BEING YOURS

By mhyz-serena

~Sequel to Let Me Be Yours~ Let's join Amira and Ali in their journey of adventure, forgiveness, finding love... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHARTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY -EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
EPILOGUE
HELLO
B. Y. ... BYE 👋

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

3K 312 56
By mhyz-serena

He knocked on the door, looking around to see if anyone was close by. He hated that he's acting like a thief but this was utterly new to him. He'd never committed a grave sin so aware like this and it was disturbing to the pit of his being. But he's trying to calm himself with the fact that it'd be better than not doing it.

The door was unlocked and opened slowly. She opened it a bit wider after seeing who it was and he stepped in, just the sight of the living room brought back dirty blurry memories that made him want to throw up.

"Good evening." She greeted and he could only nod.

"Come in. Should I get you water or Coke?"

He took off his shoe, shaking his head. "Nothing, I'm good." He walked in and sat on the armchair.

She also found a place to sit and a cloud of silence hovered above them for a few seconds.

"Hope you're ready?" He sought.

She glanced at him then sighed. "Honestly no."

"Do we have to do this again?" He crinkled his nose.

"I'm sorry but... I'm still just not okay with it."

"Everything will be alright, you just need to relax."

Her throat worked and she fiddled with her fingers."Can I make a request?"

"What?"

"In case something happens and this comes out, I know it'll also cause problems for you and not just me but please, don't hate me for what I did."

Ali couldn't find the right thing to say to her so he just cleared his throat and kept quiet.

She's heartbroken by his silence and she looked down at her thigh.

"The doctor said you should fast from tomorrow night, I'll pick you up 8:30 am sharp on Wednesday by the junction."

She nodded quietly.

"Zainab, please support me in this."

She's quiet, anxiously quiet.

"I honestly hate how you're making me hate myself for wanting to do this. As far as I know it's for both our good."

"I'm sorry." She murmured.

"Look," He leaned forward. "I got your back in this, you're not alone. And I'll really love it if I get the same from you."

"I'm just nervous."

"You don't have to be, just have faith and everything's gonna go smoothly."

"Amin."

There's silence for a short while before he stood up to take his leave.

"See you tomorrow?"

She nodded, standing up. "I'm so sorry."

"What's done is done, quit the apologies."

"I'm really sorry, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me someday."

Ali stared at her, mute. There's nothing he could really say or do, comforting people wasn't really a usual thing for him but he still tried to say something. "Just take care of yourself. You know how to contact me in case anything arises."

She nodded with an okay and walked him to the door.

"Just go back in, I can manage."

She acceded and watched him till he went out the compound before heading inside.

Back in the car, Ali sank into the seat, held his head in his hands. He's only acting tough but Allah is his witness that what he's about to do didn't seat well with him. That was the first decision he's ever made by himself without seeking anyone's opinion not even his father's or grandma's and worse still it's a sin and he knew it was but what could he do?

He just can't begin imagining himself as a parent, maybe even having to start a family with the lady.

He grunted, his head pulsing.

Maybe he should just let his father know. He'd surely be disappointed but the deed is done even though one thing is telling him he got a girl pregnant and another thing is how he did so.

He was drunk. It's that simple. But that'd hurt the father more than the issue at hand.

Ya Salaam!

He'd totally fucked up his life.

Or should he just lie?

Nah, he can't do that. What's the use of telling him the truth if it won't be plainly that?

But what'd be his decision?

He knows his father well enough to know he'd never support termination.

The girl would be the major victim then cos he has only weeks left in school but she? She'd definitely have to drop out.

What if he has to marry her? Can he be good to her? No wait, can she handle him?

Oh dammit! He pulled open the glovebox and took out his pill bottle, tapped off a few and gulped them down with some Coke.

He reclined on the seat, feeling them slowly taking effect.

I'm just gonna have to tell Dad about this.

And the numbness crept deep into his core.

* * *

Bright rays of light heating up his little 'enclosure' was the main cause of him waking from his deep slumber rather than the bustling of the street.

He stretched, groaning at how stiff his muscles were. He checked his wristwatch and the time read after ten.

Crap he just missed his class, and subh.

