Stay (BTS x Reader-Polyamorou...

By OT7oramI

Y/N and her hybrid best friend, Jin, have known each other since Jin was eight years old and came to live wit... More

Welcome!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 40

6.2K 357 107
By OT7oramI

Jungkook POV:

"Kook? Please sit down. You're starting to make me dizzy." I looked over at Namjoon, who was watching me pace. I stopped for a moment, but my mind was too filled with worry about my human mate to keep still. Almost on their own volition, my feet moved and I was once again carving lines in the carpet in Jin's office, my footsteps muffled by the soft flooring. Namjoon sighed and I knew he was going to just leave me be, let me handle the stress the only way I knew how, the only way that worked for me.

Part of me wanted to believe that all of this was not really happening, but as I looked up at the faces of my mates, I knew my worst nightmares had come true. Yoongi was standing against the wall, his chin touching his chest, his fists clenched at his sides. Hoseok was seated on the arm of the sofa, an arm around Taehyung, who was silently crying. Namjoon had an arm around Jimin, trying to soothe the sobbing rabbit, the absolute look of devastation on his face shattering my heart. And Jin? Jin was seated in his desk chair, elbows on his knees, hands knotted in his hair. Since they grew up together, I knew Jin was probably the most worried out of all of us, knowing his best friend and first mate was gone.

A soft knock on the door had us all turning, our faces filled with expectation. The door opened the Carlos, one of the nurses, peeked in. "Um... Jin? Have you... have you seen Dr. Sehun? He's... he's missed his last appointment and we can't find him anywhere." There were dried tear tracks on the bunny's face and I knew he was worried about Y/N, but still trying to keep his composure enough to go about his business.

Jin's eyes widened in shock. "Are... are you sure? Sehun has never missed an appointment. Has anyone checked the lounge or his office?"

Carlos nodded. "We checked both places and tried his cell phone. It's... it's turned off."

The rest of us look at each as the bunny spoke. First Y/N and now Sehun? There was no way this was a coincidence. There had to be a connection here. Was it possible...?

Jin turned to me and shook his head as though he could read my thoughts before looking back at Carlos. "Give... give me a minute Carlos and I'll come help you look." Carlos nodded and left the room and Jin stood as he faced me, clear fury in his eyes. "Don't even think about it."

From the look on everyone's faces, I could see they were confused. "What's... what's going on here?" Namjoon looked back and forth between Jin and me.

"Our little mate here is thinking that Sehun has something to do with Y/N missing." Jin's eyes narrowed as he spoke and I couldn't help the flush that spread across my cheeks as he knew exactly what I was thinking, what I was feeling.

Holding up a hand, I tried to smooth the situation over. "Look Jin. I'm... it's just Dr. Sehun is her mate. It's only been the three of you for years and now all of a sudden she has five other mates. It... it would be hard for anyone to handle, for anyone to experience. What if Dr. Sehun...?" I let my words trail off but from the way Jin's eyes narrowed, I knew he had figured out exactly what I was thinking.

"No. Sehun would never do that to her, to me. He's a good doctor and a good man. He would never do anything that would hurt her like this. Stop. You're wrong." I could see from the look on Jin's face and wondered if I had gone too far. Had I stepped over the line? Maybe, but I couldn't get the thought from my mind.

"Look Jin. At least consider the possibility. Dr. Sehun is her mate, whether we like it or not. Now all of a sudden she is missing and he's nowhere to be found." I could see Jin's eyes narrow as I spoke, could tell that he didn't want to give in, not in the slightest. "You have to at least think about it."

Jin shook his head and I could see the irritation building in his face. "No. Sehun would never do something like this. He cares... he cares about her too much. Y/N brought Sehun back from the brink of death when Evie rejected him. There's no way..." Jin's voice trailed off and I could see the sudden uncertainty in his eyes, the panic in his voice indicating that it could be a possibility. I knew Sehun was his friend, was Y/N's friend and I hated putting that doubt in his mind, but he had to at least think about it. It was too suspicious for it to be only coincidence.

Namjoon moved towards Jin and put an arm around his shoulders. "Jin? Kook is right. It's... it's something we need to at least consider. I know... I know you don't want to think so poorly of your friend, but... but Y/N is missing, along with Emery and Dr. Sehun. What... what if Dr. Sehun did have something to do with this? What if he is a part of it all?"

Jin shook his head, but I could see his resolve weakening. "No." His voice was soft, dejected, and full of hurt and betrayal. "No. Sehun... he wouldn't... he wouldn't do this to Y/N. He... he loves her."

