The End of Summer

By _Iristpwk

"I'm still living for you, love." 89 unforgettable summer nights 2 years later Different soul same comfort... More

- Note
- One
- Two
- Three
- Four
- Five
- Six
- Seven
- Eight
- Nine
- Ten
- Eleven
- Tweleve
- Thirteen
- Fourteen
- Fifteen
- Sixteen
- Seventeen
- Eighteen
- Nineteen
- Twenty
- Twenty One
- Twenty two
- Twenty Three
- Twenty Four
- Twenty Five
- Twenty Six
- Twenty Eight
- Twenty Nine
- Thirty
- Thirty One
- Thirty Two
- Thirty Three

- Twenty Seven

156 1 6
By _Iristpwk

Adisyn Kay Wise

I look up at the clock — 11:10.

I should probably go to Reed's apartment and see how he's doing or what he's doing?

My phone dings making me look over to it and not much to my surprise it's Reed... I was just thinking about him? What a coincidence.

Reed Asshole

Good morning

I woke up and didn't see a message from you

Shows how much you care😒

I've been busyyyy

Not that you asked but I'm feeling better

I was actually just thinking about you
right now

Of course you were

I'm just that memorizing

Yeah sure maybe if
you say it more it will come true 👍

Still bitchy to me even thought I have
a concussion

Didn't you just say you were better?

Better but I still have a concussion

Are you coming over?

I'll send some paperwork and I'll be
on my way!

Do you want anything?

No I'm good

•••

I ding his doorbell and almost immediately after he opens the door. I smile at him as I walk in "Well don't you look like shit,"

"I had a small headache last night,"

I furrow my brows "Next time call me and I can come over, you still have a concussion and it's not the best to have a small headache."

He rolls his eyes "I'm not a baby, I think I can take care of myself."

I give him the small mhm he gives me and it makes him roll his eyes "How is work going?"

I yawn as I make my way into the kitchen "So far it's going okay," I open the fridge "Have you eaten anything?"

"I'm going to say yes just because I don't trust whatever you're about to give me."

I gasp and then scoff "I will have you know, I brought you some homemade soup that Ezra and I made last night,"

He breathes a laugh "Walker hates my guts how do I know he didn't poison my plate?"

I roll my eyes "Maybe because I served you your plate?"

He takes out the things I have in my bag "Who made the cake?"

"I did!" I say in a very proud tone.

His first reaction is to open it and look at me in an odd expression "Did you do anything to it?" I gasp "I'm kidding!" He grabs a fork and takes a small bite out of it and nods his head taking another bite. "It's okay,"

"I'll take it just cause I know that's the closest I'll get to a compliment from you," We both breathe a laugh as I pour the warm soup. "How has your day been?"

I can tell he rolled his eyes "Ads, I've been here all day long. Absolutely nothing to do."

I look at him and shake my head "There's many things to do!" He gives me that what look "Like reading, you have a piano, you have a tv, and umm... Walks?"

"I can't go outside."

"Well umm work? You said you would do work?"

He shakes his head "It's not the same like being in my office, I really need to get back to work."

I furrow my brows "Take a break? You have the chance to rest so why don't you?"

"I have agencies across the country and I'm the CEO, I can't rest."

I feel a little bad knowing it's true "Well maybe just one day? Take this day to yourself and tomorrow you can start by doing little by little,"

He yawns and shakes his head "I can't do that, Adisyn. I need to be cleared so I can get back to work,"

"And the more you rest the quicker you'll be back in your office,"

I roll my eyes from his ignorance "You're really stupid you know that right?" He rolls his eyes "It's true, you need bed rest, that means no work." I pass him the bowl of soup and he takes a spoonful of soup.

"But I don't need to rest at all, I'm perfectly fine. I just have a minor concussion jeez." He grabs the bowl and walks away? What the fuck.

I swear this man has more mood swings than me.

Would it kill him to control his mood once in a while? God someone needs to help him, he needs more help than me.