Cussing himself, he adjusted the seat and brought the engine to life, warmed it up before heading to school.

He stopped first at a masjid and said his prayer, the men there must've thought he's such a devoted Muslim to be praying the salatud-duha.

After that, he took the car to where he parks it during the weekdays; at a relative's before taking a bike to the academy.

Reaching the dorm, he noticed the type of glances he's receiving and muffled whispers which ceased the moment he came near. He wondered what he did this time, is it cos he missed class?

Not wanting to sail much into the possible possibility, he headed to his room. Three pairs of worried eyes turned to him the moment he walked in and he stopped, swept his eyes between the angsty young men; Salis, Ahmad and another friend of Salis'.

"Where did you spend the night?" Salis asked before he could ask them what the matter was.

"What's up?"

"Just tell me where you were last night."

"Inside town, what is it? Am I expelled?"

"Who did you meet?" Salis approached him.

"What's with the interview?" Ali asked, getting irritated.

"There's no time Ali." He said sternly.

"C'mon fuck yourself." He sidestepped him and furthered into the room.

"When was the last time you met that girl?" Ibrahim, the third guy asked.

Ali stopped, wondering if he's referring to the girl he thought he was.

"What's her name again?"

"Zainab." Salis answered.

Ali turned around, switched his gaze between the duo."What's happening?"

"Did you meet with her last night?" Salis asked and Ali yessed after a beat.

"What happened?" Ibrahim sought.

"Can you freaking tell me what's going on?" Ali snapped impatiently.

"Just give us answers first Ali, we need them."

"Nothing happened, we just talked harmlessly now what's this about?"

"Ali I'd love it if you're honest and precise with us."

"Do you want me to tell you what never happened?"

The men were quiet and shared glances between themselves first.

"What is the problem here?"

Salis sighed, scratched his head. "The plain truth is, Zainab is dead."

Ali's heart thrust so hard within his ribcage and he almost couldn't feel himself anymore. "Wh-what what do you mean?"

"Zainab, is dead." Ibrahim repeated.

Salis huffed. "They're thinking it could be a suicide or even... murder. The major thing here is, her friend who saw her dead body this morning knew she's pregnant, for you, and is claiming you're forcing her on an abortion which could've been the cause of her killing herself that's if suicide is the case here. A neighbour of theirs also said he saw a young man visit her last night which you just confirmed that it's really you."

"The police were here earlier today but the school authority took the case on itself, they'll soon be here now that you're back." Ibrahim added.

Ali slowly found a place to seat cos he didn't trust his legs to hold his weight anymore. Zainab's dead? The Zainab he met just hours ago is dead?

He looked around, confused, and his body trembling. "Wait how... how authentic is this news?"

"She's gone guy. The police wouldn't have been here if that wasn't the case." Ibrahim said.

Ali held his head as his system began shutting down. Ya Salaam! He went on his feet and went for his bag to take his pills when two soldiers barged into the room.

"Where's he?!" One of them demanded and Ali just knew he's done for.

"Can I come with him please?" Salis begged as they asked Ali out. It's pretty obvious who the culprit was.

They both refused and led Ali away.

He footslogged between them to the Commandant's office. As he entered, he wondered if he's in a court of law. The Commandant and three other senior officers, some people whom he believed to be the girl's family or perhaps neighbours were also there.

He was scared, shocked and saddened. He kept wondering if he's just sleeping and having a pretty realistic nightmare and kept wishing incessantly to wake up cos Zainab can't be dead. How did it happen? Why?!

"Young man!" The Commandant hollered and he snapped his head to him. "Will you pay attention?"

Ali brought his eyes down, unable to say a word. He needs his pills else he'll run mad.

"Do you know this girl Haidar Hamza?" The Commandant sought and Ali dragged his gaze to the photograph on the table.

He felt his bowels churn at the sight before him and a sudden urge to throw up washed him over.

A person lying lifeless in a pool of blood wasn't the worse thing he's seen but the sudden death was what was driving him insane. It's still like an hour ago when he met with that girl and now she's gone?

"Haidar Hamza!" The Commandant hit his table and Ali shut his eyes, his breath ceasing.

