Shigaraki Adopts a Child

By november_june

when sent grocery shopping, Tomura Shigaraki didn't expect to come back home with a little girl! Oh no, guess... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
17
18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 4

917 26 8
By november_june

(Before you think 'oh they used this cover already' yeah I'm just going to use this for chapters that I never made covers for or don't like the covers of since it's now old art)

Everything was a blur as Kurogiri explained her situation. Her heart arched as the fact sank in. She never wanted to be a hero or anything, she just wanted to be like everyone else. Tears started to build up, but she was too weak to cry, her hands felt numb and her legs felt like they had no bones.

"Tori! Hey Tori!" Shigaraki called out her name as he shook her gently. Tori looked up to see him and Kurogiri knelt in front of her in concern, though it was hard to tell with Shigaraki's emotionless look and Kurogiri's mostly non-existent face. Tori blinked back tears. "Are you disappointed in me? Are you sad that I will never have a quirk? I'm sorry Shigaraki, I'm really sorry you have to take care of a weakling like me!" Her words were slurred and her voice was shakey, Kurogiri looked at Shigaraki. Shigaraki didn't know what to say. Yes, he was pretty disappointed that She would be no use to him without a quirk. But he couldn't help but feel bad, he couldn't just abandon her, not right now.

"Tomura Shigaraki sir, I know this is a bad time, but your master would like to meet up in about fourth-five minites." Kurogiri mentioned awkwardly. Shigaraki stood up and nodded, then he slowly walked to his room to think, think of a way to make Tori useful, to make her feel strong before meeting with his sensei. He never answered her questions, he didn't want to hurt her even more. He slammed his door, making Tori flinch.

"Don't worry, Tori Hana, things will get better, Tomura Shigaraki will think of what to do." Kurogiri said has he patted her shoulder. He was about to stand up until Tori wrapped her arms around him. "Thank you." She managed to squeak out before bursting into tears. Kurogiri carefully put his arms around her. Once she was done crying Kurogiri patted Tori's head, gave her some of Shigaraki's 'secret' stash of ice cream, and went to his room to change his tear-soaked shirt.

~

Shigaraki figured stressfully with a Rubic's cube as he waited impatiently for his sensei. The screen started to load and his master's face appeared onto the screen.

"Tomura Shigaraki, it seems you have this little side project going on, tell me about it." His sansei waisted no time with greetings. Shigaraki bowed, his father's hand over his poker face, no emotion seeped through. "Yes sensei. About over a week ago, a child followed me to the Lueage's base. We didn't know what to do with her, and she wasn't reported missing, so I decided to take her in." Shigaraki explained, One For All was silent.

"I see... Almost reminds me of when I found you. I heard from the doctor she's quirkless. What do you plan to do with her now? How do you think she will better your success? Seems to me she's dead weight, but this about you and your vision so, tell me Tomura Shigaraki, what is your plan with this girl?" Shigaraki's sensei questioned, striking him speechless for a moment. Even his master compared him to the girl.

"I was thinking she could still be of use, master. If you could just give her a good quirk, I think she could grow to be a very useful member of the Lueage." Shigaraki answered, heart pounding in hope. His master stood still and silent for a while. As much as he made Tomura think he was in control of his future, he had always had the ultimate say in what moves he made. "Fine, but I suggest getting her body ready first, such a weak and small body would not be suitable for the quirk in mind. If you plan on keeping her as a future member, I suggest getting her stronger before she is given a quirk. She's only five, correct?" Shigaraki felt a rush of relief, but kept it hidden. "Yes, that is what the doctor confirmed." He answered, clearing his throat before speaking, though it didn't help much with his already raspy voice. "Then it is settled, I will give you ten years to train this child, then I shall grant her a quirk." One For All hung up right after he was done speaking, the screen went blank.

Shigaraki's body felt lighter. He was so glad that everything would work out. Though, it did annoy him he had to wait until the girl was fifteen. Shigaraki walked out to the bar to be greeted by Kurogiri.

"You seem to be in a good mood, Tomura Shigaraki." Kurogiri said as he cleaned the evidence of the ice cream Tori had eaten before going to bed. Shigaraki nodded, not letting much emotion show. "Yes, sensei agreed to give Tori a quirk when she is fifteen years old. For now we got to start training her." Shigaraki said as he sat down.

