently as you watched the clock.

School was almost out. Your first day was almost over. You made it through unscathed.

Almost, at least.

You turned you attention back to your teacher, Mrs. Baker, who was ranting on about some biology thing. You had no idea what she was talking about, cause you were a new student who was suddenly dropped into a middle of a semester.

But you were going to be okay. You had to be.

For the sake of your sister, you had to make sure that you didn't cause any trouble here. You just had to keep your head down, blend in, and be a normal student.

BOOM!

You grabbed your desk when the ground suddenly began to shake. You looked around confused before you looked out the window.

Your eyes went wide when you saw that a massive monster was crawling out of the ocean. It was covered in spikes and had a massive tail either a large ball like weapon attached to it.

Mrs. Baker: Alright, students! Please start heading to the emergency room! Remain calm!

The students all get up and began to hurry out of the room. You sat there confused before you looked out the window again.

Was this a normal thing? How often did monsters really attack this place? Was this what your sister was talking about?

You stood up and grabbed your bag, but stopped. You found yourself staring at the monster as it tried to break through the energy shield around the city.

You clenched your fists and hurried out of the room.

Instead of following everyone down the hall, you instead ducked into the bathroom and locked the door.

You then opened your bag and reached in. You pulled out a F/C bandanna and smirked.

Over the skies of Townsville, three colorful streaks of light followed the city's heroes.

Buttercup: I'm getting real tired of these monsters. Didn't we just fight one?

Bubbles: Yeah. I was in the middle of English. We're doing Shakespeare.

Blossom: I know. I was studying. But we have a job to do.

The girls all reached the edge of the city where the monster was banging on the shield. It roared and swung it's tail.

Blossom: So, what's your thoughts, girls?

Buttercup: I say we just beat it down.

Bubbles: Why do you always resort to violence? We can try to talk to it.

Blossom: I don't know. It seems like it's not just going to leave, Bubbles.

The monster hit the shield once again.

Buttercup: Then let's tear it apart. Show the monsters from Monster Island that Townsville is officially off limits.

Bubbles: No! We don't have to kill it!

Blossom: But we also can't just send it away. It'll fight us regardless of what we do.

While the three went back and forth on what to do, the monster hit the shield. It then opened it's mouth and let out a much louder roar.

The girls all looked at it right when the shield began to crack. They all immediately raised their defenses, but they had nothing to worry about.

A sudden gust of wind flew past them and straight through the barrier. The monster had no time to react before it was punched in the chest.

The beast flew through the air back the way it came, leaving little damage in it's wake.

The girls all stared at the empty space with wide eyes. They then looked to the only figure hovering in the air.

Y/N: Yep. I was right to wait for that opening. Also, ONE PUUUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCHHHHHH!

You hovered in the air like the girls did. However, you wore your bandanna around your neck. It was covering your nose and mouth, successfully hiding your identity. You also had your hood on your head and had ditched your jean jacket.

You didn't want to go and kill the monster like Buttercup had wanted, nor did you feel like talking to it like Bubbles did.

Blossom: What....who are you?!

You looked over your shoulder at the three girls. Your eyes went wide when you saw that two of them were the girls you had met at school. They had powers?

Did they also get them from Chemical Z? Were they heroes?

Maybe you should introduce yourself? No. That would be bad. No one was supposed to know you had these powers. No one was even supposed to see you.

You said nothing, but you did give them a quick salute.

You then flew off in a blink of an eye. Unlike them, you left behind no colorful streaks, and you were much faster.

The girls watched as you flew away before you disappeared from their line of sight. They were left stunned.

Blossom: He...he just left?! How rude!

Bubbles: I hope he's okay. That must have hurt his hand.

Buttercup: He did that with one punch? He must be super strong!

Despite their different impressions, they all had the same question.

Who the heck were you?
-----------
Y/N: I'm home.

Sister: Hi, home. I'm Liz.

You rolled your eyes at your sister's horrible joke. You closed the door behind you and tossed your bag into a corner.

Y/N: Just because you're my legal guardian now, it doesn't mean you should start making dad jokes.

Your older sister just laughed.

Sister: Like you would know what a dad would joke about, you orphan.

Y/N: Hey, Dumbo, you're an orphan, too.

Sister: That's why they call me Kamakazi.

Y/N: Who? Who are these people who call you that?

You walked into the living room of your sister's apartment where you found her. She was sitting at the couch watching the news regarding the monster attack that you stopped.