The other things that were said after that were only hums as he got lost in himself, his surroundings closing up on him. Darkness hit him fast like a lorry and the last thing he remembered was nothing.

* * *

"So you knew and you both decided to keep it away from me?!" Ahmad sought angrily.

"Ahmad..." Salis huffed.

"No it's okay. I'm the one taking you both as brothers whereas if anything happens, I'm left out. Can't believe how stupid I was." He turned around and left.

Ali's seated on the bed in the school clinic, knees hugged to his chest and Salis decided to forget about Ahmad for awhile and got the plate of food for Ali, tried to make him eat something. The former's mind was racing miles per second wondering how possible it was for him to have killed that girl or even why.

Salis mentioned the medical report proved it was a murder cos there's evidence of harassment; rape, as he mentioned, and a neighbour of theirs mentioned to have seen a young man leave and come back about half an hour later that night.

But Ali just couldn't remember anything that happened after he dozed off in the car and before waking up that morning. He couldn't have possibly gone back, he wasn't one to even wake up after sleeping under influence and without even someone waking him up. Moreover he didn't have much to take and even if he did, he'd have had some flashback, something, anything, but nothing was coming. His head was just blank no matter how hard he tried.

Deep down he knew he didn't do it but all fingers were pointing at him.

"Everything's gonna be fine Ali, don't overthink it."

"The girl's dead Salis!"

"But you didn't kill her."

"What if I did?" He asked, horrified.

"Ali is there something you're not telling me?"

"I've told you everything I know. I can't tell maybe I woke up from sleep and went back or something, else why would they say I was the one who went back in?"

"There must have been a misunderstanding somewhere. You'd have had blood stains on you if you actually killed her but you said this was the same cloth you're wearing."

Ali was mute again. Yeah that's another point.

"I just pray they'd soon get to the bottom of this."

"But what if_"

"Enough of that Ali, please just have something to eat now."

"Fuck!" He held his head, his body starting to tremble. "If I didn't do it then who did and why?! Nothing's making any sense!"

"Stop overthinking it Ali." Salis tried consoling him.

"Damn she's pregnant with my child Salis. I couldn't possibly have killed her she did nothing wrong to me." His eyes glazed with tears and he buried his face in his palm, sniffled.

Salis gave him a one-sided hug. "Calm down."

Before either of them could relax into the arriving silence, the curtain was pulled open and some figures stepped in.

Ali literally died as he couldn't use his brain or even feel himself, his lungs ceased to function as he stared eye to eye with his father.

Salis went on his feet and exchanged greetings with the businessman, at that time, and he answered warmly to him.

Ali slowly regained his bearing and tried getting on his feet as well, he drew in some air to be sure he could still breathe and looked down at his feet. Ya Salaam just take my life please.

A chair was brought in for Alhaji Sulaiman and the father and son were given privacy at the father's request.

Ali held his nape, massaged it as the silence grew uncomfortable.

"Sit down Ali."

Ali carried his eyes to his father and away again. Knowing he really needed that, he slowly sat on the edge of the clinic bed. A million things were surfing through his psyche and he wished he'd collapse again and never wake up.

"What happened?" Came the father's question and Ali closed his eyes. Ya Jalaal!

"Talk to me Ali." He urged rather temptingly.

Ali stared at his trembling fingers finding it impossible to open his mouth.

"Bunayy." He called, leaning forward.

Ali managed to look at him and the tears began blurring his vision again.

"Talk to your father Haidar."

"I don't know where to start from." He cried, hanging his head.

Alhaji Sulaiman pulled his chair closer, held Ali's hand. "Start from how you met her and the type of relationship you two shared."

"She's honestly not my girlfriend, I barely even knew her Dad."

"How then did all this happen?"

Ali rest his head on his hands, crying. "I tried telling you Dad, I promise I wanted to I swear I really wanted to but I was scared and confused. I didn't know what to expect, how to start... I honestly don't know why this is happening Dad."

"Just tell me everything Ali."

Ali knew he'd have to sooner or later so he just did, narrated everything to him. His father was attentive and Ali didn't want to stop cos he knew what'd follow might not be favourable to him.

