Twins?

By babeckham

Alison Hastings is an average 14 year old freshman in high school living the life of a typical fangirl of Nas... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

300 9 3
By babeckham

I awake to the sound of my alarm clock blasting in my ear.  I groan and swing my legs over my bed and look at my whiteboard hanging in my room reading "MEETING HAYES TODAY!!!" and immediately jump out of bed.  Luckily im not going to school today so i can go stand in line for the event, digitour.  I turn on some tunes to get more hyped up for the day and begin my morning routine.  I straighten my wavy medium length brown hair, put on a thin layer of eyeliner and a coat of mascara and head to my closet and put on the outfit my friend Lindsay, who is going to digitour with me, helped me pick out a few weeks ago.  Im wearing white shorts from Tillys along with a cute blue patterned spaghetti strap tank top from American Eagle, and my white vans.  I then put on some diamond studs in my first, second, third and cartilage holes on my ear and grab the poster i made along with a bag with my ticket, phone, and backup charger.  I walk downstairs to grab some breakfast before Lindsay arrives so we can drive to San Francisco for digi.  

I am sitting down at my kitchen counter and then hear somebody open the door; Lindsay.  We have honestly become such good friends that we welcome our selves into each others houses whenever we want.  

"WHASSSUP MY MAIN BITCH" Lindsay yells as she walks into my house wearing the outfit i helped her pick out; flowy floral shorts with a black crop top both from Brandy Melvile, and some white vans. 

"AYYYYEEE LINDSAYY" I say and we run up to each other and start jumping up and down like the idiots we are.  

"IM SO EXCITED FOR TODAY" she squeals.

"OH MY GOD SAME.  Well lets go get my dad so we can leave."  I say and i run into the office in my house and grab my dad and run out of the house.

On the drive to digi, we blast some Jack and Jack, Shawn Mendes, and Sammy and Skate singing along to every word.  After about 45 minuets, we finally arrive at the regency ballroom, where the event is being held, at around 8:30; 7 hours before it starts.  We wanted to get there early so we could try to be the first people in line; which we were.  We learned that after the first meet and greet we went to, The Carter Tour, that you gotta get there early to get good seats. 

* * * 

The wait in line dragged on for hours until about 2 when they finally let us through the doors to start the line inside the building.  While waiting, my dad got us two vanilla bean fraps.  Finally at around 3:30 they let us in the doors to begin the meet and greet.  Lucky for Lindsay and I, we were the first to meet everybody.  My stomach begins to have butterflies as i run up to Hayes and jump into his arms.  

"I love you so much Hayes" i wisper in his ear as im hugging him.

"Aw i love you too," he pauses and gives me a funny look and i exchange one with him. "whats your name?

"Im Ali!" I say with a lot of enthusiasm still a bit confused as to why he gave me a funny look. 

"Its great to meet you Ali! How long did you wait in line to meet me?" he asks.

"Um about 7 hours i think?" I say and his mouth drops.

"I dont think i would wait in line that long unless it was to meet Ariana Grande, dang!" He says and i chuckle. "Well what kind of pose do you want to do for the picture?"

"Any is fine, you choose."

"Ok how about this." He says while putting his arms around me and i do the same.  Lindsay was the one with my phone, taking a video of all of this.  We waited a few seconds for the pose then he hugged me one last time and we said goodbye. "See you in the crowd Ali!"

"Okie! bye Hayessss!"

* Hayes POV *

They just opened the doors to begin the meet and greet for the San Francisco stop of the tour.  The first people i see in line, coming through the doors is a girl who looks about my age, has medium length brown hair, the same color as mine, and bright blue eyes, just like me.  She runs up to me and jumps into my arms.  I can tell she is a really big fan by amount of enthusiasm she has.  

"I love you so much Hayes" i hear her wisper in my ear. 

"Aw i love you too," i say.  Then i remember something.  Is that her? No it couldnt be, but she looks just like me, like the girl version of me.  No there is no way, no way this is her. No possible way.  But what if it is her? Ok Hayes focus, I cant dwell on this thought. I must have given her a funny look because she gave me one back. Ok Hayes enough "whats your name?"

"Im Ali!" she says and i think no, thats not ur name, your name is Hailey, you have been told wrong your whole life. 

"Its great to meet you Ali" its a bit hard to call her Ali, but im still not sure that this is actually my long lost twin. "How long did you wait in line to meet me?" i ask trying to start a conversation with her and get my mind off of everything.