Kurogiri nodded, not showing how happy he was to hear the good news. "So, I'll get in touch with that trainer I mentioned. I'll also need to enroll her into that nearby school, so I'll be out tomorrow around early noon. I won't be too long, though, I'll be back in time to make a late lunch." Kurogiri planned out loud. Shigaraki nodded and asked for a drink, he needed one.

After finishing three bottles of beer, Shigaraki headed to his room, almost tripping through the doorway. Kurogiri cleaned up and made his bed on the bench chair, his sleeping spot these days.

The men were asleep, not concerned about the girl's future, for they knew she had hope, while Tori layed in bed, not able to sleep for she only knew her quirkless future that lay ahead of her.

~

The next morning Shigaraki woke up to an empty bar, no one was there. He slept in late and Kurogiri was already gone. He walked behind the bar to find something to eat and drink when he noticed a note on the counter. He picked it up and read it.

Tomura Shigaraki, if you're reading this I am gone running errands. Please check on Tori Hana, she won't get out of her room. -Kurogiri

Shigaraki drank a glass of orange juice as he read the note. He set his drink down and went to Kurogiri's room, now it seemed like her room as Kurogiri called it. He knocked on the door. "Hey kid, I know you had a rough day yesterday but come one out and I'll make some cinnamon toast for you." Shigaraki bribed. Cinnamon toast was one of the few things he knew how to cook, and he wasn't quite sure if they even have all the ingredients.

"Go away." Tori mumbled. Go away? She is in no position to talk to him like that! He was the one who took her in, the one who is willing to keep her even after they found out she was a weak, quirkless brat! "I said open the door, or I'll just barge in, now stop crying and come on out." Shigaraki ordered in annoyance. Did Kurogiri not tell her the good news, that she would have a quirk by fifteen? "I said go away!" Tori's muffled voice shouted. Shigaraki opened the door and burst into the girl's room. "Listen here you little-"

Tori was under her covers, yet she sat up in the bed. Tomura instantly took back his anger and sat in front of the girl. "Listen, kid, I don't want to give you called hope, but there is some. Look, I talked with my sensei about it and he said he would give you a quirk if you work hard until you're fifteen." Shigaraki explained. Tori has uncovered her head, staring at Shigaraki with her oval eyes full of tears and a look of shock. She then looked down and got of the bed and walked in front of him. Tori tugged on his sleeve to get him up, and Shigaraki walked with her to the bar.

Shigaraki was caught off guard when Tori let go of his sleeve and held his pinky. "Um..." Shigaraki looked at the girl, dumbfounded, but she still had her head down, so he could see no expression. He let her hold his pinky, and remembered to be extra careful as the walked to the bar.

Tori finally let go so she could climb onto the chair that was a bit too high for her. Shigaraki looked through the cubbords to get out the bread, butter, sugar, and most importantly, the cinnamon. He brought out a toaster and plugged it in. It was silent as they waited for the bread to toast.

"Is it true, am I going to get a quirk?" Tori's question was almost inaudible, but it broke to silence. The toast popped up and Shigaraki took a know and started to butter it. "Yeah, if you're body is ready for one in ten years. You have to train hard, you know." Shigaraki explained, not letting his eyes off of the toast as he sprinkled the sugar and cinnamon. He handed Tori one and he let himself have the other cinnamon toast. She wiped her tears and started eating.

"But what if I'm not strong enough, what if I'll never get a quirk?" Tori asked. Shigaraki swallowed as she looked up at him. "Then we'll figure something else out. There's a lot of places where we can get you support items and weapons." He answered.

"Why would I need those? What would I do with them?" Tori questioned some more. Shigaraki paused. He forgot that she wasn't a villain, that she had no hate for heros. He will have to start lecturing her soon, but for now, he had to lie. "To protect yourself of course, the world is dangerous and heros will not be there at all times." It wasn't a lie, he just left out some things. He finished his toast and rinsed his hands and took of the hand on his face to see better.