A long moment of silence passed between them before Alhaji Sulaiman cleared his throat. "So you drink Ali?"

Ali clenched his fist and eyes, waiting for the worse that could hit him.

"How old are you again?"

Ali glanced at his father first before mumbling. "Nineteen."

"Good, I thought you're deceived by what's reading on your certificate. You're barely an adult Ali, what could've possibly misled you that much? Have you suddenly forgotten your Deen?"

"I'm sorry Dad."

"What happened to your rehab program?"

Ali sniffed, scrubbed his cheek. "I quit."

"Why?"

"I'm okay so_"

"So what? Ali you wouldn't have been put there if you didn't need it. I'm sorry to say but you're also contributing to your worsening condition. You're mentally unstable Ali, I'm sorry but you are."

Ali held his head tightly, the tears wetting his face. "I didn't do it Dad. I can't remember anything but I didn't do it. I had no reason to, she agreed, she agreed to terminate the pregnancy, I was planning to tell you all about it, I... I didn't do it. Believe me please."

"I do Ali but I've really had enough of what you're doing to yourself. We're going back to Yola, I'll get you a doctor there and we'll fix classes to help you remember your duties as a Muslim."

"Dad_" He gasped.

"Right away Ali, you go start parking your stuff while I talk with your heads. We'll go meet with the girl's family before leaving." He stood up and Ali immediately fell on his knees, held his father's leg.

"Lillahi Ya Walid, min fadlik, don't do this."

"I'm not letting you ruin your life Ali." Alhaji Sulaiman pointed out. "I'm still alive and very capable so I won't sit back and watch you destroy yourself. That won't happen."

"Dad I promise you won't have any more reason to complain about me again, ever, I promise just please, please for the love of Ar-Rahman please don't make me quit now. I have just weeks left in here and I swear to be of upright behaviour till then. I beg of you."

His father huffed, skeptical about his son's petition. He'd be lying if he says he's ever supported Ali's being in the military cos he's just using it to torture himself and he loves his son too much to let him do that.

"Please Dad, this is all I ask. I'd do whatever you want after that, I'd be a good son I promise, just please don't make me quit now, please."

A wave of silence washed them over and Ali kept looking hopefully at his father, waiting for a response.

The father sighed. "And if you do?"

Ali thought over the question first. "Then I'd take anything from you."

"Okay then, we have each others' word?"

Ali dithered for a beat before nodding. "Yes."

* * *

He woke up very early that morning, well he didn't really sleep as he kept thinking of ways to apologise and make up with his wife.

He went to the kitchen after praying Subh and made extra effort to prepare a good breakfast for his wife. He did and went to check on her.

He slowly opened the door and she's still in bed. Okay...

Back downstairs, he kept thinking of a hundred ways to cheer her up. After much thought, he called Khalil.

"Hey umm... can I ask you something? Don't take it wrongly." Ali asked after the pleasantries.

"Okayy... hit me."

"Uh..." Ali scratched his head. "What's the most effective way to like, please a woman?"

Khalil was quiet for some time. "Is the woman here your wife?"

"None other."

"Alright so... what sort of 'pleasing' we talking here?"

"Not the type you're thinking Khalil. Like... how can I make her forgive me for doing something wrong?"

"How wrong is this 'thing'?"

"Very wrong, kind of, she's very mad at me."

"Umm..." He drawled. "First I think you should apologise and actually mean it. If Babes is mad at me I usually try to understand what I did wrong, apologise and give her some space if she wants. I then become extra cool y'know, do what I normally wouldn't at times even bathe the kids, then I try to be present y'know like give her space but still be there, help her out, keep her company, throw some jokes, if you notice that only worsens the situation then better back off and just spoil her with gifts, a sorry text or something she'd really appreciate. Women are different you see and that lady of yours sure is tough, Babes is much more easy going."

"Yeah I know that right? I'm kinda afraid to even face her."

"It happens yeah? I understand that feeling. But she's your woman bro, you can handle her. Moreover women are generally soft hearted, she'll come around soon, don't worry. Just make sure to prove to her that you are desperate for that to happen."