See, I'm improving.

I'm realizing I need help step by step even though I'm bashing someone else I'm doing progress! Ha beat that Reed Auclair. I'm multitasking.

I smile at how proud I am and put away the things before walking over to his living room looking for him. He's no where here?

I go up the stairs and start looking for him and I find him in what seems to be his office. He's overlooking some paperwork and switching his eyes from the papers to the computer sitting in front of him. The bowl is besides him and he's taking spoonfuls of it.

"Are you gonna stand there and look at me?"

I scoff "You have a lot of mood swings," He gives me that little mhm again "I have plans tonight so I can't come over," That's when he finally pays attention to me and looks right up at me.

He looks very confused, so much more confused than I did when Tate called me. "You have plans?" I nod and hum in response "Those plans being?"

"Non of your business," I answer him in an annoyed tone. That laugh is trying so hard to escape!

"I'm serious, what plans do you have?" He takes a bite out of the bread and looks back down at his documents and then back up at me when he realizes I haven't answered.

I lean on the door frame "It's a party,"

His brows furrow "A party?" I hum "Didn't know you went to parties a lot," That's when he starts avoiding eye contact with me.

"It's just a small party for a coworker..."

"Who?"

"You should know when your employees have parties,"

"Well my only business with them is making sure they do their work," He clarifies still looking at his computer.

"It's for Louis,"

"Louis?" His tone is a bit confused and dramatic if I were to be honest. It's a very confusing tone but I know he's being serious so I hum in response. "Louis who?"

"Louis Montgomery, from the finance department?"

He struggles to remember "Oh yeah, Louis." Is all he says so I walk closer to him and sit down in the chair in front of him. "So it's his birthday or something?"

"Yeah, 24th birthday,"

"How old are you?"

The question throws me off guard "22?"

He nods slowly "Nice, hope you have fun."

"I'm sure he would've invited you if you—"

"And I wouldn't have went. I don't feel like going,"  He interrupts me and he seems... Annoyed? Maybe even offended or something?

I furrow my brows and cross my legs "Are you alright?"

"I'm great what about you?"

What the fuck "I'm good," He nods and we stay silent for a bit "I would've liked for you to come with me but your on bed rest," He nods "If I had invited you would you have came?"

He doesn't answer for a bit and finally looks at me and sighs "If you would've asked me to go maybe I'm not sure," Why does it make it any different if Louis invites you or me? "You're my friend so I would've gone with you but Louis is a coworker who I rarely ever talk to." Makes a little more sense?

"So friend, with all due respect I now have to leave and get back to work." I was actually planning on staying here maybe an hour but with his attitude I don't want to be here.

"Why so early?"

"I have things to do,"

"Okay, have fun." Is all he says not even a proper goodbye?

•••

Adisyn Kay Wise
1 year ago

I hear a small knock on the door "It's Ana, can I come in?"

"Yeah," She opens the door and comes in besides another lady. She's tall, she has a somewhat olive complexion and long curly hair. She has bangs and her makeup is very natural, her lipstick is a dark mauve color.

I look back and forth and notice how the lady has an iPad and a clipboard. She's wearing a white lace shirt combined with a burgundy suit.

Ana sighs "Meet Dr. Sofia Hernandez,"

I get up from my chair and make my way up to them "Adisyn Kay," I greet her hand having no clue of what's going on?

I look back at Ana who looks a little scared to speak? "Dr. Hernandez is a therapist."

Ana gulps and my brows furrow "Oh? Okay..?"

"Sofia can you wait for us outside?" She nods and Anastasia walks closer to me and holds my hand.

My brows furrow as I hold hers back "What's wrong?"

She gulps and looks at me with an expression I can't pinpoint to but it's not a happy expression "When I first met you, you were terrified to talk to your supervisors but you weren't scared of me which I still find ironic. But there was something about you that I still can't name it but it felt like you were my little sister and... Promise me you won't hate me."

