The Apprentice || Anakin Skyw...

By and-the-children-too

ON HOLD Living on Tatooine for eleven years as a slave under the ownership of Watto has been something close... More

Authors Note
1-Hope
2-No Turning Back
3-You Own It
4-Savior
5-Weak
6-Serene
7-Unprofessional
8-Intoxicating•
9-Devil In My Ear
10-Adventurous
11-Consequences
12-So Far Gone
13-He•
14-Knows No Bounds
15-Revenge is Sweet•
16-Anya
17-Jealous
18-Everything
19-So Close•
20-A Life for a Life
21-Unforgivable
22-Milo
23-Just A Dream•
24-Soulmate
25-Shoot To Kill
26-Only For You•
27-Hunt
28-Wrong Things•
29-I Trust You
30-One More Time
31- Silenced
32-I'm Taking It
33-Snips
34-Lost
35-Beautiful Stranger
36-Irreplacable
37-Unnatural
38-Wickedly Inhumane
39-Dinner Time
40-A Ghost
41-Natural
42-I'm Proud of You•
43-More Than Helpful•
44-I Always Keep My Word
45-Feeling Guilty•
46-Unimaginable Fear•
47- Seal the Deal
48-A Little Bit of Hope
49-Loopholes
50-Skywalker•
51-Red
52-Immortal Inevitable
53-Butterfly•
54-Traitor
55-No One and Nothing
56-Generous Offer
57-Abeloth's Cage•
58-Close Your Eyes
59-Because of You
60-Dangerous Combination
61-The Apprentice of Darth Vader
62-For Good
63- Patience
64 - Leia
65 - Power and Control
66 - Demand
67 - Lux Bonteri
68 - Kidnapping
70 - Mercy
71 - Human
72 - A Fraction
73 - I'm Coming For You
74 - The Jedi Way
75 - Anakin

69 - You Will

4K 120 263
By and-the-children-too

2.9k words

Sorry for the meme 💀 but the chapter number.. I couldn't help it.

༻✦༺
Countdown: 8 months

Vader's POV
As I laid in bed, I stared up at the ceiling with a heavy sigh and watered eyes. It took everything in me not to go after her, but she asked for space, and I was going to respect that.

But my heart was beating heavy in my chest with nervousness and I wondered if this was something she could ever forgive me for. Which is why it took me this long to tell her; hell I was never even going to, but Maul's words about honesty had gotten to me.

Stupid fucking honesty.

I groaned as I grabbed her pillow and placed it over my face as Milo snuggled closer to my side. He could feel my agitation and was trying his best to comfort me; it wasn't working, but still, I bless his efforts.

Finding out that her mother was a Jedi that had died by my hand wasn't what I thought I'd learn when I went into her mind that day. All I wanted to know was where she came from, how she ended up in that disgusting place, and gain an explanation on her sensitivity to the force. Granted I did find exactly what I was looking for, but I just wasn't expecting it to be that.

And now that she knows, every-time I close my eyes, all I can see is her mothers face, and her pleading eyes. It was as if she was trying to tell me in that moment that she had someone waiting on her somewhere, but she never got the chance to speak. Not before I stuck my lightsaber straight into her throat, an act I never thought I'd regret.

But of course, with my fucking luck, this is how it had to go. Maybe I never should have told her, I doubt she's going to look at me the same again.

And now I had a shitty idea in my head, and it was going into her mind and taking away all that she's learned. But not only would that be the most disrespectful thing I could ever do to her, besides the obvious; I would still know, and I would walk around the rest of my life with that heavy weight on my conscience.

So no, it's better that she knows, she deserves to know.

So now I just have to live with it and hope she'll still want to be with me in the end. And I know I shouldn't feel so insecure; we're married. But I was married once before, and a ring didn't stop her from deciding she didn't want me.

And unlike Padme, I can't bring myself to hurt (y/n). So I'd just have to live my life knowing she was out there, inevitably growing a life with someone else.

I sighed again and held the pillow tight against my face, staining it with a few stray tears that broke free. I was way too drunk to be thinking about any of this.

I was about to attempt to get a little sleep so I could shut the annoying voices out of my head; the same ones that were feeding me all these insecurities. But my attention was pulled to Milo who popped his head up in alert.

I moved the pillow away from my face and looked at him with furrowed brows; he had his ears perked and his gaze locked on the door. Then, he began to growl, and not his low warning growl that I was used to hearing when someone would simply pass by the door; but he sounded vicious. The fur on his back stood up while he snarled and he appeared ready to kill.

"What is it Milo?" I asked as I sat up on my elbows.

As if to answer my question, he jumped from the bed and ran towards the door that opened when he got close enough - thanks to the device on his collar that actively opened any door of his choosing, minus the ones to the outside world. He quickly made a left and ran down the hall as I rushed out of the bed to follow him.

My lightsaber was already in my grip and the adrenaline had sobered me up. I followed my dog with clones beginning to follow closely behind me when they saw I was in a state of urgency.

