The Things We Do :: Dream SMP...

By partiallyhuman

You were never one for change. For half your life, all you've done is keep your head down and never reach up... More

𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟻 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟼 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟾 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟿 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟶 - 𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽 - 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚝'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

1.8K 63 3
By partiallyhuman

pre-chapter note: this is an alternate chapter 40 - i've included a small bit from the beginning of the chapter for reference. enjoy :)

-----

The battle ceased in almost an instant, swords and axes no longer clashing. You paused after a few seconds of the fact, gasping for air.

Wilbur's breaths were similar, him also staring at the masked man with a startled expression. "What?"

Dream's lips were parted into a slight frown, his shield held up protectively as he shouted the words out to Wilbur once again.

"I surrender. Wilbur. We need to talk- and- and anyone who'd like to join."

You could see the Pogtopian generals pushing into the conversation, the other citizens just staring on.

"I don't trust this," Tommy grumbled, crossing his arms and glaring at the masked male. "Not at all."

Wilbur let out a long sigh, turning to the Pogtopians. "Weapons down," he ordered.

Dream nodded at him. "Anyone else?"

When nobody stepped forward, Wilbur sighed and stepped away from everyone with Dream. You offered your hand to Tommy on your right, Tubbo on your left. The former hesitantly took it and lightly squeezed it. The latter latched onto it tightly.

A few minutes later, the two generals came back with equally displeased expressions. You raised your eyebrows, curious as to their decision.

"Schlatt's an idiot," Wilbur began.

"And that's something I believe we all agree on." Dream sighed. "I'd like to issue an official surrender. But for that, we need Schlatt present to sign."

Wilbur glanced around. He made a small expression to you. You recognized it as a please-find-him-for-me-I-don't-want-to-deal-with-him look.

You retorted with a so-you're-just-going-to-make-me-do-it-wow-okay look, quickly succeeded by a I-can't-believe-you'd-do-this-to-your-best-friend one. Wilbur's face turned mildly offended. You laughed internally.

"I'll go," you spoke in an uninterested tone.

"Thank you, Y/n," Wilbur replied, and from his tone you knew he was being genuine.

A soft sigh escaped your lips. You never really could say no to him.

You chucked your bag at him, keeping your axe and a bottle of water. "See you soon."

Before you left, however, a hand grasped at your wrist.

"Y/n!" Alex's eyes held worry, concern for you. "Someone should- should come with you."

You recalled the days he'd stumble into your office with terrified eyes and glass-shredded skin. When Tubbo would knock on your door in the early hours of the morning after nightmares that were nothing but reality.

Lightly, gently, you guided his hand off of your wrist.

"I'll be fine, okay?" you whispered into Alex's ear. "I'll stay safe for you, I promise."

You swore to yourself - and the others- that you would.

Because if you weren't strong for them, how could you do the same for yourself?

-----

You found him half-buried in trash and emptied bottles. Represented him quite well, you had to say.

Regardless, you pitied Schlatt.

He mumbled incoherent words to empty air, limbs too fatigued to move. The bags under his eyes weren't unalike to your own.

Bite the bullet, you reminded yourself, just get it over and done with.

"Schlatt, you need to come with me." You stepped into the van and moved to hoist him up by one arm.

"E-eh?" he murmured. "O-oi, get your- your hands off me. I'll have you know I'm- 'm the emperor of a count- countryyyy."

You sighed. "Not anymore. Congratulations."

"Wha-whaddya m-m-meeeean?"

"Dream's done with you. Wilbur always was. Frankly, I am too."

Schlatt appeared to straighten up in his position, making direct eye contact with you for the first time.

"Y/n, my favorite assistant!" he said, words lilting into a call. "My madamoiselle."

"You know I always hated that name," you murmured.

The man's eyes were glazed over but clearly attempting to focus on you. He whispered something quietly.

You tilted your head. "What?"

He grabbed you by the collar of your shirt. You cringed at the alcohol lingering on his breath.

"You know I always loved you."

You froze for a few seconds. Your eyes held something a bit like contempt, a bit like pity, and the smallest sliver of something else.

"No, you don't."

Schlatt was clearly taken aback, the expression on his face hiding nothing. Being drunk did that to a person, you guessed.

"What?"

You returned his stare. "If you loved me - really, genuinely, truly - you wouldn't have done what you did."

"No, but I-"

"You think loving me was trying to kiss me, without consent, when I was alone?"

"I didn't-"

"What about murdering my friend in front of me?"

"That wasn't-"

"Don't bullshit me. Don't bullshit yourself."

Wisely, Schlatt backed down with his half-assed rebuttals. You pulled yourself from his grasp and looked at him disdainfully.

"Whatever love is," you said, voice bordering on a whisper, "that's not what we have. Especially after the things we've done."

You heard him chuckle weakly. You didn't move. You didn't dare.

"Well... after all's said and done..." he breathed quietly.

"Maybe you'll understand me one day."

It was then you looked closer at him. At his ever so slightly open mouth. His cold eyes.

His unmoving chest.

-----

The moment came back to you a few days after the war.

Bad stood in place as officiator. Of the funeral, that is. Though it was far less somber than you'd expect a funeral to be.

Tubbo quite happily spoke on his experiences serving under Schlatt. Alex cussed out the dead man and got several other people to do the same. Tommy was surprisingly polite during his speech, offering a "rest in peace" at the end.

You came up after Tommy, offering your own moderately respectful words.

"Of the many experiences I've had with Schlatt... they aren't really amazing."

"You can say that again!" Alex yelled.

You chuckled lightly, continuing. "He's not done much good for anyone here, I imagine. Regardless, I hope he's shown you all - us all - a valuable lesson. How easily power can be exchanged, and abused as well."

The mood had clearly darkened as you spoke. You sighed, deciding to end the speech on a lighter note.

"So, with that," you declared, smiling, "how about we celebrate this fucker's death?"

And as cheers erupted from the crowd and you descended from the podium, you glanced up at the sky. 

I don't know where you are, Schlatt, you thought to yourself, or if you're even still around. But if you can hear me, wherever you might be...

"Goodbye. Good riddance," you murmured.

Rest in peace.

-----

1082 words (without a/n)

Header by @/keshakeksik on Twitter

MERRY CHRISTMAS OR HAPPY EARLY KWANZAA OR HAPPY LATE HANUKKAH

lolz it's been quite the rollercoaster lately (no literally i worked ungodly hours on my school rollercoaster project) and i'm going on a no-internet trip soonish so WOOHOO WATTPAD HERE I COME

hope you enjoyed :) plz consume water and food and don't consume sleep but do go to sleep. also votes and comments and follows are pretty cool too but only if you feel like it.

i'm a bit high off of no sleep right now, so, i'll see you soon! goodbye lovely people!

-Partially Human

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.1K 28
「 𝙳𝚢𝚜𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊 」 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ D...
80.9K 867 23
COMPLETED. ( ♡ ) ≡ DESCRIPTION ... ❛ :: [ Bloody surprise like cherry pie, ] ❛ :: [ Will not write about Tubbo, Tommy, Technoblade, Philza, Ranb...
18.7K 259 12
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT !! REFER TO THE TRIGGER WARNINGS AT THE TOP OF EACH CHAPTER !! Welcome to just another MCYT angst one-shot book! I hope you'...
464K 12.4K 18
"ᴏʜ, ᴏᴘʜᴇʟɪᴀ. ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀ ꜰᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." ‎ ‎↳war changes people; sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse. ┊͙DREAMSMP X OC┊͙