The Betrayal : Ayanokoji's Im...

By aaashed123

Kiyotaka leaves his class and to join Class A in order to achieve a top secret reward to gain his freedom. Th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Choosing a Sacrifice
Chapter 2 - The Negotiation with Sakayanagi
Chapter 3 - In on the Masterplan
Chapter 4 - A Dramatic Breakup
Chapter 5 - Officially a Member
Chapter 6 - The Naive Suzune Horikita
Bonus : My Ranking of the the COTE Girls
Chapter 8 - The New Weapon of Class 2-A
Chapter 9 - The Combat Tournament Special Exam
Chapter 10 - Matchups Revealed
Chapter 11 - One Word : Undefeatable
Chapter 12 - Dodging a Bullet : A Good Kouhai
Chapter 13 - The Promise of a Senpai
Chapter 14 - Confronting Kikyo Kushida
Chapter 15 - The Growth of Horikita
Chapter 16 - The Persecutor Shows Himself
Chapter 17- The Defeat of Ayanokoji : WR Clash
Chapter 18 - On The Run
Bonus : My Updated COTE Waifus Ranking (Y2V7+)
Chapter 19 - The Final Confrontation
Chapter 20 - Expelled and Separated: The Break Up
Chapter 21- The Greatest Leader
Chapter 22- Koenji Unleashed: The Climax Part 1/2

Chapter 7 - A Favor With No Consequences

7.4K 181 65
By aaashed123

Please vote and comment your thoughts as it motivates me to write more!

I went home afterwards after that unpleasant encounter with Chabashira-Sensei,

I could understand her attitude in some ways but this had nothing to do with her, or did it? She knew of the battle between my father and I, because I told her about it but now, I've judged that leaving it to her and Mashima-sensei won't do any good. Now that the acting director is out, their roles are over and now it's my turn to single handedly decide my fate. It was just around 6:00 PM now and I had been on my laptop just browsing the internet, reading interesting articles I found and what not.

*bzzzz"

I look over to the top of my desk to see my phone with a call incoming from none other than Sakayanagi. Tomorrow, I'd be attending the school and would show up in classroom 2-A for my first day as a member of that class. Could it be something about that? I picked up the phone.

"What's up Sakayanagi-san?"

"Nothing much I suppose, Ayanokoji-kun. I heard you told your class about you leaving today?"

"Yea, I did. They weren't pleased but that's to be expected. I'll be seeing you tomorrow then."

"Fufu, Indeed you will be, and not just tomorrow but for the remaining time in our high school lives, we'll be working together to reach your goal."

"Why're you so willing to help me out anyways? What's in it for you?" I asked her.

"Let's just say I just wanted to help out a fellow childhood friend, is there anything wrong with that? Hmmm?"

"Nope, that's fine. Anyways, does your class even know about me joining? It'd be pretty awkward if I kind of just showed up tomorrow without their knowledge."

"Well, does it matter if they know beforehand or not? As long as they see I've accepted you, they have no reason to oppose me. And just so you know, all I've told them to be ready for tomorrow, we have a new person joining and that they should be looking forward to it."

"Wow how grand, I'm sure they won't be expecting me."

"Our class isn't like the others. I'm sure you know that. They know you're not some incompetent fool or anything fufu, even though I haven't told them anything about your true abilities.

"Well, they're going to find out for themselves pretty soon so I hope they're ready."

"I suppose even I'm not sure if I'm ready or not, I know your trained prowess from the white room exceeds mine Ayanokoji-kun but I just want to know by how much."

"Aren't we on the same team here..."

"Fufufu I know I know, it's just my curiosity, I can't help but know. So please don't disappoint me."

"You have to play your part too you know." I told her

"That's already a given. By the way, as for the reason I called you. I wanted to sketch a rough outline for our plans for our upcoming exams and events before hand. If possible, do you mind coming over to my place right now? I'd like to discuss important matters such as this one in person."

"Uh, it's getting a bit late, do you think that's the best idea right now?"