"Why?"

"Because I know after what I will say you're gonna hate me a lot so I need you to promise me you won't get super mad at me,"

"Okay... I promise?"

"I hired Sofia as your therapist."

My jaw drops and I instantly feel my face become pale.

•••

The clock is ticking as I'm sitting down picking my nails. "How's work?"

"Busy," I give Sofia the most basic and plainest replies. I cut all my answers short.

"Did you eat this morning?"

I look up at her "Half a bagel." She looks at me very confused and very worried but before she can say a thing I interrupt. "I'm not sick I'm okay I just don't get hungry in the mornings."

She looks far from pleased with my response. I sigh "I'm not sick anymore, I'm a healthy human being. I just— I just need time after what—" I realize what I'm about to say and I shut myself silent.

"After what?"

I sigh "Seattle."

"What happened in Seattle?"

I look at her "Nothing that Ana isn't aware about," Ana knows what happened in Seattle, not the full story from how I was about to overdose and I was drinking while on meds but she knows about Reece.

"Why don't you take something from the table?"

I look down at the wooden table and grab the rubix cube. I see as Sofia writes down what I took on her clipboard?

"I've been here for 1 month and that's the first thing you have taken,"

"Not much of a person to use these to distract me,"

"Why don't you tell me about your days?"

I look at her "Jade met this guy and Ezra is visiting his brothers and Ivory has been baking as a way to cope," She writes that down "I'm at work and stuff like that,"

She nods "How is your communication with your parents?"

"Alright," That's far from the truth. I haven't texted neither of them nor do I plan on doing so. They don't deserve me talking to them nor a little bit.

"Why don't you tell me about how you're feeling?"

Oh god.

I'm okay.

I'm fine and even if I weren't I would somehow find a way to be alright?

•••
Reed Auclair
Presence

The loud obnoxious knocks on the door lets me know exactly who it is. "Ay how are you feeling?" Jason says walking in alongside Tate and Theo.

I close the door "We brought wine and whiskey,"

God they're idiots aren't they "I'm taking antibiotics, I can't drink,"

"We aren't?" Theo says grabbing some glasses from the cabinets "We brought you apple cider and sparkling so you don't feel left out," I roll my eyes and walk back to the couch picking up the books.

Adisyn left me in such a bad mood.

She always has to ruin things doesn't she? She always has to get in between things and make them worse than before. She always has to get in between my things!

Sometimes I seriously cannot stand her.

"Why are you in such a bad mood?" Tate asks passing me a glass of sparkling water.

"When isn't he?"

I look at Jason and he smiles "Shut up would you." He rolls his eyes and comes to sit down.

"Tate's got a point though? You look to be in such a bad mood?"

It's all Adisyn's fault.

It's always her fault. I was having such a nice day so far and she just had to ruin it like always didn't she? She just had to come in between again.

God sometimes I really cannot even stand looking at her. She annoys me so much. I fucking hate her! I hate her so much. She's such a fucking brat and selfish bitch! I hate that I'm trying to protect her and I've done all these things yet she's still such a fucking bitch.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my valuable time on someone like her? I could be doing so many other things rather I'm stressing out over somebody like her. She pisses me off!

Fucking bitch!

I look at them and then turn to Tate "Can you do me a favor?" I ask him and he slowly nods looking terrified for what I'm about to ask him.

"Look at everything about Louis Montgomery, give me all the information you have."

They all look at each other "What did he do?" They all say at the exact time.

"He's in the finance department and I just need to know everything about him and his relationship with Adisyn,"

They all look at each other and begin nodding. Theo sighed looking like he understood all of this but he doesn't say anything "Are you ever gonna tell her about Reece?" Jason asks.

I ask myself that question every time I worry about Adisyn and every time I see Adisyn. I never stop asking myself that question and I can't seem to answer it. I haven't been able to say yes or no to myself and I don't want to make a decision. I know the moment I tell her, her hearts gonna shatter in pieces. She won't be able to take the damage.

