Someone Worth Staying For (Ho...

By LostOncer

Malivore was out of Landon and Landon was back to normal, and not stuck in the darkness. The question was, is... More

Writer's Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The End

Chapter 12

2.3K 73 17
By LostOncer

Hope's P.O.V.
    I went to sleep last night like normal but when I woke up this morning, I was in a completely different place. I was also locked up in some room. I bang on the door to try and get it open. "Look who's finally awake." I hear Landon's voice but with the circumstances, I knew it wasn't him. I turn around to see him standing there. "Malivore." Is all I could say. I knew I defeated him but a part of me believed that he could come back. "In the flesh.. well sort of." "How the hell are you here?" I asked, feeling my blood boil from the sight of him and that he was in Landon's body again. "I have my ways." He said and walked around me. "So why don't you just kill me then, that's what you want right?" "Because I want to make you suffer a bit. Plus I need to find the one thing that will kill the tribrid." Before I could do or say anything, everything went dark.

    Once my eyes opened, I was back in my room, laying in my bed. Was it all just a dream? It couldn't have been, it felt so real. I hear a knock on my door and I sit up on my bed. "Come in." I said and Landon opened the door. Seeing him, made me a bit nervous. Was he Malivore or was it really Landon? "Hope, your family asked me to come wake you. They want to spend the day with you." He seemed like Landon but I still had to be cautious. "Uh okay. Thanks Landon." He walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. "Are you okay Hope? You seem kinda off." I couldn't say anything about Malivore because if I did and Malivore was in Landon's head again, he would know that I knew it wasn't a dream. And I assumed his plan was to make it seem like a dream. Although, maybe it was a dream. I have no proof other wise. "Oh just a bad dream, I'm fine." I said softly, planning on keeping my eye on him. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked and I shook my head. "No I'm fine. Like I said, it was just a dream." "Well alright then. I'm headed out with the twins and everyone else, so have fun with your family." He said and gave me a kiss before leaving my room. Part of me hopes it's a dream but the other part of me, has a bad feeling that it wasn't.

    I get out of bed and quickly get dressed to go out. Once I was ready, I headed towards the twins' room to see if they had left yet. I knock on the door and hear someone on the other side. "Coming!" I hear Lizzie's voice and then heard her footsteps move closer to the door and then the door swinging open. "Hey Hope. Isn't your family waiting for you?" I quickly looked around to make sure 'Landon' wasn't around and then walk inside the room. I close the door behind me and quickly said a spell to make it to where no one outside the door could hear us. "Where is Josie?" I asked and Lizzie seemed confused but knew something was up since I casted that spell. "She's waiting for me, with the others outside, why? What's wrong?" "Look I need you to talk to her when you're both alone and put a spell so no one hears because we can't let anyone know right now, in case I'm wrong." She nodded her head and kept looking at me, waiting for me to explain. "Last night I had a dream about Malivore kidnapping me and telling me that he is looking for the only weapon that can kill me and then I wake up in my bed. I know I said it was a dream but something is telling me that his plan was to make it seem like a dream. So us three need to keep an eye on Landon and if anything weird happens, you or Josie need to tell me." I guess she had to wrap her head around everything I just said because she sat down on the bed and took her a minute to respond. "Alright, I'll talk to Jo about it and keep an eye on him." "Just make sure no one hears you two talking." "Are you sure it wasn't just a dream?" "No I'm not sure, but I do have a feeling and it's not a good one. Plus, watching him just in case, won't do any harm." "Okay, I'll talk to Jo and we will all figure this out." "Just don't tell anyone else, they may let it slip or it would make it too obvious that we're watching him." Lizzie nodded her head.

    Once we were done with our conversation, I lifted the spell and then left her room. I headed down stairs to meet up with my family. After saying goodbye to everyone, we all headed out to have some good old family bonding time. I can't shake the feeling that I'm getting from that dream. If it really wasn't a dream then I will have to do what I tried to stop the first time.

Lizzie's P.O.V.
    After Hope left, I finished getting ready and headed down to meet with the others. I looked at Landon and wondered if I could notice if anything was off. I couldn't see anything at the moment, but I will keep my eye on him. We don't need more Malivore monsters causing chaos. This must be a lot for Hope right now. First her hunger problem and now Malivore is possibly back. I can't tell anyone but Josie. I guess Hope did have a good reason because if we were all watching him, it would get suspicious. "Elizabeth, are you okay?" I look at my dad and nodded my head. "I'm fine daddy, just thinking." He nodded his head and we all started heading into town.

