Spartans never die (Male Read...

By Snowballgamerz

After being a lone wolf you end up joining the noble team as their new noble 6. This story is based through o... More

Introduction
Harem
Noble Actual (Halo-Reach)
Winter Contingency (Halo-Reach)
ONI: Sword Base (Halo-Reach)
Nightfall (Halo-Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo-Reach)
Harem Update
Long Night of Solace (Halo-Reach)
Exodus (Halo-Reach)
I NEED HELP
New Alexandria (Halo-Reach)
The Package (Halo-Reach)
The Pilar of Autumn (Halo-Reach) Final
The Pillar of Autumn (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Halo (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Truth and Reconciliation (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Silent Cartographer (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Assault on the Control Room (Halo-Combat Evolved)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Library (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Two Betrayals (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Keyes (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Maw (Halo-Combat Evolved) Final
The Heretic (Halo 2)
The Armory (Halo 2)
Cairco Station (Halo 2)
Outskirts (Halo 2)
Metropolis (Halo 2)
The Arbiter (Halo 2)
The Oracle (Halo 2)
Delta Halo (Halo 2)
Regret (Halo 2)
Scared Icon (Halo 2)
Quarantine Zone (Halo 2)
Question
Gravemind (Halo 2)
Uprising (Halo 2)
High Charity (Halo 2)
The Great Journey (Halo 2) Final
Arrival (Halo 3)
Sierra 117 (Halo 3)
Crow's Nest (Halo 3)
Tsavo Highway (Halo 3)
Another Harem Update
The Storm (Halo 3)
Floodgate (Halo 3)
The Ark (Halo 3)
Cortana (Halo 3)
Another Fantastic Question
Halo (Halo 3) Final
Prologue (Halo 4)
Dawn (Halo 4)
Requiem (Halo 4)
Forerunner (Halo 4)
Infinity (Halo 4)
Reclaimer (Halo 4)
Shutdown (Halo 4)
Update once again
Composer (Halo 4)
Tiny announcement and vote
Midnight (Halo 4)
Epilogue (Halo 4) Final
Teams for Halo 5 (Updated)
Confession (Halo 4.5)
The Night With The Chief (Halo 4.5) 18+
Love Between Alien and Human (Halo 4.5) 18+
The Lustful Nobles (Halo 4.5) 18+
My Commander (Halo 4.5) 18+
Training the rookies (Halo 4.5) Final
Prologue (Halo 5)
Osiris (Halo 5)
Another Announcement
IM BACK
Next Book/Story Description/Preview
Blue Team (Halo 5)
Glassed (Halo 5)
Meridian Station (Halo 5)
Unconfirmed (Halo 5)
Evacuation (Halo 5)
Reunion (Halo 5)
Swords of Sanghelios (Halo 5)
Alliance (Halo 5)
Enemy Lines (Halo 5)
Before the Storm (Halo 5)
Battle of Sunaion (Halo 5)
Genesis (Halo 5)
The Breaking (Halo 5)
Guardians (Halo 5) Final
Aftermath (Halo 5.6)
The Loving AI Companion (Halo 5.6) 18+

The Covenant (Halo 3)

3.6K 82 50
By Snowballgamerz

Before this chapter begins I have a quick question to ask you all. Now as you properly noticed I have changed the cover of this book.

Now the question I want to ask is....

Do you guys like it or did you prefer how it was before it got changed.

And is it just me or does the new cover remind you of a Star wars or a marvel movie poster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trident

Three teams. Three towers.

Five Pelicans fly in. They are followed by two Separatist Phantoms. Behind them is the Sangheili Assault Carrier Shadow of Intent. The view changes to a large energy barrier surrounded by Covenant Loyalists

Commander Miranda Keyes (COM): "We hit these three generators, and the barrier will fall?"

343 Guilty Spark (COM): "A small section, yes."

A Grunt spots the flight formation as it approaches the mainland, jumps, and cowers.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Good enough. Johnson, drop Noble and his team at the first generator, then head to the third. The Elites will punch right down the middle."

Sergeant Johnson (COM): "Roger that."

