Daisy's Daddies, Book 2

By BabyGurl5119

This is a continuation of my first book 'Daisys Daddies'. For you to not be lost or confused, reading Daisy's... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1. Welcome Home
Chapter 2. The Lantern
Chapter 3. Bria
Chapter 4. House In The Tree
Chapter 5. Inklusive
Chapter 6. Panic
Chapter 7. Punished
Chapter 8. Secrets
Chapter 9. Rides
Chapter 10. Eating Contest
Chapter 11. Abandoned
Chapter 12. Fools Hope
Chapter 13. Booster
Chapter 14. Fantasy
Chapter 15. Food For The Soul
Chapter 16. Duh
Chapter 17. Bad Listener
Chapter 18. For Dad
Chapter 19. The Fight
Chapter 20. Airport
Chapter 21. At A Loss
Chapter 22. Layover
Chapter 23. Call Back
Chapter 24. Flight Two
Chapter 25. Anticipation
Chapter 26. Fantasy
Chapter 27. Rick
Chapter 28. Watch Her
Chapter 29. Realization
Chapter 30. Mermaids
Chapter 31. I'm Sorry
Chapter 33. Hidden Text
Chapter 34. Barbecue
Chapter 35. Unfortunate
Chapter 36. Hospital
Chapter 37. Sneaky
Chapter 38. Night Nurse
Chapter 39. Visit
Chapter 40. Picnic
Chapter 41. Tomorrow For Lunch
Chapter 42. Brownies
Epilogue

Chapter 32. Steak-Out

7.9K 185 36
By BabyGurl5119

Bria's POV

"What about this place?" Lauren asks for the umpteenth time.

"I actually think it's a good spot this time." Rick comments.

I sigh and nod along. We've been looking for a place around the house where Daisy is staying for like two hours.

We agreed that we would find a spot that Lauren and Rick would stay in while I wait for Daisy.

"Hey wait. Movement outside." Rick rolls up the windows and watches whoever it is.

I turn to see a tall man walking towards the car.

"That's her boyfriend!" Lauren gasps.

Which one?

"Do you know which one?" I ask.

She turns to me with confusion written all over her face.

"I don't know his name. Wait, are you saying there's more than one?"

I smile at her confusion. Finally, something I know that they both don't.

"Yeah, I remember them, but I don't remember who is who." I tell them.

"Damn, double homicide. She has two men, and I can't even get a boyfriend." Lauren jokingly throws up her hands.

I laugh along with Rick. She seems pretty cool; I can see how I became friends with her.

I watch as the man enters the car and drives towards us down the road.

"Get down." Rick instructs.

We all lower ourselves until we are out of sight of whoever it is passing by.

"Did anyone see if Daisy was with him?" I ask.

"I didn't."

"Me either."

"Follow the car then! She's probably in there." I quickly sit up and point to the left where I just saw his car turn.

Rick puts the car in drive and races to catch up to him.

Once he does, he keeps the car a safe enough distance away, so we won't get noticed.

My heart starts pounding once I see the car pull into a small picnic area. Please be in their Daisy.

We pull into a parking space a couple cars down from his car and wait until we see him walking towards a picnic table.

"Fuck, he's alone." I sigh.

"Do you want us to go back to the house?" Rick asks.

She might not even come out today. It's Wednesday so they were supposed to go to the art museum but maybe they changed their plans. Why wouldn't one of her boyfriends go?

"Is it bad to just talk to him? Maybe I can make a good impression." I ask them.

"Bria, things are bad. You've...done things, said things, I don't know if he will listen to you." Lauren says somberly.

My heart aches. I don't even want to know about the things I've said, the things I've done. But I need to take accountability. I need to fully be aware of everything so I can truly apologize.

"Tell me what I did. Tell me everything, please." I borderline beg.

And she does. Lauren tells me every last detail. My head begins to hurt, and my stomach turns as I begin to remember small glimpses of the stories she's telling me.

"Can we go back to the hotel?" I ask them.

They both nod at me and the engine roars to life.

