Kingston

By salvatoremily

She's the one thing he can't have. And it's killing him, because Kingston men always get what they want, don'... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Forty.
Forty-one.
Forty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Forty-six.
Forty-seven.
Forty-eight.
Forty-nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-one.
Fifty-two.
Fifty-three
Fifty-four.
Fifty-five.
Epilogue.
Author Note.

Thirty.

3.8K 97 37
By salvatoremily

I felt a cool rush of air brushing over my exposed leg. I was in one of Axle's shirts which fit like a dress on me but I didn't mind and he didn't either. The fact that he uses Hugo Boss to sleep wasn't that shocking to me.

When I opened my eyes which felt like they were glued shut, I noticed Axle wasn't with me. He wouldn't have left for work without waking me up so he must be around somewhere.

I rubbed my eyes harshly and went to the bathroom to treat my wound. It isn't close to healing yet but it's now day 2 of my residency with Mr Kingston and I would have to make my way back home soon.

After dressing the wound and brushing my teeth, I tried to style my hair. I'll be honest, I haven't felt pretty in the last few days, being stabbed and all. I need my clothes and I want my shampoo.

As I made my way downstairs, I was hit with the lovely scent of bacon and eggs.

I expected to see a chef at the stove, but what I saw was better. A shirtless, back muscle flexing Axle Kingston. His joggers sat low on his waist and I know he wasn't shirtless because he didn't have any shirts to wear. The man was shirtless because he wanted me to look. So I didn't.

"you're quite the chef." I said, and he turned around with a mug in his hand.

"you're quite the sleeper." he said and gave me a smirk.

"did I miss anything?" I asked and eyed the stove.

"nothing serious." he said, and faced his back to me. I am internally swooning.

"shouldn't you be at work?" I asked, and sat down at the stool near him.

"took the day off for you." he said, with a hint of politeness. That was one of the rare times Axle spoke like a human being, with a gentle voice. We treasure these occurrences of his niceness.

"that's sweet of you. Are you taking me out?"

"no, you'll spend all my money." he said, and laughed.

I did not laugh. I did not find that funny.

"I would've bought you something too. Maybe a shirt, poor guy, standing here and cooking without one. I feel so bad." I said with a sarcastic tone.

"keep running your fucken mouth and see what happens." he said, his voice menacing, threatening. Anyone would be scared. But I was not afraid of Axle Kingston. I held him in the palm of my hand.

"and what exactly would happen hm? Are you threatening me?" I asked, and he had a devilish smirk on his face for some reason.

"yes." he answered plainly.

"you're drinking coffee? I thought you were allergic to any liquid other than whisky." I said and he scoffed.

"I'm trying something new." he said, and I followed his eyes to the coffee machine which was the exact same one I have at home.

I smiled.

"it's worth it, I promise." I said and he shook his head.

"it cost me 4 thousand dollars Katerina, it better be fucking worth it." he responded, but 4 grand was change for this man.

He sat down next to me, 2 plates in his hand and the frying pan on the warmer. He handed me one of my pills to take before eating.

"eat." he ordered me, after putting 2 eggs on my plate.

"I usually only eat one." I said and he looked at me as if I was stupid.

"you weigh 90 fucking pounds. You'll eat both." he said.

"you don't have to be so gentle about it" I said, and rolled my eyes.

"listen to me, you could've fucking died. You're severely anemic, did you know that?" he asked, with his rage filled, moody self.

"yes. I was diagnosed when I was 16." I answered and ate some bacon.

"well we're going to fix it. You're a grown woman Katerina, and right now a strong wind will knock you the fuck down. Eat. And don't argue with me." Alright fine. It's unfortunate that he's so hot. Who can argue with a face like that?

I sighed, and ate the two eggs somehow. I felt his gaze warming up the side of my cheek. I wished he'd look elsewhere, he was sitting on my ugly side.

When I stood up to wash up, he yet again looked at me like I was stupid.

"put the fucking plate down." he said, and walked closer to me. So close I could feel his entire shirtless chest on my back.