The Pelicans and Phantoms break formation. Two Pelicans, including Hocus' bird carrying the you, Chief, Kat, and Thelya, head towards Tower 1. Anti-Air Wraith fire erupts around them.

Hocus (COM): "Charlie Foxtrot! Tower One approach has active Triple-A!"

Gunfire hits one of the engines of the following Pelican, forcing it to collide into Hocus' Pelican, tossing the Warthog it carried out onto the ground. The second Pelican swerves out of control.

Damaged Pelican Pilot (COM): "MAYDAY! I CAN'T CONTROL HER!"

The Pelican drops out of sight, followed by the sound of a crash and a muffled explosion.

Hocus (COM): "Pelican down! Pelican down!"

ODST Sergeant (Johnson) (COM): "Brace yourselves; we're going in a little hot!"

You grab a Spartan Laser and jumps off the Pelican with the others as well as the ODSTs.

ODST Sergeant (Stacker): "Pile out! Go go go! Alright, up the beach! Take out that Wraith!"

Hocus (COM): "Commander, this is Kilo 23. Lost my Wingman and our only Hog. Over."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Roger that, Hocus. Get out of there!"

You and your squad secured the beach, and with the Spartan Laser charged your fired it. In on shot you destroyed the Anti-Air Wraith.

ODST (COM): "Beachhead secure, Commander. Hostile Anti-Air has been neutralized."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Hold position. I'm on my way. Shipmaster, begin diversionary bombardment."

Shipmaster Rtas 'Vadumee (COM): "I will beat the Prophet's shield like a drum. By the time the barrier falls, he will beg for mercy."

A Pelican drops off a Mongoose and Warthog for you and your Squad.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Spark believes Truth can activate the rings at anytime. If he does, Earth... every being in the Galaxy... Halo will kill them all."

You and Chief jumped on the Mongoose with Chief at the front while you wielded the Spartan Laser on the back. Thelya, Kat, and a ODST solider jumped onto the Warthog.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Get to the first tower. Shut it down."

As you and your team drives up the hill towards the 1st generator, you see the Separatists' Phantoms battling with the other Loyalists' Phantoms on tower 2.

Sergeant Johnson (COM): "Ma'am, we're on the ground. Third Tower in sight."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Good. The Elites have touched down in number 2."

ODST: "Objective in sight! Watch for heavy armour!"

Prowlers, Ghosts, a Wraith and a Shade Turret stand in you and your squad's way, but the squad eventually clears the armour and other resistance on the perimeter of the tower

Commander Keyes (COM): "Noble. You've got to offline that tower."

Keyes' Pelican drops off weapons. You and your team walked towards the weapons and replenish your ammo.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Get inside that tower. Take it down!"

ODST: "Perimeter secure. Get inside that tower! Stick together! Check your corners!"

You and Chief gets inside and secures the bottom floor. The ODST, Kat, Thelya and Marines hold while you and Chief secures the top floor and deactivates the tower.

ODST: "Go on, sir. Tower controls should be up top!"

Kat turned towards Thelya.

Catherine-B320: "So what do you think of Y/N?"

Thelya 'Vadamee: "What do you mean?"

Catherine-B320: "I mean every mission so far i've seen you glance looks towards him."

Thelya cheeks started to get hotter as she started to develop a blush.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "W-w-well your one to talk, you also been sneaking looks towards Y/N."

Catherine-B320: "I don't know what your on about. Besides remember what Chief said."

Thelya face went even more red.

Thelya: "T-t-that she doesn't mind if we share him."

Meanwhile you and Chief just have secured the top floor, after an encounter with a Brute Chieftain with a Gravity Hammer and its Brute Bodyguards.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Noble, find the tower controls, and shut it down!"

You and Chief spent some time looking around but you both finally found the tower controls and deactivate them.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Good work, guys! That's one. The Elites should be just about to..."

You and Chief look towards the tower controls to see that tower 2 has been shut down.

Commander Keyes (COM): "...that's two! It's all up to Johnson's team now."

Chief and Commander Keyes watch Tower 3 for a moment. It remains active.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Get back outside, Noble. Wait for transport."

You and Chief started walking back through the tower and proceeded to get outside. When you got out the doors you saw that Theyla face was all red and Kat was to busy laughing.