I don't want to take the risk but I know one day I'm going to have to tell her the truth. I don't want to tell her the truth and it feels like day but day I get closer and closer to telling her everything?

It would be so much better to just tell her now so she understands everything but I can't do that when I haven't gotten her the help she needs. I wish this process could go by quicker.

"No," I answer "Well I don't know. That's not something apart of my plans right now."

"Are they ever going to be in your plans, though?"

"I don't know." I answer.

They all look worried. Every single one of them looks worried "Eventually it's going to get to a point I'm going to need to tell her but for right now I don't want to risk it."

"What do you think Reece would want you to do?"

Reece would want me to do a lot of things but I don't know if I should listen to Reece or myself. If I can't listen to myself how am I supposed to listen to Reece?

I should've never put my word on this.

"I don't know..." That seems to be my only answer.

I'm scared and nervous god I'm so scared that soon I will fall in love with her. I can't fall for her but it's so scary knowing there's a 50 50 chance she will make me fall for her.

It's impossible to not fall in love with someone so beautiful and charming just like Adisyn. Every single aspect of her makes her perfect? She's flawed of course but all of her flaws make her Adisyn? It's almost as if she's perfect which I know she is not but there are times I look at her and I just know she's perfect? But she's flawed.

She's perfectly flawed.

I hate that I know if I ever fall for her I'm going to obviously kiss her and I don't know if I would be able to stop. I don't know if I would be able to stop loving her?

"If I fall in love with her I'm going to tell her or if she falls for me I'm going to tell her... If she doesn't I'm just going to ghost her and not tell her."

In other words, whatever happens I won't allow myself to get near Adisyn, at least not as near as Reece got with her.

I'm keeping my distance.

"So either way you guys don't have a chance,"

"We would never have a chance, with or without Reece there would never be an Adisyn and me." It's not possible.

Tate and Theo look around on their computers while Jason is behind them pointing to things.

My heart is racing as they slowly gasp looking at certain images. I should be concentrating on certain things but I can't get my mind to focus? All I can think of is that Adisyn is currently with Louis and a bunch of people partying.

Why does it make me so angry?

"Oh shit..." Tate murmured a little too loud which I can tell was by accident.

"What?"

Theo looks at Tate "Nothing,"

"No what happened?" They shake their heads and I get up and grab their computers.

Adisyn is wearing a very short — god it's barely even covering her?

It's a silk material, all black and there's even a small slit. The back is almost wide opened and she has a drink in her hand while hugging Louis singing happy birthday.

Everyone is singing around them as if Adisyn and Louis are this happy couple that everyone looks up to?

His hands is slipped around her waist which as shown in the video, he's pulling her closer to himself as Adisyn has her arm wrapped around him. They smile and look at each other as she sings happy birthday to him and swings her head back and forth.

She gives him a sip of her drink and puts it down before grabbing the knife to hand it to him. He very carefully cuts through the cake— wtf.

His hand is on top of Adisyn's hand as Adisyn cuts the cake? They're not getting married what the fuck.

My brows furrow as I continue to look through the videos.

There's another video not on Louis's Instagram but on Evans Instagram of Adisyn and Ezra hugging tightly. Ezra hugs her as Adisyn walks up to him, there's another video of Ezra helping Adisyn tie her heel as Adisyn rests her heel on Ezra's lap?

Ivory titled it Get yourself a friend who gets men on their knees

I swipe through Adisyn's page and click on her story, there's a video of a guy chugging a bottle of whiskey and everyone is around him laughing. There's another video of her and — Jade? They're singing and dancing.

"On the good side, she's having fun?" Jason slowly says and Theo looks at him and shakes his head.

"Look what Louis put,"

I look at Theo's phone. There's a video of Louis, Angel, Adisyn, and Ivory dancing with Louis taking turns.

She's smiling looking so happy? Why does she look so happy? She looks happier than she looked at the club.