"can you try and say that nicer?" I said, and turned around to face him. I was against the sink, his body was towering over mine. He put his arm on the sink, gripping the metal and looking intently at me.

He sighed.

"please, put the plate down." he said, calmly and politely. It was nice, but it wasn't him. I mean, when he spoke to me, he wasn't swearing at me, it's just the way he is.

But he was trying, I could see it.

After leaving the plates and sitting in the living room, the doorbell rang.

A lady, maybe about 5'3 was at the door. She had long blonde hair and brown wedges on with a blue and white dress. She's pretty, maybe a bit younger than me.

Axle looked at her tiredly but she looked more than happy to see him. Like she was familiar with him.

She looked at him too much and I felt myself growing hot with jealousy. I hated this side of myself. I've never been insecure but sometimes it's hard not to be. Sometimes you just feel like crap and there's nothing you can do about it. It's part of being a woman, I guess. We always feel like someone out there is prettier.

She darted her eyes to me and I scanned her up and down. There's no way she's Italian. I'd very much like to kick her blonde head.

She smiled at Axle and he shut the door after she handed him a brown paper bag.

He looked over at me and I turned my head.

"what?" he asked, his gruff voice taking over.

"nothing." I said, and shook my head.

He walked over to me and handed me the bag.

"pajamas, sleep clothes for you. Christina's secret." he said, and I wanted to laugh.

I looked in the bag. It was filled with Victoria Secret pajamas.

"it's Victoria's secret." I corrected and he shook his head.

"Whatever. It was very expensive. You can keep all my shirts but I want you to be comfortable. Silk will feel better against the wound. I thought you'd like it." he said, and looked at me longingly.

This was a beautiful gesture. So why do I behave like this then?

"no, I don't want clothes one of your women picked out for me." I said, and turned my head as sassy as possible.

He sighed.

"one of my women?" he asked, his voice sounding curious. It's almost like he wanted to laugh. How precious that would be.

"she practically licked your face at the door just now. I don't want these clothes. You can give them back to her. She can use it for her prostitution." I said, and I honestly couldn't believe what I was saying. If anything, I'm blaming it on the stuff doctor weiner gave me.

What I said earned a laugh from Axle. It was light, airy. So soft I almost missed it.

"she's not a prostitute, Kat. She works for me. But please, keep the clothes. I picked the colors." he said, and looked so nervous I just wanted to hug him. I don't think I'd ever seen him like this. It felt like he was looking for my approval.

"don't ever make another woman shop for me. I'll kill you next time." I said, and pointed my finger at him.

"Yes, angel." he responded.

I turned my head.

"I'll think about using them." I said, and he shook his head.

He stood up and glanced at my face for a second.

"you're going to drive me insane, aren't you Ms Hayes." he said, and stroked my cheek with his thumb. I felt an electric current float through me and settle where his fingers touched.

I looked up at him and his eyes were focused on mine. He bit his bottom lip and let his hand linger on my face.

"I might. But I think you can handle it." I said, in a seductive voice. I have no idea where that came from.

He ran his hand over my hair, not daring to look away from my eyes.

He eventually let go, and walked off into his house. It all felt so...perfect. I decided to explore. I think he left me alone because he wanted me to get comfortable here, he wanted me to feel at home.

I found a very pretty looking seat nearby his office. The place was like a maze. There were different wings, a huge garden and so many other stuff I wanted to see.

But as I sat in that chair, I saw a door creaked open slightly.

And there he was.

A fully furnished boxing gym, with about 3 bags destroyed and obliterated lying in the corner of the room. I'm guessing this is where he relieves his stress and tension.

It is one of my many goals, together with learning how to make origami napkins, to get Axle Kingston on hypertension medication.

And so I sat. And I watched. I was thankful for this view. It seemed all too good to be true.

I watched him put a bag on the hook.

And I watched him crack his knuckle and put on the gloves.

And then I watched him hit that bag.

His back muscles were mocking me. His tattooed arm flexing. His biceps moving and turning and twisting. Sweat dripping down his neck, glistening like diamonds.

The sound of his fists hitting that bag echoed through the whole house. He went on and on and on.