Y/N L/N: "So did I miss something."

Theyla and Kat turned to look towards you. Theyla face grew even more red then before.

Theyla: "N-n-nothing! We were talking about nothing."

Y/N L/N: "Ok then."

Chief looked towards Kat who both started to giggle while Theyla was to busy trying to get rid of the blush. Just then the COM's went off.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Johnson, come in. Over."

Sergeant Johnson (COM): "Brute reinforcements, ma'am (static)! We're pinned down!"

Commander Keyes (COM): "I'm on my way!"

Sergeant Johnson (COM): "Negative! Fire's too heavy! (to his squad) Everyone fall back! Now! (static and cut-off)"

Commander Keyes (COM): "Sergeant Major!"

No response.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Johnson! Can you hear me?! (No response) Noble, you need to link up with the Elites and proceed directly to the Third Tower. Make your way back to the beach."

You and your squad get back outside to their vehicles.

Marine Driver: "Get in, sir. We gotta get back to the beach."

The Chief and the Marines head back to the beach.

If You Want It Done Right...

Close air support.

Hocus (COM): "Sir, I've got a flock of birds that need an escort. Take a Hornet; get those Pelicans safely to the Third Tower."

You and your accompanying soldiers meet up with the Hornets and other Marines who held the beach. You get in a Hornet and the other Hornets assist to clear the airspace of Tower 2. They then proceed to Tower 3. They reach Tower 3 airspace, with heavy resistance both in the air and on the ground.

Pelican Pilot (COM): "Objective in sight, Commander... No sign of Johnson or his team."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Understood. Noble, clear an LZ, then get inside the tower."

After the UNSC airborne forces take out the Wraiths, the Separatist Phantoms arrive and drop off some Elites and assault the tower's entrance. You and your team assists the Elites, securing the outside of remaining armour and infantry. You lands the Hornet and joins the Elites and the rest of your team on the ground. The Marines from Pelicans and Hornets follow up, and secure the perimeter. They push on inside the tower, encountering a swarm of Drones, a pair of Hunters and a large pack of Brutes and their Grunt and Jackal subordinates. You, Chief, Kat, 'Vadamee, and their allies overcome this defence and secure the bottom floor and the elevator.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Darken this tower and the barrier will fall. Go, Spartan! We have no time to waste."

The Elites hold the lower level while you, Chief, Thelya, and Kat heads up. You and your team secures the top floor, after encountering a War Chieftain wielding a Plasma Cannon with Brute Stalkers.

You and your team proceed to fight off the War Chieftain and the Brute Stalkers. Kat and Chief fought off the Brute Stalkers while you and Thelya fought off the War Chieftain. Once the enemy was defeated you and your team continue to head towards the control point.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Hit the switch, Noble, and the barrier will fall!"

You pressed buttons on the control console and deactivates the Third Tower. The barrier falls. The Shadow of Intent advances.

Rtas 'Vadumee (COM): "Now, Prophet...your end has come."

A Slipspace rupture suddenly appears. High Charity emerges and plummets down to the Ark.

Catherine-B320: "What the hell!"

Y/N L/N: "It cant be."

Rtas 'Vadumee (COM): "High Charity...? By the Gods. Brace for impact!"

Debris from High Charity strikes right through the Shadow of Intent's hull. A Flood Dispersal Pod then breaks apart in mid-air. Part of the pod crashes through the window right above you. It stops as it hits the elevator window, glowing eerily. You and your team raise their rifles and prepares to engage the enemy that you all know to well. The pod bursts and a few flood spawn starts to fill the room. With so little effort you and your team quickly kill the flood spawn.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Shipmaster, what's your status?"

Rtas 'Vadumee (COM): "Significant damage! Weapon systems disabled!"

Commander Keyes (COM): "Move to a safe distance, stay away from the Flood."

Rtas 'Vadumee (COM): "Why would the Parasite come here?!"

343 Guilty Spark (COM):(alarmed) "The Ark is out of range of all the active installations! Priority: We must contain this outbreak, before-"

Commander Keyes (COM): "No! First, we stop Truth. Then we deal with the Flood."