Of course, no one knew it was you. No one even knew that anyone else was there.

Your eyes landed on the headline.

The Day Is Saved Once Again Thanks To The Powerpuff Girls!

Y/N: The Powerpuff Girls? Like that football thing?

Sister: That's Powderpuff. Why are you suddenly interested? You didn't seem to care when I was telling you about them.

That was only because it was her talking. But you did recall her mentioning something about heroes. You just assumed she was telling you not to be one.

But the shield was still up and the monsters were still being kept out. For now, at least.

Why did you even know what that was? It was because your sister was the one who helped design the shield.

She worked closely to some guy in town to help stop the attacks. She kept it under pretty tight wraps. You were curious about it, but she never wanted to explain exactly what it was.

All you needed to know was that it kept monsters out of the city. When it worked, that is.

Y/N: Right. And, uh, I think you and your partner should check on that shield of yours.

Sister: We are. Actually, we're going to be discussing the situation at his place Friday.

You gave her a look, but she quickly threw a pillow at you.

Sister: I didn't mean it like that. Besides, he's way too old for my taste. And you'll be there, too.

You had caught the pillow before it could hit the ground, but groaned at your sister's words. You didn't want to go to some guy's house just so he and your sister could talk science the entire time.

Y/N: Do I have to?

Sister: Yes. It'll be a good chance for you to meet him. Besides, you can consider it punishment for your little stunt.

You looked at her confused. She paused the TV at the exact moment where the monster was seen getting hit. After that, the video cut off. But that frame she paused on showed that something very obviously hit it.

Sister: You went and played hero, didn't you?

You stood there. You didn't even break a sweat.

Y/N: No-AH!

Your sister suddenly grabbed your ear and pulled you down.

Sister: Your ears get red when you lie!

Y/N: That's so not true! Let me go, you psycho!

Liz jerked your ear again which made you cry out some more.

Sister: Tell the truth!

Y/N: Fine! Yes! I punched the monster! Now let me go!

Your sister finally freed your ear and you pulled away. You held your ear and shot her a glare, but she was unphased. She placed her hands in her hips as she looked at you.

She was shorter than you by a foot or so, but she was scary when she got mad.

Sister: You had one job. Blend in.

Y/N: I did! I totally did. No one even saw me.

Sister: No one? Cause it looks like you had three witnesses.

You both looked back to the TV. The Powerpuffs weren't even near the monster, but you could tell that they were looking at something.

Y/N: Well...they didn't see my face.

Sister: Did you talk to them?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Well, at school. But I didn't know that they were the heroes. I figured they would have costumes or something.

Sister: They used to. Grew out of them. But that's besides the point. They can't know that the person who pinch that monster is you.

You nodded.

Y/N: Yeah. I got it. They won't.

Your sister tapped her foot before she gave you a nod. She then clapped her hands together and headed towards the kitchen.

Sister: Now that we got that settled, why don't I get dinner started? It's my turn, right?

Y/N: No. It's mine. You made dinner last night.

Sister: No, I got take out last night. You need actual food. Go get washed up and relax.

You decided it wasn't worth arguing about. You just headed to your room and opened the door.

It was empty save for a mattress on the floor. Your clothes were still packed inside of a large cardboard box, but that was it.

You didn't really have much to begin with. You didn't need much.

You kicked your shoes off and placed them next to your "bed".

Your sister bad gotten you furniture but it wouldn't be delivered until the end of next week. Until then, you only had this to work with.

You were just glad to have a room.

You let out a sigh as you took a seat on the bare mattress. You looked around your room for a moment before you looked out the only window.

The city seemed to be an interesting one. You found yourself smiling when you realized that this all really was a fresh start. Maybe you could make the most of it.

Maybe you could join Drama Club and be in that play. Maybe you could befriend Mitch and that other girl with the powers. Maybe you could focus on your grades and become a good student.

Maybe....maybe you could do some good here.

That would be a nice change of pace.

Whatever this city held in store for you, you were ready.

At least, you think so.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936K 16K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
105K 2.1K 24
(Y/n) rose,a child who never been loved by his family,getting beaten by their sisters,or getting slashes from his mother,aunt,Dad and his uncle,But o...
29.6K 626 25
Steven has left Beach City to find himself, some are happy, others sad, but one gem in particular is shattered. Lapis knew she loved Steven ever sinc...
24.8K 987 55
85% of the population has superpowers called Quirks. The remaining percentage of the powerless is slowly dwindling. And in the birthplace of the Hero...