    After about an hour or so, I ended up losing sight of Landon.. or Malivore? "Hey Jo, did you see where the hobbit went?" I asked her and she looked at me. "Uh no." Before Josie could ask why, I hear Kaleb speak up. "He probably went into that geeky store, he kept going into, everytime we came into town." I needed to tell Josie about Hope and her dream but it had to be a private room, where I could cast the spell where no one would hear us. Which will be hard being in town with crowds of people. I'm sure even the bathrooms would be full. Maybe I can make it work, even with a bunch of people in the bathroom. I knew it had to be sooner than later because if he did disappear, it could possibly be Malivore, planning something. "Hey Jo, I have to use the bathroom, come with me." Before she could say anything, I grab her hand and pull her to the closest bathroom. I closed the door behind us and check under the stalls. I end up seeing some legs but hopefully they're too drunk to even realize what's happening. I quickly put a spell on the bathroom so no one could hear us or come in.

    "Lizzie, what the hell are you doing?" Josie asked, probably because of the spell I just casted. "Look I needed to talk to you as soon as possible and this is the best we got." "Lizzie what's wrong?" "Hope wanted me to talk to you. I'm sure she would've herself but you weren't in the room when she came in to talk. She told me she had a dream about Malivore being back. He kidnapped her and told her that he's looking for the one thing that can kill her." Before I could continue Josie interrupted me. "But if it was just a dream than why are you telling me?" "She's not sure if it's a dream or not. She says she feels like it's not a dream but she's not sure. So if Landon actually is Malivore pretending to be Landon, she wanted us to keep an eye on him." Josie started to look worried. I'm guessing from the idea that if Malivore gets a hold of whatever weapon can kill Hope, that he could end up killing her. "We have to make sure he doesn't find it because we are not losing Hope to him." We? I'm wondering if she actually meant we and not her. "We won't let that happen." "We have to figure out a way of getting rid of him for good and saving Landon. We can't let Hope do it." I knew that since we already tried that before, that it probably wouldn't work and I'm sure Hope realized that too. I knew Josie was protecting Hope but Hope knew what she had to do if it ever came down to it. "Jo, I'm not sure that'll work. We might have to let Hop-" "No Lizzie. Hope is not going to kill Landon. I'm not letting her go through that pain. We have to find another way." "She became the tribrid to do so Jo." "And we found another way of stopping him without hurting Landon before she could kill him, so we can find another way." All she wanted to do was protect Hope. I have never seen her get all protective over anyone else but Hope, not even her own girlfriend. Is there something I haven't seen yet? Does Josie still have feelings for Hope? That crush was years ago so has she been pining all this time without knowing it? Oh my god, I think she has. "I'm sure whatever happens, Hope will handle it. Now we can't say a word to anyone. She thought that if everyone knew and were watching him, it would get suspicious so it's up to us to see if he's actually Malivore. And she wants to know if we notice anything weird." "Like him not being able to be found?" "Right, she probably would want to know that." "And when we get back to her house, we will look through some spell books and find a solution." Josie just won't give up will she? I just nodded my head, knowing she wouldn't stop fighting me about it if I kept going. I lift the spell and then hear the person in the stall, puking into the toilet. "Too much to drink. Good thing they're too drunk to question everything we just said." I said and then walked out with Josie.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I couldn't stop thinking about my dream. I couldn't help but feel like it wasn't a dream but everything that happened made it seem like a dream. One, because Malivore is supposed to be gone. Two, I woke up in my bed after going to sleep. I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid or if Malivore really is back. "Hope?" I was so into my thoughts to even hear them. "Little niece." They kept calling but it was like I was in another world. "Hope!" I hear them all yell and finally snap out of it. "Uh yeah?" I asked and they looked at me concerned. "Hope, is everything alright dear?" My aunt Rebekah asked. If I told them about my dream and Malivore possibly being back, trying to find the only weapon that could kill me, they would probably freak and get all protective family over me. I couldn't let that happen because if it did, I wouldn't be able to stop him and I'm the only one who can. Our plan didn't work before so I know what I would have to do if Malivore is back. The only problem is.. Can I bring myself to kill my boyfriend along with him? "Y-yeah I'm fine. Just lost in thought I guess. But I'm fine." I said and I could tell they were still concerned but they knew I wouldn't go into detail about it so they dropped it.