Ali sighed. "Alright, thanks."

"It feels good hearing you say that." Khalil chuckled and Ali hissed, ended the call.

He threw his head on the couch, wondering. Now he realizes how much he really doesn't know his wife cos he can't even tell what her preferences were. Holy crap!

He picked his phone and dialed Yusuf.

After talking about everything they could, Ali asked the question he'd called him for.

"What kind of like... cheers Amira up?"

Yusuf was mute, obviously surprised. "If you don't mind me asking is there a problem?"

"She's just mad, at me."

"Oh well... I erm... what do you want exactly like... what she loves eating or doing?"

"Anything just... tell me everything you know."

"Well she loves cupcakes, a crazy lot."

Oh yeah how could I forget that?

"She loves potato chips too, chocolate, she loves long drives, having fun y'know with a lot of music or perhaps just someone to be there for her to rely on or hear her out. Or maybe you can get her a gift, something not too expensive but would please her."

"Like?"

"Umm... okay say flowers? Or some cupcakes with a little 'I'm sorry' note? It could be anything really, you can even use some funny lines with her if you can, making her laugh would be a great opportunity to relate to her how sorry you are."

Ali huffed. "Alright, I'll hang up now."

"Okay."

He kept the phone beside him and the broken screen caught his attention. Yeah right, Amira definitely is tough.

Soft steps coming down the stairs moved his attention to it and Amira appeared seconds later and headed to the kitchen.

Ali sat up, thinking of what to do. He stood up and went after her. "Uh, morning."

She's quiet for a beat before mumbling a 'morning'.

"I made you breakfast."

"Thanks but I'm eating with Nazeer today." She placed a cup of water to heat.

"The food will be enough for two."

She stopped in adding beverage into her cup and turned to face him. "I'm not eating what you cooked. Have it or throw it away."

Ali pursed his lips, didn't move from his reclined position. After making her half cup of tea, she left without any of them saying any more.

The day continued like that, basically, and Ali almost lost his mind cos he missed her terribly. She put a great distance between them and the more he tried to get close, the farther away she moved.

With the help of Mahbub he managed to get her a dozen of frosted cupcakes, added a note saying: what I did was utterly stupid of me and I'm terribly sorry. How do I make it up to you?

Mahbub managed to sneak it into the room when she's in the bath and they both waited downstairs for a response from her.

While engaging in minor chats, there's a knock on the door and Mahbub got it.

Amir walked in and they exchanged handshakes before he furthered into the space.

"Where's Amira?" Amir sought after he and Ali shared greetings.

"Upstairs, what's up?" Mahbub answered and asked again

"Oh she asked me to come over, I thought there's a problem and rushed here."

"When was that?" Ali questioned.

"Not so long ago." He said, checking the time on his phone.

Ali and Mahbub exchanged glances.

"What? Is there a problem?" Amir asked noticing the look they shared.

None of them answered him and Amira came climbing down the stairs seconds later.

"Hey, let's go?" She referred to Amir who couldn't say anything but faced Ali.

"Where are you going to?" Ali asked and she ignored. "I asked you a question Amira."

"Are you going or not Amir?" She demanded and Amir reluctantly stood up.

"Okay. Let's go."

She turned around and Ali stopped her.

"Not a step more." He gritted as he stood up and she faced him. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Where I feel like."

"Amira you won't."

"Oh well let's watch you stop me." She turned around and he thundered for her to stop.

She did.

Ali drew in a deep broken breath. "Alright you've made me... very very mad so hope you're satisfied?"

She scoffed. "Screw you."

"For the love of God Amira_"

"Do your worse Ali." She sneered and made for the door.

Ali was quick to grab her arm and pull her back making her release a gentle ouch at how he squeezed her skin. The hurt look in her eyes coupled with realising what he did made him gently let go.

She stared deep into his eyes as he averted his gaze, calming himself down.

"Why don't you do it?" She asked, softly, and he looked into her eyeballs. "You're mad at me then do it, hit me!" She hit his chest and he stepped back.

"Aquatic," Mahbub called.

