Dragon Kiss

By MeganHultz

My name is Tessa and I was forced into slavery when I was ten years old. Ten years ago the slavers of Dragos... More

Falling Snow
The Gray Dragon
The Dragon Dance
Lost Little Girl
The Ice Dragon Nest
The Raid
The Call
The Search
Dragos Must Pay
The Priest Prince
Looking Within
For Your Entertainment
The Gold Dragon
The Sacred Animals of Wintervale
Cost of Freedom
A Damning Claim
The Vile Woman
Not Yours To Keep
Regaining Strength
Kieran's First Concubine
An Old Friend
The History of Wintervale
The Law's Loopholes
The Room of The Dead
The Dragos Emperor
A Life Changing Offer
The Conquest of Freedom
Calling The Fire Dragons
Brothers Reunited
Legends of Legends
The Final Warning
I Will Not Compromise
Not A True Priest
Watching From The Shadows
God's We Have In Common
You Don't Understand
Strange Things
Through The Eyes of Madness

What Are You

27 6 0
By MeganHultz

Chapter One Part One

Ten Years Later

I'm in the kitchen assisting with cooking dinner. Hardly anyone talks not even the servants say much of anything. Ever since Lady Kiri died the house has mostly been quiet. Well there is one person who hasn't been quiet. Jillian, she fakes tears in front of the master of the house. However when it comes to the other concubines, servants and slaves she is ruthless. The Master has been heartbroken since she died.

I've been in this house for three years now and Lady Kiri was different from all of my other Master and Mistresses. She was a kind woman she didn't beat us over the smallest things in fact something like that wasn't allowed to be done to the servant or slaves. She released slave three times a year. She was a good woman and unlike the rest of Dragos she was kind and most of the time she preferred to do things herself and learn new things. She was murdered three days after she gave birth to the master's first son.

I know who did it to. It was Jillian I'm sure of it. I saw her in Lady Kiri's room before she became ill. She was also messing around in the kitchen after the food was going to be served. I thought it was strange because that woman never does anything for herself. When she poisoned Lady Kiri, Jillian had me beaten and locked in the cellar.

Ever since Jillian came into the house people started dying and getting beaten over the smallest things. At first it was done openly but then Lady Kiri put an end to it. She also made it very clear that she could have the Master remove her from the house permanently. When people started to go missing I told all the young children they needed to leave and hide somewhere. I knew that if they didn't they would likely get killed.

I left with them some of them were still slaves because they had collars on. I wasn't going to let that bitch kill them because she was a useless piece of trash herself. She has to make everyone miserable. I could have ran when we left the city but there were still others there who needed to be protected. I made sure they had everything they need before returned to the house. I sent several other slaves there to hide. Whenever Jillian starts on one of them I draw her attention by calling her what she is. It gives the other person time to get away. Once they leave they don't come back this includes slaves as well. I hope they are alright.

I chop potatoes while I wait for the water to boil. I hear something out in the dining room. I stop chopping and go see what it is. When I get there I see the second Concubine glaring at Jillian.

"I am teaching this little bitch a lesson she needs to learn her place in this house."

"You have been told that is not allowed here. I will enforce those rules no matter what. Your barbaric behavior isn't welcome or allowed here. If you continue I will inform the master and you will be sent away."

Those are the same words that got Lady Kiri killed. Does Petra have a death wish? She doesn't seem to be backing down even though Jillian has an evil smirk on her face. My attention is drawn to the person Jillian was beating. It's a child she can't be more than five my blood boils she is from Wintervale like me her skin is pale, not as pale as mine however I can feel her Ice Dragon blood. The girl looks completely terrified. I've never seen her before which means she is new to the house.

I walk over to her to see if she is alright. Her wound has iced over and she's hiding it the best she can. Her eyes are filled with terror but she she's less afraid when she looks at me.

"Who said you could leave the kitchen" Jillian yells.

I hear the snap of the whip. I raise my hand and catch it. It only stings for a moment. I stand up and glare at Jillian.

"Let go you little bitch."

She pulls on the whip. When I let go she falls backwards. I hear muffled snickers around the room.

"You little bitch" Jillian gets to her feet in an angry rage "I am your mistress you dare attack me."

"You are not my mistress. My mistress is the first Concubine to the Master."

Jillian is seething with rage.

"You're nothing more than a fucking slave. Learn your place."

I catch the whip again.

"Miss Leandra has given me orders to not allow any harm to come to the slaves or servants at your hands. I am following her orders."

Jillian glares at me with pure hatred in her eyes. Leandra became ill not long after Lady Kiri died. I managed to find the bottle she poised her with and get an antidote to her before she died from it. I told her not to eat or drink anything unless I gave it to her.

Jillian snaps her whip at me again and again I catch it only this time I pull it out of her hands.

