Kingston

Bởi salvatoremily

She's the one thing he can't have. And it's killing him, because Kingston men always get what they want, don'... Xem Thêm

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Forty.
Forty-one.
Forty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Forty-six.
Forty-seven.
Forty-eight.
Forty-nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-one.
Fifty-two.
Fifty-three
Fifty-four.
Fifty-five.
Epilogue.
Author Note.

Nine.

4.4K 131 11
Bởi salvatoremily

I walked into my home. It was about 4am now. The smell of smoke laced my clothes. I grew fond of the smell of gasoline.

I threw them into the hamper and made a mental note to employ a new housekeeper.

He threatened to rape me.

Her words rang in my ears like a fucking siren. I wanted to do so much worse than just burn his house down. I wanted to make him feel the amount of pain and fear she did.

As I filled their house with gasoline, tied them to their chairs they begged me for mercy.

"please please what did I do? Please stop" his voice spoke to me. God, he brought out something dark in me. The devil was in their house tonight. "that girl you threatened to rape a few days ago?" I spoke back. He nodded. "wrong girl Tyler."

I stood back and watched the flames engulf their home.

I was the last face he saw. I would've done worse. I was just angry. So burning his house down seemed like the easiest way to get rid of my anger. It was a temporary fix.

Her fucking body in that red dress sent a rush of heat to my groin. Every inch of her body was art. She had classic curves, her body like an hourglass. Her long black hair coming down her waist. How easy it would be to lift her body? Fuck me.

I got out of the shower and went to check on Alyssa. She was fast asleep. A few dresses on her nightstand. Katerina probably got those for her.

Her brown eyes were playing on my mind. The way she pleaded for me to spare him. How the fuck did she think I could do that? I would've done worse. I should've just kept him in a warehouse and made him beg me to kill him.

I'd do that for her. I'd do anything to for her. I still don't understand why. I don't know what it is about her that's clouding my judgment.

There was a saying, "sometimes the devil is a gentleman".

I believed I was a gentleman. One who would never hesitate to get his knuckles bloody.

Katerina gave me an excitement I couldn't explain. I want her in ways I've never wanted a woman before. I have to draw the line. We are nearly family, I have such a strong relationship with her father. I need to get my head right.

Alyssa wanted me to go to church with her. I told her I'd catch on fire. The Hayes' family went to the same church Alyssa did.

It was Sunday morning. The news blared what I did last night. I saw her text after I left telling me not to hurt him. I sent her a smiley face back. Technology wasn't my strong suit, but ever since Aly put these emoticon things on my phone I've grown to like them.

"Axe, you ready to go?" she asked and faced me in a white dress.

"I'm ready. That's a pretty dress." I said to her and sipped my coffee.

"it was a gift from Katerina. Isn't she nice? Do you like her?" she asked. My head started spinning. I was about to blush like a fucking idiot.

"she's alright. Tell her I'll pay her for the dress." I said and bit the inside of my cheek to stop from smiling at the thought of her. My sister's fiancé's sister.

"you don't need to do that dummy, it was a gift." she said to me and rolled her eyes.

"oh my God those peoples house burnt down? That's so sad." she said apologetically. I wondered where she mastered apathy. I should learn from her.

"he deserved it. Come, let's go." I said to her and grabbed my keys. I thought an SLK55 Mercedes was too old of a car to be driving, but when I think about my friend Moretti and his Shelby Cobra, I don't think that way anymore.

We pulled up at the church and I immediately regretted being here.

"you know I'm only here for you Aly. I don't believe in faith." I said to her honestly.

"I know. And I appreciate you coming. Katerina is religious like her grandmother, I wanted to make a good impression. I feel like a lot of the decisions the Hayes' make is based off her. You know what I mean?" she said. She was right. If Katerina said jump, her father would jump. He loved her more than anything, I could see it in the way he handled everything in his life. His empire is all for her.

"so you dragged me here to impress Katerina?" I asked and smiled at her. "yes, I get the strong feeling she hates you and I don't blame her." she said and I started thinking.

"she talked to you about me?" I asked her. Wanting to blush like a fucking schoolgirl.

"she just mentioned you had a run-in at her house when she got back. You need to be nice to her Axe, she told me you and her made a truce." she said and grabbed onto my hand.

"I am the perfect gentleman to her now. And I made that truce for you. She's got a big mouth, you know I like to fight back." I said and she smiled at me. "not with my future sister in law. Fight back with someone else." she said and reached for the door handle.

We walked into the church. The sermon began.

I sat in the back and she caught my eye. I didn't even see her face but I knew it was her. I saw her father on her left, her brother on her right and her mother beside her father.