It felt like we were running for ages and I could feel the air burning my legs as they begged for a break. But the reason I didn't stop was because I started to feel something, or someone.

Impossible.

Finally, Milo led us up to the roof and just as I shoved the door open, I saw a speeder zooming away at high speed. I'm sure the red in my eyes grew as my heart dropped into my stomach when I saw each passenger on the vehicle; one man I didn't recognize, Yoda, and my wife with my unborn child.

She was unconscious as the unknown man drove the speeder away, and Yoda had his beady eyes on me - like he had sensed me coming.

"No!" I screamed, my voice heavy with fury as I  instinctively reached my hand out and the speeder came to a struggled halt, "You people took everything from me, you will not take her too!" My shouts boomed across the large space between us, loud enough for them to hear me.

I knew not searching for that little green fuck would come back to bite me in the ass. But why would he even want my wif- then it hit me, it's not her he wants, it's my baby; he wants my baby. That had to be it, otherwise (y/n) would be dead right now instead of being taken, he has no other purpose.

I don't even want to know what they plan to do with my child, although I had a guess seeing as it's inevitable for my child to be stronger than I. They'd probably use the baby's power for their own personal gain, but over my dead body will I allow that to happen.

I slowly closed my hand into a fist and the speeder was coming towards me. The man stepped on the accelerator to fight against my pull, but Yoda remained in the same position, watching me with his palms resting on top of his cane. Seeming, unbothered.

My clones looked ready to fire but I held them back, I couldn't risk them hitting (y/n) or knocking down the speeder.

This all was on me.

'I didn't even bother to hunt you down old man, but if you take her and my baby away from me  - I will never stop until you all are crushed underneath my boot.' I knew he could hear me, it was him who taught me this technique, 'Haven't you taken enough babies in your lifetime?' I spat, referring to the Jedi and the twisted way they did things.

'Fear you, I do not,'

I could feel eyes darken and I know this because the world around me began to dim and all I began to see was red, 'You will.' I tilted my head and pulled their speeder closer.

As I was distracted with him, I hadn't noticed the amethyst blade that was flying towards me, aiming straight for my chest. I didn't even have the time to react since it was already so close and I believed for a split second that I would die and fail my wife and child - but I was surprised to see white armor appear in front me just in time.

It was a loyal clone who took the blow for me, but his body flew backwards into mine and the blade that pierced through him; went through me as well, causing me an intense pain that made us both scream.

Both of us fell with our backs to the ground and as I hit the back of my head against the cemented floor; my entire world plunged into darkness and the last sound I heard was a speeder flying away.

༻✦༺

(Y/n)'s POV
"Anakin," My husbands name parted from my lips in the form of a weak whisper. I could hardly speak, and I could hardly think - everything was numb. They did something to me, I'm not sure what it was, but my body felt completely paralyzed.

They wanted me weak, so I couldn't fight back.

I heard the steps of my captors, along with the tapping of a cane as the taller one carried me in his arms, "Sh," He shushed my efforts to speak, "We're almost there."

Almost where?

A few more minutes passed and I could feel the one holding me come to a stop, "In there, put her." The grungy old voice of the green creature bounced from the walls of wherever they decided to bring me.

I opened my eyes, but not fully and vision was blurred, all I could see were their fuzzy silhouettes as the one holding me laid me down in...water? The liquid was cold and sent a shiver through my body, "What is this-" My head was the last thing to be lowered down into the pit of liquid that reached high enough to cover my ears. Like I was in a bath tub that wasn't fully filled, but still filled enough to cover most of my body, just not the top of my stomach or my face - probably so I could breathe.

The sudden change in temperature shocked my body and I was able to open my eyes fully, but I couldn't move anything else.

The one who was previously holding me backed away after he placed a mask over my face that was making it easier to breathe. Then the green man approached me, my death glare locked on him, "Safe in here, you and the baby will be." He lifted his claw and moved one finger, prompting a glass lid with golden designs covering it to be closed over me.
(If you've seen the Book of Boba Fett, it's something similar to his healing chamber, it sparked the idea hehe)

What the hell is this?

"This," He tapped his nail on the glass above me. I could still see him, and I could still hear him, "Everything your body needs, it will give. Sleep safely until the birth, you will." He answered my thoughts as if he heard them, which he might have. It's clear he's force sensitive just as I am, and much more wise with the knowledge.

The man who had carried me came into view again as well, but this time his face was covered by a mask, but I knew it was him. I could tell by the aura surrounding him, it wasn't evil, but it wasn't good either.

"He talks in confusing riddles I know. But this opaque liquid you are in is sucked up by the skin, it'll give you all the nutrients your body needs to survive," He informed me better than the other one, and just as he finished his explanation - I could feel my eyes beginning to close again. I fought hard to stay awake, but as each second passed, the more difficult it was to fight, "Oh and I'm sure you can already feel it's sedative affects," He chuckled as he leaned forward and rested his elbows against the glass, his mask covered face hovering over mine, "You will remain here, like sleeping beauty, until the baby is born. Then I will kill you, and we will take the baby so it won't be corrupted by you two devils. And who knows maybe one day that kid will be strong enough to—oh I don't know," He shrugged, "Kill his own father so the galaxy can finally be restored."