He ran his hand through his hair now and again. I saw the shine of his chain on his neck in the light.

He had raw strength, displaying right in front of me. I had my nails in my mouth and I felt like a creep. I crossed my legs, pressing my thighs together. Something was fluttering inside me, I'd never felt this unhinged before, like I wanted to go in that room and do something crazy. I didn't know what was running in my head, all I knew was that I can feel warmth settling in my belly, and a sensation between my legs I can't explain.

When I sensed he was drawing near conclusion, after about 30 full minutes of destroying the poor bag, he drank water out of an ugly looking bottle and wiped his body.

I looked beside me and it must be my lucky day. There was a full bookshelf beside me. Floor to ceiling, arranged by size.

I quickly pulled out a book and opened it to the 20th page. I wasn't even sure I was even looking at a book. In this moment, I don't think I knew anything was happening and I couldn't hear anything over the sound of my heart racing.

"hm, I didn't hear you in there." I said, as he walked out with a towel around his neck.

"I'm sure you didn't." he said, and looked me up and down. I felt his eyes scanning my body.

"you have fun hitting a bag?" I asked, and watched his eyes roam over my body and his tattooed arm rubbing his neck.

He nodded and stood in front of me.

"how's that book?" he asked, and watched my face cautiously. I honestly have no idea what this book is even called.

"uh, it's great. Really interesting so far." I said, and felt ridiculous.

"hm, that's good." he said, and nodded as if he knew I was talking nonsense to him.

He turned around and leaned against the wall in front of us.

"that book is in Russian, angel. You don't understand a word of it." he said, plainly.

He was right. I don't speak Russian. But he can't be right. I hate it.

"you speak Russian?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I do."

"say something to me."

He sighed, thinking for a second then he said

"YA khochu, chtoby ty nikogda ne ukhodil"

I didn't blink at all when he said that, it just poured out of his mouth so beautifully.

"and what does that mean?" I asked and he smiled.

"it means you have a little drool from watching me in there." he said, and nodded his head to the room he was in, and then he walked off. Leaving me there, blushing.

I assumed he went to shower, and I so continued my venture around his house.

I was shocked when I saw the beautiful, grand piano resting underneath the staircase.

I sat on the bench, and admired the beauty in front of me. I have a piano at home, and I last played before I left to London.

I touched the keys and smiled.

The piano was my favorite instrument.

And I let the keys take me away.

I began to play Für Elise, the song I knew best. My favorite one. The first one I learned to completion, the first one I recited for my family.

It overpowered the room and I heard Axle walking in. He was watching me and smiling.

"you play very beautifully." he said and I smiled. "thank you." I responded.

"come, let's go eat." he said, and reached his hand out to help me off the bench, even though I didn't need help waking up anymore.

It was now evening, the sky had darkened and I had an eventful day.

We sat in front of the TV together, as if we were staying together under normal circumstances. It felt right.

I thought of Lo, and I thought of what things would be like now.

I don't think I'd want to marry another.

As I put on vampire diaries for us to watch, Axle looked at me and began to speak.

"Katerina, you'd tell me if something happened with you and Carter, right?" he asked, I couldn't detect anything in his voice. He was just posing a question.

"of course. Why?" I asked.

"we needed him, your papa and I. But he said some things that made me wonder what happened between you and him." he said, and looked at me intently.

"nothing happened really, he just decided he didn't feel anything for me." I said, and shrugged it off.

"Since when do you lie to me? Tell me what really happened, I need to know if I must plan a murder or not,"

I sighed and looked back at him.

"the night of Aly's party, he told me he thought something was going on between us. Said he wasn't going to compete with you for my affection. But there were no hard feelings." I said and looked at my plate.

I heard him chuckle.

"so everyone sees it huh?" he said, and I darted my eyes to him.

"that's not necessarily a good thing. You cost me a good husband." I said and he smiled.

"I think I'd do better."

All it took were 5 words to make me melt. I turn them over and over in my head.

"we need to do something about that by the way." he said, and my heart began to race. He said that so unceremoniously, but I loved it. Do something about that, like it was something small we were talking about.

