Shigaraki Adopts a Child

By november_june

when sent grocery shopping, Tomura Shigaraki didn't expect to come back home with a little girl! Oh no, guess... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
17
18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 3

948 34 37
By november_june

Kurogiri was shocked to hear about Tori remembering something. It was the afternoon, and Kurogiri was interrogating Shigaraki about his broken records. "My my, this is quite troublesome, it would've been best if she didn't remember anything about her past." Kurogiri shook his head and looked at the ground. Tori was still asleep in Shigaraki's room, they could only get her to move to his bed before she slipped into a deeper sleep.

"What were you able to gather while you were gone?" Shigaraki asked. "Not much, with little information about Tori Hana. But I did get someone with more skill in that area to get the information we need. The only good news I have for you is that no one is looking for her, and the doctor should be coming today at six." Kurogiri reported.

Shigaraki sipped his soda. "Good, good, after the check-up we'll have some company over. I don't trust them since they're just pawns, so after her appointment let's keep the girl in your room." Shigaraki said. Kurogiri nodded and left to wake up Tori for the day.

Tori came running down, hair still uncombed. "Kurogiri said I get a quirk test! Is that true, Shigaraki?" She was jumping around Shigaraki as he finished his soda. "Yeah, sure. Just don't cry if you have to get any shots." He grumbled. Her smile faded. "SHOTS?! Kurogiri didn't say anything about that!" She tugged on his shirt.

"Hey stop that!" Shigaraki snapped as he attempted to pry off the girl's iron grip, careful not to use all five fingers. The girl stopped and looked up, tears stopped. "Hey, you never told me what your quirk was. I've seen Kurogiri's warp-gate, lemme see yours!" Tori begged. Children can be so odd! One minute she was crying now she was wanting to see his quirk?

"Fine, you see this soda bottle?" Shigaraki said as he held his now empty soda bottle with two fingers in front of Tori as she nodded her head enthusiastically. "Now wach it when I put all five fingers on it." Shigaraki mesmerized Tori as he lay one finger at a time onto the bottle. It disintegrated into dust quickly after he set his pinky on it. Tori inspected the dust over the counter in awe.

"So cool! No wonder you are so careful with your hands! But what if you turned stuff into dust with your feet? Would that mean you couldn't wear shoes? Would that mean you would have to walk on you hands?!" The girl overwhelmed Shigaraki with stupid questions like when she found out Kurogiri's quirk. "You're really interested in quirks, aren't you? Aren't you a bit scared that I might accidentally touch you with all five fingers and turn you into dust? Aren't you scared how easily I can decay things?" Shigaraki asked, taking off his hand on his face to show his seriousness.

"No, you are probably are really careful to not be decaying things all the time. If I had that quirk everything around me would turn to dust!" Tori said as she climbed down from the tall bar stool. Shigaraki looked at the girl in shock, though kept his poker face. "Hm. Guess your right. Go on now, Tori, you still need to comb you hair before the doctor arrives." Shigaraki said as he turned his back from Tori and at the bar counter. Then he heard a chuckle.

"What now, why are you looking at me like that?" Shigaraki grunted. Tori kept of chuckling. "My name, you said it. You haven't said it since you gave it to me." Tori said with the biggest, cheesiest smile on her face. Shigaraki frowned and put his hand back on to shield his embarrassment. "I-I've said your name before, now move it! Your hair looks like a rat's nest!" Shigaraki scolded as he waved his hand for her to go. Tori skipped to the bathroom, smile still on her face.

~

The girl's hair was a beast not even Kurogiri could tame. Shigaraki walked past to see Kurogiri trying to get the comb out if the child's hair, Tori trying to keep back her tears.

"Tomura Shigaraki, I'm sorry, I've failed to untangle Tori Hana's hair. I've broke two combs, lost three in her hair, and used a whole bottle if detangler spray, I'm not sure what to do." Kurogiri said, keeping his stress from showing. Shigaraki sighed and slouched even more. How and why did they have so many combs?! Then smiled as an idea hit him.

"I could decay the knots, though it wouldn't leave much hair." Shigaraki sneered as he jokenly reached his hand towards the girl's hair. "NO! NOT MY HAIR!" Tori yelled as she put her hand on her head.

" I'm sorry, Tori Hana, but we'll have to take you to a salon." Kurogiri said as he stood up. "Salon?" Tori questioned as she cocked her head to the side. Shigaraki chuckled a raspy chuckle. "That means you're getting your hair cut!" He said humorously, laughing at how Tori's eyes widened.