"Tessa destroy the whip" Petra say's.

"Don't you dare."

I toss the whip into the fire and Jillian screams with rage.

"What is going on down there?"

That's Councilman's Kiri's voice. Jillian immediately puts on an act.

"Well someone answer me now."

Petra speaks before Jillian has a chance.

"Jillian is disregarding the rules of this house yet again."

"This slave dumped something on me" Jillian whimpered.

"She's a liar that slave just walked into this house less than five minutes ago" Petra stated.

"Jillian, that is enough. There is too much going on right now for you to be acting like a child. Keep the noise down I am trying to prepare for the spring festival. Follow the rules the others have set."

He walks away after looking at me for a moment. I grab the child and take her to where the slaves sleep. I hide her under my bed. She can't stay here after what just happened Jillian will kill her.

"You stay here until I come and get you. Don't make a sound."

"You're like me."

"Shh. Say and do nothing I will take you out of here after everyone goes to sleep."

"You can't the collar."

"It won't matter where you're going. Stay quiet ok. I'll keep you safe I promise."

I cover her up and make sure she can't be seen before returning to the kitchen. I get back to cooking.

Later on that night I borrow a servants clothing and hide my collar the best I can and take the little girl out of the house after grabbing a few bags of supplies. She is afraid I don't blame her either this city is horrible especially for slaves. I leave the city through a storm drain. This one leads to a nearby forest.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll be safe don't worry. I'll come back in a week with more supplies and things you'll need but no one knows about this place so you'll be safe."

We walk for another fifteen minutes before I find what I am looking for. Several makeshift houses and tents.

"Tessa's back."

"Hello everyone how are you all."

"Were are good."

"You should all be sleeping" I tell them.

"Tessa you're here sooner than usual" I look up and see Lexi she used to be a servant of Jillian and is one of the first people I took here. She's about my age and she looks after everyone I bring here.

"I need to get her out of there. She wasn't even in the house for five minutes before Jillian started beating her."

"So she's still there."

"She killed Lady Kiri last week.

"What?"

"I realized too late. She also poisoned Leandra but I got her an antidote in time."

"So that's why you weren't here last week."

"I am sorry but there were guards everywhere for a few days I couldn't get away. I brought three weeks of food and some gold."

"Thank you. Where did you get the gold? Slaves don't earn money."

I hand her the box of gold jewelry I stole from Jillian.

"I'm going to take a guess at where you came across this."

"She won't notice. She's so many boxes of them. My theft usually goes un noticed."

"Take this and buy your freedom" she tries to give it back.

"I will just not tonight. Jillan is planning something and there's still children there. I have a feeling she going to make her move soon. I'll come back when I'm free. I promise. Take good care of them."

"I always do."

"Stay here with Lexi she will take care of you. I'll be back, don't worry."

"You're like me I feel a strange connection with you."

"We are from Wintervale. I'll tell you all about when I came back."

I leave and head back to the city

The next day I began planning my escape I will be taking all of the slaves with me to. Tonight I plan on leaving here for good. I just need some gold to buy a key from a slave merchant. Once I do I'll steal another one to free the others.

I'm in the middle of boiling water for dinner and Jillian walks into the kitchen. She seems smug at the moment and starts knocking things on the floor. The servants start picking them up right away. I can my dragon blood trying to force its way to the surface.

The last time allowed my dragons blood to take full control of me I killed five slave merchants after coming to the Capital. I was beaten and starved for days before being thrown back into a cage and sold again. I learned to control it to a certain extent. But Jillian makes it very difficult for me to do so, this woman is truly horrible. It's people like her who make me hate this place even more.

She shoves me and I almost cut my hand.

"What's the matter slave bitch do you have something to say?"

She shoves me again I keep my footing this time.

"You owe me a new whip you little bitch" Jillian grabbed the knife I am using and cuts me in the face.

I try to cover it but she shoves me to the ground and she see the wound ice over. Her eyes widen in horror.

"What the fuck are you."

I motion for everyone to leave and stand up to my full height."

"Back off Jillian."

"It's mistress to you slave."

"If you don't back off I will tell the councilmen it was you who killed his wife. I have proof to. I also have proof you poisoned Lexi and killed Petra's daughter. So if you want to keep you freedom and life you better back off."

Jillian stabbed me and forced me to the floor. I can feel my dragon blood trying to take over. Jillian hit's me in the stomach I double over a little but she uses that to take full control of the situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285 7 8
Tro's a seemingly cold hearted 18 year old male who's rebellious in nature and is viewed highly by most others of his kind, the lycan fury, who live...
34K 1.9K 22
Aelar Vaelyreos was just 19 when the Doom happened put under protection from old and strong magic from his parents he and his dragon Arrax were put i...
371K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
2.5M 76.2K 50
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...