"Happy birthday, Lou!" Adisyn says while they slow dance and the video quickly shifts to Louis and Jade dancing and another girl and another girl and than there's a bunch of guys all around drinking alcohol.

And my eye caught one thing I wish I didn't.

God I had never regretted anything else in my life.

There's a video of Ezra and two guys alongside Louis drinking shots of whiskey and there's a very fade imagine in the background of Adisyn talking to a guy all smiley?

The guys hugs Adisyn as they continue to talk. Why does she look so happy? Why does he look so happy? Why is he flirting and why is she smiling at a snot like him.

"Why is she with that guy?"

Tate looks at me "What do you mean?"

"He looks like a cheater and a player, why is she with that guy?"

"Well you're "that guy"" Theo says and smiles "It's true? You're literally that guy too?"

"But I'm not all over Adisyn."

"Find out who he is," Jason says.

They take about 5 minutes to look around "Oh here! Aaron Montgomery." Tate finally says making me look over at his phone "He's 25, a photographer, oldest brother of Louis — Are you jealous?" He randomly asks me.

No I'm not jealous! Why the hell would I be jealous of an asshole like him?

I'm worried for Adisyn.

She should be taking care of herself and looking after herself. She needs to concentrate on herself and not a relationship, she knows that! She exactly knows she shouldn't be looking for a relationship until she's okay!

I'm just worried that Adisyn is going to get with him while all this is happening.

"Of course not, idiot! Why?"

He shows me a picture of him and a guy kissing titled Happy 1 Year anniversary to the guy who changed my life.

Oh.

Yeah...

"So I repeat, are you jealous?" He repeats once again.

Theo chuckles dryly "You like her, don't you? Of course you do—"

"Fuck sakes no I don't! If I have to repeat myself I will, she was Reece's last wish before he killed himself and all I'm trying to do is help her and the moment I like her I'm going to tell her!"

Fuck why do I feel like this.

Why the fuck doesn't she get out of my mind?

•••
Adisyn Kay Wise

Ugh my head hurts.

I roll out of bed and almost trip on my heels which are on the floor, I turn on the bathroom light and shit I look like shit.

My hair is messy and oh crap I slept with my makeup on again!

There's a light knock on the door "Ez?" I hear the door open. "Ez, don't be an ass! I'm changing I'll be there in a bit!"

I finish changing into some sweats and a random tee I found which I believe it's Jade's? But oh well.

I walk out "Good morning, Adisyn. How was the party?" Reed is making my bed smiling at me. "I made you coffee and got you some medicine and a warm tea,"

I don't say anything "I'm going to pretend I'm dreaming and you didn't just break into my house,"

He chuckles dryly "You're not dreaming and I didn't break in, drunk Angel is a dumbass just letting you know." Oh Angel! She was probably so drunk Reed somehow convinced her to give him my key "But don't worry I'm only here for a couple of minutes, I'm heading to a doctors appointment to hopefully be cleared."

"And now— never mind." My head is bursting its like pounding? Like there's a very loud and heavy pound inside my head. And my whole body feels sore.

"How was the party?"

I sigh and take the coffee from him "It was fun, now I'm just... hungover which isn't fun."

"Did you drink a lot?"

I shrug "I actually was probably the person who drank the least,"

"You didn't drive right?"

I shake my head "Oh no Aaron drove us here, he didn't drink."

I can tell his brows furrowed as he sat down beside me "Aaron?"

I swallow the pills and nod "Yeah he's Louis's brother, he's a good guy. We talked mostly all night so for the rest of the night I didn't drink."

"Did you have fun?"

I nod "Yeah it was nice, it was just us and it was pretty fun."

He looks at his watch "I should get going, breakfast is downstairs I made plenty if you want to invite your friends." I smile at him "And your keys," He drops them on my nightstand.

"Thank you, Reed. I appreciate it," He just nods and before he can walk out I follow him quickly to the front door "Reed!" I shout out and he stops and looks behind me.