She was wearing a soft pink dress with a white hat. I could tell she had that necklace on.

That was her grandmother's. The Hayes family had a crest, sort of a symbol Katerina's father made when he killed someone. He'd form a cross out of blood, an outline of the cross and a line inside. The necklace Katerina wore was that symbol paved in diamonds. Whenever I saw her, no matter what she had on that necklace rested on her collarbone.

I noticed she wore that thin silver bracelet on her hand too. It looked custom made, one you could fit charms onto. She never took that off either.

I glanced down and saw her wearing a pair of white heels with small pink bows on them. God she looked like a black haired barbie doll.

They sang, clapped and spoke about the power of God within all of us.

As the sermon ended, everyone in the congregation shook hands that were equally as bloody until they got to me. I had more kills than all of them multiplied.

At the end of these church services or whatever, the men walked outside to gossip and the women did the same.

Hayes walked over to me followed by Lo and Katerina. His wife already walking to their car.

Katerina grabbed Alyssa's hand and they spoke high pitched about how pretty her dress was.

Katerina hasn't looked at me once. I couldn't take my eyes off her the entire service and she hasn't even glanced in my direction.

She was upset with me for killing that guy. She shouldn't be angry with me. I'll find a way to make it up to her.

"Hayes, come to Hudson tonight. I'm having a party there. I signed a deal with a Mexican cartel, 4 million by the end of the week." I said to him and he smiled.

"let's do it. Grand shit Axle, well done." he said and shook my hand.

"it's going to be full house, come ready for anything. Bring the whole family yeah? " I said to him and he nodded.

"see you tonight." he said to me as Katerina and Alyssa walked out.

Aly walked to Lo and Kat walked past me to where he father waited for her.

She shot me a look saying I hate you. And walked off.

I let out a sigh, thinking she'd get over it. She doesn't know how far I'd go for her. Miles and miles, and then further probably.

I went back home. Alyssa went upstairs to start getting ready. I made some calls and finished off some paper work for the deal and went up to start getting ready.

I found myself wondering what to fucking wear.

I pulled out my black suit. It was sharp and it looked neat. I had a white dress shirt underneath and left a few buttons opened.

I put on my watch and walked onto my balcony. I pulled out my cigarette and watched the city below me. My mind darts off to Moretti. I called him to my club tonight but he said he was in Italy and he'd see me when I gets back. I worry about him, about how he runs that city. The fact that he's always alone. When I met Vincent, we were both little boys trying to find a way to survive. I think he found the brother he lost in me and I found the friend I'd been searching for in him. I'll always remember him as the guy who gave me his food when I stayed with Alyssa on the street. It was when he showed up every day to try and get me out of that mess, that I realised I'd found family in a kid just as lost as I was.

I hear the ping of my phone in my pocket, pulling me away from my thoughts. Updates from Jaxon about the club and its progress tonight. Time went by so fast, I hadn't even realised how late Alyssa was getting me. She walked out and she looked nice, so I obviously didn't tell her.

"how do I look?" she said and I shook my head. "I don't fucking care. Let's go." I said to her.

While we walked to her car she cursed me in Italian.

"I already complimented you once today. Just because you took me to church doesn't mean I'm God's child now." I remarked.

"you're a spawn of Satan, no church could ever save your soul." she said to me and I heard her seat belt click.

I let out a soft laugh. "spawn of Satan huh, thought I was Satan." I said to her and saw her roll her eyes.

The drive to the club was smooth. I had my Audi R8 polished for tonight. A 4 million dollar deal was definitely something to celebrate.

When I pulled up in the club, the place was buzzing. There was live music, people dancing, girls dancing and drinks being shared. Everyone was having a good time.

I walked in, shook some hands and poured myself a drink. I took a walk to the back, checked some games going on and bets talking place.

I leaned against the bar, feeling the music and enjoying my drink. Things felt right.

The doors flew opened. Hayes walked in, his wife on his arm. He cleaned up well tonight. A full tailored suit. Maria looked nice too, a feathery dress. Too feathery for my liking.

Lo walked behind them, with her on his arm.

Fuck. God have mercy on my cock.

She strolled in. Her body looks classic. She wore a black fitted gown, thin silver straps and a slit coming up her thigh. She had red bottoms on with a thin heel. Fucking hell.

The dress hugged her body so tightly. You could see every curve, every line of her silhouette. Fuck she was perfect. Every man's eyes shot to her. Word had spread she was a Hayes. Everyone in the club would take a shot at her tonight when her father wasn't looking, that was for damn sure.