"And maybe that's why he would do it. If... if Dr. Sehun is Y/N's mate and she... she doesn't feel the connection he does, maybe... maybe this is his way of getting her in his life. I know you said the connection is platonic, but... but Dr. Sehun is a hybrid and you... you know as well as I do that the connection between mates is never platonic." Namjoon's voice was firm, serious and I could see that what he was saying was starting to get to Jin, that what he was saying made sense.

Slumping down in his desk chair again, Jin dropped his head in his hands and I could see the fight leave him. "I... I don't want... I can't..." Jin's words faded off as the door opened and Carlos peeked in again. "Yeah. I'm coming right now Carlos." Standing up again, Jin squeezed my hand, a silent sign that he wasn't angry with me. "Um... if you guys want you can stay here. Let... let me go see if there's... anything." With a sad smile, Jin followed Carlos out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

"Do you really think it could be Dr. Sehun?" Hoseok turned to Namjoon, his eyes wide with worry. "He... he seemed so nice."

Namjoon shrugged. "I don't... I don't know, but I think Kook is right. I don't think we should automatically assume it's not him."

We sat there in silence for a moment, all of us lost in our thoughts, all of us worried about our human mate, the woman who had managed to steal all our hearts, the woman we had all fallen in love with.

Namjoon finally stood. "Maybe... maybe some of us should head back to the house, just in case she... she comes home. Maybe we should be there." I could see from the look on Namjoon's face that he was tired of waiting around, frustrated from sitting here and not knowing where our mate was, what was going on, where she might be.

Nodding his head, Hoseok moved towards Namjoon, along with Jimin and Taehyung. "Yeah. Maybe... maybe you're right." Taehyung had an arm around Jimin's shoulders and I could see that he was supporting our rabbit mate. I hadn't expected the situation to affect Jimin this much, but I could see that he was devastated, his heart shattered into pieces and I could understand why. He had just gotten the opportunity to get to know our mate, to find that spot in her heart and she was suddenly pulled away from him like a Band-Aid ripped away from sensitive skin, leaving it raw and reddened.

"I'm going to stay here. I can't... I can't be home right now. Not without her there." Yoongi's voice was stern, all of his earlier doubts gone. "I want... I want to be here so I can... I can know if something changes."

Hoseok hugged Yoongi, no signs of his previous anger on his face. "Okay. If... if you guys hear anything, let... let us know. Please." Yoongi nodded and returned the hug. With a last nod, Hoseok and Namjoon left the room, Jimin and Taehyung following behind them.

As the door closed, the room once again fell into silence as we tried to not imagine the worst-case scenarios. I tried to push the image of my mate being hurt, cold, hungry, or worse out of my mind, but it was hard. I wanted to be optimistic about the whole situation, but I couldn't. There was something in me that was telling me that it was going to end badly, either for us or for whoever was responsible for our mate going missing. There was no way they were going to come out of this unscathed.

Sitting down, I leaned my head back against the sofa, my eyes closing as I tried to stop the fresh flow of tears. A soft tail around my wrist and an arm around my shoulders pulled me from my thoughts and I looked up to see Yoongi sitting next to me. "It's... it's going to be okay Kook. We're... we're going to find her."

I nodded, trying to convince myself that Yoongi was right, that it was all going to be okay, but the worry in my heart, in my head was too much. I looked up at the door opening to see Jin coming in, his steps slow, his postured slumped. From the look on his face, I could tell that they had not been able to find Y/N or Sehun that both our human mate and the doctor were missing, along with Emery.

"No sign of Sehun. His... his phone was on his desk, but turned off. His car keys and everything are still here." Jin sat down next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. "I... I just don't know."

"Jin? It's... it's going to be okay. We're going to find her. No one is going to keep our mate from her. We're... we're going to bring her back and we'll have... we'll have the life we are all wanting." I tried to soothe my mate, but in could see by the hurt on his face that there wasn't much I could say, wasn't much I could deal to heal the hole that was currently in his heart, that was currently in mine.

Taehyung POV:

I sat in the backseat next to Jimin, feeling the weight of my rabbit mate's head on my shoulder. This was the first time I had ever seen Jimin so broken and it destroyed me on the inside, making me feel completely helpless. I didn't know what to say to soothe him, to make him feel better and I hated it. It was the first time I didn't know how to help him, how to heal the hurt I knew he was feeling. I was feeling it too. Jungkook, Jimin and I had just fixed our bond with Y/N and suddenly she was ripped away from all of us.

Running a hand over Jimin's hair, I thought about what Yoongi had said. Would she really leave us? Was this our mate walking out on us since she couldn't handle having seven mates? The idea of that cut deeper than anything I had ever experienced and I tried to push the thought from my mind. I tried to pull up the look of love in Y/N's eyes as she looked at me, as she looked at all of us. There was no way that someone could fake that look. It was real and honest and something I tried to hang on to.