"Oh stop it, we just need a professional to get the monster of a mess all cleaned up." Kurogiri reosured. Tori was still in shock. "Liar! They're going to cut off all my hair! I don't wanna go!" Tori pouted as she attempted to run out of the bathroom, but Shigaraki blocked the door.

"Come on, it'll grow back! Don't be such a coward!" Shigaraki said coaxed as Tori continued to whine and yap about how much she hated the idea of cutting her hair. "Kurogiri, why can't you just warp her there, it'll be easier for you." Shigaraki complained.

"Sir, it's because you have to take her. I have to make preparations for our guests this evening." Kurogiri explained. Shigaraki scoffed. "WHAT?! I don't wanna take this brat! Look at her, listen to her, she is so annoying and loud!" Shigaraki stressed. Kurogiri shook his head. "I'll do it, if you're willing to clean my room for Tori Hana and the bar." Kurogiri tried to compromise.

~

Shigaraki felt out of place now that he had the teary child with him. It made him more suspicious as he had to grip onto her hand so she wouldn't run away. The only comfort he had was the mask on his face. They approached the salon. Ugh, so bright, so noisy! It made him feel more out of place. He stepped up to the lady at the front desk.

"Are you here for a skin cleanser? Hair cut perhaps? Maybe a nice relaxing massage to straighten that tense back of yours?" The lady at the desk asked with a smile. Shigaraki was pisses, but didn't feel like making a scene, he just wanted to get the kid's hair combed and leave. "Uh- I'm here to get this little girl's hair combed." Shigaraki said, not bothering holding back the anger and annoyance in his voice. He held up Tori to let the lady get a good look at the situation. "Oh my! That does look bad! I'll get her in at the soonest opening!" The lady said as she quickly turned to her computer and started to rapidly type.

Shigaraki stood there, tiered and uncomfortable. "Um, sir, you can sit over there as you wait. I'll call you once they're ready." The lady said as she tried to hide her unease of Shigaraki's stare. Shigaraki nodded and plopped onto a chair in the corner.

As they waited, another worker approached the desk and started to gossip with each other a little too loud.

"Hey, you see that guy over there that looks like he needs to bathe in lotion?" The lady at the desk said to her friend, who unsuccessfully tried to discreetly look back at him.

"Yeah, looks pretty young if you ignore the bad skin, what about him?" The guy chuckled.

"Well, that's the thing, doesn't he look too young to have a kid?" The lady said in her loud whisper.

"Oh my! You're right, guess some just can't use protection!" They both laughed at the harsh joke. Shigaraki gripped the chair, his blood boiling at such judgmental accusations.

They waited for a half an hour until they called for Tori. "Shigaraki, can you come with me to make sure they don't cut off my hair?" Tori asked, nervously hanging onto his shirt. She had calmed down a lot over the time they waited. "Fine, just don't cry like a baby, it's annoying." Shigaraki grumbled. He didn't want to wait in the same room as the lady at the desk without Tori, or they would have to make a quick getaway.

The woman combing Tori's hair was struggling even after soaking it in water. It was getting close to four thirty and Shigaraki was growing impatient.

"I'm sorry sir, but I only managed to get out the three combs out and that's about it." The hair stylist apologized while bowing. Tori was near tears, she didn't whine or cry, she only whimpered and teared up.

"I'll have to get are best stylest, so you'll have to wait for a moment, apologies." The lady said as she bowed and rushed out of the room.

The lady came back with none other than Best Jeanist. Shigaraki frowned, it was luckily shielded with his mask. "Hello, I'm the owner of this establishment, what is the problem here- OH! OH DEAR!" Best Jeanist cut himself off at the sight of the girl's hair. Shigaraki stayed silent.

"I-I tried my best Best Jeanist sir! I got three combs out but that's all I could manage." The stylist explained once more. Best Jeanist gathered himself together and smoothed out is already perfect hair. Shigaraki awkwardly stood aside, avoiding eye contact with the hero.

"Give me our best comb, brush, and a lot of detangler spray." He requested, resting his hand on his hip. Shigaraki looked to the ground, not sure what to do in font of his enemy.

Tori shook in her chair. "It's fine, dear, I'll make the process real quick and painless." Jeanist comforted. That should've been Shigaraki comforting her like a good caretaker. But it was just too awkward, an enemy, right in front of him, helping out his kid- wait, what was he even thinking? The girl wasn't his kid- she was just some brat that happened to follow him home! Yes, he has no need for the kid, no attachment, no need to feel helpless in front of this hero! Shigaraki could do anything he want, even if that meant killing the he-

"Hey, Shigaraki! Look! My hair is all combed now and it's even really soft!" Tori snapped Shigaraki back into reality. "H-huh?" Shigaraki simply blinked and looked up to see Tori smiling, hair combed, and Best Jeanist hiding his relief that the rat's nest was taken down. Then Jeanist approached Shigaraki. He was tall compared to Shigaraki, who was slouched.

