Taming His Stallion [BWWM]

By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Paege is a young woman known for understanding animals. Or more specifically, horses. She is hired by the bea... More

Taming His Stallion
1_Dream Trainer
2_The Garden of Florettes Bed n' Breakfast Inn
3_That ... was HER?
4_That Arrogant New Boss Of Mine
5_Stable Girl
6_The Apology
7_Angel
8_Homemade
9_His Demeanor
10_Grasp
11_Captor
12_A Night To Remember
13_Relieve
14_Bonding Time
15_Silence
16_Clarity
17_Sweet Olives
A/N - 2021
18_Blissful Adventure
19_Unreasonable
20_Tolerance
21_Games
22_Regal
23_Together
24_Mr. Andrews
25_Wrecked
26_Acquaintance
27_Solace
28_Devastated
29_Little Tremors
30_Detention
31_Gravitation
33_Affinity
34_Enough
35_Harmony
36_Undeniable
37_Auction
38_Tempers
39_Friends
40_Mates
41_Gone
42_Breadcrumbs
43_Tightrope
44_Hopeless
45_Stay
46_Reflection
47_Aftermath

32_Bare Minimum

2.1K 141 20
By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Danny 

The rain couldn't keep me away. I'd turn up drenched if I have to.

Now that things were good between us again, nothing would keep me away from the woman I love.

I couldn't bear to spend another moment apart.

The urge to be near her had too much of a grip on me to be ignored. Enough that I'd packed a few bowls, and soon found myself on the road again, aimed in the direction of my heartbeat.

Not long after, I parked my vehicle before killing the engine, hopping out and engaging the locking mechanism.

Droplets of rain pattered against my clothes, hence I used my jacket as a cover for the bag, shielding the contents from becoming waterlogged.

The aftermath of the misunderstanding had taken its toll on Paege, made evident by her request to keep things professional at work.

Despite having no desire to hurt her, guilt wore on me at the degree to which my past had caused her anguish.

I didn't think it was possible to regret meeting a person more, but my ex sure made it seem effortless.

I'd do whatever I could to repair the damage and make sure my baby felt as comfortable as possible again.

I couldn't deny her request. Especially since it would ensure that she would retain what remained of her sanity.

From the moment onward, we endeavoured to keep our work and personal lives separate.

It was a sacrifice, but I could hardly argue about having her all to myself. In fact, I revelled in it.

I loved when we caught a moment alone. We could be authentically ourselves without fear of judgement.

As per usual, one of the Florette sisters–Miss Fay, I think–exited the B'n'B unto the porch.

The precision of their timing seemed to suggest either the sisters were clairvoyant by nature, or they possessed a home security system.

I nodded in acknowledgement before jogging up the porch steps.

Upon reaching the top, we delved briefly into a bit of conversation before parting ways, after which I entered the establishment, climbing the stairs two by two to the level above.

I must have looked comical while walking briskly, and navigating the hallway, but I didn't care.

Eventually, I came upon her door, my heart launching a verbal protest as I came to a halt.

The effects of the rain–in combination with raking my hands through my hair a few times–probably gave it a tidy facade. But I ran my hands through my hair anyway, ensuring that I was as close to presentable as possible before knocking.

Silence lingered in the hall a few seconds before muffled shuffling caught my ear. Apparently emanating from in her room, drawing near before the door opened to reveal my baby.

Clad In a crop top vest, a pair of navy-blue fleece-lined joggers and her signature cute fuzzy socks–of course–I could honestly say she never looked better.

Sure, fancy clothes and make-up were fine, but her natural beauty blew me away.

"Hi–" She greeted, a smile on her face which I interrupted, drawing her to me by the small of her back and returning her enthusiasm in a passionate kiss.

A moan rumbled between our bodies, and neither of us seemed to discern–or care–that we were in the doorway.

When we broke apart, our ragged breaths mingled in the air, her soft palm flush against my chest and a blush rising on her cheeks as she lowered herself back unto the soles of her feet.