You and your team links up with the Elites, which is under attack. After eliminating Flood forces in the tower, they get outside to meet Marines engaged in combat with the Flood, and assist. A Separatist Phantom arrives to pick up the Elites troops

343 Guilty Spark: "Quickly, I must see the point of impact; assess the damage done to the Ark."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "To the top of these hills, Oracle, no higher. We cannot risk your capture by the Flood."

The Elites troops takes 343 Guilty Spark with them. The Pelicans drop a M12G1 LAAV Warthog, a Mongoose, and a Scorpion Tank for the assault on the Citadel. You, Chief, Kat, Thelya, and the Marines mount up.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Shipmaster's Carrier is out of commission, Noble. I need you to take down Truth. The Flood's just going to put pressure on him; accelerate his plans. Punch through the cliffs! Get inside that Citadel!"

Y/N L/N: "I'm going to take the Mongoose and find a different way in. I feel like something bad is going to happen."

Master Chief: "We'll come with you."

Y/N L/N: "No. Truth wont expect me coming alone. It'll be better if we attack from two sides...Besides I need someone to lead. I'll be fine i promise."

Catherine-B320: "You better keep that promise now go."

You nod towards the group as you mount up onto the Mongoose and make your way towards the Citadel.

Journey's End

Storm the Citadel.

The Assault Team makes their way and gets through the snowy cliffs, where they first encounter few small Covenant emplacements.

Pelican Pilot (COM): "Citadel in sight! Brutes are mobilizing everything they've got."

The Assault Team clears the cliff, facing Ghosts, Shade turrets and Prowlers. Once they are dealt with, a Wraith is the only thing standing in their path, and once taken out they meet with Hornet Gunships near the route down into the clearing.

Marine Sergeant (Stacker) (COM): "Hornets, inbound!"

The Master Chief, along with Thelya and Kat takes a Hornet and makes their way to the Citadel, when two Scarabs drop down from above.

Pelican Pilot(COM): "I count two Scarabs! Repeat: two Scarabs!"

The Scorpion Tank fires from a far range, the Warthog and Mongoose move about under the Scarabs to assist Chief in taking their "legs" down, and the Hornets engage the Scarab from the air. But some Ghosts, Banshees and another Prowler help to defend the Scarabs. The Chief flies over the first Scarab as Kat jumps off the Hornet and lands on the Scarab. She started to take out the Covenant who tried to stop her making her way to the power source. She finally reached the power source and taking it out. With the Hornet Chief swoops down and Kat jumps aboard. When they got a safe distance the Scarab blew up in a fiery ball of light.

Commander Keyes (COM): "First Scarab's down! All units, concentrate your fire on number two."

Kat then repeats her actions onto Scarab number two causing it to blow up.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Both Scarabs down, well done."

What was left was some residence on the ground below.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Marines! Kill the stragglers!"

A Separatist Phantom arrives at the platform leading to the entrance of the Citadel, dropping off 343 Guilty Spark.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Spark has found a way into the Citadel. He's waiting for you on the platform, Noble. Go!"

Master Chief: "Ma'am Noble Six isn't currently here."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Then where is he?"

Master Chief: "He had a plan of attacking Truth from two sides."

Commander Keyes (COM): "But there is only one entrance."

Meanwhile you were right now using your grappling hook scaling the side of the Citadel making your way to the top.

Y/N L/N: "I need to make it up fast I have a bad feeling something life changing is about to happen."

Your head started to hurt again as you grab tight to the grabbling hook so you dont fall. Cortanas voice spoke in your head just like it always does.

Cortana (In head): "It asked, and I answered. (turns bitter) For a moment of safety, I loosed damnation upon the stars."

Just as the pain was depleting, you looked to the side to see a pelican break through the window.

Y/N L/N: "That doesn't seem good. I need to make my way up there and fast."

Minutes earlier The Chief lands the Hornet, as she, Kat, and Thelya to meet 343 Guilty Spark at the top of the Platform.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "The Flood scales the Citadel's far wall. Activate this bridge, Oracle! (turning to the Chief) The Prophet will die today."

343 Guilty Spark: "Calamity! If only we had more time!"

The Chief, Kat and 'Vadamee enter the Citadel alone. The door they entered through closes and bolts up. The entrance is a large hallway with screens mounted along the walls.