Hoseok pulled up in front of the house and I gently nudged Jimin. "Minnie? Come on. Let's... let's go inside." Jimin sat up, his eyes wild before the sad look appeared in them once again. I know he would have preferred to stay at the sanctuary with the others, but I also knew getting him home would be better for his peace of mind. To have him surrounded by the scents of his mates would help pull him out of the blank space in his mind that he had sank into.

Namjoon opened the door and the combined scent of my mates filled my nose, giving me a sense of peace I could only find here. I turned to see Jimin's face and was surprised by the tears streaming down his cheeks. The scent of chocolate covered cherries was present throughout the room and it seemed to suddenly overwhelm him. With a choked sob, Jimin pulled himself away from my arm and down the hallways.

I turned to Namjoon and Hoseok, my eyes worried. "Shit. This... this isn't good. I've never seen him like this, this broken."

Hoseok hugged me, lending me comfort. "It's the female mate. He feels protective of her after everything that happened. He... he knows he almost lost her and the idea of losing her again is too much."

I nodded, knowing Hoseok was right. "I'm going to go find him, try and.." Unsure how to explain it, my voice trailed off. Hoseok squeezed my shoulder and nodded. Leaving them standing there, I headed down the hall to our room, the room I was going to share with Jungkook and Jimin. I couldn't help but smile since we hadn't spent the night in there alone since we got here. Over the past week, we had spent the time in other beds, with other mates, trying to fix the bond. Just two nights ago, the three of us woke up in Hoseok's bed. Out of all of our hybrid mates, Hoseok was the one who babies us the most.

Pushing the door open, I was surprised to see the room empty but I gave a wry smile when I realized where he must be. I went down to the hall to Y/N's room and through the crack in the door, I could see Jimin sprawled on her bed, her pillow clutched to his chest and sobs shaking his small frame.

Hurrying over to him, I gathered the sad rabbit in my arms and hugged him tight, rubbing his back. "Oh Minnie. Don't... don't cry. Please. Please."

Jimin struggled against me for a moment before turning to face me, his arms coming to wrap around my waist as his tears soaked my shirt. My own tears streamed down my cheeks, falling onto his soft hair. "Is Yoongi right? Did... did she leave us?" Jimin looked up at me, the pain so clear on his face that it felt like a dagger to my heart, slashing through the most sensitive parts.

Shaking my head, I pulled him closer. "Oh god no. Don't... don't think like that. You... you heard Jin. Y/N? She loves... loves with everything she has, everything she is." As I spoke, I couldn't stop the feelings of guilt rush over me as I had thought the same thing about my human mate. Deep down I knew she would never do anything like that to us, never hurt us in that way, but part of me knew exactly where Yoongi was coming from. If she didn't leave on her own then it meant that someone had taken her and the idea of that was worse. I would rather her leave us and break our hearts, break my heart than to see something bad happen to her. I would rather tear my own arm off than see her experience even a moment of pain.

"Do you think... do you think she still loves me? Did I do anything to make... to make her not love me? I'm trying to be a good mate, to be a good mate to her. I'm trying!" Jimin's words came out in a heartbreaking wail, one that cut straight through to my heart, making me feel all of his pain, all of his hurt.

Hugging him closer, I rubbed a velvety ear, trying to give him comfort. "Oh Minnie. You... you are a good mate. You really are. You didn't... you didn't do anything wrong. Y/N loves you. I can see it when she looks at you. She loves you just like she loves all of us. I promise you that."

Hesitantly nodding, Jimin rested his head against my chest, his small hands coming up to grip my shirt. Within moments, his exhaustion took over and sleep claimed him. He continued to cry in his sleep, his tears sliding down his plump cheeks and as I lay there with him, I silently begged for Y/N to come back safe and sound.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I barely heard the quiet footsteps on the thick carpet. The scent of orange dreamsicles filled the air and a soft tail wrapped around my wrist, trying to give me any comfort. I looked up to see Hoseok standing by the edge of the bed. Moving over a little, he climbed in behind me, his arms wrapping Jimin and me in gentle embrace. "It's going to be okay. You know that, right?" Hoseok's voice was full of determination and I knew right away that he had no doubt that she would return to us, come home to us all. "How... how is he?"

I sighed then looked down at the sleeping rabbit in my arms. "I... I don't know. He's... he's worried that she left us."

I could feel Hoseok shake his head behind me. "No. Please... please don't think like that. Y/N's... Y/N's not like that. She would... she would never do that."