"Call me when you finish and let me know what your doctor said,"

He nods "Yeah sure,"

Why is he acting so cold with me?

•••

I look at the clock 3:45.

It's been hours since he went to the appointment and I haven't had a single update? I haven't gotten a message nor a call from him? He told me he would update me and he hasn't at all?

He's just so — ugh!

I don't even have a word for it! He just makes me so mad! He just frustrates me so much?

Ro

Hey are you free right now?

Yeah what's up?

Can you check up on the dumdum

He seriously hasn't texted me at all and I can't
tell if he's mad at me or not

Who's dumdum?

Reed

So can you check up on him?

Yeah of course do you want me to go to
his house or just call?

If you could go to his place it would be
amazing!

•••

I yawn as I get into the elevator with my feet almost dragging behind me.

You would expect that on my days off from work I would take advantage of that time and rest but I don't. And I'm not just talking about me on my way to check up on Reed to make sure he's alright but I'm also talking about how I've been in my office almost since I woke up.

I probably shouldn't even be driving here just to see Reed.

I ding his doorbell about twice before he opens up. He looks shocked to see me here? He knows he didn't tell me and I think he expects me to now be yelling at him complaining over the fact he didn't text me nor call me and I could be doing that and I do want to but I'm not that rude... at least right now?

I smile at him and wave but he just looks up and down and I do the same. He's dressed — formal?

My brows furrow as I continue to look at him, he's in his suit again and no longer in his tee and sweats?

"Good afternoon to you too," I say sarcastically and walk inside, he closes the door behind him and walks up to me as he's fixing his tie. "I at least expected a text message earlier today,"

"I forgot,"

"Yeah and I forgot to tell you, I'm moving to Seattle." I say very sarcastically which I think he took a little too serious?

"What?" His tone is rushed "You're moving— you can't? You're half way through the program you can't just quit like that! You even have a contract with—"

"I'm joking!" I laugh sarcastically and drop my bag on his couch "Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I?"

I roll my eyes "First of all, you made a knot in your tie and second of all, you haven't texted nor called me all day?" He looks down at the knot he has made on his tie. He grunts and starts untying it.

I sigh and roll my eyes and I walk up to him when I notice he's struggling. "Let me help," I say before I start to slowly untie the knot he made.

He looks down at me as I slowly untie the knot he has made. I smile at him and then start to tie it correctly adjusting it to how I feel he would like it.

I can still feel his gaze strong in me not moving his eyes from me. He just stares at me almost digging holes into my head.

Why did I get all warm inside. All these butterflies swooped me off my feet. I look back up at Reed and I think I just really hoped in the inside that he felt what I felt. That he feels those weird butterflies whenever he's around me. I hope he feels the same.

I finish tying the tie and look up at him. His eyes go darker, that shade of light green turns darker as he continues to look at me... I keep getting those weird butterflies again?

I give him a smudged smile hoping the butterflies and tension will go away "What's wrong?" I say and he shakes his head slowly before clearing his throat "May I at least know where you're going?"

"Why are you here?" His whisper is loud enough for me to hear as he's 'fixing' the tie.

I roll my eyes "Well after realizing you weren't going to call me I made my way over here to check up on you and I'm glad I did because it turns out you're going somewhere." I clarify and lean on the bar. "Why is there new bottles of whiskey?"

I grab them and look at them "They're empty too... You're on antibiotics! What the hell—"

"I didn't drink, Adisyn." He keeps using my name not the nickname which I admit sounds annoying but I rather him calling me Adds and Addi rather than calling me Adisyn... He sounds mad when he calls me that.

"My friends cane over, I drank apple cider."

"Oh..." Makes sense, he's not like that. "And Ro told me I should check up on dumdum," I smile at him as he looks confused "So what's going on, dumdum?"

"Nothing,"

"Where are you going?"

"To my office,"

My brows furrow "I hope that means you're cleared,"

"Yes I am."