I'm a man with a girlfriend right now in Kei Karuizawa so I do understand how bad it'd look for me but the thing is, we "broke" up so that aspect can be written off now. But the fact remains, a boy in the same room as a girl at a time like this can be perceived incorrectly. I've been in Horkitas room many times but those were just business related. I guess I'll treat this one the same way then but I know there are different levels to Horikita and Sakayanagi. One, that Horkita is pretty dumb and thick skulled when it comes to things related to the other gender and two, they're obviously not the same people and have different intentions so I can't treat this exactly the same. I figured telling Kei wouldn't do any good since it'd only stress her out.

"Fufu no worries, you're not going to get caught plus, I have something for you I'd like to give."

"Fine, give me 15-20 minutes."

"That's what I like to hear, I'll leave the door unlocked. Your destination is room 458. See you in a bit Ayanokoji-kun."

With that, I hung up and lied down on my bed for a bit. I was only aware of the upcoming cultural festival and sports festival, I'm sure there would be normal exams or tests within this time period but none that I had knowledge of. I recall the plan Class C, specifically Sato and Matsushita had proposed for the cultural festival which was a maid café. I guess I'll never know how it goes until I see the end product but it's whatever, doesn't matter to me anymore.

My thoughts kept drifting along as I thought of a member of class C who had piqued my interest for a short time, the individual being Chiaki Matsushita, a girl who also apparently held the higher end of her abilities closed off. I don't think her full capability is something of much concern but for some reason, I wondered if she would show out more and indulge herself in a larger role in the class in the near future. With Horikita out of the running to stay as a prominent and reliable tool of mine, I plan to see whether Matsushita can be a usable person in class C in future situations.

"Hm, I'll have to keep my eye on her I guess." I mumbled to myself.

I got up and changed clothing before locking my door and heading out. A hoodie and grey sweatpants were suited for this job since it'd best hide my physique and would be able to cover my head. Don't ask me about the grey sweats (if yk yk), it's the first thing I laid my eyes on when I opened my wardrobe.

Her room was quite a ways away from my room, but I had to do what I had to do and snuck my way in front of her door where I slowly entered. I was greeted by the sight of a table loaded with dishes and 2 dinner plates set up. Was this the special Horikita food strategy?

"Oh, welcome Ayanokoji-kun, pleased to see you made it. Come on in, it's not too late so I made some of my favorite dishes for us to eat for dinner."

Hm? Luckily I hadn't eaten dinner yet so this was looking very appealing right now.

"Hm? This smells and looks really good, I didn't know you could cook Sakayanagi-san." I told her.

"Fufu, I appreciate the compliment, I suppose there are many things you don't know about me though."

"That's to be expected, we were enemies up until last week after all." I informed her.

"Were we really? As brilliant as you are, I never truly saw you as an "enemy", more like I just enjoyed competing with you."

I dug into the meal and we both enjoyed the meal as we spoke about trivial matters since it wasn't really practical to discuss important stuff mid-meal but we finished up soon enough.

"Thank you for the meal Sakayangi-san, now... what's the catch?"

"Hm? What are you talking about?" She replied

"I get to enjoy this great meal without any consequences?"

"Fufu I have no clue what you're on about right now Ayanokoji-kun. This was simply a celebratory meal to welcome you to class A. I don't owe you and you don't owe me so this is a mutual relationship where we'll do favors for each other without being in debt."

"Oh? In that case, I appreciate it then. I'm looking forward to being a part of your class as well. I could've never imagined a home cooked meal from Sakayanagi-san would've been so good." I spoke out to her

I've never really tried teasing her before but I wondered how it'd go.

"Are you saying that you thought I'd be a bad cook? Fufu."

"I don't know, I've never really even thought about that before."

"And also, to correct your previous statement, it's our class now where you'll be a leader alongside me so no, it's no longer just my class." She told me with a grinning face

"I'm not really a proficient leader so don't count on me for it, I rather work on my own accord based on our plans."

"If that's your way of doing things, then I won't oppose it but I assure you, the class will never be reluctant in following any instructions from you so please make use of your position."