"There's nothing to worry about, just focus on getting stronger, hey, here's something to look forward to: You'll be going to school soon. I know it'll already be the second term, but you'll make plenty of friends in that time." Shigaraki pointed out, not quite enthusiastically, but in a bland but optimistic way. Tori was done with her toast and wiped her mouth with her dirty hand. Her mood was better and her face started to brighten.

"R-really?" Tori blushed. "I get to make friends and meet new people?!" Shigaraki ignored her enthusiasm and tried to look annoyed. "Yeah sure, but don't get your hopes up! Kids can be pretty harsh and I'll ground you if you get bad grades." Shigaraki averted his eyes from the smiling kid, though he was glad he was able to cheer her up. Her smile was weak but she still had hope.

"Hey, Shigaraki, can we play Minecraft?" Tori asked. Shigaraki looked at the smiling girl. "Sure."

~

They didn't have to wait long for Kurogiri to come back home. He came back with a big box that he warped with him. "Tomura Shigaraki, Tori Hana, would you like to help me set this up in the spare room?" Kurogiri asked. The spare room was a place where all of their extra junk went, it was mostly used for exercise and training, though Shigaraki didn't use it as much as he got older. Tori now used it as a play area when the men could supervise her, for some of the things in there were dangerous for her to play around.

"What? What is it?" Tori jumped up and down, completely different from the mood she was in the morning. Kurogiri looked at Shigaraki, if he had a mouth, he would be smiling. Shigaraki looked away in distaste. Kurogiri was acting way to dramatic, he didn't do much besides make her cinnamon toast. Kurogiri warped the box to the spare room as they walked to it.

Kurogiri opened the box to reveal pieces of wood, a matress, and screws. Shigaraki moaned. "Do I really have to help? What is this anyways?" Shigaraki complained, kicking the box of wood.

"A bed for Tori Hana." Kurogiri answered. Tori's face lit up. Shigaraki chuckled. "Got too tiered of sleeping in the bar?" He sneered. Kurogiri flinched at the truth. "N-no, it's just that since Tori Hana is going to be living with us from now on she should have her own room, and this bed was pretty cheap." Kurogiri defended his decision, and Shigaraki kept on seeing past the excuses while Tori was hugging and thanking Kurogiri excitedly. "Just hand me the tool box, you don't have to help." Kurogiri told Shigaraki. "Yeah, you're not that good when it comes to making things on Minecraft, so you're probably not to good when making things in real life." Tori said.

"I-I can make things, just watch!" Shigaraki's face redened, he forgot to put the hand back on his face so everyone saw his crusty red face of embarrassment. Tori giggled and sat back. Kurogiri sighed and started to lay out everything.

Tori sat and watched to two men build the bed. She offered to help, but Shigaraki only said that he could do it by himself. Kurogiri eventually sat back and watched too, he held the instructions and told Shigaraki what to do while Shigaraki did it.

"Want some water Shigaraki?" Tori asked. Shigaraki was sweating like he was running on a hot summer day. His anger and embarrassment gave him energy but at the cost of making him overheat, and he seemed very malnourished and out of shape. "Sure." Shigaraki sighed.

Tori walked down to the bar where she found the cups and filled one with water from the sink. There was a knock on the door. Tori stopped dead in her tracks.

"Hey! Anyone in there?" The man at the door called. Tori hesitated, but set down the glass of water and answered the door. The man at the door had grey hair, round glasses, a golden tooth, and a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hey sweety, your daddy home?" The man asked as he blew out smoke that got into Tori's face. Tori was too shy to say anything, but nodded. "May I come in to see them?" He asked. Tori didn't know what to do, she hid behind the door. Did he want Shigaraki? Should she let him in? "Um, can you wait here for a second?" Tori quietly requested. "Of course dear." The man agreed and Tori closed the door. She rushed to the spare room.

"Took you long enough! Wait- where's my water?" Shigaraki asked. He put his hands on his knees and wheezed. Tori gulped. "There's a man at the door that wants you Shigaraki." Tori said. Shigaraki's eyes widened. "Kurogiri, you get the door, Tori stay with me." Shigaraki ordered. Kurogiri gave Shigaraki the instructions and left.