    After spending the whole day with my family, we headed back home. I needed a day with them, I really did. Even if my mind was elsewhere, I still had fun. After they had asked me if I was alright, I tried my best to focus on them. I did focus on them but my mind did keep drifting. "We definitely needed that." Marcel said as we walked through the front door of the house. "Yeah we did. And we definitely need another day like that again soon." My aunt Freya said. I smiled at all of them. "It's nice being able to spend time like this again. I missed it so much." I said and saw them all smiling. "Well this big house, definitely hasn't been the same without you in it." My aunt Rebekah said and gave me a hug. "I know. But the Salvatore school is my home just as much as this is. But since it's not as crazy at the school anymore, I'm sure I can come visit more often." "You better visit more often. Everyone get in here." My aunt Rebekah said and everyone else came into the hug. "You guys are squeezing me." I said and my uncle chuckled. "If you can beat me in a fight, I'm sure you can handle a bit of squeezing." I rolled my eyes and just enjoyed the moment with my family.

    They all pull away when we hear the door open. "I'm sorry if we're interrupting." Josie said and I turn to see her and Lizzie standing at the door. By the looks on their faces, I could tell they needed to talk to me. "No you're good girls. Just having a good old family hug." Freya said, looking at the twins. "Come on Hope, you can tell me what you think of my new outfits." Lizzie said and that's when I noticed the bags in her hand, but I'm sure it was just an excuse to get me alone. "You girls go have fun." Rebekah said as her and the others walked off.

    Lizzie started walking up the stairs, while Josie and I followed. We walked into my room and closed the door behind us. I hear Josie quickly put a spell on the room so no one could hear us or walk in. "What happened today?" I asked, knowing it had to of been about Landon, if Lizzie told Josie. "Well, we can't find Landon in town." Lizzie said, but Josie stepped in afterwards. "But we still aren't sure if he's actually Malivore. Landon could have just gotten lost in that crowd." "Well he should know how to get back here by now and if he isn't back soon, then we might have our answer." I won't let him hurt anyone else but I have to be certain that he is Malivore before I end up having to kill my boyfriend. "I'm sure he just walked into one of those geek stores and got lost in the crowd, trying to find us." Lizzie said but I still couldn't shake my feeling. I hope my feeling is wrong for once because I don't want to have to kill Landon and lose him once again.

    Once we finished talking, Josie lifted the spell, and Josie and I left the room, while Lizzie dealt with her clothes. "Hope, are you doing okay?" I hear Josie ask. I looked at her and smiled slightly. "Yeah I'm fine." I knew Josie worried, especially now that we knew Malivore could be alive, but I didn't want her to worry because if he was back, I knew what I had to do. I wouldn't let him hurt anyone else. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked and looked at Josie, trying to see if I could see the bite mark on her neck. "It doesn't hurt anymore, does it?" I still hated that I gave in and fed from Josie but I knew that she wouldn't have given it up. "No, not really. Maybe a bit but now it just feels like how a bruise does when you touch it." I'm glad it didn't hurt her anymore. "Are you keeping it well hidden?" I knew her dad and her girlfriend would get pissed if they saw it. "Yeah, so far so good. Hopefully it heals up soon and I won't have to hide it anymore." I hear the front door open from down stairs and gave Josie a look. We both walked to the railing and looked over to see MG and Landon walking in. "Look who I found!" Part of me was relieved but the other part of me was nervous that Landon disappearing was because he was actually Malivore, trying to find the weapon to kill me. I sped down to Landon and stood in front of him. "Where were you? You had me worried sick." I was worried about Landon but at the same time, I was putting up an act to make it seem like I was talking to Landon and had no idea that I could have been talking to Malivore. "I'm fine Hope. I walked into this store and was distracted for awhile until I came out and realized everyone was gone. And as I walked around town, trying to find everyone, I ran into MG and he brought me back." He smiled at me but his smile didn't make me feel any better like it used to. Was it because I was being cautious that he was Malivore or was there more to it? "Thank you MG." "No problem Hope. Goodnight everyone!" He yelled and walked back out to the RV. Josie had come down and smiled at Landon. "I'm glad they found you. I'm going to say goodnight to everyone outside." She said and walked off but turned around to give me a look. I can tell she didn't really trust the story just as much as I didn't. "Come on. We should start heading to bed. We both had long days." I said and smiled at him. I took his hand and walked with him upstairs. He walked me to my room. "Goodnight Hope." "Goodnight Landon." "I hope you sleep well." He said and then I felt his lips press against mine. Something felt off about the kiss but I wasn't sure if it was my suspicions that he was Malivore, or what I had been feeling recently whenever we kissed, which isn't what I used to feel when we kissed. "Sleep well Landon. And try not to get lost in town again." I said and chuckled softly, still trying to hide how suspicious I was of him. He gave me a quick kiss on my head. "I promise I'll try not to get lost again." He said and then walked off towards his room. I waited until he was inside before I walked into my room and closed the door.