"Are you okay Bria?" Rick asks while he turns out of the picnic area.

I hot tear rolls out of my eye.

"No. I'm no better than my father." I admit. I bring my hands to my face to hide the many tears that are rolling down my cheeks.

"Bria, people make mistakes. It's not your fault that you didn't know the full truth, you only felt your pain, so you bled on other people. Many people do that." Rick comforts.

I look up at him. "Thank you. I needed to hear that." I give him a forced smile.

After a while, we return to the hotel, and we go inside. I immediately jump in the bed and stare at the ceiling.

"I'm going to go get us some food. Anyone have any ideas?" Lauren asks us.

"I'm not hungry, thank you though." I smile at her offer.

Rick writes something down on a slip of paper and hands it to her.

"Okay, I'll be back." Lauren says after stuffing the paper into her pocket.

Once she leaves, I let out a quiet sigh.

"Bria, it's okay to let go." Rick comments.

My eyebrows pull together. "What do you mean?"

Rick slides into the bed next to me and scoots close with his arms open. "Go ahead and cry. Nobody will see, nobody will judge you."

I hug him tightly and just let the tears fall at their own accord. It's nice to have a friend that cares like Rick and Lauren. From what I understand, I just met Rick, but it feels like we've been friends for a long time.

As a lay there in the comforting arms of Rick, a flashback of me fighting multiple women pops into my head. I was good, I remember winning.

"Why did I start fighting?" I ask him.

"I don't know. Lauren probably does but she's never told me. It could've been a way to distract yourself or release some pint up anger."

I nod. I can see why someone would result in fighting if they felt like that. I wish I knew the truth before all of this.

Are you here for me...or the people who murdered our dad? My own words play through my head. Sadness spreads through my heart. My father, our father, deserved death after what he did. The pictures were so graphic that I couldn't even look through all of them and she was forced to live through that.

"I wouldn't forgive myself. I can't expect her or anyone else to forgive me either." I express my feelings.

His grip slightly tightens around me protectively.

"From what I know about Daisy, from what I've heard, she's very loving and forgiving." Rick reminds me.

She is, she's so forgiving and loving. She is everything good. But even if she did forgive me, I don't think I deserve it.

I lay there silently until my mind drifts into darkness.

Daisy's POV

"Let's play hide and seek!" Carson jumps excitedly.

"Okay! I count, you hide." I smile and cover my eyes with my hands.

As I begin to count, I hear Carson's footsteps scurry off into the distance.

After counting to fifty I lower my hands from my eyes and let them adjust to the light.

"Ready or not, here I come!" I yell out.

I begin my search in the living room. I look behind the couch and under the coffee table. Nothing. I continue to search for Carson until daddy James comes into the living room.

"Hey daddy! Do you know where Carson might be?" I ask innocently.

He ponders with a smirk on his face.

"That's cheating princess."

Whelp. That's no help.

"It's not cheating, it's called using resources daddy."

He smiles and points towards Drew's bedroom door.

"Thank you, daddy." I whisper and skip towards Drew's room.

I twist the knob and the door slowly creaks open. At first appearance, the room looks to be empty. Too empty.

I look under the bed and instead of finding Carson, I find a large briefcase. Stupid briefcase.

My knees ache in this position so I stand up and continue to snoop through Drew's room. A pair of boxers lay in the corner of the room. Gross Drew.

Where the heck is she?

Last resort, closet. I slide open the closet door and she is kneeling down on the floor.

"Found you!" I smile.

She laughs and runs out of the closet.

"Your turn!" She yells out.

As she begins to count, the only place I can think of is where she just was. Think Daisy, think!

Outside!

I quietly speed walk out of the back door and look around. The pool would be a bad place since I can't breathe under water, the tables are too high, so she'd easily be able to see me...there! The bushes!

I wiggle my way into the shrubs, ignoring all the pokes and jabs until I notice a woman with fiery red hair sitting in a car a few houses down.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to like, comment, and follow!

What was your favorite hiding place when you would play hide and seek? 

I would always hide under a table because I'm lazy.

(Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...