"Well to hell with acting so sweet and your sorry won't change what you did so yeah, you might as well drop the act." She lingered for a lazy second before turning to Amir. "Do you still wanna go?"

He was quiet, looked at Ali for some time. "Maybe you should just stay back_" When she turned to leave he hurriedly changed what he's saying. "Okay, alright. Let's go."

She headed out and he stopped before Ali. "I promise to keep an eye on her."

Ali could say nothing and Amir quickly headed out. The anger burnt in Ali's blood so hot he felt like smashing something. He turned around, looking for somewhere to vent his anger and he snatched his phone from the couch, flung it at the wall. "Fuck!"

Damn that temper! Mahbub thought.

* * *

She's laying on the bed when he stepped out of the bathroom and she didn't bother to spare him a glance. She's waiting to see if he'd still go downstairs or sleep in the room. He'd said nothing to her since she came home hours ago and she guessed he's mad at her but whatever.

She sighed, she kinda misses him.

To be frank she misses him, a lot.

She slowly raised her eyes to peek at him as he shuffled through his trolley bag for what to wear. Sighing softly, she went back to scrolling through her newsfeed.

His phone vibrated on the bed besides her and the caller ID caught her attention. He noticed how her facial expression changed as she viewed his screen and wondered who it could be. She on the other hand answered the call before he could reach the device.

"Hey uh... Ali it's me, Malika. I hope you're not busy please can we meet? There's something I wanna talk to you about." Her voice came from the other end and Amira looked at her husband, not ready to start accessing the confused and questioning look on his face.

"Hey are you there? Please I won't take long, it's really urgent that I talk to you about it. I hope you don't mind? I'm just outside by the roundabout."

"Hmm." Amira said and ended the call.

"Who was that?" Ali asked as Amira went on her feet. "Amira what... where are you going?" He sought but she wasn't paying him any attention as she stormed out.

Ali was confused and he hurried to the bed to get his phone and see who it was. Malika Shira? How... when... how did this get into my phone?! As he thought about it did it occur to him and he cussed, held his head.

Did that girl really save her number on his phone? She'd asked him for the phone to make a call last night at the clinic and never thought she did that. Damn it!

He hurriedly put on his trousers and a shirt, hurried out after his wife. Where the hell does he even find her? He stopped just outside the front door, massaged his nape as he looked around to see where she probably went to.

Where does he start looking? Who does he ask? He didn't even bring his phone... goddamit!

He furthered out, maybe he'd sight them somewhere. Indistinct voices caught his attention and he quickly followed the trail and was relieved to see them by the court's entrance.

He jogged towards them realising they're in a heated argument.

"You fucking think you're smart right?" Amira scowled at the lady with a bandaged head.

"And who the hell do you think you are?!" Malika pushed her and Amira launched a slap her way.

"You stinking_"

"Amira stop." Ali held her hand midflight.

"Get the fuck away from me!" She plucked herself out of his grip. "Defending your new catch huh?"

"Can you stop this already?" He asked, exhaustedly.

"Oh screw you Ali. You know you_"

"What's happening here?" Isa and Muhammad, Malika's elder brother approached the scene and the witch broke down in crocodile tears.

"Can you imagine this four eyed girl accusing me of hitting on her husband?"

"And why the hell do you think she'd do such a thing?" Muhammad faced Amira with a threatening demeanor.

"Oh dearest big brother," She gritted with sarcasm. "Cos she fucking called him at 11 pm and lucky enough I answered?"

"Just cos she called him? Are you okay Mami?" Isa sneered.

"Shut your gob Isa!" Amira ordered.

"Well he's right young woman, maybe you should've started by asking your husband how she got his contact. She obviously didn't pick it on the floor."

Amira clenched her jaw, closed her eyes.

"Or maybe you should start putting yourself in order, any man would prefer a sensible lady to one constantly acting like a crazy old hag right out of an asylum." And he pulled his sister away with him.

"Good for you." Isa snickered and went after them.

"Princess_"

She turned around and left. Ali gritted his teeth. Why the hell did I come to this place?!

He turned on his heels and jogged to catch up with a sprinting Amira. He managed to meet up with her as she's stepping into the flat.