Prophet of Truth: "My faithful...stand firm!"

Viewscreens around the team lights up. The Prophet of Truth is seen making another speech. Chief, Kat, and Theyla hurries to find a way up.

Prophet of Truth (Video COM): "Though our enemies crowd around us, we tread the blessed path. In a moment, I will light the rings! And all who believe...shall be saved!"

The team then discover an elevator, with a screen in front of it, showing Johnson behind Truth, held aloft by a Brute. Johnson punches the Brute in the face, to no effect.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Chief, how close are you?"

They look up. The height is phenomenal.

Master Chief: "Not close enough."

The view changes to the Control Centre. Johnson is being thrown at the floor.

Sergeant Johnson: "That the best you got?"

A Brute Chieftain gives him an amused huff, then picks him up around the neck and begins to strangle him.

Sergeant Johnson: "Oh, come on. Impress me."

Truth turns around and sees what is happening.

Prophet of Truth: "Stop, you imbecile! He wants you to kill him! (turns back to The Ark's console, and speaks quietly) I'd prefer that you did not."

The Chieftain slams Johnson's head into the solid holographic console.

Sergeant Johnson: "What's the matter, big shot? Can't start your own party?"

Prophet of Truth: "I admit, I need your help." (a Pelican appears on screen behind them, unnoticed and rapidly approaching the main window) "But that secret dies with all the rest."

The Pelican breaks through the window and crashes onto the ledge next to them, crushing a Brute, sending his Spiker flying. Truth is thrown off-screen, landing near the Spiker. A Brute Captain gets up, but Keyes blasts it with her Shotgun.

Commander Keyes: "Johnson! (ejects a shell from her shotgun) Sound off!"

Sergeant Johnson: "(coughing) Get out of here!"

Commander Keyes: "Not without you!"

More Brutes surround Miranda and Johnson. Miranda fires away at the Brutes with her Shotgun. Their armour spark from the shots, but the short-range weapon does not do severe damage to them, and they remain on their feet.

Prophet of Truth: "You delay the inevitable. One of you will light the rings."

Miranda Keyes draws a Pistol and aims her weapons both ways.

Prophet of Truth: "You cannot hope to kill them all!"

Keyes pauses and lowers her weapons. She looks at her pistol.

Commander Keyes: "You're right..."

She reluctantly aims the pistol at Johnson.

Sergeant Johnson: "Do it. Me...then you..."

Keyes hesitates, lowering her pistol slightly with sadness on her face.

Sergeant Johnson: "Now!"

Keyes straightens up and aims. Unknown to her a needler was pointed towards her by the Prophet of Truth. Unknown to either of them a grappling hook smashes through the window attaching it onto the floor. Before shots could be fired with the grappling hook you smash through the window grabbing Keyes causing her to be pushed out of the way as several spiker shots are heard. The shots who was meant for Keyes instead flew into a Brute who ends up dead on the floor. You place Keyes near Johnson.

Sergeant Johnson: "That was cutting it a bit close."

Y/N L/N: "Yeah but still I arrived just in time."

Commander Keyes: "Noble, you need to stop Truth."

A Brute Captain approaches you but with Miranda's shotgun you shot the Captain square in its face. It then collapses, and dies, with its face now blow off. Truth walks , gingerly holding a Spiker in hand.

Prophet of Truth: "I see you have arrived Demon"

He looks towards you and tosses the Spiker away.

Prophet of Truth: "Your nothing but a thorn in my side"

Y/N L/N: "The same thing could be said about you."

Truth turns towards the Brutes.

Prophet of Truth: "Kill the Demon as well as the girl."

You threw the shotgun back towards Keyes who catches is. She makes her way towards you as your equipped your own shotgun. You both are now back to back as Brutes started to surround you both.

Commander Keyes: "Think you can keep up."

Y/N L/N: "I should be asking you that."

The first Brute attempts to attack but was quickly pushes back by a shot from Keyes shotgun. The rest of the Brutes started to attack you both while you and Keyes defended yourselves Truth was walking up to Johnson.

Prophet of Truth: "I see now why they left you behind."

Sergeant Johnson is brought up to the control panel.