"Hi." I grinned from ear to ear, my eyes dancing across her face in adoration. "I couldn't help myself."

Paege took my hand, leading me a little way inside before closing the door and removing my jacket.

To my surprise, she tiptoed again, raking her hand through my dampened hair, guiding me into a ravenous kiss.

A fierce groan thundered through my chest and my arms instinctively circled her waist, needing her closer.

Gosh, what is this woman doing to me?

Her lips moved tenderly over mine, nipping at my bottom lip. The pads of her fingers trailed the base of my neck, feathering against my skin while stirring a pulse low in my nether region.

My heart sped erratically, enough that I wondered briefly if she knew the extent of her effect on me.

Her lips left mine, peppering kisses across my jawline.

I shuddered as she pressed them behind my earlobe, my eyes squeezed shut and my breath uneven as she consumed me.

When the need for air became urgent, after she claimed my lips again, we pulled away reluctantly, catching our breath.

"What was that for?" My forehead met hers as a satisfied grin smeared her lips.

"Proving a point," She smirked, a gleam flashing in her dazzling eyes as she pulled away slightly. "I missed you."

"God, I've missed you." I exhaled a steady breath, though my heart rebelled.

"So what you got?"

"Huh?"

Paege chuckled at my dazed expression. "In the bag," She teased, nudging her head in the direction of my hand.

"Lasagna," I closed the gap between us, stealing another kiss. "Taco salad, Chocolate cake and Passion Fruit Juice."

"Bell must be jealous of all this food you're bringing me," She smirked, following me to her favourite spot on the rug.

"I made the meal, and she helped me to pack the bag,"

"Wow, I'm honoured," She confessed, we chuckled, and I shook my head knowing full well how much Bell would have to like someone to dismiss the chance of a meal.

I handed her both plates followed by the cutlery before fishing each bowl and the bottle of Passion Fruit juice out of the bag.

"You're spoiling me,"

"You deserve it," He dismissed. "Even more so, since I'm trying to make amends."

"Oh, that reminds me," Paege avoided my gaze, focusing on pouring the juice into our glasses while I plated the food. "I encountered your ex."

"What?" I paused to study Paege. "When?"

"Earlier today, when I went to get the stuff from Mr. Paris," She maintained. "She's a real piece of work."

"What happened?" She finally looked up to find that I'd given her my undivided attention.

"When I left the store, I ran into her. Literally."

"What!"

"Uhuh. I'm not so sure it was planned on her part either." Paege secured the cap on the bottle before she took her folk and dug in. "She had a lot of nasty things to say about me."

"Oh heavens!" I said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"She said you were used to sophisticated women. And, when you were done slumming it with 'the help', you'd eventually go back to her." She stuck her folk into some lasagna, bringing it to her mouth again. "Omigosh, this is so good."

"What the hell?!"

"I know right?" Paege shook her head in disbelief. "Clearly she's lost her grasp on reality."

"I'm sorry," Suddenly overwhelmed by responsibility for the events that had transpired.

"For what?" Her head shut up, and she pinned me with fierce eyes, finding my hand before giving it a gentle squeeze. "It's not your fault."

I held her gaze, taking a moment to find my words. "For how it must have felt to have her say such disgusting things about you."

"Thank you, Danny," She smiled, a gleam flashing in her eyes. "That means a lot."

"You don't have to thank me for loving you, remember?" I traced the back of her thumb, clenching my jaw in an effort to dispel some of my anger toward my ex.

How is it that I was blind to this side of her?

How did I even propose to a woman like that?

"Hey," A thumb traced my cheek, pulling me from the tumult of my thoughts. "You are not responsible for her actions."

"I should go with you everywhere from now on," I grumbled before taking a sip of juice.

"Danny, besides being impractical, I'm a big girl," Paege urged, observing me closely for a glimmer of recognition. "Are you going to accompany me to the ladies room?"

"This has to stop."

"I agree, but it won't be the last time someone dislikes me, for whatever reason." She reasoned though I admonished myself inwardly.