"Who is than man, Shigaraki?" Tori asked. Shigaraki set down his tools. "You shouldn't be answering the doors, Tori, it's very dangerous." Shigaraki warned as he snatched the instructions from Tori. "Oh... Sorry. Do you want me to get your water?" Tori asked, trying to avoid a possible grounding. Shigaraki sat back and took a deep breath as he read the instructions. "No, I don't want Giran messing with you again. He's not a bad person, but he can be pretty creepy." Shigaraki said, he sounded exhausted. They sat there in silence, Shigaraki with his eyes closed and his arm over his face. Tori didn't want to question any more.

Shigaraki got back up and started to work on the bed again. After an hour or so, Kurogiri came back in to find Shigaraki done with the bed, matress and all.

"And you said I couldn't make things." Shigaraki smiled as he rested in Tori's new bed. "Fine! I guess you are pretty good at making things. Now do you want me to get you some water?" Tori admitted reluctantly.

"No need to worry, Tori Hana, I made Shigaraki some lemonade." Kurogiri said as he gave Shigaraki his cold drink. "Good I wasn't looking forward to drinking that crap tap water after all that work." Shigaraki said, relieved as he chugged the lemonade.

"You may have built a bed, but I think you should start getting into shape. Maybe you could exercise and train with miss Tori Hana." Kurogiri suggested, he was being careful with his words. In reality, it should not have taken Shigaraki that long to build the small bed and he shouldn't be sweating as much as he was. Kurogiri had to admit Shigaraki won't be killing All Might any time soon.

"Well, how about we start moving your things into your new room?" Kurogiri suggested. Shigaraki flopped back onto the small bed. "No way am I helping with that! Good luck on your own!" Shigaraki said as he got comfortable in the bed and got out his phone.

The move didn't take too much time, Kurogiri handled the heavier stuff while Tori took dolls and other small things. They set the box of toys and all the other stuff on the only shelf in the room. They also remove any sharp or dangerous objects so the whole room was safe for Tori to play in. Once they were done, they woke up Shigaraki, who fell asleep while Tori and Kurogiri moved stuff.

"Come on, get up Shigaraki! Kurogiri is going to make us ramen!" Tori yelled in Shigaraki's ear as she violently shook him. Shigaraki shot up and chased after the girl, who was running and screaming, while also laughing and smiling a mischievous smile. "Why you! Don't wake me up like that!" Shigaraki as he picked up the girl by her overall straps on the back, but also being careful not to use all five fingers.

Tori giggled. "Sorry! But who sleeps like that after building a bed? It wasn't even that big!" Tori laughed hysterically. Kurogiri, who watched it all go down while he made dinner, held in a chuckle as Shigaraki blushed in embarrassment. "HEY! It was a pain in my back and it was hot in there! It's not like you did anything to help! 'oh I'll get you water' my a**!" Shigaraki cussed, mocking Tori.
Tori put a hand over her mouth. "Shigaraki! You said a naughty word!" Tori gasped. Shigaraki put on his hand back over his face. "Yeah, so what?" He challenged. "Kurogiri said not to say those words! Right Kurogiri? He also said a ton when you were gone!" Tori snitched. Kurogiri nodded. "Yes, master, it's better if you don't use profanity around miss Tori Hana." Kurogiri solemnly agreed as he divided out the ramen into three bowls.

Shigaraki let out a huff. "Whatever. Just be quiet and eat you brat." Shigaraki shooed Tori away.

That night, after dinner and a roudy card game, Kurogiri was happy to sleep in his own bed and get some decent rest.

~Thank you for reading!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 496 18
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ You're a teenage girl who supposedly doesn't like anyone, taking on the outside world as a villain in Japan. You have four people yo...
7.7K 205 33
(BEING REWRITTEN I FOUND WEIRD SIMILARITIES TO ANOTHER STORY AND MY WRITING IS SLOPPY)You notice a man following you wherever you go. but one day, he...
1.1K 32 4
"What if someone sees?" Your voice trembles, fingers twisting into the ratty texture of his hoodie. "They won't." He says, crowded up too close to yo...
47.2K 2.7K 56
After an enormous battle between heroes and villains, Izuku finds himself back in the body of his four year old self, wondering where it all went wro...