    Throughout the whole night, I couldn't sleep. My mind was way too preoccupied. It was preoccupied with the possibility of Malivore being back and everyone I love being in danger, but also trying to figure out if I was hiding something from myself, causing my hunger. Since I couldn't sleep, I got up and started walking around the house. A little wolf run sounds good to me right now. It's been too long since I've done it. I went into the backyard and quickly stripped of my clothes, leaving them on the back porch. I turn into a wolf and start running, making sure to stay out of town.

Josie's P.O.V.
    I look over at Lizzie, who is sound asleep. How can she sleep when finding out that Hope was in danger. If Malivore was back and trying to find the only thing that could kill Hope, then she was in danger. I can't sleep knowing that fact. I get out of bed and walk to the window to look out. I see Hope walking out into the backyard. If she's awake, then that means I don't have to be alone. I quietly leave the room and head down stairs to the backyard.

    Once I got there, Hope was no where around. I noticed a pile of clothes sitting on the porch. Was Hope running around naked?! Then I hear a howl. Hearing that, made me realize that she probably went into wolf form for a run. This all must be getting to her. I know Hope so I know she's probably worried more about us or innocent people getting hurt and not even worried that she could die in that fight. I decided, since I can't sleep, I'll just wait for her to come back and give her some company.

    It seemed like hours had gone by and I kept dozing in and out. Where was she? I hope she's okay. If she doesn't make it back soon, I'm going to have to do a location spell to find her. Eventually I hear rustling. I open my eyes from dozing off and see a beautiful white haired wolf show up in the backyard. It had to of been Hope with how she looked at me. She didn't try to attack or anything so I knew it wasn't just a normal wolf. "Hope?" I asked and the wolf moved closer to me. It lowered it's head in front of me, as if it trusted me. I knew for sure now that this was Hope. I have never seen her wolf form before. Her wolf form was beautiful. She gave me a soft growl and pointed her nose to her clothes. "Oh right, uh sorry!" I turned around and let her get dressed.

    "Okay Jo, you can turn around." I hear her say and I turned around. "What are you doing up?" "I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about you." "What?" She asked and I realized how that sounded. I made sure to whisper this next part in case there were ears listening and I knew she would hear me even if I just mumbled it. "You know about the whole Malivore thing and the possibility that you could be ki-" Huh, just like Hope, I couldn't say the word when it concerned her. After saying that, Hope looked a bit disappointed. Did she want me to be thinking about her randomly and not just because she was in danger? "Jo, I'll be fine. I can handle it." Her words were saying one thing but I could tell she was a bit scared. "Why are you up?" I asked and sat on the porch steps and left room for her to sit. She sat next to me and I could hear her sigh. "Same thing as you but also that thing my uncle said. I can't figure out anything that I could be hiding from myself but I can't stop thinking if he's right." "I mean it is hard to believe you, the tribrid, is having hunger problems." I knew she wouldn't stop thinking about this until she knew for sure if she was hiding something from herself. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Hope. You're smart." I see her smile at me and it gave me a warm feeling. Why do I always feel this way around Hope? "How about we try to go get some rest?" I asked, looking at Hope. It was as if I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. If Lizzie saw, I'm sure she'd make a crack about me being obsessed with Hope like she did when I had a crush on her, but that was over with. Am I obsessed with Hope? No, not possible. Although the way she looked with the moon shining on her, she looked almost mesmerizing. "Yeah, we probably should. Knowing my uncle, he'll probably have a lot for me to do tomorrow with my lesson." "You mean if he doesn't make you have another rematch to see who's stronger?" I said and I hear her chuckle. "Yeah he should've learnt his lesson by now but he is stubborn." "Well at least it runs in the family." I teased, knowing Hope could be very stubborn at times. She gasped and looked at me. "Oh shut up." We both laughed. We haven't gotten to have a moment, alone, like this since that day in the town center where she accidentally poked herself. With everything that went on afterwards, it was hard to have a moment like this. I missed having a moment like this with her. Any moment that we did have that were mainly more serious or because one of us was under a spell, like that time that weird slug got into our minds and she hugged me. I smiled slightly thinking about my hugs with Hope. Why did they have this effect on me? "You know, you can be pretty stubborn too." I hear her say, taking me away from my thoughts. "Not as stubborn as you." She rolled her eyes at me and gently pushed me. I gently pushed her back. "You sure you wanna fight the tribrid?" She said, glaring into my eyes, as if she was ready to fight, but I knew she was joking. "I'm not afraid of you." I said and glared back into her eyes. Eventually our glaring into each other's eyes, turned softer. Why was I fixated on her eyes.. her beautiful eyes? Was I getting lost in them? I could see her eyes didn't leave mine and were softer than I've ever seen her eyes. What is happening right now? Her eyes got closer. Did I move closer or did she.. or did we both move closer? My eyes glanced down to her lips but back to her eyes, just in time to see her eyes move up to meet mine. Did she look down as well? Was she looking at my lips? "What are you two doing up?" I hear her aunt ask and I looked away quickly, blushing from what just happened. "Uh, we couldn't sleep aunt Freya. So we were just talking and enjoying the night sky." I hear Hope say to her aunt. "Well you girls should get to bed and try to sleep. It's late." Her aunt said and I hear her walk back inside. Why was her aunt up this late, I wonder but it wasn't my business. This was her house and she was an adult so she can do whatever she wants. "I guess she's right." I hear Hope say after clearing her throat. I look back at Hope and see that she had stood up and was holding her hand out to me. I grab her hand and stood up. "Yeah I guess so." Did Freya just stop a moment, one I never thought I would have with Hope? It was like I wanted to kiss her. Did I want to kiss Hope? Was I going to kiss her?! I can't be thinking this way. But her lips were stuck in my mind and I couldn't get them out.