I start to walk up to him "In New York right?" He looks over at me "Your office in New York right? Not in Seattle or Boston or Italy... In New York."

"Yes, I don't plan going out of town this month."

"So next month?"

He shakes his head "I don't owe you an explanation, mind your own business."

"I want to go to Boston." I was going to tell him later on, I didn't even expect myself to say that but I just had to say it.

He looks at me confused and before he can say anything else I confuse "My dad is getting a divorce and I would like to go see Amelia and my mom... she got remarried as you know and she texted me,"

"What did she say?" He grabs his phone and slowly walks up to me.

"She said sorry for not inviting me and..."

"And now you feel obligated to go see her?" I don't want to say yes because that means he's correct but he is so correct...

"Well you're not going."

My brows furrow "Why not?"

"Because you aren't obligated to go and they're only going to manipulate you! And didn't you say Liam was coming over?"

I nod "He is but just him,"

"Can't Amelia come too?"

"Liam doesn't have a job, I booked a flight for just Liam not Amelia and it's too late—"

He sighs "Book the flight, I will pay it but you're not going."

"No you don't understand—"

"Adisyn I'm telling you to just book the flight, make sure they're together."

I don't feel correct taking his money like that "No it's fine I'm just going to—"

"When?"

I shrug "Maybe next week? Anytime before the show starts,"

"Okay good, I'm booking us a flight. Do you prefer mornings or nights?"

"You don't have to— Wait. Us?"

He rolls his eyes "No shit." I look at him in a confused expression which makes him sigh as he puts in his coat "Yes, we're going together then."

Oh no.

He notices the look on my face and rolls his eyes "Just decide, I pay for the flights or we go together."

My brows furrow "I will tell you when they can come,"

He nods "Just let me know and I will get them a flight," I nod "Do you want to come with me?" He sighs afterwards.

"Where to?"

He shakes his head "Never mind, I have to go thanks for checking in but you can leave I'm fine."

"Are you heading to your agency?"

He nods "Yes I have to fix some things but I'll see you soon."

I smile and nod "See you soon," I grab my bag and the moment I exit the building I call Ro.

"Hey, sweetheart!"

"Hey Ro," We both say in a sarcastic flirty tone. "So apparently he's not mad, he really didn't want to talk about it but he got cleared and he's heading to his office right now."

"I knew I could count on you! Thank you!"

"No problem,"

She stays silent but before I could say something she says "Are you free Thursday night?"

"Yes I think so, why?"

"How would you like attending a nice dinner with me?"

"Is it profitable for my future?"

She chuckles "Good catch there, and yes it is. It's something a bit more private but it's pretty profitable." Why didn't Reed tell me about this.

"Yes I would love to go,"

"Great!" I can tell she's smiling through the phone from her tone "Just there's one little catch," Oh no "You can't tell Reed,"

"Why not?"

"Because as I said so, it's something a lot more private so he isn't the type to invite you but I need a partner and someone to represent so... it would be lovely if you joined me."

"I would love to go,"

"Okay, I'll send you more details but I have to go im entering a meeting."

•••

"So she just invited you like that?" Jade's look on her face is so confusing to describe. "Why didn't Reed invite you?"

"It's something private, I guess he doesn't want me to be in those things?"

She still looks confused and I may not look confused at all but I'm so confused "Doesn't make sense... Oh shit." She suddenly says and brings down the fork that was filled with pasta. "The report is due in three days... You're supposed to turn in the assignment in three fucking days! ADISYN!"

Shit.

Holy fuck!

I am!

I completely forgot about the assignment! I completely forgot I have three days to get the fucking signature and six fucking days to revive if I am qualified or not.

My heart is jumping up and down from my chest. My chest is rising and my breath hurts? She gives me her water which I drink from "He hasn't given you the signature has he?" Jade's voice lowers when she realizes why I'm not excited.

I shake my head "I haven't received anything."

