Friendship with the Potions M...

By Yan_Senna

Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N... More

Introduction
Year 1 Part 1 (chapter 1)
Year 1 Part 2 (chapter 2)
Year 1 Part 3 (chapter 3)
Year 1 Part 4 (chapter 4)
Year 1 Part 5 (chapter 5)
End of Year 1 (chapter 6)
Year 2 Part 1 (chapter 7)
Year 2 Part 2 (chapter 8)
Year 2 Part 3 (chapter 9)
End of Year 2 (chapter 10)
Year 3 Part 1 (chapter 11)
Year 3 Part 2 (chapter 12)
Year 3 Part 3 (chapter 13)
Year 3 Part 4 (chapter 14)
Year 3 Part 5 (chapter 15)
End of Year 3 (chapter 16)
Year 4 Part 1 (chapter 17)
Year 4 Part 2 (chapter 18)
Year 4 Part 3 (chapter 19)
Year 4 Part 4 (chapter 20)
Year 4 Part 5 (chapter 21)
End of Year 4 (chapter 22)
Year 5 Part 2 (chapter 24)
Year 5 Part 3 (chapter 25)
Year 5 Part 4 (chapter 26)
Year 5 Part 5 (chapter 27)
End of Year 5 (chapter 28)
Year 6 Part 1 (chapter 29)
Year 6 Part 2 (chapter 30)
Year 6 Part 3 (chapter 31)
Year 6 Part 4 (chapter 32)
Year 6 Part 5 (chapter 33)
End of Year 6 (chapter 34)
Year 7 Part 1 (chapter 35)
Year 7 Part 2 (chapter 36)
Year 7 Part 3 (chapter 37)
Year 7 Part 4 (chapter 38)
End of Year 7 (chapter 39)
Three Months Later (chapter 40)
Thank You
New Story: The Long Lost Princess!
One Shot: A Day in Their Married Life
One Shot: Honeymoon
One Shot: Surprise
One Shot: Toddler Daughter
New Story: Capture Bonding!
One Shot: We Got You
One Shot: At the Zoo
One Shot: Severus Snape's Memories
One Shot: How She Fell in Love with the Potions Master
One Shot: Daughter's Boyfriend
Author's Note
New Story: Lonely Man!
One Shot: Rictusempra!

Year 5 Part 1 (chapter 23)

4.5K 153 156
By Yan_Senna

Author's note:
Let's (not) welcome the toad!🐸
———————————————

Word count: 1.8k
Warning: Mentions of death

Severus is in his private home in Spinner's End, pacing around in the small living room.

He still can't get over the fact that Y/L/N's father is a Death Eater. As well as the fact that it was the Dark Lord who killed her mother, all because of her father's recklessness!

How could he even think of leaving the Dark Lord without any consequences? All because he didn't want a child to die.

Well, he made sure his own child lost her mother.

Severus still can't believe he forgot that night...

He then huffs. Speaking of Y/F/N Y/L/N, the coward left Malfoy Manor immediately once the meeting was over before Severus could question him.

Severus sighs before sitting down on his couch, taking a sip of his firewhiskey. Y/L/N has probably no idea that her father is serving the Dark Lord.

It suddenly hits him what Moody- Barty Crouch Jr. meant.

"You don't know him at all" he told the girl. He said it so harshly, which has to be because of her father's disloyalty to the Dark Lord. He did after all want to leave him, which Crouch Jr. most likely didn't like.

The Potions Master sighs in frustration. He's dreading the coming years now that You-Know-Who has returned...
______________________________

A little over two months later, the new school year at Hogwarts begins. Everybody is gathered in the Great Hall, cheering as the last first-year is sorted.

Once that student is sitting down on their seat, everybody diverts their attention to the Headmaster.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave," Albus states as everybody starts whispering.

Ah, yes. The half-giant is currently on a secret mission for the Order of Phoenix.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher - Professor Dolores Umbridge" he says as he gestures to the woman dressed in all pink.

Severus and Minerva aren't even hiding their disgust for this woman.

The Potions Master huffs. Why does he always have to sit next to the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher?

The pink-dressed woman laughs, and it's a horrible, little girl-like laugh.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our Caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Albus continues just as he's being interrupted by Umbridge giving her annoying laugh once more.

The Headmaster looks confused and surprised. Nobody usually interrupts him.

The annoying woman rises from her seat. Severus sighs in annoyance. Great, she's going to give a speech.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling at me" Umbridge says, giving an exaggerated smile as she looks at all the students' emotionless faces.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends" she says, still wearing that exaggerated smile.

"That's likely" the Weasley twins say in unison, sarcastically. The woman ignores them.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school... Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... Perfect what can be perfected... And prune practises that ought to be prohibited" she states as she finally ends her speech, laughing once again.

As she sits down on her seat, the Headmaster reluctantly claps, still looking shocked. The students reluctantly clap with him.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating. Anyway, I must remind you that magic is forbidden in the corridors. That is all, thank you" Albus says as he sits down.

Everybody starts digging into their meal. Severus barely eats anything as he has lost his appetite since he has to sit next to the clearly pink-obsessed woman.

Minerva leans close to him. "I can't believe her! How dare she interrupt Albus like that? What a toad" she whispers to him, sounding irritated.

Severus smirks. A toad, yes. That's a good description of her face. The pink-obsessed toad.

"Indeed, what a toad" he says, agreeing with her. They both snort at the nickname.

Umbridge gives a confused look. Yet, she's still wearing that ridiculous, exaggerated smile. "What's so funny, Minerva?" she asks.

