Tense

By howtosellmysoul

"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. B... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Character Portraits
Bonus Chapter #1 : Part A
Bonus Chapter #1 : Part B
Bonus Chapter #2
Spin Off
Spin Off - Kingsley
Q & A
Spin The Bottle [Kai's POV]
The Wedding
Kai Meets Jake [Kai's POV]
Regret [Kai's POV]
The Glasses Stay On [NSFW]
Leo's Birthday
First Boyfriend
Kingsley × Tucker

Chapter Eight

116K 5K 5.7K
By howtosellmysoul

"Ro.. Roan.."

Roan was awakened when he heard soft groans from beside him. Not only that, there was something.. pressing against his thigh. Roan opened a single eye to glance at his side. Kai had wrapped an arm around Roan's waist, propped up a leg onto his, and very gently moving his hips. More specifically, humping his dick against Roan's thigh.

Roan licked his lower lip as he felt Kai's erection. Straight my ass, Roan thought to himself. It was amusing how Kai kept claiming that he didn't want Roan, but was moaning the blonde's name in his sleep while rubbing himself on him.

"Kai, wake up," Roan repeated himself louder again, "Kai!"

"Huh? Huh, what?" Kai asked half sleepily.

"This is a very controversial position." Roan hummed.

"What? Wha—" Kai paused as he noticed how he was pressed up against Roan, "Shit."

Kai immediately slid back, and pulled up the blanket to hide his hard on. He was flushed, bright red with his eyes wide open. Roan let out a chuckle as he turned to his side to face his flustered best friend.

"I could help you with that." Roan glanced his eyes down for a single second to let Kai know what exactly he meant.

"I don't need your help." Kai said with a slight pout.

"Didn't seem that way a minute ago." Roan replied.

"I was having a dream about Zendaya." Kai said.

"Really? Why were you moaning my name, then?" Roan smirked.

"I wasn't!" Kai yelped, Roan didn't think it was possible for Kai to get any redder.

"Hm," Roan hummed, "My offer still stands."

"Oh, fuck off." Kai grumbled as he stood up and got out of the bed, holding the blanket in front of him to hide his erection. He gave Roan one last glare before rushing to the bathroom, almost tripping on the blanket, making Roan laugh at his clumsy yet adorable best friend.

~~~

"—And don't forget to get the permission slips signed from your parents. I want them on my desk by tomorrow." Coach Ziegler finished before walking out of the locker room.

Everyone was excited about their first away game. Especially because it meant staying at a three star hotel and sneaking in alcohol the night before. Their coach was actually an alumni of the school and had graduated about a decade ago, so he knew this tradition and didn't care much to stop the teenage boys.

"Okay. We get five rooms, that means three players per room—" Roan was cut off by Parker.

"But there's gonna be fourteen of us."

"I'm aware," Roan's tone was stern, "Kai and I will be sharing one room. The rest of you let me know your roommates by the end of the day. Groups of three. Just text it on the group and I'll pass it over to Coach. Also, Parker?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't interrupt me again when I'm talking, got it?" Roan looked at the redhead with a slight glare.

"Sorry, cap," Parker nodded, "I won't."

"Good. Dismiss."

Roan grabbed a towel and his change of clothes and went to take a quick shower. Kai did the same. Even though he preferred showering at home, after all the comments Roan made about him stinking up his car— Kai decided that maybe a two minute shower in the boy's locker room wouldn't hurt.

Once both the boys were done, they walked over to Roan's car while talking about the upcoming game.

"You're a good captain, y'know." Kai said as he strapped in.

"Hm?" Roan put the key in the ignition.

"Everyone respects you," Kai paused, "And not because they're afraid cause sometimes you're this huge meanie and when you glare it can be pretty scary, oh! Also when you snapped at Gayle last week it seemed like the poor dude was gonna piss his pants, and that time when—" 

"Kai," Roan made the brunette pause, "You're going off track."

"Oh. Right. Yeah," Kai nodded, "What I meant was that everyone respects you because you're a good captain."

"And they're not just scared of me?" Roan lifted a brow and Kai shook his head.

"If that was the case then Parker wouldn't have come to you when he was getting bullied." Kai reminded.

"I'm glad that fucker Felix got expelled." Roan's jaw clenched when he remembered how Parker was near tears when he was telling Roan what was happening.

"Thanks to you." Kai smiled.

"Meh."

"Are you excited for the game?" Kai asked.

"I'm excited to room with you." Roan answered.

"We're over at each other's house like every other day." Kai said.

"Yeah," Roan nodded, "But something about being in a hotel room with you.. Alone.. It's more.."

"More what?"

"Thrilling."

"You're not getting in my pants, Roan MacElroy." Kai tried to be stern.

"Don't worry about that," Roan said, "Alex is going to help me move on."

"How?" Kai frowned.

"They're going to set me up with a friend of theirs." Roan answered.

Alex was a senior when Roan and Kai were juniors. They were a year older, and were now studying in a community college in town. They were a close friend of Roan's back when they were in school, and surprisingly even now.

"Is said friend in college too?" Kai asked.

"Yep. His name is Jace. That's all I know." Roan informed his best friend.

"Have you seen him?" Kai asked.

"Nah, Alex wants it to be a blind date." Roan answered.

"No, no," Kai shook his head, "You're not going on a blind date! Don't you know how dangerous that is?"

"Don't be an idiot," Roan rolled his eyes, "I trust Alex, and if they trust this Jace guy, then how bad can he be?"

"Still.." Kai sighed, "Atleast tell me when and where you have this date. Also, keep texting me throughout so that I know you're okay."

"I'm a big boy, mom, I can take care of myself."

"Shut up, you loser." Kai pouted.

"No, you."

"You should atleast ask Alex for a picture, what if he's not even your type?" Kai said.

"Don't judge a book by its cover." Roan shrugged as he pulled into Kai's driveway.

"What if the cover is green and ugly?" Kai retorted.

"What?"

"What?"

"Kai?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