"okay I already thought about it." I said and looked at him. I crossed my legs and sat up, ready to do a full presentation.

"Lucky, I had my own plan lined up. And it involved a lot of me just telling people you were dead and keeping you here with me." he said and I almost choked.

"that's um, that's something. Anyway listen." I said and he smiled.

"we can't do anything now. You know that right?" I asked and he shook his head.

"no, why the fuck not?" he asked and I frowned.

"think about it Axe, all of a sudden Brendan comes into town, Aly's engagement is ruined, and then bam, you and I are having a beautiful wedding in the Bahamas." I said.

"it'd look like you brought him into town. You have quite a reputation for doing whatever it takes to get what you want, and this is the exact kind of thing you'd do. You see what I'm saying?" I asked and he nodded

"God you're fucking smart. So now what?" he asked.

"so now we wait. It's almost November, soon my papa would want me to go on dates, and that's when I tell him about you." I said and he looked ragefilled.

"is this really what you want me to do?" he asked.

"no but it's the best option. I won't go on any dates unless you want me to. We carry on like this." I said and he smiled.

"I wouldn't let you go on a single fucking date, you know that." he said and I smiled back at him.

"this will work. But I need you to promise me something." I said and he nodded.

"no women. I know it may be difficult with your... urges but please, just try. Until then. It may be unfair but I don't want the cheating thing to be a problem with us." I said, with my heart on my sleeve.

"no women" he repeated, his eyes fixed on mine.

"I mean it, Axle. No women at all."

He took my hand in his big, rough one.

"you're all I need, sweetheart. You have my word. No one but you. I promise." he said and all the butterflies started flapping in my stomach. His words were gentle, caring and honest. It was the tone where anything he said was the truth. "I need you to know that I want this, I want you. Kat, it doesn't matter how this goes or what your father tells me. You're it for me." He says. I look up at him, seeing the darkness in his eyes soften for me. "I know. You'll figure it out with him, he trusts you." I say, he nods slowly. "He trusts me with business. You're his whole world. I don't know what he'll do to me when I tell him, but I'd take the bullets for you." He says. I sigh heavily. "I'll talk to him too when the time is right. All he'd want is for me to be happy." I tell him. I feel his fingers tangle in my hair. "Are you happy, neonata? Do I make you happy?" He asks, in his low voice. "Unbelievably happy, Axe." I whisper to him. "Good, it better fucking stay that way. If I ever upset you, I give you my permission to assault me." He says, as serious as ever. I burst out laughing. "Oh my God, I'd never do that. You wouldn't upset me, you care too much when it comes to me." I say. He nods. "I do care about you, but sometimes the work I do messes with my head. I'm not used to being around someone all the time." He says, wrapping the ends of my hair around his fingers. "We'll have our days of quiet, we'll go on little trips to clear your mind, you and I will take walks, we'll sleep in. You've never had someone take care of you before, have you?" I ask. He shakes his head. "When all this works out -and it will- you won't be alone, Axe. I'm always by your side," I tell him. His eyes meet mine, and there's a look on his face that I can't explain. I don't know if it's relief or disbelief, but right now he looks lost for words. There's a brief moment of silence before I rest my head back on his shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm fucking watching this. Does this girl ever stop crying?" he said, with his arm over my shoulder and my body resting against his.

I smiled, and we drifted off.

I looked up at him before fading off to sleep.

"Siamo io e te Axle, solo io e te" I said, while his eyes fluttered closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 64.4K 60
Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thought that if she gives love to everyone, e...
2.2M 35.6K 46
"Someone's coming, we have to be quick, Enzo." I said, and he swiftly unbuttoned my blouse, revealing my naked chest. "Baby, nothing about what I'm...
30.7K 970 45
Violet Iris Rowan, 25, grew up in a poor neighborhood in New York, with her sister and mom. Her mother worked multiple jobs to keep a roof over her d...
578K 16K 29
One touch. One touch was enough for a tough mafia boss to fall in a love with the unknown girl. She was abused, he was abused. Two broken people tryi...