The Head of Gryffindor clears her throat. "Oh, I was just telling Severus a joke" she explains.

Severus nods. "Yes, it was about a toad..." he states.

The two Head of Houses chuckle while Umbridge's face turns red from anger. She huffs, continuing to eat her meal.

Severus and Minerva share a knowing look. They are definitely going to have fun talking about the toad behind her back.
______________________________

A few days later, Severus is sitting at his desk in the Potions classroom. As he is a Head of House, he has to have a mandatory talk with all of his fifth-year Slytherins about what they want to do once they leave Hogwarts.

Once Crabbe finally leaves, the Head of Slytherin sighs in relief. Just two more to go, and then he can start grading papers. Great.

Next up is his Godson - Draco Malfoy. He gestures for the boy to sit on the chair in front of him.

"So, Draco. What does the wealthy boy want to do once he leaves Hogwarts?" he questions, smirking.

Draco huffs. "I don't need to work, I can live off my family's money" the boy points out.

Severus sighs. The boy is correct, but they still need to have this talk.

"Is there truly nothing you want to do, huh?" Severus asks, raising an eyebrow.

The boy thinks for a while. "Well, I am interested in Alchemy, so perhaps becoming an alchemist" he says.

His Head of House nods at that. The boy is skilled in Potions after all, so it would make sense.

Severus then clears his throat. "How did your summer go?" he asks, hoping the boy knows what he's referring to.

Draco sighs, looking distressed. "Terrible. We can't have Y/N over as long as he is staying at the manor" he tells him, referring to the Dark Lord.

"She has no idea, has she?" he questions, though having a guess to the answer.

And he's right.

"Absolutely no idea. Her father refuses to tell her. He says if we do, she will have to know how her mother died, and he doesn't want that either" Draco explains.

Severus looks surprised by that. "So you know, huh?" he asks. He wonders how long he has known.

The boy slowly nods. "Yeah, Father told me two years ago. He didn't want to tell me before as he was afraid I was going to blurt it out and tell her" he says, crossing his arms.

He looks rather offended that his father didn't trust him with the secret much earlier.

The Potions Master chuckles. "Well, I believe that was a wise idea. Now, why don't you leave so I can talk with Y/L/N? I do have plenty of papers to grade afterwards" he tells him, ignoring the glares from the boy.

Huffing, Draco rises from his seat as he leaves the classroom.

A few seconds later, Y/L/N enters. "Hello, professor" she says as she greets him, shyly smiling at him.

"Hello, Ms. Y/L/N" Severus replies as he gestures for her to sit down in front of him. She immediately does so.

He clears his throat. "So, what do you want to do once you graduate from Hogwarts?" he asks her, looking curious.

Her grades are excellent, she has gotten Outstanding in all of her exams so far. She can become anything she wants.

"I would like to become a healer, sir. I have wanted that for a while" she tells him.

Severus looks intrigued by that. He remembers that time she healed his arm in her third year after Lupin attacked him in his werewolf form. She did an excellent job.

"I think that would suit you, Y/L/N. You do have what it takes. Potions and Herbology do seem to be your favourite subjects, and both will be quite useful in that profession" he states.

Y/L/N nods as she listens, smiling at him.

As he looks at her, he can't help but think about her family. How her mother died by the hands of the Dark Lord, how her father is keeping secrets from her...

He feels sorry for her, and Severus Snape usually doesn't feel sorry for anybody.

The girl gives him a concerned look. "Are you all right, sir?" she questions.

He coughs a few times. "Yes, don't worry, Y/L/N. I'm just stressed about grading papers, that's all" he says.

It's not completely a lie, but it's not exactly the whole truth either.

"I can help you if you want. What year is it?" she asks, offering to help her Head of House.

He grabs the big stack of papers. "They are third-year assignments. It should be easy for you, but you don't have to. I understand if you would rather spend time with your friends" he says, expecting her to agree with him.

But she doesn't.

"I would love to help you, sir. You are after all my-" she says just as she stops.

He raises an eyebrow. "I'm your what, Y/L/N?" he questions, wondering what she was about to say.

She blushes. "You are my Head of House after all, so it's only fair that I help you" she states.

Severus has a feeling that's not what she meant, but he shrugs it off and nods nonetheless.

"Very well. Would you be fine with half?" he asks.

Y/L/N nods as she grabs half of the stack. Severus levitates a quill into her hand before they start grading in comfortable silence.

It usually takes the Potions Master a while to grade the papers, but with Y/L/N's help, they are done in no time.

"That's the last one" she states once she's finished with her half. Severus is finished, too.

"Well done, Y/L/N. I couldn't have done it as fast without you. I do appreciate your help" he says, thanking her.

The girl smiles. "Anytime, professor. It was actually kind of fun" she says, chuckling.

She then notices the time. "Oh, I should probably head back to the common room. See you, sir" she says as she waves before leaving the Potions classroom.

Once she has left, Severus sighs in relief as he looks at the graded stack of papers. He's really grateful that she chose to help him instead of being with her fellow classmates.

He however can't help but feel a bit guilty. It probably would have been better for her if she spent more time with her friends instead of her Head of House.

He's sure that she won't choose him over them all the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 594 11
The war is finally over - the Dark Lord is dead. Everybody is moving on with their lives. Well, everyone except for Severus Snape. He won't admit it...
4.1K 135 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...
38.9K 1.2K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
4.7K 186 28
SeverusSnapeXReader Yes it's 2023 and I'm writing a fanfic for Severus Snape, so what? --------- Seventh Year in Hogwarts, the storyline starts earl...