    We headed back into the house and upstairs. She stopped at my room and looked at me. "Goodnight Jo." She said and smiled at me. Why did I get the feeling she felt a bit awkward, as well as me? I hope that we don't get awkward around eachother after tonight because I don't want to lose Hope for any reason. "Goodnight Hope." I said and my shifted to her lips again. They looked so perfect and I for some reason wanted to finish the puzzle by connecting our lips, to see if they fit perfectly together. I can't be thinking like this! Why am I thinking like this in the first place?! "Uh, see you in the morning." She said and looked up at her and noticed she had been distracted. Was she having the same problem I was having? No, there's no way Hope would ever think of me this way. But the real question was, why was I? "Uh, yeah." I said and watched her walk off towards her room. I couldn't take my eyes off of her until I couldn't see her anymore, because she walked into her room. I groan softly and walked into my room, making sure to be quiet so I don't wake Lizzie because she would ask questions. Did that just happen? And why is Hope and her lips all I could think about? Is there something wrong with me or is my feelings for Hope still there?

Hope's P.O.V.
    What was that just now? Did Josie and I have a moment just now? And not just any normal moment but the kind of moment where it leads to being more than friends. I lay in my bed, not able to stop thinking about Josie. Did I really look at her lips and move closer to her or am I imagining things? I felt like kissing her. Why did I feel like kissing her? Would I have kissed her if aunt Freya didn't interrupt us? I haven't had feelings for Josie since we were fourteen. Have they come back? Or did they ever leave me? I have to be imagining all of this. But why would I be imagining these things with Josie? What the hell is going on with me? I can't get Josie or her lips out of my head! And her eyes. Wow her eyes were breathtaking. I think I got lost in them for a moment. Hope Andrea Mikaelson! Stop thinking about Josie this way! I was beating myself up over this. Could this be what I'm hiding from myself? Do I actually have feelings for Josie Saltzman?

Author; I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who votes and comments on my story. It shows me that at least someone is liking my story. I had an idea to do this story and I can't believe it's getting so many reads. Thank you! I really appreciate it. When I finish this story, if everyone really does like it, I may come up with a new idea for a Hosie story. But in meantime, I hope you all enjoy! And have a happy Holiday everyone! I won't be updating again until possibly next week or the week after because I want to spend the holidays with my family. I will be writing more but I might not finish the next chapter to update until next week or the next. Again happy Holidays everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 16 15
WARNING. CONTAINS SMUT. DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SMUT. (I do not own legacies or any of the characters in this story. I only own this storyline) ...
114K 2.7K 20
Hopes Humanity was gone. Yet it was close to returning. What if Rebekah finally revealed the truth to the Tribrid. And what if that truth. Was the...
68.7K 1.7K 27
Follows Hope as she returns Mystic Falls, 7 months after The Originals finale. Please read, I'm terrible at descriptions, but I feel like this turned...
2.6K 107 8
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't take place in any of the seasons of Legacies. Hope became a tribrid, a...