"Um about 7 hours i think?" she says and my mouth drops.  Damn she is dedicated. 

"I dont think i would wait in line that long unless it was to meet Ariana Grande, dang!" I say and she chuckles. "Well what kind of pose do you want to do for the picture?"

"Any is fine, you choose."

"Ok how about this." I say putting my arms around her and she puts hers around mine.  I try to keep it somewhat appropriate, like i dont want to do a stage kiss with her just in case she is my actuall sister.  We pose for the picture for a few seconds then i hug her one last time until she goes to meet the others and say goodbye. "See you in the crowd Ali!"

"Okie! bye Hayessss!" 

I am so confused. What if i just found my twin sister who was kidnapped when we were only 8 months old.  We have been looking for her forever, hoping she would be alive and in good health, and at the least bit safe.  If this is her, im glad that she is fine, considering that she seems like an average 14 year old.  Ok Hayes, focus, you have to get back to the fans, you have alot to get through before the event.  

* Ali's POV * 

Lindsay and I finish the meet and greet and head out to the room where the show is being held to get a spot right in front of the stage.  

"I cant believe we just met some of our favorite people!!!" Lindsay squeals.

"Holy shit, i know right, but something strange happened with Hayes." I say remembering our conversation.

"Huh?" Lindsay asks confused as i would think she would be.  

"I dont know he gave me a strange look like something was wrong."

"I bet he was thinking, 'what a rat standing in front of me, she hella ugly!'"

"LINDSAY!" i say while punching her arm jokingly.

"What just saying!" she says and we both start laughing.

* * * 

After about an hour and half of waiting in the ballroom for everybody else to pile in, the show finally starts.  Hayes comes out onto the stage first and begins whatever he was going to do for the show, I will say he definitely knows how to entertain people.  

* Hayes POV *

After all the meet and greets, i decide to call Nash and ask for his oppinion on everything that is going on.  

"Hey bro whats up!" Nash says.

"Nash i think i found Hailey."

"WHAT." He practically yells into the phone.

"I said i think i found Hailey." 

"I heard what u said u nut, where?"

"In San Francisco.  Nash she loooks almost identical to me.  She is practically the girl version of me. I dont know what to do!"

"Dont tell mom yet, bring her down to LA with you guys tonight and i will meet up with you guys in the morning."

"Ok, thanks Nash." I say and hang up the phone.  I knew it was good to call him, he always knows what to do; well most of the time.  

I walk out on stage to begin the show and as im walking out, i scan the crowd looking for Hailey or Ali.  When i was backstage waiting for the show to begin, i thought of a plan on how to get her out so i can tell her everything.  I decide that once i am done with my preformace, i will go up to the barrier (hopefully she will be at the barrier), i will take her phone and open a note and tell her to meet me in the hallway outside the event room, then tell her. 

I finally spot her front and center of the stage at the barrier.  Perfect, now my plan should work out.  I move along with my preformance and when im done i hop off the stage and go on the other side of the barrier to take pics with a few fans then i go up to Ali, who has her phone in her hand, and take it from her and type a note in her phone and hand it back to her.  She gave me a confused look but i tell her to check her phone and she does.  I then go out to where i told her to meet me in the hallway, now all i gotta do is wait for her. 

* Ali's POV * 

Hayes' preformance is over and he hops off the stage to come onto the other side of the barrier to take a few pictures with the fans.  He walks up to where i am standing and takes my phone from my hand and begins typing something in.  He gives it back to me and mouths to me, "check your phone." and i do as he says.  I see that he opened up a note on my phone saying, 

Meet me outside of the hallway as soon as you read this.  I need to tell you something.

Although confused, i do as he told me and push past the crowd out to the hallway. And see him standing there.  

"Hey Ha–"I begin to say but he cuts me off.

"Sshhh follow me." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me outside to the tour bus.  I follow, but am still extremely confused about everything that is happening. 

"What are we doing Hayes?" I ask.

"Where were you born?" He asks.

"Im not sure, my mom lost all the documentation and photos of me in a fire when i was only 8 months old." i say and he sits down and puts his hands over his face.

"When is your birthday?" he asks next.

"Why what are all these questions about?"

"Just answer them, please."

"ookay, i was born on October 18, 2000, im 14 years old."

"THATS A LIE!" he blurts out makng me jump a bit.