Prophet of Truth: "You were weak...and gods must be strong."

He forces Johnson's hand down on the panel with a smug look. Johnson, tried to but he couldn't,t resist. Instantly the Control Terminal begins to change and heighten. After the Brutes was taken care off you and Keyes watch as Truth raises his arms in triumph. Six out of Seven Holographic Halo Rings light up one by one. At the end of the corridor, Chief, Kat and Thelya emerge from the lift. Two Flood Tank Forms drop from above. The team all draws their weapons and aims, while Thelya activated her energy sword.

Gravemind (through the Tank Forms): "Do not shoot, but listen! Let me lead you safely to our foe. Only you can halt what he has set in motion."

They lower their weapons cautiously. Several Infection Forms scurry between their feet towards their common enemy. The team look at each other, obviously not trusting the Flood, but knowing they have no other choice.

Revelation

Chief, Thelya, Kat and the Flood begin their assault on the remaining Covenant infantry. After encountering heavy resistance whilst crossing a bridge guarded by heavy weapons, they reach a room with holograms of Truth in the Forerunner systems.

Prophet of Truth (Hologram): "How could I have known the Parasite would follow?! Undoubtedly this is the Heretics' doing! A final, bitter curse. Clear evidence of treachery long hidden!"

At the second bridge, the Covenant forces make their final resistance. The team eventually defeat the last of Truth's followers. At the second room, Truth holograms broadcast a final message.

Prophet of Truth (Hologram): "So far are we along the path, that I must strain to hear the clumsy patter of their pursuit. Know this my brothers, they may foul the way with their charred and broken bones, but they will not stop the Journey."

The resistance on the third bridge has already been crushed by the Flood. A light bridge is all that remains to reach Truth.
The team went across the light bridge, and come across Johnson and Miranda who is standing next to the Pelican. They all turned their attention to you as you stood over Truth while he tried to crawl away.

Prophet of Truth: (Weakly) "You think you can keep them alive Demon but soon enough you will all die just like your previous team."

You pick up Truth by his robes and stare into his eyes. When you looked into his eyes all you could see is fear as Truth could feel your anger staring into him.

Y/N L/N: "You know nothing. No one will take the people I care about from me again."

You continue to stare at the weak prophet, while 'Vadamee approaches you while Truth turns his head to face her.

Prophet of Truth: (Weakly) "Can you see, Arbiter? The moment of salvation is at hand."

Thel 'Vadam: "It will not last!"

Prophet of Truth: "Your kind... never believed in the promise of the sacred rings."

Gravemind (Speaking through Truth): "Lies for the weak. Beacons for the deluded."

At this moment, 'Vadamee Energy Sword was passed to you. You now drew the weapon back and activates it, ready to kill the former leader. Everyone else points their weapons at Truth, in case he is completely taken over by the Flood.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "We will have our revenge. On a Prophet, not a plague!"

Prophet of Truth: "My feet tread the path. I shall become a god!"

Tentacles begin to sprout on Truth as the Flood infection progresses.

Gravemind (Speaking through Truth): "You will be food - nothing more."

Kat approaches the Ark's Control Panel, taking out Auntie Dot from her helmet and places the AI into the console who readies to deactivate it.

Truth: "No!"

Auntie Dot deactivates the Ark. The seven holographic Halo rings dim. A Flood body begins to stir.

Prophet of Truth: (being held aloft by you) "I...am...Truth! The voice of the Covenant!"

You turns Truth away from ,Vadamee and grabs his neck viciously. Truth's crown falls off as he pitifully gasps for air, trying to grab your hands.

Y/N L/N: "And so, you must be silenced."

You stab the sword through Truth's back. It goes clean through him; the two points of the Energy Sword poke through his chest as he writhes and screams in pain. Flood spores shoot out of his mouth and the infection lets out a pitiful squeal. The last of the High Prophets is dead.

You lets Truth's corpse fall to the floor. You deactivates the sword and hand it back to Thelya. You look towards the others who looks at you and nods, acknowledging you for ending the life of the Prophet who declared war on humanity. Miranda then makes her way towards you embracing you into a hug.

Commander Keyes: "Thank you Noble, if you were no here I probably would be dead."

