The Queen's Duplicate [USUK]

Od ElaineChism

'I have no need for you, I simply desire your King.' King and Queen of Spades, Alfred and Arthur, live th... Více

Wonted
Words of Solitude
Don't Worry
Accident
Invitation
Expenses
Relaxation and Causation
Arrival of Anticipation
Honesty
Explanation
Commence
The Plan
Belief
Start of a Journey
Anguish
Reunion
Together at Last
Caught the King
Trapped King
Evaluation
Presided King
My Darling
Surface Once More
Tribulation
Ready to Start
Knock Off
Superficial Exterior
Switch Saviours
Not Like Other Kingdoms

Proceed Again

5 1 0
Od ElaineChism

Chapter 28

      As much as it may have hurt, the confusion was much more bewildering. What test was this, or were there loopholes they hadn't considered. "This doesn't make sense."

      "Why can't I-" Cutting off, choking on his own words before swiftly pulling his hand away from the other. 

      Noticing the other's panic, quickly rushing to his side. "Alfred, calm down. Take a deep breath."

      "No!" There wasn't a way for him to be calm in such a state, the plan and theory, all of it was meant to align. Once the Queen was disposed of, Arthur was meant to be able to step through the door that kept the worlds separated. "No, I can't do this anymore. I want to go home, I want to be with you, seeing you isn't enough and call it selfish because I don't care. I just killed someone, why should I care that I want to be with my husband. Our marriage was doomed from the start, but we still did it, and it was beautiful. I loved every minute of it, but then some jackass came to ruin it, and he did this." Finally letting himself breath, gripping onto his hair as the tears rolled down one after the other, laying his head onto his knees.

      Arthur took a place to his distraught husband, neither infuriated or annoyed with how he was acting, he had taken risks tonight and now they were all for naught. Looking to the other's hands, scarred from bracing impacts against walls and floors, the fights for his own life at every undisciplined action, while freeing himself Arthur had unknowingly walked him into a trap. Perking up he went to grab Alfred's hand, sighing bitterly when it went through, he wouldn't deny that he understood why the other was making such a big deal out of this because it wasn't a simple issue to start with, and overtime had gotten worse for the other who had suffered greatly for his sacrifice. 

      Changing from his side to in front of him, getting his attention, letting all of his weight shift to his knees. "I'm not giving up as long as this ring remains in my possession, until you arrive home I won't stop trying."

      Looking up to the other, working to control his breathing flicking a few tears away, coughing into his elbow, "I'm sorry," Rubbing to wipe away his exhaustion. 

      Resting his hand on Alfred's he didn't consider it for a second, knowing it was not being supported and would end up hurting soon enough. "Our theory wasn't solid, unfortunately you can't run tests on these sort of things. On the bright side, you can get out of here."

      Taking the other's words he nodded, grabbing the least burning thing he could find, consisting of a black sweatshirt that had miraculously shown up as a saviour and some slacks. Walking through the walls, keeping the knife on his person as he made his way out. "What happens now?" Leaning against one of the palace walls, finally outside, the moon out as he dragged the blade across the slacks, doing what was possible to rid it of blood, keeping a firm hold on the handle.

      The shorter blonde stared, slightly in awe that there was more to this world, the stars in visible colour compared to those back home, it was a fascinating sight. "You said there was a lake nearby, yes?"

      Raising a brow he tucked the knife away, "Yeah, in the garden's maze. Why?"

      Smirking he leaned up against the wall confident in how this would go, glad he had honed the ability to seemingly interact with his surroundings. Gazing to the stars, tilting to lean his head onto the other's shoulder, letting his eyes close. The issue was he understood why Alfred referred to it as selfish, having convinced his innocent darling lover to kill someone for the sake of reuniting, something he would have never done if there had been any other way, as far as he was concerned, until the other was in his embrace once again, he wouldn't settle. 

      Through some miracle Arthur had taken notice of patterns throughout the day, Alfred knowing the rest enabling him to find sanctuary for the night that provided closure from the sun and a passerby's eye. Listening in to a recited memory, not recalling what it was of, focusing on the sound of his husbands voice, the only thing keeping his sane in these moments. Never had there been a time when the other warned him of his soon awaited departure, only finding himself laid in the grass, a light breeze messing up his hair pushing his bangs into the his eyes. Getting up he looked around, the first watch was probably soon, although he couldn't tell time anymore, having used the Queen's work hours as a guide, but he was dead so what could one do. Peering down the lane both ways, seeing no indication of life he made his way down, hinging on this working otherwise he would be found and thrown into the dungeons.