"What?" i ask.  At this point i am so confused, i have no idea what is happening. "Im pretty sure i know when my birthday is and how old i am Hayes.."

"no, you dont. You are not who you think you are.  Your name is not Ali, you were not born on October 18th, 2000, your whole life has been a lie except for the first 8 months."

"Ok Hayes is this some kind of a prank or something, because im not buying it."

"Your name is Hailey, you were born on June 8th, 2000. We are twins Hal." he says and i feel like something just hit me straight accross the face.  I try to let words out of my mouth but i cant. "You were kidnapped when we were 8 months old. We have been looking for you ever since."  Still not able to get any words out he pulls me up from where i was sitting and leads me over to a mirror. "Look at us Hailey, we look exactly alike.  We both have freckles, same color eyes, same color hair, we are twin siblings and i finally found you."

"I have no idea of anything you are saying right now Hayes.  My  name is Alison Hastings not Hailey Grier, i was born on October 18th, 2000, not June 8th 2000..." i begin to say and he cuts me off.  

"NO HAILEY LOOK WE ARE TWINS CANT YOU SEE, YOU WERE KIDNAPPED, YOUR ENTIRE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE!!" he yells at me and he begins to break down into tears.  I turn around and hug him, tight.  Thoughts are racing through my head.  What if he is actually my twin brother and i was actually kidnapped.  He has no way to proove it, we will need blood tests to proove it. 

Hayes then leads me over to one of the bunks and we lay down and he continues to cry, even harder.  I even start to cry a little bit as i remember, he might be right.  It finally hits me at the possibility of him being my twin.  It doesnt quite make sense of how i dont have any pictures, documents, anything from the first 8 months of my life; the time before i was supposively 'kidnapped'.  I then realize that i dont look a thing like either of my parrents or my cousins. 

"Hayes, i think you are right.  I dont look a thing like any of my family, there are no documentations or pictures of me as a newborn baby."  I say inbetween sniffs.  Hayes just pulls me closer without saying anything.  "What are we going to do about this Hayes?"

"First things first we are going to call the cops and get your 'parrents' arrested for kidnapping you." i nod my head and lay my head on his chest.

"Then what?" i ask.

"Then we are going to get you back to your actuall home in North Carolina." 

"Can i at least get some of my stuff?" 

"Obviously, but we gotta go like now before the show ends, what is the fastest way to your house."

I think for a minuet then say, "Bart!" 

"bordelon?"

"no the bart train." i say and grab his hand and jump up and we run off the bus and get a taxi to the closest bart station.  We get on the train and head to the stop that is closest to my house.  After the hour long train ride, we finally arrive at the stop, which we then have a 20 minuet walk to get to my house, except for we dont walk, we run.  

Once we get to my house, we sneak through the back door and up to my room.  I grab a suitcase and begin to pile clothes into my bag.  

"You dont have to bring everything just yet, bring enough for the next month or so that we will be on tour. I havent told mom yet, so once the tour is over, you will come home with me and tell her together. Ok?" I nod my head and begin to shove as much stuff in my bag as i possibly can.  I then get a Jansport backpack so i can put my laptop and chargers and anything else in that i couldnt fit in my suitcase.  Next, i grab a piece of paper and a pen and begin to write a note on it for my 'parents' for them to see when they get home.

Thanks for kidnapping me when i was 8 months old.  I found my twin brother and i am leaving with him, so dont come looking for me at all, there is no point, you are getting arrested anyway.  Have a fun life in prison!! ~ Ur daughrer (NOT)

I then grab my suitcase and backpack and run out the door with Hayes.

"WAIT! i have to do one thing before we leave." i say and run out to my backyard and go to find my dog, Cooper.  I hug my dog ticht and say goodbye and that i will love and miss him alot. Then we leave to catch the bart train back to San Francisco again.  

"Dont worry, when we get back to North Carolina, we will get them arrested and get the rest of your stuff from your old room and possibly your dog okay?" Hayes says in a reasuring way. 

"Really? I could bring my dog to South Carolina?!"

"Of course, if you want." He says and holds me tight.  

* * * 

We get back to the tour bus after having to push through a mob of fans.  It was around 11 PM, and we had a long 6 hour drive ahead of us to our next stop in Los Angeles, so we all went to sleep and the bus left. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
305K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
589K 9.1K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.8M 60.1K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...