Good vs. Evil

By duke_destin

Y/n Fawley was just another student in the background. Good grades but not good enough to be sought out. A go... More

Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chater 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Healing Era??
Chapter 68
Chapter Sixty nineeeee
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 41

4K 132 11
By duke_destin

I dipped my quill in ink again, starting to get tired of writing. I still had at least 4 paragraphs and I had to get it done before class started.

I drew small hearts on the corner of my paper, getting distracted from what I was doing. I felt eyes on me and I looked up, making direct eye contact with Harry.

Hermione and Ron sat behind him, staring at me as well. I gave them a small smile, looking back down at my work.

The fact that them not talking to me meant that I had no one else was honestly sad. I closed my book and stuffed my things into my bag.

I looked back at them and they stared back. I made eye contact with Hermione, nodding my head towards the door.

I quickly left the great hall, leaning against the wall outside of the door and a few minutes, Hermione joined me.

"How long is he going to be mad at me?" I sighed.

"Well, you did shut him down after leading him on. He's also had a crush on you for so long." She shrugged, "But I don't think he's mad, I think he's just confused."

"Well, don't get me wrong," I started, "I want to be with him but I can't risk messing anything up. You three are my life and I don't want to risk losing you."

"Y/n," She chuckled, "Neither of us would ever be able to choose between you two, we wouldn't leave you just because you two broke up."

"Yeah," I sighed, looking away from her, my eyes landing on the ground.

"That's not why you said no." She leaned forward, trying to look at my face.

"It's just..." I stopped, debating whether I should really tell her.

She raised her eyebrows. I sighed.

"I really like him but," I paused, "I think I like someone else."

Her jaw dropped. "Who?"

I shrugged, smiling sheepishly. "I don't know, we don't really talk anymore but... Dean."

"Oh Godric, Y/n." She sighed.

"I don't want to hurt either of them, besides I can't even imagine choosing between them."

"I get it." She sighed, "I've got to get to my next class but we're not done talking alright."

I nodded, waving as she walked past me. I walked in the opposite direction, heading towards the dungeon for potions.

I rounded the corner, freezing as I heard a strangled sob. They came one after the other, like a waterfall. I took a deep breath before turning the corner.

Sitting on the floor, with his head in his hands, was a small boy.

I crouched down in front of him, careful to not touch him.

"Hey, are you alright?" I looked him over, realizing he had one hand tightly clenched over the other.

He looked up at me. My heart sank.

He was so small, so scared. His eyes were filled with tears threatening to spill.

I put a hand lightly on his shoulder, looking into his eyes. I inhaled sharply as he let go of his hand. It was stained red while the other dripped blood. I took his hand softly, reading the words on the back.

Children do not speak out of turn.

"It's alright," I whispered, "I've got one too."

I wiped his tears away, straitening his cap and robes.

"We're going to get you to Madame Pomfrey's and she's going to fix you up. You'll be alright." I smiled softly at him.

He shook his head in a panic.

"What? What is it?" My eyebrows knit together.

"She told me not to tell anyone." He whispered.

My blood was boiling. "It's ok. We have to get you the right potion. We don't want it to scar too badly."

"No," He said, "Naughty children must be punished."

I bent down so that I was at eye level with him, "That is not true. You did nothing wrong and you don't deserve this, no one deserves this. This is not your doing."

He looked behind me, his eyes widening. I looked behind me to see the nightmare herself.

"I'd beg to differ." She said as I stood up.

I leaned back, whispering to the boy, "I'll meet you in the infirmary."

He nodded, rushing off.

"Professor, you must stop this," I said, turning my attention back to her. "It's cruel."

"The Minister requests that I discipline children as I see necessary. Are you suggesting that I go against the Minister's wishes?"

"I think that your punishments are unnecessary."

"Are you questioning my judgment?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"That's deten..." I cut her off.

"You are nothing but an unjust cruel woman." If I'm already going to be punished, might as well say what I need to. "You have hate for people who are different from you just because you fear they are more intelligent than you. You are but a childish woman with too much power and you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

"Enough!" She shrieked, "I will not have you talk to me in such away. What a horrid thing to say to someone, especially someone who has given you as many chances as I have. Your mother-"

"My mother is dead." I stared into her eyes, which were lit with anger.

"Lucky her." She scoffed.

My hand flew to my wand, "What did you just say to me?"

"Allia Rosier valued intelligence. Imagine how hard it would be to raise a child like you."

"Don't talk about my mother."

"She was smart. A true Slytherin." She nodded. "She wouldn't have wanted you to spend time with the filth that you do."

I pulled my wand out instinctively, "Shut up!"

She looked at my wand before meeting my stare, "How dare you! I should have you expelled!"

"Go on, then." I stared at her, daring her to do it.

She stammered for what seemed like forever. "Detention, Ms. Fawley. For the next two weeks."

I didn't say anything.

"I'll see you in my office tomorrow." She turned on her heels. I watched as she walked away. I straightened my tie, turning to go to the infirmary.

"Foul bitch." I muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I collapsed on the couch next to Hermione, laying my head on her shoulder.

"Merlin, 'Mione," I groaned, "Kill me."

"We don't have enough time to plan the funeral." Ron chuckled from on the floor.

"What happened?" She asked, not looking up from her book.

"Just a long day." I sighed.

Harry sat down in an armchair next to the couch, "You're all coming to DA tomorrow, correct?"

"Can't." I groaned.

Hermione leaned away from me to make eye contact with me. "And why not?"

"I may or may not have detention," Hermione's eyes widened. "With Umbridge."

"What?" Ron's eyebrows furrowed, "You can't go Y/n, she'll hurt you."

"And what do you think she's going to do if I don't show up?"  I scoffed, "I have to go."

"What did you even do?" Hermione asked.

"I might have said a few unkind words to her." I shrugged.

Ron raised his eyebrows.

"I only called her childish," I shrugged, "And cruel and unjust. But that's it."

"Y/n!" Hermione gasped.

"Well, someone had to put her in her place, might as well be you, Y/n." Ron smiled.

"She also threatened to expel me." I muttered.

"What?" Hermione gasped.

"Alright, I take it back." Ron said, "How could you do that, Y/n?"

"What did you that would be bad enough to expel you for?" Hermione said in a panicky tone.

"I kinda threatened her." I muttered, all three of their jaw's dropped.

"But I only pulled out my wand," I said quickly, "I didn't even point it at her."

"Why would you do that?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"I had to," I defended myself.

"You always have a choice, you didn't have to do anything." Harry argued.

"Listen, you weren't there and you don't understand so you can't say anything." I looked around at their unconvinced faces.

"I just don't understand how you could be so careless-"

"She was talking about my mother, alright?" I cut Hermione off. Hermione closed her mouth, looking down.

"I'm gonna go," I muttered, "I've got to go study, anyways."

"Y/n, we-"

"Save it." I muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 62 29
⚡Completed⚡ You're friends with Cedric Diggory and the golden trio. They help you through all your times of need, especially when everyone in the wh...
4.7K 199 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N is a Weasley, and a twin. Ronald's twin. Going back to Hogwar...
249K 8.6K 40
Disclaimer: This is my Fanfiction. I am not JKR. I never will be. So i write things how I would want it. If that bothers anyone. Dont read this FF. T...
131 11 10
Harry x y/n story love isn't how it always seems y/n will go on crazy adventures but who she will end up in the end?? - J.K. Rowling owns all the H...