"I've never had such a challenge in a while, I would be glad to have this one on the house. And please, take this, and I suggest keeping her hair up in nice braids." He advised as he handed Shigaraki a purple brush. Shigaraki simply nodded and ushered Tori to follow him.

"Thanks mister!" Tori called to the hero as she ran to catch up with Shigaraki. She grabbed his sleeve to make sure he didn't walk too fast. It wasn't until he felt the breeze outside that he realized he was sweating, guess it was a little too warm with his coat and jacket on.

They came back at the bar at five forty-five. Kurogiri had his fists on his hips. "What took so long? Was it really that hard of a job?" He relaxed when he saw Tori's neatly combed hair. "Anyways, glad it was taken care of. Welcome back Tomura Shigaraki and Tori Hana." Kurogiri greeted. Shigaraki gave Kurogiri the purple brush, grumbled something inaudible, and headed straight for his room. Kurogiri shrugged it off and set the brush aside. He leaned over to Tori's hight and asked Tori how it went at the salon.

"It was great! A hero who happened to be the owner combed my hair and it didn't hurt at all!" Tori told Kurogiri of how the first stylist couldn't comb her hair and how much it hurt and how the hero Best Jeanist combed her hair, making it look almost effortlessly while keeping it painless. Kurogiri was shocked to hear about the number four hero combing her hair and wondered if that was the reason Shigaraki was upset.

"Great to hear you had fun, Tori Hana. Now, let me get you some juice while we wait for the doctor to arrive." Kurogiri answered.

They waited for a little while, but as soon as the clock struck six the door opened and the doctor came in. The doctor was short and on the heavier side, he had a bushy grey mustache and big green goggles. Tori then remembered Shigaraki's comment on possibly having to get shots and panicked.

"Y-you're not going to give me shots, are you?" Tori asked shyly. She hid behind Kurogiri. The man smiled. "Sorry kid but I'll have to give you just one flue shot. That's all, though." The doctor explained. Tori hid behind Kurogiri even more.

"Don't worry, Tori Hana, you're in good hands, this man here is a really good doctor." Kurogiri comforted, patting the girl's head. Tori slowly got out from Kurogiri's shadow and sat on the bar stool. The doctor set down his case.

The check-up was very basic, and Tori was brave when she got her shot. All that was left was to see what kind of quirk she would get. The doctor took x-rays of the girl's foot with his portable x-ray. He quickly took a blood sample when Tori was caught off guard.

"Hey! You said no more shots!" Tori complained. "Sorry, that one is easier to get when patients are distracted." The doctor explained as he bandaged up Tori's arm.

"I'll send results by tomorrow!" The doctor said to Kurogiri as he walked out the door.

The rest of the day was spent in Kurogiri's room for Tori, later Kurogiri came to check on her and put her to bed. Tori didn't want to fall asleep, excited to here about her quirk the next day, and because the loud commotion coming from the bar, she didn't know Shigaraki and Kurogiri had so many friends.

~

It was the next day, Kurogiri left to receive the results. And Tori and Shigaraki waited, Tori eagerly, Shigaraki patiently. When Kurogiri opened the door Tori rushed to him. Kurogiri looked so shocked, but Tori didn't take notice.

"What is it? Tell me! Tell me! Oh please tell me!" Tori begged. Kurogiri let Shigaraki look at the results first. His mood darkened too. Tori stopped, her face stiffened.

"What... What is it?" She asked, voice shaking.

Shigaraki was the one to answer.

"Tori... You're quirkless."

~Thank you for reading!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.7K 25
γ€ŠClean Up Process: Completed [ Started:9.12.21 Ended:9.22.21]》 You were a well known florist that had a successful flower shop, children of all...
93.8K 3.4K 39
Tomura Shigaraki x Original Female Character ____________ At the age of eighteen, an orphaned Mina is welcomed into the yakuza group, the Shie Hassai...
218 0 19
A random idea I had. Still working on it, but it's coming together nicely! If you like My Hero Academia, you'll definitely like this book! At least...
7.7K 205 33
(BEING REWRITTEN I FOUND WEIRD SIMILARITIES TO ANOTHER STORY AND MY WRITING IS SLOPPY)You notice a man following you wherever you go. but one day, he...