Looking Within

Chapter One Part Two

I feel boiling hot water hit my skin. I scream in pain, the hot water will delay my healing abilities a little bit. That's not all Jillian does either she starts hitting me with the hot pan it's hard to move. When I do manage to move I shove her into the counter. I have to get away so I can heal.

More hot water hit's my skin I scream. The pan hits me again and again. Jillian is screaming but I can't make it out I'm having trouble not losing control of my dragon blood. Even if this bitch deserves it there's no telling how long it will take me to come back to myself, if I come back to myself. No I can't lose control again.

"Guards, help, GUARDS."

I can't move and I don't even feel myself healing at the moment. The sudden extreme heat has delayed my healing abilities.

"What's the matter? What happened?"

"This little slave bitch attacked me take her away and make sure she learns her place. Beat her but don't kill her right away I want her to suffer."

"Yes ma'am."

The guards grab me and I am dragged into the basement and thrown into the wall. It's cold down here and I can feel my healing start to kick in. One of the guard kicks me in the stomach. I try to protect myself but one of the guards chains me up and pulls on the chains until I'm hanging from the ceiling. Every time they hit me I swing back only to go forward and be hit again.

"You dare raise a hand to your master. You are a fucking slave you need to act like one."

The guard hits me in the face a moment later I feel something wet run down the side of my face.

"Stop, don't kill her yet we can drag this out as long as we want to. She get's to suffer for as long as we see fit."

The guards leave the room leaving me to hang by my wrist. I feel my healing abilities start to cover my body where I was hit. The bruises will take a day or two to fully heal the ice takes away some of the pain. I can still feel the burn of the boiling water. I take in short breaths so it hurts less to breath.

I shouldn't be here now. I should be free and I could have been free last year. However three children came into our household and like me they were from Wintervale. When it was my turn to be release I asked Lady Kirri to release them first. At first she refused she said I had been a slave for too long already. I told her that I would be fine and she could release me the first chance she got. Sadly she died before she could see it through. She was one of very few Dragos people who had gained my respect. She was a good woman and didn't deserve to die the way she did.

I don't know how long I hang here but my wounds are all iced over now even the burns from the boiling water. Jillian will never let me out of here. She will let me starve to death down here or she will have me killed and leave my body in the middle of the street like all of the other's. I'm tiered but I can't sleep I'm sure the guards will be back soon to hit me some more. I noticed they enjoy beating the servants and slaves.

I close my eyes and try to connect to The Ice Dragon's I know they are too far away and it hasn't worked since I arrived in Dragos but I know my days are numbered and I want to feel my home one last time before I die.

I take on a meditative state the best I can but I feel nothing. It's almost like I am empty inside. I am completely alone here.

I can hear things outside of the room I am in I can hear people crying and hurried footsteps. My body feels strange now the deeper I go the more I feel it. I hear a name echo inside my mind Isis. I can't feel who the name belongs to all I feel is me. I remember hearing the name once before when the silver dragon shouted it as Zero took my away from the Dragon Nest. She sounded so upset and looked devastated to see me leave. I wish I was with her and the blue dragon now. I wish they had told me there names and the two young dragons that were there with them must be almost grown now.