"Yea, I'll do that if I need to, but by everyone, does that include Hashimoto and Kamuro as well? I'd like to say they're your most prominent pieces?" I asked her

"Hmm.. I wonder. Hashimoto-kun will probably comply and you guys can become buddy buddy or something. As for Kamuro, I don't know what she'll do but I can't do much when it comes down to it, it'll be your task to make her listen to you it seems like."

"I guess I'll have to do that then, from what I've observed, she can prove to be pretty useful in some cases so it'll be important that I have her compliance." I told her.

I've only ever interacted with Kamuro a handful of times, the majority of it being back when Ichinose was getting called out for her secret past as a shop lifter. Kamuro faked stealing a beer can. Otherwise, she's only been a secondary presence who I'd see with Sakayanagi more often than not. Not like Kamuro enjoys doing it but more like, she has to.

"So for the main event tonight, I wanted to discuss our plans for the upcoming cultural festival. I have some rough ideas but I wanted to get your input." Sakayagani asked me

"Have you consulted your class? I don't have a clue about their interests."

"This is about you though, we need to devise an event that garners a level of attention that surpasses any other class."

"I'll think of something, we're working with that 5000 class points goal in mind. Although this event is less than ideal, I'm sure we can still pull significant class points from this. However, I intend to do most of my damage in the upcoming sports festival and the exams."

"Fufu I like the sound of that, so it's fine if we don't win by a huge margin for this festival? It's true that it'll be difficult to stand out in this festival and also win by a significant margin."

"That's right, we should intend to just win this one. It's not worth putting full effort into this. I have something else I'll have to deal with during this festival so it's best I don't bother too much with this. Can I leave it to you?"

"Fufu, your father will probably be coming to this cultural festival so I understand, I supposed I'll consult you when I've thought of the winning recipe. We could do a maid café like your old class wanted fufu."

How in the world did she know about that? I sensed a nearby presence when me and Horikita were getting the idea proposed to but I had no clue it'd be one of Sakayanagi's subordinates.

"I'm not gonna question how you know that but what do you think... Would that be  a great idea for class A?"

"Fufu I supposed it'd be a bit difficult for us to carry a maid café out, the females in our class aren't nearly as stunning as the class C ones." She told me

A bit harsh but it's pretty much true. I have a girlfriend so I shouldn't be thinking this stuff but it still holds true that the only attractive girls in Class A are probably Sakayanagi and Kamuro. Whereas class C has Kei, Sato, Haruka, Matsushita, Mei-chan... and Horikita I guess. All i'm trying to say is, if there was a maid café between class A and C, class C would definitely win over more customers.

"I have no comments on that but I agree that a maid-café won't produce the best results for us." I told her

I remember at the start of this year, Ike put up an anonymous poll through the OAA student forum that asked all the 1st and 2nd year male students (approx. 160 students) who they thought the most attractive girls in this school were and the results were pretty interesting I thought. It went something like this : 

(NOT MY OPINION, THIS LIST IS WHAT I THINK THE COTE BOY POPULATION WOULD VOTE FOR, however I would post my personal list if you guys want...)

Let me know what you think of this chart based on the cote girls on their appearance!

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter! Do you guys like where this is headed with their relationship and future exams & festivals? I know this was quite a fun, more laid back chapter but I'll make sure the action picks up soon.   

Next Chapter :

Chapter 8 - The Night Before a New Beginning : Part 2

(its just carrying on with Kiyo and Arisu discussion since this chap is getting quite long)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 872 53
Adrian is a sixteen year old boy with an explosive personality. He is also unaware that his brother Troy is the Red Megaforce Ranger, or that his fa...
17.3K 696 5
The characters of the COTE universe react to the story of the author of LIMC46: Ayanokoji X Himeno. The characters are taken from my second reactiona...
210K 3.9K 200
Short and fluffy oneshots featuring your favourite Looney Tunes characters. They are usually male x female oneshots. I wrote some of this i was was y...