Someone Worth Staying For (Ho...

By LostOncer

Malivore was out of Landon and Landon was back to normal, and not stuck in the darkness. The question was, is... More

Writer's Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The End

Chapter 8

2.1K 73 5
By LostOncer

Josie's P.O.V.
It has been hours since Hope left. I knew she was okay but I was still worried about her. Not only that but Lizzie has been driving me crazy about Hope ditching us and not taking us around town. "Hope promised she would take us around town and now she's off doing whatever the hell it is she's doing." I hear Lizzie complain and I rolled my eyes. "She is being so damn selfish. And who knows what the Hobbit feels. I'm sure he's in his room worried about her. Like does she not care about any of us anymore now that she's the full tribrid and back home?" The more she rambled on, the more I was losing it until I lost it completely. "Lizzie, will you shut up?!" Lizzie quickly turned to look at me, surprised I just yelled at her. "Haven't you ever thought maybe she had something very important to do? And Hope is anything but selfish. She gave up so much to save us and the rest of Mystic Falls so you can't say she's selfish. She deserves to be selfish and do something for herself for a change. So just shut up. Hope wouldn't break her promise to us. She will be taking us out around town, you just have to give her time, even if it is another day and not today." I finished saying and before Lizzie could snap back at me, I left the room and walked down the hall. I headed downstairs and out the door to find myself in front of the house. I sit on the steps and placed my face in my hands and sighed softly to myself. Why did I go off on Lizzie like that? It had to of been because I knew where Hope was and everything Lizzie was saying was just her being selfish and mad at Hope for not choosing to take us out today. Hope deserves to see her parents, after everything she's been through. I just wish she could actually see them. "Jo?" I hear and lift my head up. "Hi." I said softly and smiled.

Hope's P.O.V.
I made it home and when I got out of the car, I see Josie sitting on the steps, looking kinda upset. I hope it isn't because I didn't take her around town today. "Are you okay?" I asked and sat next to her on the steps. "I'm fine. It's just Lizzie." She said and I instantly knew Lizzie must've done something to make Josie upset. "But don't worry about me. Are you okay? You were gone for hours." She asked and made me wonder if she knew where I was or if she was just being her normal self worrying about me. "I'm fine, I promise. I just had to do something. I'm sorry for not taking you three around town like I promised." I looked down, feeling bad that I didn't keep my promise today. "I would now but it's going to get dark soon and it's even more crowded at night it seems." I felt Josie's hand on my shoulder and I look up at her. "No need to apologize Hope. Like you said, you had something to do. We can go tomorrow or any day you feel like it." I smiled softly at her. How did she always make me feel better and smile like this? "What about Lizzie?" I asked and I see Josie roll her eyes at the mention of her twin. "Lizzie can get over it." She said and smiled back at me. "Thanks Jo, I needed this." I said softly and she just nodded her head. "Anytime." She said and we sat there looking out into the distance.

Eventually we get interrupted by Landon running up to us. "Hope, you're home! Are you okay? Where have you been?" He asked and I turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine Landon. And I just had something important to do is all." Landon started to calm down some. "Were you waiting by the window for me?" I asked and he gave me a innocent look as if trying to hide that he was waiting. "Yeah maybe." I knew it because he showed up pretty fast and plus I didn't even go inside yet, so he had to of been waiting by a window. "How about we all go back inside? I'm sure your family will be glad you're back." Josie said and stood up from the steps. I look up at her and she had her hand out to help me up. I turn to see Landon also had his hand out to help me up. I wonder if he had the same idea as Josie or if he just saw her do it first and then did it as well. I took both of their hands and stood up, feeling both of them help pull me up. "Come on, it might start getting cold soon and I don't need two sickies to deal with." I said jokingly, knowing that if they both were sick, I would be doing anything and everything I could for them to help them get well.

We all walked inside and before we could go much farther, Lizzie walked up to us with her arms crossed. "Where the hell have you been? You were supposed to take us shopping." "It wasn't just shopping Lizzie." Landon said and Lizzie gave her a quick death glare. "Look Lizzie, I had something to do and it's none of your business. I promise we will go tomorrow." I told her and looked at Josie. I could tell that she was getting mad at her sister for basically yelling at me, but didn't want to say anything yet. She probably knew I could handle Lizzie on my own. "You're just being selfish because you think you're better than us." I suddenly feel my anger take over. "Selfish? Was I selfish when I saved your ass multiple times?" Before she could say anything else, I walked past her and towards my room.

    After a bit of time being alone, I hear a knock on my door. I get up and walk towards it, thinking it's Lizzie coming to complain again. "Lizzie, you can get over it. I will take you out shop-" I stop myself when I open the door and see Landon. "Sorry I thought you we-" "I know. You don't have to apologize." He walked in and sat down on my bed. He patted the spot next to him and I walked over and sat down with him. "I'm fine Landon." I said, knowing he was coming to check up on me. "I know you Hope, so I know you are putting up a tough act to hide that you're scared and worried." I sighed softly. How did he manage to see through me? The only two who were so good at that besides my family was him and Josie. "I'll be fine Landon I promise." I told him and he nodded his head. "I know you will be but just know I will be here through it all." "I know you are and I appreciate it but I still need you to keep a distance when I'm doing my training so I don't end up hurting you." I said and he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. I gently laid my head on his shoulder. "I promise to keep my distance." Why was this not making me feel better? Landon always made me feel better no matter what. What changed? Am I changing? It's probably because I'm scared to hurt him. "I love you Hope." I hear him say. "I love you too Landon." I say but for some reason, it felt like I didn't believe myself anymore. I will always love Landon, but why does it feel like it's not the same as it used to be? It's not like my heart belongs to anyone else. Landon is my boyfriend but then why am I feeling like my heart was trying to go somewhere else other than to Landon? No, not possible. I shake these thoughts of my mind and just focus on Landon in this moment.