      Without the guide of the Queen's schedule, and his own lover helping him get an idea of where he was in each minute he wasn't sure how to get through without being caught, in those minutes of lingering and straying through that didn't seem to matter. Having gotten so deep within the crowded lines of roses out of sheer luck, the real test of truth being if this could work out in their favour, if not it could end with encountering an unsavory death.

      Yellow was now mixing with a formation of pinks and blues, the sun still rising in the sky, staring up in awe, allowing his eyes to rest as the wind blew through his hair. Heart rate increasing as he heard a gruff groan, throwing himself into one corner, covering his mouth before seeing the person walk a different way. The grass wouldn't make any sound to alert him, letting his guard down was a horrible idea unable to detect anyone around him only through sight, needing vision regardless of what was occurring around him. Admittedly it had been a foolish action, not knowing the state of the residents or if the Queen's death had been revealed, never once having gained an inkling on their regard for the terminated ruler: outside of the encounter with Francis who he had seen multiple times within the court, how he remained alive would forever be a mystery to Alfred, knowing it would do him good to never question why some got out free and others didn't. The other's moral ground and verdicts were more twisted than the citizens, if asked to anyone throughout the land there wasn't any doubt that any would disagree.

      Stepping back out he ventured through, not keeping track of his turns, trying to get out in an efficient time, knowing the plan was for late noon so when night would come they wouldn't be stranded in the dark. After everything he had caused Arthur to suffer through, making him figure their way through the night was the very last thing he wanted, knowing despite being the only one with glasses the other had rather poor night vision. Though to say it would be the worst he had ever done was a drastic understatement, he still had to make up for a lot.

      Jumping as voices arose, falling into a bed of thorns yet refusing to move from his position. Listening in to what they had to say.

      "Did you hear about the Queen?"

      "Ah yes, he died last night was it."

      "Indeed! Things are setting back into motion, the banished Queen will soon return." 

      "Splendid. Been awaiting for this day, what an arrogant brat." 

      The rest of their conversation being drowned out from the furthering distance, letting a cry of pain out, pulling thorns from his body before taking off in a sprint. The news was out but the culprit was yet to be found, if they were still taking their stations to catch the perpetrator then they would have to fight against him, there was an achievement set in placement and the two would work to carve it into stone.

      On his endless adventure of trying to get to the lake there were a great deal of encounters, each taking their own spin on the tale, some not taking any mention of such a banished Queen, some proclaiming them to be a myth, overhearing suspicions about the others missing husband and how he could have been the one who had committed such a thing. The growing suspicions didn't bother him, he had done what he could, escaping would have been impossible, they were doing the only other thing they could figure would work if executed properly, drastic and out of line for the presented title, though still undergoing the performance. 

      Waiting for one of the guards to leave, withholding a sigh of frustration. Cheers being audible from far away, unclear if it was for the death of the Queen or rather the madness of this world, which had become tolerable when blocking out any sense or logic, turning to an empty mind.

      Peering at his reflection he couldn't help but let out an unsteady breath, "Finally made it." Turning to meet the disembodied voice, already knowing who it was, being greeted with a familiar smile. 

      Withdrawing the knife traces of blood still remained, letting it drop onto the grass. "Will it work?" Engulfed in exhaustion, having ate little to nothing the night prior, in addition to being on his feet all day, his adrenaline constantly being spiked. Tricks and any form of jokes, were not appreciated in this moment, although Spades Queen was well known for not being particularly fond of them.

      Taking a position near the golden blonde, letting out a sigh tilting his head. "It better, this is getting ridiculous." 

      Pulling the sweatshirt off, glasses dropping off, exchanging a knowing glance to the other, "Come get me if it doesn't work?" 

      "Always, I would never abandon you my love." Watching the other's desolate expression now changing to a small smile, tears pricking the corner of his eyes before turning. "I'll be waiting." 

      On sync with one another, Alfred dived in to the cool water, inhaling as much air as he could store into his lungs, working at a brisk pace to reach the bottom. Arthur returning to await at the same exact lake that remained within a wooded area of Spades, having taken notice of their locations and similarities, it might have been a stretch but despite all the fights, the King was well liked among the Kingdom's meaning wherever he emerged, there was no doubt that he was safe. Now to just wait, pulling his coat around to block out the freezing temperatures, Yao pacing the halls awaiting for their return. If there was two at all.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12.3K 305 23
"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alfred is King of the Spades. Handling a ki...
78.6K 1.3K 29
Alfred knows that since he was little he was wanted. By England and France. But it comes as a surprise that he is not only wanted, but desired. By t...
161 3 10
It was a grand scheme, the date would be months before the King's coronation, said King would be under the watch of a trusted captain and second in c...
3K 177 6
UsUk-Completed Story Alfred and Arthur go out on a date that they haven't had in a while. Arthur could tell that something was wrong with Alfred and...