Highschool Sweethearts (Boyxb...

By Apahlen

14 year old Christopher Carrera moved to a new town with his family to live with his grandfather after the de... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Bonus Chapter: Valentine's Day
Sequel

Chapter 57

802 27 2
By Apahlen

Chris's POV

"So are we eating in the cafeteria?" I asked when Brian told me we'll be eating first.

"No, we're having it in the little gym," he said.

"We are?"

"Yeah. Here, come with me."

I followed him to the other gym, where I was in awe when we walked in there. The tables are covered with purple tablecloths and there's candles on each table. The walls are covered with purple paper and there are lights hanging from the ceiling.

"Wow," was all I said.

"Impressed?" he asked.

"Very. You guys did a nice job."

"Thanks."

We sat down at a table with Brian's friends and their dates.

"I still can't believe you got the barbeque ribs, Spencer," Michelle said.

"I like ribs," Spencer said.

"Yeah, but you're going to get some on your clothes," Kalani said.

"I'm going to change out of them later anyway."

"What'd you get, Chris?" Brian asked me.

"The chicken."

"Good choice."

We got served our chicken and ribs and we all dug in.

"Mmm, the chicken's good," Sophia said.

"Yeah," Kalani said.

"Ribs are better," Tristan said.

"But they're messy," Michelle said.

"Who cares?" Tristan said.

"You should if you're going to get barbecue sauce on your clothes," Kalani told him.

"Just like his hands," Brian said, looking at Tristan's hands that had barbecue sauce on it.

"Oh, Tristan," Kalani said.

"Be happy it's not on my suit," he said.

"Do we have desserts?" I asked Brian.

"Yeah, they're over at the table." He pointed to a table where the desserts are. "You have to get your own when you're done."

"Okay."

After everybody got done eating, we all headed to the gym. Everybody gathered around while we waited for the DJ to start the music.

"Ready for this, Chris?" Brian asked me.

I grinned. "You bet."

"Hey, everybody."

We all turned to see the DJ on the stage.

"Are you all ready for tonight?" He called out.

"Yeah," a few people said.

"I can't hear you!"

"Yeeeeeeeees!" Everybody yelled out.

"Okay, then let's get started!" He started to play "Uptown Funk".

"Oh, yeah. This is my song!" Spencer said. He went to the middle of the gym and started to dance horribly.

"Oh my God," I said.

"This is how the night is going to go," Brian said. "Do you wanna dance now or you wanna sit down?"

"Uh, sit. Maybe I'll dance when something good for me comes up."

"Okay then, babe. I'll dance if you don't mind."

"Of course not."

"Okay then. I'll see you later." He kissed me on the cheek and went out on the floor.

I went over to the stands and sat down. I watched Brian and everybody else forming a circle around Brent, who's doing the worm.

"Go, Brent! Go, Brent!" They all chanted.

I shook my head and leaned back on the stand. The night so far has been good; seeing Brian connect with the Gordon's has been a huge step for him. I'm glad they worked things out. I hope the night continues like this. I wish this night would go on forever.

"Hey, Christopher."

I looked to see Mr. Seong sitting down next to me.

"Hey, Mr. Seong."

"How come you're not out there on the floor dancing?" he asked.

"Not a huge fan of dancing."

"Come on, Chris, that's the whole point of prom is to dance and have fun."

"I don't think that's the point," I told him.

"Then what's the point?"

"To hangout with someone you really care about," I said, looking at Brian who's playfully spinning Sophia around.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Then why aren't you with Brian right now?"

"I'm taking a break. Plus, I'm not very fond of dancing."

"Neither am I, but I like to dance for fun."

"Why aren't you dancing then?"

"Need a break, too."

I nodded my head and looked to see everyone was now dancing to the Cha Cha Slide. I never liked that dance or that song-it's ridiculous.

"So how are things between you and Brian?" he asked.

"Pretty good, actually," I said, smiling.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"How's therapy going for him?"

"He said it was going well."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. He said that his therapist is the best he ever had-even though she's the only one he ever had."

"Well, I'm glad he's seeing one. It's nice to see he's trying to get over what happened. It's hard to do that, and seeing a therapist is a huge step for him. It proves that he wants to move on so that he could be happy."

I nodded my head and looked back out on the floor to see Brian laughing and jokingly playing around with his friends.

I smiled again. "I'm glad he's seeing one too."

Brian went over to the DJ where he appears to be talking to him. I see him pull some money out and give it to him. What the hell is he doing?

"What is he doing?" Mr. Seong asked.

The next song started to play. My head shot up quickly when I realized it's Nsync. Oh, Brian.

He walked to me and stood in front of me. "Chris, may I have this dance?" he asked.

"Yes, you may." I take his hand then we both go out on the floor. He put his arms around me as I put mine around his neck.

"You picked this song?" I asked him.

"Yeah. For you." He kissed me on the cheek.

"You're the sweetest," I told him.

"Thank you."

I leaned my head on his shoulder as the chorus began.

And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Til the day my life is through

This I promise you

This I promise you

Brian kissed me on the top of my head. "I love you, Chris," he said.

I nuzzled my head on his shoulder. "I love you, Brian."

For the next few hours, I only danced two more times with Brian to "Thinking Out Loud" and "I Swear". I sat down for the other songs but it was nice to see everybody else dancing. I laughed when Jack twerked to "Baby Got Back", and he got scolded by a teacher for doing it, then the DJ for playing that song. I can't blame her-the song is inappropriate.

Midnight, prom ended and we had to change into casual clothes and go over to the hall for post prom where we're going to have a magician and play games.

I changed into shorts and a shirt in the bathroom, then put my suit in Brian's pickup. He locked it, then took my hand and we both walked to the hall.

"What kind of games are there?" I asked him.

"I think bean bag toss, some card games...Can't remember what else Sophia said."

"I just hope the magic show will be good."

"Me too."

For the next few hours, I had fun. The magician was not as bad as I thought it would be. He really surprised Tristan with a card trick, and he made Michelle disappear and made her reappear again.

The games were okay. They weren't as fun as I expected them to be, but I got some prizes.

When post prom got done, we all said our goodbyes, then left. On the entire ride home, Brian held my hand. My heart pounded the whole time, hoping he never let go.

We stopped at my house and he parked his pickup. I grabbed everything I had. Just as I put my hand on the handle, Brian grabbed my arm. "I had fun tonight," he said.

"Me too. Best prom I've ever been to."

"Chris, that's the only prom you're ever been to."

"I know." I cupped his face with my hand. "Shocked to see Elliott's family there, huh?"

"Yeah." He looked ahead.

"Are you okay now that you talk to them?" I asked.

"Um, a little."

"Are you going to see them again?"

"You know, I think I will." He smiled at me. "And I wanna thank you."

"For what?"

"For being the best boyfriend ever." He leaned over and kissed me. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah." I opened the door and got out. "Bye, Brian."

"Bye, Chris."

I closed the door and watched him drive away. I'm glad that he talked to the Gordon's. This is actually one of the things that needed to happen. If he had talked to them, he'd have getting closer to get over Elliott's death.

I sighed and went inside to go to bed. I really needed to go to sleep.

♥️♥️♥️

One more chapter to go! What was your favorite part in the story? Feel free to comment if you like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 18.4K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
1.1M 49.8K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
220K 8.6K 21
[COMPLETED] Everyone wants what Pembroke has, good looks, fortune, and fame. But Pembroke feels like he's missing out on something; he has a hard tim...
6.5M 305K 47
❝can you stop blasting chase atlantic so damn loudly at 3am?❞ ❝depends, can you stop crying so damn loudly at 3am?❞ 〤 caleb just made the decision to...