Lizzie's P.O.V.
    "How dare she just yell at me and walk off. I wasn't done with her. She was being so selfish and then she just yells at me and walks o-" Before I can continue to rant about Hope being selfish and walking off after yelling at me, I hear Josie speak up. "Lizzie, just shut up, please. I'm tired of hearing it. Hope is anything but selfish. And if she did do something for herself for a change, instead of trying to keep everyone safe or happy, then good for her. She deserves it. You need to stop complaining. It's not like we're leaving tonight. Who knows how long we are here for? Lizzie, you will get to shop okay?" Did she just go off on me again about Hope? What is with her when it comes to Hope Mikaelson? "I knew you would take her side. You always take her side." I rolled my eyes and see her get all shy all of a sudden, as if she just got caught with the truth but didn't want to admit that it was true. "N-no I don't." She says and I hear her stuttering. "Jo, what is going on with you and Hope?" I asked her and she got defensive but also blushed a bit. "Nothing is going on with me and Hope. We are both dating someone." I smirk slightly to myself when she mentioned their relationships, as if I didn't already know this. "I never said anything about dating." It's like I caught her. I see her eyes widen. "W-well I know you Lizzie so I assumed that's how you meant it." She said trying to hide that I just caught her. "Josie, do you have feelings for Hope?" I asked and she quickly shook her head. "What, no! I don't! What makes you think that?" "You just seem very defensive about it, like I've caught you slipping." Josie rolled her eyes at me. "I don't have feelings for Hope, okay? Just drop it." I see it now. How have I not seen it before. "Oh. My. God. You do! But you just won't admit it to yourself. You're so oblivious and I'm sure Hope is too." I can't believe this. My sister has feelings for Hope. Gross. Nothing will ever happen between them if I have any say in it. Although, I do want Josie to be happy. And I guess Hope too. What if they're meant to be together? What if they make each other happy? Nope, I don't even want to think about them two being together. It grosses me out. But if it did end up happening, I probably wouldn't have any say in it. I would have to get used to it, whether I like it or not.

Josie's P.O.V.
    "I don't have feelings for Hope, so can you just stop Lizzie. Is this some way of distracting me from your complaining?" I asked, getting pissed at her. But why did I feel disappointed in myself for saying I didn't have feelings for Hope? It was like I didn't believe my own words. Do I actually have feelings for Hope? No, I'm with Finch and I love her. "No Jo, I'm not trying to distract you. You have feelings for her whether you see it or not. I can see it. Hope and the Hobbit on the other hand are probably as oblivious as you are." She said and I try to ignore her words. I don't have feelings for Hope. Did Finch talk to Lizzie and got her to punish me for cancelling out date and leaving without telling her? Lizzie is starting to sound like Finch, saying I have feelings for Hope. I don't. Do I? No, no I don't. I just care about her a lot. She's my best friend, that's all. "Just admit it Jo, you have feelings for Hope. I mean you're always protecting her, defending her, helping her, worried about her more than anything else, and I can go on and on." "Stop Lizzie, I have Finch and I love her." "Oh yeah? Then why have you chosen Hope over your own girlfriend multiple times? You didn't even tell her you were leaving." "Just stop it. My crush on Hope was years ago and I've moved on, so stop saying I have feelings for Hope because that crush is over with. Besides even if I did, she's with Landon and would never choose me, but it's a good thing I don't have feelings for her or else I'd be heartbroken." Was Lizzie right? Because why did saying that Hope would never choose me, kinda hurt? "Oh please, she does everything you do for her, for you. She's chosen you multiple times over Landon. And she even told me that she had a crush on you when we were 14." The moment I hear that, my heart beat speeds up. "H-Hope said that?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow as if she knew she was speaking the truth. "Yeah she sure did, but don't tell her I told you." Hope had a crush on me? I never knew about this. Why would the Hope Mikaelson ever have a crush on me? I probably wouldn't be enough for her. She's the one and only tribrid and not only that but a Mikaelson. She deserves the best. "It's possible, her crush is still there, just hidden away because of the Hobbit. Just like yours is because of that wolf chick." I still can't wrap my head around it. There is no way Hope would ever have feelings for me. And I don't have feelings for Hope. I can't. "I'm done with this conversation Lizzie." I said and started to walk off. "Just think about it Jo. Even though I might not agree with it, you may regret it if you let her go." I hear Lizzie say as I walked off and tried to ignore her. I walk around the house to try and get away from Lizzie and to figure out everything. There's just no possible way, Hope and I could ever have feelings for each other, is there?

Author: This chapter is shorter than I wanted it to be, but I wanted you guys to get an update and the next day in another chapter and I'm not sure how I can carry out this chapter without it being something boring. So I hope you enjoyed. Once Hope starts her training, I'm probably going to do a time skip because it'll just be training to control her hunger. I do have plans for a certain part of it but it'd have to be farther into the training so bare with me. I know my story isn't amazing because I'm not the best writer but I do love writing it so I'm going to keep going, even if no one likes it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 107 8
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't take place in any of the seasons of Legacies. Hope became a tribrid, a...
209K 6.3K 107
"Sometimes we think The greatest mysteries of the universe Lay outside of us. In the vast expansive skies. Little do we know, The greatest mysteries...
10.6K 325 10
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. So, when Hope was being thrown out of Malivore, she told Ryan she would find a w...
41.2K 1.5K 31
Just when Hope thought she was free of Agent Clarke once and for all, the universe decided to mix things up a bit. Suddenly Hope is faced with a deci...