The Dragos Emperor

Chapter Two Part Seven

"Get your hands off of my brother" the guard lets go and Nao falls into my arms "Go get a doctor."

"But the beast."

"Is only protecting herself now go or tell her it's your turn."

The guard run's from the room. I put Nao on an empty table.

"Nao can you hear me. The guards are gone you can stop pretending your dead."

"Tessa is that really you."

"It's me are you ok?"

"I had a plan to get out of here but they killed Sagra after he beat me. They cut his throat and said that he got the freedom he won."

"Wait, that's Sagra."

"Yeah we got lucky enough to be bought by the same slave master. After our we planned for him to come back and get me and any of the others that are here. But then they killed him so I figured I would escape later but they waited until now to bring me here and my collar has been cutting into my neck it's hard to breathe."

I pull out the slave collar key from my pocket and unlock it. I toss the collar aside.

"It's ok Nao your free."

"Can you do that?"

"I just did."

"I thought you were gone. I saw them drag you into the arena this morning."

"One of the dragons recognized me as and Ice Dragon and the beast they put me against was Nala."

"They protected you. We can't all be that lucky."

"Do you know how many of the other's?"

I didn't want to finish saying the words.

"Four of them were killed by the dragons Connor, Rika, Lettie and Gabby. I don't know if they are still holding others here but there are others from Wintervale in some of the shops the use slave labor to produce more items unlike some of us you can tell they are from Wintervale they are hidden in cellars so no one can see them. Others were killed when owning a slave from Wintervale was made illegal went into place."

"Let me see your injuries."

"I'm fine now that I can breathe better. We just gave each other superficial wounds. I'll be fine. I'm surprised they didn't cut my throat to."

"Maybe that's what they would have done next or just gave you to one of the dragons. I'm going to move Sagra that way I can make sure he will be taken home. Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'll be fine."

I move Sagra and place him with the rest of our people. Altogether there are eight of them. Twelve if you include the ones who were killed by the dragons this morning. I wonder how many others are here. I know that Wintervale was raided for years until the wall put an end to it. I call Nala back to my side she is covered with the blood of the guards and I'm covered in the blood of the dead.

I hear voices coming down the hall I can hear how angry someone is about the guards being dead. Most of them attacked Nala and she was only protecting herself. The other's tried to make me leave. But I'm not leaving not until I know for a fact that all of my people from home are freed and able to return home. I don't care if I have to go from shop to shop and home to home to make sure I get them all. Because I will and if I have to do that I will be freeing every slave I come in contact with.

"What is going on here?" The people enter the room.

Prince Vex and Kieran are standing next to an older man he has gold and other jewels on him and he's wearing very nice clothes. He must be The Emperor of Dragos, Kyer. Aria is standing behind Prince Vex and the guard I sent to get them is hiding behind her.

"You explain yourself now what give you the authority to summon me. I am your Emperor."

"You are not my Emperor" I say through gritted teeth.

"Father this is Tessa the slave from Wintervale I was telling you about" Prince Kieran said stepping forward.

"That still doesn't give her authority over me."

"Is this what you call freedom and returning the people of Wintervale home? Killing them and feeding them to your dragons."

"What the hell are you talking about? All Wintervale slaves were freed and sent back."

"Nao" said Aria stepping forward looking very surprised.

"Aria your still alive" Nao was shocked.

"Who is this?" asked Prince Vex.

"This Nao he is my younger brother" I say angrily.

"You don't look alike" said Prince Vex.

"Nao is adopted he was found in a basket near a river" I hate looking at these people.

I hate them so much for all of the suffering they have caused me and my people, not to mention so many others.

"Aria why have a look over there on the end" I say pointing at Esily.

"Why?" she seems confused.

"Just look."

Aria walks over to Esily and once she sees her face she puts a hand over her mouth and tears start to run down her face.

"What did you do to her?" demanded Prince Vex going to her aid.

"Don't you what did you do to her" I correct him "You killed her younger sister."

"Wait this is Esily" the Prince doesn't seem convinced as he looks at Esily.

"It is my sister" Aria say's and then starts to sob in her princes arms.

"Alright enough of this" The Emperor says.

"Your right it is enough" I say glaring at him "I demand you release all of the Wintervale people you are keeping prisoner here and the ones being enslaved around Dragos."

The Emperor glares at me as if daring me to demand something else.

"You had better watch yourself young lady. You may be from Wintervale but I don't have to return you right away."

"You think I'm afraid of you" I stand up straight and walk right up to him "Well think again because I'm not."

"Stand down."

"No" I yell "I will not stand down I will not turn my back I am not Aria. I actually care about the people who come from Wintervale those who look like me and those who don't."

The Emperor's jaw clenches as he glares at me.

"Father, please calm down she's just upset, she thinks we lied" Prince Kieran puts a hand on his father's shoulder.

"You did lie" Nao say's sitting up "You say we are set free if we win. That's not true, you kill us. The only reason I'm still alive is because I faked my death. Sagra won our battle and as soon as we cleared The Arena he was murdered by one of your guards."

"What" The Emperor stops glaring at me in order to look at Nao.

"It's true your highness" The guard from earlier say's "Anyone who wins the battle is either killed or imprisoned for a different fight."

"Alright" the Emperor says. You marry my son and I'll make sure all of your people are set free."

Authors Note: Thank you all for continuing to read Dragon Kiss. I'm really enjoying writhing this story so i hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. Thanks for continuing to read.