cross my heart | ONGOING

By stcrcrvssed

stcrcrvssed 2021© the oberois, shergills and khans have been close as they come. surviving every thing that w... More

characters (oberois)
characters (shergills)
characters (khans)
'ze kids
one | new beginnings
two | takkar ki feelings!
three | deja vu?! part 1
three | deja vu?! part 2
four (a) | opposites interact
four (b) | opposites interact
chapter 5 | family or work trip?
six | baba or baby?
seven | flight fiasco
eight | secret's out
songs of the story
nine | the reveal
ten | worth the chance
eleven | the way downhill
twelve | the beast within
thirteen | the little secret
fourteen | bound by the heart
fifteen | allies of allies
sixteen | what are the odds?
seventeen | till i fall
eighteen | the beast's wrath
nineteen | a brighter future
twenty | a beautiful disaster
twenty-two | expect the unexpected
twenty-three | read my mind
twenty-four | cut the strings
twenty-five | kill the players
twenty-six | change the name
twenty-seven | flip the mirror
twenty-eight | thank you, mr. oberoi
twenty-nine | straight to hell
thirty | keep talking

twenty-one | two can play the game

347 30 2
By stcrcrvssed

[a/n: listen to cruel summer by taylor swift, to set a better mood :)))) also not proofread so ignore mistakes!!!!]

Jaijeet's Pov

"Uth Na! Jai! Wake Up!" Someone said. Scratch that, not someone, Sidd Bhai said. "He's not waking up, what do I do?" He asks someone. When I'm about to open my eyes, someone splashes a whole glass of water on me. What?

Jaijeet's Pov Ends

Siddharth's Pov

"What?" Jai says, as Nakchadi throws a whole glass of water on him. "Why did you throw a glass of water on him?" I said. "You sprinkle water when someone doesn't wake up right?" Nachkadi said. "You sprinkle the water, you don't throw a glass full of water on the poor person." "I just quickened the process. When you sprinkle water on the person, they flutter they're eyes, stretch a little slowly open their eyes and then get up. This way they jump awake. See." She points at Jai who looks like someone stole his black coffee.

"You weren't waking up so we-" I was saying when Nakchadi interrupted me. "We dumped-" I glare at her. "I dumped a glass of water on you."

Siddharth's Pov Ends

Jaijeet's Pov

Sidd Bhai and Avneet Di launch into another argument when I was searching for Reem. She was standing in the corner of the room silently. Her and silent were two words that should never be in the same sentence. Apparently Bhai and Di were so involved in their argument that they didn't even notice when I got up and left to go to Reem who locked eyes with me instantly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked her. "Like what?" She asks as she's genuinely confused.

"Like you care about me."
"I care about you."
"You never show that."
"There are things beyond what you can see. But you wouldn't understand because you're an idiot."
"Hey that was rude."
"Life is rude. What will you do about it?"

Jaijeet's Pov Ends

Outsider Pov

"Okay shut up you guys!" Vaishnavi said coming inside the room, annoyed by SidNeet and JaiReem's banter. All of them were quick to actually be quiet now.

"Finger on your lips." She said further. Avneet and JaiReem quietly obeyed while Siddharth still looked at her questioningly. She glared at him and he followed suit. "Now that I can finally talk, let's come to the topic. I have an engagement at six so I'll be leaving in two hours and I'm going to get ready. You have the house to you for some time and then Anu will come get you for whatever she help she needs to set up Riyaz's surprise. Understood?" Vaishnavi finished. All of them nodded they're heads together.

"Act civil and dont accidentally kill each other. Our parents will be coming to the party directly. Okay?" She asked again. "We'll be fine, Di." Avneet said in a sheepish tone. "As much as I don't want to trust you I'm going to. Please don't accidentally set the house on fire." "We're not kids, Di." " To me you'll always be babies." "Go get ready aren't you late?" "Yes I'm leaving."

Vaishnavi turned to leave and stopped right at the door. "And boys? don't call your brother." She said as she walked off. Avneet, Jaijeet and Reem looked at each other with wide eyes and a teasing smile, still with a finger on their lips. Siddharth was just shocked and also had a finger on his lips. What was this about?

Outsider Pov Ends

Abhishek's Pov

Apocalypse would've been better. What was I supposed to wear? Not like we decided a theme, and it's just hanging out so it really shouldn't be so damn hard to decide. I watched the wardrobe for a few more minutes and then I gave up.

Should I cancel? No. Ms. Shergill will feel bad. What if she- Wait! Since when do I care? Ms. Shergill and I are just friends. Yes. Just Friends.

ONE ETERNITY LATER

I finally decided an outfit. Wasn't that hard really. Ms. Shergill has an excellent choice I'll have to admit. Five minutes and she was able to decide a good outfit. Yes I asked her to choose an outfit to go out with her. But that's because we're going to the party directly after and she'd have a better idea of a less formal dress code. That is exactly why.