You wrapped your arms around her.

Y/N L/N: "I'm just happy your aright. I'll always be their to protect you."

You the turn to face everyone else.

Y/N L/N: "That goes for everyone. No matter what I will protect you."

You looked around and saw that Miranda and Thelya was blushing. Even Chief and Kat but you couldn't see because of their helmets.
Keyes then turns and head towards Johnson. She helps get onto the Pelican. Suddenly, the ground begins to tremble, and massive tentacles rise up all around them. You equipped your shotgun, Both Kat and Chief wields their Assault Rifle and 'Vadamee reactivates her sword. They all stare up at the tentacles, which are now reaching high above them. The Gravemind laughs manically.

Miranda leaps into the Pelican cockpit and starts to take off. You and Kat climb onto the Control Panel of the Ark and jumps onto the Pelican's landing gear. You grab onto chief's hand, while Kat grabs Thelya's. Just before the Pelican is out of the hole in the Control Room window that Miranda made, both are knocked off by the tentacles, sending the Pelican spiraling out of control. On the ring, the tentacles swerve around them and multiple Flood forms appear.

Gravemind: "Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside...corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!"

You, Kat, and Chief readied your weapons, while Thelya readies her energy sword. You all then come back to back.

Thelya 'Vadamee (almost exasperated) "We trade one villain for another."

The tentacles retreat and Combat Forms come up from the control panel.

Commander Keyes (COM): "I can barely keep hold of her, Noble! No way I could pick you up! Head back to the lift... find a way down!"

All of the heroes fight their way through hordes of Flood, which have betrayed them now that the Halo rings have been deactivated. Fortunately, the Sentinels are also here and are fighting the Flood. While you were fighting you head started to pound again as your tried your best to ignore it. Cortana's voice begins to speak once again.

Cortana (In head): "I'm a thief...but I keep what I steal."

Everyone managed to make it back. The lift is not working, so they all jumped down a shaft at the back of the room. You all land at the bottom of the shaft, landing in a room not unlike the entrances to the three Shield Towers. You all stood up. A flickering, spooky image of Cortana appears in the hallway, running. She starts to turn the corner and disappears, after a split second. You casually walks around the corner as though amused by Cortana's antics, but everyone else is confused.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "What do you see?"

With everyone else trailing far behind, you look around the corner. You then see a control panel. Cortana appears a second time, again for only a second, walking loftily towards it. She stops at the panel and disappears. You then go to the panel and activates it. A view screen slides open, everyone then steps out onto a balcony to watch as a massive structure rises up out of thick fog. It's a Halo Ring, incomplete, rising from inside the Ark's Core. Cortana's plan is becoming clear.

Everyone turns to look towards you. Thelya then begins to speak up.

Thelya 'Vadamee: "A replacement. For the ring you destroyed."

Y/N L/N: (to a blue glow behind him) "When did you know?"

Spark hovers up from behind you all and comes up to you.

343 Guilty Spark: "Just now - but...I had my hopes. What will you do?"

Y/N L/N: "Light it."

343 Guilty Spark: "...Then we are agreed! A tactical pulse will completely eradicate the local infestation! I will personally oversee the final preparations."

He flies enthusiastically around you all, who look at each other, and then flies off toward  his new Halo, now talking to himself.

343 Guilty Spark: "Though it will take time to fabricate an activation index, I will see to the letter that..." (he flies too far away)

Thelya 'Vadamee: "How will you light it?"

They all turn to look at High Charity, knowing that Cortana still has the Halo Index required to activate the new Installation 04.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 3 3
(This fanfiction story takes place right after the events of Halo 5. ) Most AI across the Galaxy have pledged allegiance to Cortana, who has now beco...
36K 760 18
(Side note: this is a Halo fan story and will not follow the lore at all. Plus I do not own anything from Halo.) WARNING: this involves violence and...
6K 175 11
Halo, but with an oddity. Having survived the Fall of Reach, the Pillar of Autumn and those aboard were not given much time to rest. Upon their escap...
4.6K 126 17
This will be a Lemon story so if you are not 18+, Please don't read this. I don't want to get in trouble lol. Now this wont be a story where there's...