The Final Warning

Chapter Three Part Three

I cannot believe what I am seeing or what I am hearing. Not only that my own son is on this slaves side. All I can feel is rage bubbling up yet I can do nothing. Dragon's I have never seen before are flying through the sky. I look at the dragons that belong to my family. They all are standing behind her; it's as if she has cast some sort of spell on them.

This is not right nowhere in our history does it say that there are dragons other than the ones that belong to The Royal Family. Yet this slave just called not only my family dragons but hundreds of others. The legends I have heard of Wintervale said nothing about them being able to turn our dragons against us. The Dragos Royal Dragons know our emotions before we do they will not go against us they cannot live without us and vice versa, yet this slave girl just turned them all against me. I see the look on her face as if she is being smug but she doesn't look smug at all. The dragon that she calls an Elder is sniffing her every so often. I'm not sure why. But she says she can control this dragon but if this dragon is that strong I highly doubt she can truly control it.

However I didn't miss the sight of every single Royal Dragon bow to this Dragon. Kiris and Shayde both took flight at the mere sight of this dragon. I there is no way this slave can control this dragon can only be control by someone with a great deal of power. This girl is nothing more than a slave and she will always be a slave even if her collar has been removed.

"Father."

I am broken out of my train of thought by Kol's voice. He and everyone else in the area are looking at me waiting for an answer. I look at the slaves Tessa just freed. They all look like her in terms of skin color. This is not possible I ordered all Wintervale slaves to be freed. I didn't care how they were freed until the reports of the devastation came in. These people think they can come into my kingdom and order me around. Well they are deeply mistaken.

"This is my kingdom. HOW DARE YOU ORDER ME AROUND?"

The so-called Elder Dragon growls and bares its teeth at me. it blows smoke out of its nostrils. When Tessa touches the dragon it immediately starts to calm down. The dragon is still glaring at me though.

"I warn you this one time. Do not disrespect the Elder Dragon; you will speak to him with the Respect he deserves. If he truly wanted to, he could take The Royal Dragons away from you. No dragon can defy an order from an Elder Dragon."

"Father, it's time to end this, now. Slaves are not needed. I will share what I have done in the city you forced me to oversee. It is your most profitable city now."

Kol steps forward and I glare at my son. Kol is my third born and is younger than Kyresan by a few minutes. However the moment I sent him Veilios he ignored my order and even went so far as to kill members of the city council that were to help him run the city and report back to me. He abolished slavery in the city and Slaves have begun running away from their owners to get freedom they did not earn. Since then Kol has been refusing to pay the share he is required to pay to me claiming he will not give me gold to continue destroying Dragos.

"Shut your mouth" I glared at Kol.

Kol glares right back at me. I thought I taught him better I guess not.

"You should be very careful what you say to me Father. I have very few reasons to stand by your side as it is. If you have been warned for years. Wintervale has attacked us using their ice dragons in a way we cannot retaliate against. Did you really think they would just stay in the Northeast forever?"

"Kol has a point Father" Kyresan puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Both of you shut up" I growl "You are nothing more than a fucking slave you will always be even if you don't have a collar around your neck. I am your Emperor so you better start showing me respect or I'll have it beaten into you."