Abhishek's Pov Ends

Vaishnavi's Pov

My boss is a dork. At first when he called me I thought he was going to cancel. Turns out he has issues in coordinating outfits. Being the amazing PA and friend I am, I obviously helped him pick. Abhishek sir is so cute when he- Wait what? When did sadu, akdu and bedil Oberoi become cute? Before I came up with a list I went on to get ready. Today was going to be interesting.

I quickly got in my car and went to the Oberois' Villa. Anushka greeted me. "You're very early Vaishu Di. We don't start till another hour." "I'm here to pick your brother. Is he ready?" "I don't know, but I can call him." "I'll get him. Also, Avi, Reem and the boys are at our villa, you can get them whenever you need help. Okay?" She hugs me tight and I hug her back tighter.

Vaishnavi's Pov Ends

Abhishek's Pov

Princess was hugging Ms. Shergill when I came to meet her. Ms. Shergill is never like this around me. She's always professional and collected. Am I too strict? Maybe I am.

"Thank you so much, Di. You're the best." Princess said, still hugging her. Ms. Shergill comes out of the hug and cups Princess' face in her hands. "You've been preparing so much for today. Grill them all you want and complete your surprise. Call me if they throw a tantrum. Okay?" Ms. Shergill said. Princess nods and smiles. "We'll be back in some time. Still if you need us to come home early just call me." "Have fun Di. I won't disturb you and Bhai." "I know you won't unless you need to, I'm just letting you know that you absolutely can." Princess nods again her smile still bright.

Ms. Shergill treats Princess like her sisters. With the same compassion and warmth, she's just so perfect with everyone. Always knows what to say, always calm and collected and she still manages to live. How does she do that?

I started walking to them and then Princess tapped Ms. Shergill's shoulder and she turned around. Oh My God.

Ms. Shergill looked like she never does. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was open, she was wearing a dress, an absolutely gorgeous one. I never had the time to notice just how pretty she is. I could watch her for hours and I'd still want to continue.

Princess was snapping her fingers in front of my face and Ms. Shergill was standing beside her waving her hand in front of my face. "Hello! Bhai! What are you thinking?" Princess says, still snapping her fingers. "It's nothing, Princess." I said, coming out of my daze. What is happening to me?

"Are you fine? You were out for a solid minute?" Ms. Shergill asked. "Totally fine." I replied. "Okay so you guys have fun and come back, on time." Princess said walking off to her room. "We will." Ms. Shergill yells from behind, Princess showing her thumb for acknowledgement while still going.

"Shall we?" Ms. Shergill asks me. "We shall." I reply walking with her. We got to the car, and she opened the door for me, gesturing to get in. "You're driving?" I ask her. "Yes. Who else will?" She answers like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I always drive." She adds. "That's when we're boss and employee. Right now, we're friends." I say to her. She raises her eyebrow and then gets in the passenger seat. No retorts? Being friends might be a good thing after all.

Abhishek's Pov Ends

Vaishnavi's Pov

Abhishek sir settles in the driver's seat and fastens his seat belt and looks at me to do the same. I pull it a bit, because it's usually stiff. Okay, a bit jammed today, I keep, pulling on it but the stupid thing doesn't budge. I'm fumbling with it when Abhishek sir pulls on it tightly and does it for me, our eyes locking the entire time.

His eyes are hazel with streaks of grey. I can smell his cologne because he so close, I can feel his breath on my face as he moves and then he gets back in his seat and drives to the location I put on the car's GPS. What is happening to me?

Whatever this was, I saw it in his eyes too. So now two could play the game.

//

That's it for the chapter! I hope you liked it! Hello pretty people I know you missed me. Sorry for being MIA, again. I was in a bit of a writer's block so I started writing different things and now I'm back again.

So many of y'all have commented and messaged and this update is for YOU. And my AbhiNavi fans this is for YOU.

A bit of other updates. Your girl is 16!!! Check out some other stuff I've been doing on ao3 (Archive of Our Own) it's a fanfic website. During my block I started some Marvel fan fiction which you can read there. Also I made another account for Marvel and PJO fics so, head there too if you'd like. Enough of my self promo, since I've been gone for SO LONG, y'all can talk to me in the comments if you'd like! I promise to reply as many as I can. LOVE Y'ALL 3000.

I hope you like it.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 5.4K 68
This is story of our beloved Drikshit and Dishi. It is full of love and finction. Four peoples whom are opposite to each other. One is rude, one is s...
73.6K 8.4K 40
After a traumatic experience that manages to completely throw Anika's life off the axis, Shivaay Singh Oberoi is, somehow, the anchor to her sanity...
2.9K 153 16
What if the youngest Oberoi brother gets to make a decision of his own.... Neither forced by elders nor influenced by his brothers A Decision made...
173K 12.1K 60
ShivOmRu : Shivaay Singh Oberoi, Omkara Singh Oberoi, Rudra Singh Oberoi. These 3 brothers belonged to a Rich family. Something went wrong and the fa...