Her jaw clenches "I'm going to fucking kill him." Ezra and Jade say at the same exact time and we look at the kitchen to see Ezra who was about to serve himself pasta.

"Why the hell hasn't he already done it? You're more than qualified! God you're fucking amazing!" Jades voice sounds so annoyed.

"Asshole! If he dares to say anything to you, you better let me know and ima fucking kill that bitch." Ezra's voice is getting louder.

Fuck what have I done.

•••
Reed Liam Auclair

"Mr. Auclair," Margot peaks in after knocking "Miss Lane wants to see you, we told her she needs an appointment but she insists to see you."

My phone dings and all I see is that it's Adisyn. Ugh. I don't feel like talking to her right now.

Miss Lane...?

Who the fuck is that? I don't know anyone who's last name is Lane. At least not anyone important.

My brows furrow as I try to remember the name— Oh. Ivory. Ivory Lane. Adisyn's best friend! But why would she want to talk to me? She's not my worker. I have nothing to discuss with her?

Why would she want to talk to me?

What if something happened—?

"Let her come in." My heart beats out of my chest as a billion thoughts process through my mind. Every single thought is nothing good it's just bad and bad and for those 10 to 15 seconds that I waited for her to come in my heart raced out of my chest.

I gulp as I expect to see her walk in with tears in her eyes. "Why the fuck haven't you given her the final signature?" My eyes shoot up to whatever her name is.

"I beg your pardon."

"You know what she's talking about!" Oh. It's him. It's Ezra - Adisyn's best fucking friend who probably daydreams about her. Pathetic bitch.

Why is he even here?

"Now I better get a damn straight explanation on why Adisyn hasn't gotten her signature!"

"First of all, lower your voice there's people who actually have work to do." I clarify and stand up "Second of all, what signature?"

Whatever her name is rolls her eyes "YOU KNOW DAMN STRIAGHT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

"Lane, lower your voice!"

"The signature to proceed in the program. It's due tomorrow, how come she hasn't gotten it?"

Oh that signature. "First of all Jane— or Kade it's a—"

"It's Jade."

Oh Jade... Yeah "Jade, I don't owe either of you an explanation. It's Wise's business and I's. What she does is non of your business nor should you come in here and demand an explanation."

"Well with all due respect Auclair, both you and I are aware of all the problems Adisyn has put through to revive that signature. She deserves to continue in the program, she has done everything correctly from the start and we know how much she deserves it." Ezra is a lot more polite and honest.

"Thank you, Walker." I say and put away my pen "Take a seat,"

Jade looks hesitant but Ezra bumps her elbow and they walk up to sit down "And you are very correct, Adisyn is more than qualified and she has proven to me how much she loves her job which may I admit it's slightly creepy knowing she loves this job a lot. I know she's smart and respectful and I cannot wait to see her grow into the designer she deserves to be." I start to slowly make my points.

"And that adds up to my question, why hasn't she received the signature?"

I sigh "She has earned everything," I slowly tell him, "Tomorrow morning, I will be giving the news to Adisyn. I know this is big to her and I wanted to do something nice." I can tell they look happy "But don't tell her anything about this talk."

Ezra nods "Don't worry Auclair. And I hope you don't tell her we were here."

I smile "Don't worry. I didn't plan to."

Authors Note -

Good news; Sincerely Reece is the name of Reece's book and it's like one step away from being published!! I'm so excited to be able to write about Reece and Adisyn!!

Bad news; I'm kinda in a writers block with this book rn so everything is all over and I apologize for that it'll get better I promise

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 298 30
this is my first story so don't make fun of me 🤗
1.2K 109 19
When Summer makes a bet with his best friend to remain romance free for the summer it seems easy to him. He has rarely dated or had much interest in...
1.3K 103 165
I make my own poems for fun
15.4K 490 30
i never thought of telling people my secret, but somehow i did and it wasn't the end of the world because he told me it was okay. he was my first.