Through The Eyes of Madness

Chapter Three Part Ten

Kol's POV

I am in my part of the palace getting ready to take my siblings to the Temple of The Gods. When I found The Temple, I demanded I get this part of The Palace. I made sure this is the only entrance that can be used to get to The Temple as well.
If my father knew about The Temple of The Gods, he would have it destroyed. It's something The Emperors of Dragos have done for thousands of years now. When we invade other lands one of the first things destroyed is any temples to Gods Dragos does not recognize. The emperor only recognizer's himself as a god. Father is no god not even close.
When I brought my aunt to the Temple of Gods, she was made a priestess and the voice of many gods who chose to come forward. Unfortunately, most of The God's of Moonrain do not bother with Aurora Rain any longer. I am certain it's because of the actions of The Emperors of Dragos over the last thousand years or so.
The god I have chosen to follow gave me a gift for bringing many of my siblings to the temple and showing them the wonder of the gods and what they can do. What was the gift well it's very simple I can have any woman in my bed as many times as I want and not get her pregnant unless I want her to be. The god Farkarth has taken me into his realm many times and as strange as it sounds, I have met many others from other planets of Moonrain all of which have been very interesting. Tonight, is supposed to be a grand celebration for the gods. Normally the gods would be celebrated individually. But we don't have the luxury of that right now. I decided we will celebrate them during this time all at once. At least until things change and we can bring the gods into the light and openly worship them.
I finish writing the letter I am writing to my oldest brother Caine. He and his brother are in the far north. His letter to father made it sound like action needed to be taken right away but father just ignored him and said the festival was to start. This made his first concubine so angry she took the rest of her children and went north. Father raged for almost a week. It's no secret that she is father's favorite after mother. Father is a fool if her keeps going this way there won't be anything left of Dragos. I open a special chest and place the letter in it. This chest has the power to send any item anywhere through a connected chest. It was a gift to Cain from one of the Gods he gave it to me so we could keep in direct contact.
I close the lid and head to the next room where my sister Kiara is chained up. Why do I have her chained up? Well three days ago after I arrived in the capital she attacked me and tried to kill me. Ever since then she's been raging about death and screaming that I was supposed to kill her when she attacked me. Her mother is my father's sixth concubine and her aunt is my father seventh concubine. They aren't exactly all there if you ask me those two are completely insane and their children seem to have inherited it from them. Kiara has five older brothers that it seems to have skipped though.
"Let me go I have to help her" Kiara screamed at me when she looked at me "They are in danger let me go. I have to go they need help."
She pulls at the chains violently more so than usual.
"Who's in danger?" I say as calmly as I can.
I know I shouldn't feed into her delusions but it seem to calm her down when I do. She doesn't calm down though she gets more and more agitated.
"Hey if you can't my help you need to tell why you are so upset I can't help you if you don't."
"Jayla is in pain they are hurting her."
I am surprised at her words. Jayla is her aunts youngest daughter the five youngest are all boys under the age of five.
"I will send guards to check on her."
"GUARDS ARE THE FUCKING PROBLEM. LET ME GO THEY WILL PAY. THEY DESERVE TO DIE."
"Ok I can tell this is going nowhere. I'll come back when you've calmed down."
I leave her screaming as I close the door. I wonder why she's been acting this way it's much worse today for some reason. I saw her mother early and she was muttering away to herself Ever since she Dario she's been much worse her sister is no better, in fact she's worse. I saw her attack Freya for telling her no. Freya is still recovering from the beating she had several broken bones. Freya is my age and her fifth daughter. They had multiples Freya is one of four that was born on the same day. She also seems the sanest out of all of them, well other than her brothers.
I take a deep breath and go check on Freya she refused to be anywhere near her mother after what happened and insisted on being in my area for some reason.
"You can't even walk you need to go back to bed. Please miss you are still recovering."
I enter a room and one of the medical attendants is trying to hold Freya down on the bed. With on hand I push her down.
"They are in danger you have to help them let go."
"I already sent guards to check on them they will be fine."
"Freya, look at me who is in danger."
"My younger siblings. The guards stole them you have to get them back. Let me go."
"You're not able to walk. You will stay here I will go check on them."
This is strange. I've never seen anyone share the same delusion before.
"Save Dario from Auntie tell them not to take what they are offered."
"Ok" I am completely confused right now "Go do as she says if anything it will calm her down."
The attendant nods and leaves the room.
"What's wrong with you today?"
"They will pay with their lives for what they did. It won't end never going to end" tears start running sown her face and she drifts off to sleep. This is all really stressful. I need to get ready for tonight but I'm not sure I should now maybe I should go see what is causing my sisters so much distress.
I close my eyes and take in several deep breaths. What should I do?
"Prince Kol we are ready for your special surprise."
I open my eyes and see six beautiful excited women at the door waiting for me. Is this really the best way to go about things? I stand up and lead them to my room where I blindfold all of them.
I leave my room with six the women. I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. My siblings are waiting for me. I can see the excitement on their faces. They are each carrying something. Normally this would be done by servants however this place must be kept a secret. So my siblings and I will take what we need to the temple. I guess this is the right path I'm sure the guards will protect my siblings. None of them have ever died so that's something. We have to bring our own food and drink because the servants will likely tell my father what is going on.
"We are ready" Mai says she is holding a very large tray of meat.
"Ok let's go."
"Kol we need to–"
Kyresan stops dead in his tracks when he sees over thirty of our siblings all of whom are holding trays of food and drink. The youngest of our siblings have empty goblets and other trinkets as gifts for the gods.
"Why are you doing here?" I ask.
"What's going on here?"
"None of your business."
"Auntie just yelled at me and said I wasn't a true priest and said I needed to talk to you."
"Truth hurts doesn't it" Niko steps forward and glares at Kyresan.
Niko is the oldest of my father's fifth concubine. She has nine children, six boys and three girls and all of them are standing right behind him. He has no tolerance for Kyresan wither he believes he is an imposter for daring to call himself a priest.
"We are busy go away."
"Auntie told me to come talk to you. She said you could tell me what I'm missing. Was she wrong or are you just not going to because your still mad at me."
"I'm only angry at how stupid you are. But yes I will show you why you are wrong in your way of thinking. I guess that's the most important thing right now."
This is what I'm meant to do tonight. I'm certain my siblings will be safe if they weren't going to be ok the gods wouldn't send Kyresan to me now.
"Follow me and if you betray me I will kill you myself. Do you understand?"
"Yes I understand. Lead the way."
I know I don't have to threaten him but I need him to understand that this is important. To be honest I'm not entirely sure If I should show him or not. But this is the only way he will see how wrong he is. I head for the temple entrance.

Authors Note: Thank you all for reading Dragon Kiss I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know it is late but I finally got my other computer working and I found original final two part of Chapter Three I've been re working them so they fit in with the rest of the chapter. The last part of the chapter I was going to release last week will now be in chapter four along with the other original part of chapter three. I am going to be taking a break from this story to work on Alpha Slave, The Dark One's and the new stories I have already started. The new story won't be released for a while I want to finish those so I can update them consistently. Thank you all again for reading this story.