"Amira hear me out will_"

"Shut up Ali just... shut up!" She faced him, crying. "Now what huh? Of all girls her? My sister?"

"Amira this isn't what you're thinking!"

"Of course not cos it is what it is!"

"There's nothing going on between us!"

"Oh just can it Ali! I'm honestly fed up, fed up of you hurting me. If you don't want me you might as well let me go, it's better than constantly having to deal with your... silly actions."

Ali held his head, thinking of a possible way to convince her. "Amira wallahi I didn't exchange contacts_"

"I don't wanna listen!"

"She only asked to make a call with my_"

"I said I don't wanna fucking listen!"

"I'm trying to explain!"

"I don't care! When you start giving a damn to listen to others' explanations then will you expect others to listen to yours."

Ali got where she's coming from and he sighed. "Amira I made a mistake and I'm honestly sorry for it."

"It won't change anything Ali! All you had to do was ask me why I did that and I honestly don't care if you'd ask that angrily or whatever and if I'd give you an answer or not but at least you should've shown that you cared to know my side of the story!"

"She's bleeding Amira_" He said hushedly.

"I was too! My heart was bleeding Ali and just to think that I actually did that because of y_" She paused before she does what she doesn't want to.

Ali's expression contorted to a confused one. "Cos of me?"

Amira held her head, blew out some air. "Forget it." She turned around but he held her and turned her around.

"What do you mean because of me?"

"I don't know!" She shot at him. "I did it cos I freaking wanted to so what?! You can go meet your sexy sensible babe and ask her what she did to make your crazy wife break a bottle on her head."

"Malika is not my girlfriend." He dictated.

"Tell that to the walls Ali. She's every man's dream isn't she? Hour glass shape, beautiful, not crazy! You can go fuck her through the night she'd definitely love that!"

Ali felt like smashing something to calm his nerves. Was this how Umar felt when he accused him of being in a relationship with Amira cos by Allah he wanted to hit something real hard, just not his wife.

"Just make sure you end whatever is between us before doing that cos I don't wanna be part of such disgusting act!" She spat and headed for the stairs. Ali didn't stop her.

He held his head, mumbling cusses to himself. He's sorry, he's freaking bloody sorry so why won't Amira just let it pass?!

He collapsed on the couch, hating his life. Damn he needs to get low. He freaking needs his pills!

He sank into the seat, pushed his head unto the backrest. Yeah screw me!

After a mental battle with his inner self, he got his laptop which has been in the sitting room since that evening and booted it. He settled to watch a movie after surfing through what could get his mind off things and thankfully Mahbub sent some movies there a couple of days back on Amira's request since they had no television.

He played The Resurrection and halfway through, he took a break to get a cup of coffee thanking God he's a bit more relaxed.

He got the cuppa and locked the back door, did the same for the front door and sat down on the floor to continue the movie.

Almost through the two hours long movie, he heard silent steps coming down the stairs and he turned to its direction.

His eyes followed her down and she stood at the end of the staircase.

A long minute of silence passed and Ali didn't want to get his hopes up that she had forgiven him, already. He reviewed her standing frame bundling a blanket and pillow and dressed in her pajamas.

Wait a sec, did she bring those for him? Or perhaps...

"I umm..." She cleared her throat, taking small steps towards him. "I thought you're asleep."

"No just... watching a movie."

"I brought this." She said, spreading the blanket on the rug. "Matrix?" She asked, glancing at the screen.

"Uh yeah. Watched it?"

"Hmm. It's kinda confusing, to me."

"Oh. They survive?"

She nodded and then there was silence, again.

"Uh I think that's it. I'll just get... going." She mumbled and scurried to the stairs.

Ali sighed. Well that's a good sign that... he's sleeping in the living room. He continued the already ending movie, his interest gone.

He stood up to dispose his cup afterwards and retired for the night, not really though as he kept going through his new mails, disinterestedly.

Footsteps reached his ears again and he looked up to see her coming down the stairs, another blanket with her.

"I uh..." She cleared her throat, her eyes travelling around and skipping his eyes. "I'm scared,... alone."

They were quiet for some time before he shifted, pat the space besides him for her. She uttered a sigh of relief and headed towards the spreading, laid down.

