A Life Changing Offer

Chapter Two Part Eight

I'm in complete shock. I can't believe what I just heard. Did I hear The Emperor right or did I just imagine the words he just said to me? Does he really think I want to marry his son? Because I don't, all I want to do is free my people and go home. That is all. I will not be staying here in Dragos for any reason. Besides if The Emperor really wants me to marry his son this is not the way to go about it. First he needs the permission of my grandfather, father and my brothers before he would even be allowed to ask me that question. Also it has to be his son who asks not him. I already know the answers they will all give and it's the same one as mine.

"No."

"Excuse me" The Emperor raises his eyebrows, he seems shocked by my answer.

"I said no."

"I don't think your understanding what I am saying."

"No I understand you very clearly. You really think I want to marry your son. I don't. Besides if you want a marriage between Dragos and Wintervale this is not how you should be going about it. First of all your Son will need to be the one who asks that question he needs permission from all the men in my family before he can ask me and they all have to be a yes. Otherwise he won't be allowed to even ask me."

"For the record I say no" Nao glares at the Emperor "I may be the youngest and adopted but my opinion counts. I will not allow anyone from Dragos to marry my sister, not now not ever."

"You cannot leave Dragos without my permission."

"That is where you are wrong" I've had enough of this.

"How do you plan on getting out of my kingdom without my permission?"

"That's easy I'm going to walk."

"That's a bold statement little girl."

"I am not a little girl" I raise my voice "I stopped being a little girl when I watched your people slaughter mine and sell the others. I grew up really fast. I am not a little girl I haven't been a little girl for the last ten years. I will go home no matter what you say you can't stop me."

"I can. This is my kingdom not yours."

"I am not one of your people I have never considered myself one of your people either. I have seen to many people die for that."

"You will marry my son end of discussion."

"No I won't. If I can't walk out of this kingdom I will fly."

"And how do you intend to do that?"

"The gold dragon from this morning of course, who else would fly me home?"

"I won't allow that" Kieran gave me a strange look.

"You won't allow it" I scof at him "I think you underestimate the dragon."

"Kiris is my dragon he is under my control."

"Your dragon is it. Ok then why didn't he kill me this morning?"

"Dragons know there masters emotions even before they do" The Emperor glared at me "You know nothing of dragons."

I really want to laugh. How does Kyresan not know his dragon claimed me as his?

"I know nothing of dragons. You think Kiris allowed me to live because your son will fall in love with me one day. Are you stupid or do you really believe that?"

"Why else would Kiris bother with you?" Kyresan asked.

"How is it you people control dragon's when you know nothing about them. Dragons do not attack their own it doesn't matter what bloodline they come from fire, ice, earth, water the element doesn't matter we are all kin. We do not attack our own unless we have to."