I stuck my folk into my lasagna, carving out a piece before taking a bite.

What the heck is Ellie playing at?

Paege was more sophisticated than she could ever hope to be.

She was up to something. Something beyond the superficial.

I'd made my intentions toward her clear, and though she could be a sore loser, I thought for sure that my words would shake her free of whatever seemed to be keeping her from moving on.

No. There seemed to be something bigger afoot, and I would get to the bottom of it.

"But this will be the last time she's going to have anything to say about it." The words left my mouth before I could stop myself. "I'll make sure of it."

"Danny, please don't do anything stupid." The concern in her voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"She upset you and I am obligated to put a stop to that and ensure that it doesn't happen again."

"And how do you plan on making that happen?"

"I don't know,"

"It's clear that she's baiting us, so if you go to that trick, her words will become reality." Paege mused aloud, sparing a glance at me. "On some level, she knows that upsetting me will upset you. That's exactly what she wants–you to get riled up and go confront her."

"So what do you want me to do? I can't allow her to do what she wants without consequences."

"I've been on my own long enough to learn something valuable. One of the perks of being alone–and believe me, there aren't many–is the ability to choose who I gave my energy to." The revelation poured from her with passion. "Sure, I might've missed out on gaining a few worthwhile relationships, but others don't have much of a say on how I feel because having that barrier up, made it easy for all the negative to bounce off."

I listened to her words, feeling closer to her somehow.

"I made the mistake of allowing that woman to get under my skin, and she was able to cause me pain. Over the last few weeks, she got more than enough of my energy, and I don't want to give her anymore. I don't want to waste any more time on her. She'll get what's coming to her soon enough."

Considering her exposé a moment, I studied her, marvelling at the strength this woman must have to let this go.

"Let's not give her any more attention," Paege concluded, finishing the last of her Passion Fruit juice. "I told you about the encounter to let you in on the fact that I'm putting her to bed. Let's just spend the evening together, that way she doesn't win."

I can't allow her to get away with what she's done.

"Danny, will you stop being so stubborn and listen to me for a minute."

Oh gosh, did I say that aloud?

"Yes, you did," Paege supplied with a nonchalant expression on her face, shortly before breaking into a smile, giving me a light tap on the arm.

I facepalmed, and the sound of her giggles caught my ear, luring me from behind my hand as I dared to recover from the embarrassing moment.

Paege leaned into me, and I guided her into a hug, circling an arm around her at the small of her back.

She responded by wrapping both arms around my waist, smushing her soft curves against me.

Leaning down slightly, I placed my cheek against the crown of her head, drawing abstract patterns into the skin.

"Thank you for such a wonderful treat, Danny," She took my hand, leaning in to press her lip to mine again.

I responded to Paege, cupping and caressing her cheek until she pulled away, angling herself better before pressing her lips to mine once more.

She probably experienced some form of discomfort from her previous position.

"You're welcome,"

"How are your mom and dad?"

"They are great," I offered, deep in thought. "They miss you. Though they wouldn't mention you much to spare my feelings after the incident, they can hardly stop themselves. They talk about you all the time."

"I–I miss them as well." She admitted, before adding. "And think about them often."

We spent the rest of the evening talking, sharing bites of Chocolate cake, and despite how unnerving Paege's revelation seemed, I was glad she told me.

Paege was too precious to me, and for my peace of mind, the bare minimum I could do was to keep an eye on Ellie to safeguard my baby's wellbeing. 

○○○ Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.○○○

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6K 35
"Dance with me." While I knew it wasn't a demand, it wasn't a question either. I hesitated and he noticed. "Come on Grace, give this gentleman the...
7.5K 221 34
My body trembled, but not from the cold. "You frighten me." His brow twitched, eyes darting around the features of my face. "Frighten, or excite?" Hi...
46.8K 2.7K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
2.8K 230 27
After the 24-year-old, content creator and influencer Muna Amadi was betrayed by her boyfriend and bestfriend, she decided to move to New York for a...