My body twitched as every nerve inside of me was trying to fight the affects and get out of here so I could snap this bastards neck. His threats didn't scare me, I just knew I couldn't stay here like this. I need to get out there, Anakin needs me. He'll die before I'm ever able to see him again if what this man says is true, if I'm really going to stay in here until I'm full-term. Which is exactly in eight months when his time will be up.

The man above me shook his head, "I can see you trying to fight it, but don't bother, you'll be asleep in three, two..."

My eyes closed involuntarily, leaving me in darkness as I screamed my husbands name in my mind; begging him to find me before it's too late. And let's not forget the single tear that slid down my cheek as I mourned the heart-breaking possibility of never seeing him again or being able to tell him, that it's okay.

༻✦༺

Vaders POV
I thrashed against the metal table as the doctors and nurses worked on my injuries. I was trying to be calm so they could do their job and save me, but I was struggling - struggling the breathe. The lightsaber had to have pierced my lung and so not only was I in agony, I felt like I was choking.

The doctor moved around me frantically, "I need someone to hold him-"

"Fucking idiot," Rex shoved the doctor before placing an oxygen mask over my face and although I was still in pain, I didn't feel like I was suffocating so I was able to calm down, "Can't you see he just needed to breathe, get your incompetent ass out of here!" He basically threw that doctor out of the room, but luckily there were more doctors here than I needed.

I placed my hand over his that was holding the mask and he looked down at me, meeting my teary eyes, "Who sav-" I choked, unable to finish what I was trying to say.

But he understood exactly what I was trying to ask; who saved me. His eyes watered and he blinked a tear away, "Echo is the one who jumped in front, and no he didn't make it." He dropped his down and I could see the pain of losing his brother, clear on his features.

Anger shot through my veins once again and I slammed my fist against the metal table under me. He was a good soldier, and he was a good friend, he will forever be remembered for this.

The medics continued working on my injury and I could no longer feel any pain due to the medications numbing my body as they worked. I closed my eyes and weakly dropped my head to the side, thinking of the loss of my friend and also how exactly I plan to get my wife back. I know they won't hurt her, they need her alive and Yoda is not the kind of man who tolerates torture.

But still, him and every other force user alive that I get my hands on will suffer for this. Even if they weren't involved, I don't fucking care, I will eliminate every potential threat there is. So her, the baby, and I will forever live without the fear of another coming to steal away our happiness.

Just as soon as I get her back, which I will. For that I am certain of.

I heard a nurse speaking to Rex about me and so I slowly opened my tired eyes, "His lungs are damaged, but not permanently. He'll have to be on a respirator for at least a couple of months and undergo treatments until they're fully healed. The weapon nearly destroyed his right lung, so as of right now he's running on just his left," She informed him and he nodded her a thank you before dismissing her away.

He looked down at me, meeting my gaze, "You heard?" I nodded slowly as a response and watched him pull something out from his pocket, it was a hilt, "This is the lightsaber we pulled out of you both." He held it up over my eyes so I could get a better look it, "Do you know who's it is?"

My heart stopped, I recognized it, I know exactly who that belongs to. I nodded again as I balled my hands into fists; no wonder I didn't recognize him, I've never seen him without his mask on.

Revan.

(I am aware Revan is part of the Old Republic, but as I've said in previous chapters this is my fan fiction and I like to make up my own rules hehe. So I chose to pull him to this timeline for the sake of entertainment and because I happen to really like his character❤️)

༻✦༺
Hope you liked this chapter! I had writers block for awhile especially since I wanted the countdown to start moving and didn't know how while also keeping it entertaining and fun to write, so this was my solution 💕
I hope it's interesting to you!

Also I have a new book titled "Black Butterfly" I would love it if you would check it out for me and yes it's another Anakin story!
'You go undercover as a bartender in one of his club that resides in the heart of LA. You're there to exploit the secrets he has hidden behind closed doors. But can you stop yourself from falling in love with the very man you're meant put behind bars?'
༻✦༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 12.7K 60
• Anakin Skywalker / reader • You live on Coruscant and work in the temple medbay. After years of pain and hardship, you life is exactly how you've a...
6.5K 145 5
you and anakin reunite as friends after 13 years of being separated by a tiring war. But your friendship with him isn't as friendly as you'd expected...
60K 1.6K 42
"I fucking hate you." Y/N took a step forward trying to intimidate him. Not that he felt like she did, still she tried everything in her power to mak...
3.4K 42 44
❝Well, I've been saving you since we were kids so I won't stop now❞ Emmesere Donndern and Anakin Skywalker had been slaves together until they were r...