A thick cloud of uncomfortable silence hovered above them and it's so suffocating unlike the one he's in before she came. He turned off the system, put it aside and laid down as well wondering if he should speak or perhaps she's already asleep.

"I'm cold." She murmured which he heard and he turned around to see her lying on her back, face to the ceiling.

"You can cover up with the blanket or maybe a sweater_"

"You wanna cuddle?" She shut him up and he couldn't find his voice to answer her.

Okay, what's gotten into her? "Well erm..." He cleared his throat and her eyes turned to him.

He laid down and motioned for her to come closer which she readily did, snuggled into him.

He drew the blanket over them and relaxed into her warmth, relishing the moment. Damn he missed her badly.

"I'm sorry." Came her little voice seconds later and he shifted to catch her face.

She sighed. "For going out like that without your permission. I was right outside I promise, I just wanted to piss you off." She mumbled the last part.

"And yeah you did. Kudos on that." He ran a finger down her hairline.

"I'm really sorry." She looked into his eyes.

"It's okay, we all need to get those feelings out somehow."

"And about your phone_"

"You didn't do that, I smashed it myself."

She huffed. "I'm so sorry." And relaxed on his chest.

"I'm sorry too." He apologised, caressing her hair. "I really should've listened to you."

"You do understand why I tell you I don't get along with anyone here right?"

He nodded. "I do. And I swear I didn't give her my contact_"

"I know."

"What?"

She pulled away from him. "I know my family well Ali, this is the least they can do. Just stay away from all of them please. We have just a week left right?"

He nodded, kissed her temple. "I'm so sorry, for not being there for you."

"You can't always be there for me."

He pulled out and they shared a long mute stare, countless emotions sailing between them.

She slowly lifted her hand, her fingers running down his sideburns. "I missed you."

He held her hand, kissed her palm. "I missed you like..." He puffed, no word able to describe it.

He's never been one who's good with words and with Amira, words just weren't enough. He twined their fingers together, his eyes hooked in hers. Going with what every fibre of him wanted, he leaned into her in what turned into a heated make out session.

Hardly did he stop himself, stared into her eyes as they both caught their breath. "Where was your mind drifting to?"

She chuckled. "Where was your mind drifting to?"

He leaned into her again, rubbed his nose on hers. "Go to sleep." He said, laying back down.

"Where are my cupcakes?"

Ali's eyes bulged out first before he turned his gaze to her. "I thought you didn't want them."

"Did I throw them out?"

"But you..." He trailed off and she sat up, zeroing her eyes on him.

"You ate them?"

"No, they're not my type of thing."

"Then where are my cupcakes?"

"Umm... Mahbub took them."

"And you let him?"

"Well you didn't act like you wanted them."

"Then why did you give them to me in the first place?"

"Amira go to sleep." He muttered tiredly.

"I want my cupcakes back."

"We'll get some for you tomorrow then."

"I want the ones you gave me today."

He ran his palm over his face. "Go to sleep Princess."

"I want my babies back." She whined.

He pulled her unto him, wrapped an arm around her. "I can give you some."

Her eyes widened as she realized what he meant, then she blinked, muttered in a low voice. "Go to sleep, Ash."

He chuckled, drew the blanket over them.

* * *

Hello guys, happy Friday to y'all beautiful people 🥰 how has the week been? Hope great 🤩

So here it is, Zainab's dead 🤯 along with the baby 😢 seems Ali doesn't have an illegitimate child, alive. I guess that's a relief 😞

But did he really kill her? If yes, how? And why? If no then who did?

And yes Amira sure is tough 🙃 can't stop reading that 'you wanna cuddle' part 😍

Maybe next week's update will come a little late, maybe during the weekend, I got some plans for the week. Hope this isn't bad news in anyway 🥺

Anyways, see y'all next week.

Xoxo❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
1.6K 10 5
I risked it all but what did you do?
18.7K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
60.7K 6.1K 65
2022 WATTYS SHORTLISTED || After being forced into a marriage by her devoutly religious parents, Aspen's husband is diagnosed with a life-limiting il...