~~~

"—And this is why I think Evermore is better—"

"Fair point but Folklore has Betty in it and—"

"Bets, just because there's a song with your name doesn't mean the album is better!" Lucia raised her hands.

"Mothers," Roan sighed, "Can we just agree that Taylor Swift is a genius and leave it at that?"

"Fine, but only if you agree that All Too Well—"

"Nope, nuh uh," Roan shook his head, "This discussion is over."

"Fine." Betty crossed her arms as she leaned back on the couch.

"I've been raised by lunatics." Roan whispered under his breath.

"Did you say anything? Hm?" Lucia lifted a brow at her son.

"Nope." Roan shook his head.

"When will you be leaving for your game?" Betty asked.

"Thursday after school, and we'll be back Friday night." Roan answered.

"And you're sure you don't want us to come?" Betty pouted.

"You don't have to," Roan shrugged, "It's two towns over and I know you both are busy with work."

"But we want to—"

"It's fine." Roan interrupted.

"Make sure the team behaves, okay? I don't want Ziegler calling a meeting with the parents because you boys trashed the hotel again." Betty reminded.

"That was one time when I was a sophomore." Roan rolled his eyes.

"I'll call Kai and ask him to keep an eye on you." Lucia added.

"What makes you think I won't be the one keeping him in check?" Roan scoffed.

"He's a well behaved boy!" Betty defended the brunette.

"You both are blinded by his charms." Roan shook his head slightly while sighing.

Lucia and Betty started discussing a show they both were watching together after that as Roan zoned out of the conversation. He was scrolling through his feed on his phone when he got a message from his best friend.

From : Kai | To : Roan

Can I come over?

From : Roan | To : Kai

since when do u ask for permission?

Roan didn't get a reply from Kai after that, which meant that he was probably on his way. Roan quickly checked the weather app to make sure there wasn't any chance of rain.

Roan told his moms that Kai was coming over, and asked them to send the brunette to his room once he does. He kissed both his moms on the cheek as he bid them goodnight, before leaving for his room.

Roan changed into a pair of sweatpants and decided against putting on a shirt as he retired to his bed. He picked up the book he was reading from his nightstand, The Song of Achilles, and continued reading it till his door opened and Kai casually walked in and plopped on the bed after removing his shoes and keeping his schoolbag on the bean bag.

"Shut the lights, I wanna sleep." Kai ordered as he got comfortable inside the blankets.

"Did you come over just to sleep?" Roan asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay. Goodnight."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.1M 121K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
1.6K 67 13
Home in Nevada | An MxM Love Story ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • Jeff was going home to Nevada for Thanksgiving with Lucy, his best...
19.8K 2.1K 30
Ned and Sam won't talk about their first kiss. But when Ned gets stood up on a date and tries to prove his worth by stealing a famous local relic, Sa...
200K 4.5K 14
[BXB] "You know Luke the more you stutter the cuter you get" And that was the very moment I broke, his emerald eyes burning into me as I folded, his...