Wanting to believe Hoseok, I just nodded, my own mind racing with thoughts. I had told Jimin the same thing, but part of me was still worried, still panicked at the idea that seven mates might be too much for her, that having seven hybrids living in a house with her was too much. Maybe she didn't like Jimin and me. Maybe it was our fault she left. Maybe she just wanted the older four and Jungkook. Maybe...

"Taehyung stop." At Hoseok's stern voice, I stiffened. It was uncanny how intuitive Hoseok was. He could tell what his mates were thinking without a single word being said. It was like nothing I had ever seen before and it made me wonder how he was able to do that. "It's not your fault and it's not Jiminie's fault. Did we have a rough beginning? Sure, but Y/N loves us all. You can see it in her eyes. They are the most honest eyes I have ever seen in my life. There's no way she could hide that from us, from you."

Sighing, I let Hoseok's words wash over me, trying to feel comfort in his voice and let the worries I was feeling fade away. The scent of raspberry sherbet crept into my nose and when I looked up, Namjoon was sliding into Y/N's bed on the other side of Jimin. I gave him a sad smile and he returned it. "Hobi's right. Y/N... she didn't... she didn't leave us. I can guarantee you that. She loves us too much. I have to believe that."

"Joonie?" Jimin's voice was soft, sleepy and when I looked up, his eyes were open. "Do... do you think she loves me still?" The hurt in his voice was heartbreaking and I felt Hoseok's arm tighten around me.

Namjoon nuzzled his face into Jimin's soft hair then hugged the small rabbit. "Yes Jiminie. I absolutely know she loves you. She loves us all. Did she tell you that she loved you?" Jimin nodded and when his eyes met mine, I could see the tinge of hope in the pretty color. "Then she loves you. Y/N's not a liar. I promise you that."

Jimin nodded and I could see his fears were relieved for the moment. He moved a bit closer to me, his hands still clutching my shirt. "I love her. I love her so fucking much and... and I don't know what I would do if she... if she didn't love me. I want... I want it all with her. I want to hold her and kiss her. I want to love her right and be a good mate. I want... I want her to have my kittens." Jimin's last confession was whispered, almost embarrassed as his cheeks flushed pink.

I could hear Namjoon's soft laugh. "Don't worry Jiminie. You're going to get all of that." Namjoon was quiet for a moment. "I talked to Y/N about the... the possibility of having... of having our babies and it's... it's something she wants."

My head shot up at Namjoon's words and I could hear Jimin's soft intake of breath. "Really?" I couldn't help the words that spilled from my lips and Namjoon nodded.

"Yeah. We... we talked about how cute the babies would be. Tiny bunny ears and little wings, spotted tails and fuzzy ears. She... she wants it with us." I could hear the longing in Namjoon's voice and knew he was telling the truth.

"Y/N wants to have... have my baby?" Jimin's voice was filled with wonder, with hope, with a desire that I had never seen before.

Namjoon nodded. "Yeah Jiminie. She does."

Jimin was silent for a moment then suddenly sat up, his exhaustion from earlier gone and a new hopeful look in his eyes. "Then we... we need to find her. Think guys. Who... who could have done this? Where could they have gone? If... if it was Dr. Sehun, where would he take her? What about the fucking cat? Where did he come from?" The questions spilt like rapid fire from Jimin's lips and I found it hard to keep up.

Hoseok sat up too and moved off the bed, standing in front of us. "What... what about that human mate that rejected Dr. Sehun? Is... is it possible that she would come back? The one whose dad wanted Dr. Sehun?"

At Jimin's and my look of confusion, Namjoon quickly explained. "Dr. Sehun's mate before Y/N was a nurse named Evie. She didn't want Dr. Sehun as her mate, but her dad wanted him as a pet. Could... could she have come back for him and Y/N was just...?" His words trailed off and the nervousness that had been lingering under the surface all day suddenly came surging to the top. Namjoon jumped out of bed, his hands shoving down into his pocket for his phone. "We need... we need to call Jin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 2K 41
Read to follow Taehyung, Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook on their love story. Human!Taehyung And Jimin Hybrid!Jungkook And Yoongi Bad Writing I HATE THIS...
348 26 11
A story of an 11-year old girl who encounters a life unlike that of a normal 11-year old child. Her life isn't surrounded by love and compassion but...
1.4M 76.1K 66
Pak Y/n wonders this world alone. She lost her family from a very young age and just her sisters a few years later. Humans were becoming extinct and...
4.4K 645 26
Jin comes from an abusive marriage, his husband uses and abuses him daily. But Jin takes it just so he can protect his two boys. When he finally gets...