I watched her as she looked around the club. The music was blaring. She looked at the stage.

Her hair was down, in a grip halfway showing off her face and jawline. She had light makeup on. Her soft curls traced her waistline and her diamond bracelet shone in the light of the club. I never took my eyes off her. Someone was going to notice.

Jax stood on my left and gazed at her too. "sheesh, it just got hot in here." he said and I smiled.

"keep staring like that and you and I are going to have a problem." I said to him and he laughed.

Hayes walked over to me and I watched Katerina go up to Alyssa and hug her. I'm glad they have a good relationship.

"this place is in good shape Axle. Well done." Hayes said to me and shook my hand.

"I'll pour you something." I said to him and he sat in the vip lounge.

I walked to him and slumped down in the booth.

I had a good view of Katerina.

"she didn't want to come tonight." he said to me, noticing I was looking at her. I had to be less obvious.

"why's that?" I asked.

"you killed that boy. Thanks for that by the way." he said and smiled at me.

"I should've told you Hayes." I said to him and looked apologetic. I wasn't. I wanted to kill him myself.

"she came to me a little while after you left. I'm glad you handled it the way you did son, I wouldn't have been so creative." he said to me and I laughed.

"yeah I had too much fun with that. Fucking idiot." I said and shook my head and sipped my whisky.

"burnt beyond recognition. My favorite part of that news segment." he said and breathed heavily. "as long as she's okay," I tell him and he nods. "as long as she's okay," he repeats. We both know we'd do anything for her, anything to protect her.

The music blared, Katerina stood by the bar.

I walked over to her. It was a quiet area, no one was there. Just her, me and the deafening temptation between us. My heart was pounding with each step, for some reason. I couldn't tell if I was nervous or had a brain parasite.

"that dress is better than the red one." I said to her. She had a glass of red wine in her hand and it was a fifty-fifty chance she'd throw the glass at my head.

"careful Kingston, I think you accidentally complimented me" she said. Her voice was soft. She was upset. She didn't look at my face yet. I sat next to her.

"I should kick you out for distracting all my men. They have jobs." I said to her and poured more whisky in my glass.

"my bad. Wasn't sure what the center of attention was meant to be tonight." she said and sipped on her wine. I let out a small laugh.

"Kat you knew I was going to kill him." I blurted out. I never meant to make it so tense.

"I begged you not to. You burned his home down. All for a stupid threat and a small bruise? You're ridiculous." she said to me. Her voice was lazy, angry but she sounded tired.

"I'm not apologizing. You can't fucking tell me it was threat. You don't understand Katerina. You wouldn't get it." I said to her.

"wouldn't get it? I have 2 controlling masochistic men in my life. My brother and father, now you too? I need to get hurt Axle. I'm going to get hurt when I get married anyway. That's what you don't understand." she said to me. She looked into her glass.

"elaborate, please. I want to understand." I said to her.

She sighed heavily.

"when I get married, no matter who it is, he's going to cheat. I know it. That's just the way it is. They're all the same. I'll be home, cooking, cleaning and living the housewife life and falling in love with a man who'd never love me back. I'm going to get hurt somehow. I have to get hurt to be able to handle it." she remarked.

She was right. I didn't understand it. But whatever she said, I knew she was right.

"listen to me very carefully Katerina Hayes. I burned his house to ash. I'd do a lot worse." I took in a deep breath, lifted her face with my hand as gently as I could.

"follow my every word, and don't ever forget it. I will kill anyone for you. Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it. So help me God Katerina if I hear a man put his hands on you I'll burn every inch of this fucking city to prove a point." I said to her and her eyes flickered.

"you have no idea how bloody I'd get my hands for you. Not a fucking clue. I don't bluff, I don't play games. To keep you safe, I'd do anything." I heard her breath hitch.

I let go of her face, tucked her hair behind her ear and picked up my tumbler and left her there.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

468K 9.9K 95
Jasmine De Leon, 22, heir to the Spanish mafia , a cold-hearted ruthless assassin, who's trying to keep her past hidden. Vincenzo Salvatore, 24, heir...
293K 11.2K 31
Luca Romano is a force to be reckoned with - a powerful, wealthy man who commands respect and fear in equal measure. He's ruthless to his enemies, bu...
801 49 9
✧.* 20 year old Amaira studying in London's best college of Fashion designing. Falls for a person who is known yet unknown to her. ✧.* 27 year old...
897K 14.8K 50
|18+| Tatum Kingston, daughter of the leader of the Red Bloods Mafia forced to look for a hand in marriage only at 19. She crosses paths with Sicilia...