The Chaperone

By LieselRidges

Callie Summers has recently applied to the prestige arts school in California and hoping to get a scholarshi... More

Chapter 1: Callie's Job
Chapter 02: The beginning of the Tour
Chapter 03: A Chance
Chapter 04: The Radio Station
Chapter 05: Untitled
Chapter 06: Sorted
Chapter 07: From where we left off
Chapter 08: The signing session
Chapter 09: The tabloids
Chapter 10: The calm before the storm
Chapter 11: Sorry, but you are fired.
Chapter 12: The start of something new
Chapter 13: Patrick's nightmare
Chapter 14: The first time
Chapter 15: Dinner with Jasmine
Chapter 16: Los Angeles
Chapter 17: Los Angeles Pt 2
Chapter 18: Cracks
Chapter 19: A different place, a different time
Chapter 20: High School Reunion
Chapter 21: 2 years on...
Chapter 22: His new girl, her new life
Chapter 23: Lunch with Mrs Kensington
Chapter 24: Goodbye
Chapter 26: If lost, please return to...
Epilogue
New Year's Resolution
Spin off short: The album shoot

Chapter 25: Pillar of support

3.7K 232 9
By LieselRidges

"It's scheduled." Bernard said as he penned down something in his diaries.

"BERNARD!!!" Callie shouted in anger.
"Baby, it's done." He stood up and pat her head.

"Why Bernard, why do you do this to me?" Callie asked.

"Because, you need to grow up and learn how to face your emotions, girl." He replied. He held her pendant chained around her neck.

"I saw the box." He added. Callie raised her eyebrows.

"If you no longer feel anything for him, why did you keep that box?" He asked, gently rubbing his knuckles on her cheeks.

"Baby girl, you need to let go of your past and start anew. Didnt you want that?" He asked.

"That's what I am doing now, Bernard." Callie replied, feeling a lump in her throat.

"Then, you can figure out that little stubborn heart of yours." He added.

"Oh, and I got the team to sort a special set of photos for your Salt Lake exhibition." He added, leaving the office.

"What photos?" Callie asked, curious about the new arrangement.

"That, is a surprise." He spun around and flash her a huge smile showing his pearly whites.

- - - - - - - - - -

After three days of crying, Patrick fell ill.

Sloan was lucky that they just finished their tour and were on vacation time. While the other band members scattered all over the world for their individual me time, Patrick was in his room, asleep.
His sleeps were never peaceful too. He often got nightmares and his illness turns for the worst, his doctor and psychatrist decided to put him under sedation.

"What happened to him? I thought he been better and off his medicine for awhile now? Why now this episode?" His doctors asked ET. ET sighed. He looked at his troubled son, peaceful yet sedated. His heart aches.

"He lost his pillar of emotional dependence." Dr. Simone, one of the psychiatrist replied.

"Ett, do you know who this person is? We need to speak to him or her. Patrick is back to square one. This person had just washed away all our efforts thus far."

"I'll bring her to you." His tone, absolute.

- - - - - - - - - -

Barely back in Paris for one week, she had to prepare to get back to Utah again. Thinking of where to stay, she decided to call Jasmine to bunk in with her.

"Callie!" Jasmine hugged her tight when she picked her up at the airport.

"Hey..." Callie return her hug.

"Erm, Callie... I know you are tired after a long flight but there is somewhere I need to take you before we head home, I hope you are fine with that." Jasmine said, half asking but not a question.

"Sure..." Callie agreed, but confused.

The car pulled up at the psychiatric hospital. Callie glanced at Jasmine, whose face was solemn.

Who are they visiting here?

Ettoire came up to the driveway to meet Callie.

No.

She shivered at the her suspicions.

"Ett?" She greeted.
"Why are you here--"

"It's Patrick, Callie. You have to help. Please..." Ett begged. Callie took two steps back.

Nooo...

Callie saw Patrick fast asleep in his room. Then she met with the doctors.

"So you must be the person who made him this way." Dr. Simone said, shaking Callie's hand. Callie was stupefied.

She followed her into a meeting room and spoke to her.

"Patrick has been my patient since his teenage years but I never seen him so badly wounded since back then." She told Callie.

Callie listen carefully to Dr. Simone. Abruptly she stopped her explanation.

"Are you the same person in his tree fairies story?" She asked.

"Wood fairies? I had a photography assignment on a fantasy theme back then." Callie replied.

"White pavillion behind the school compund..." she recalled. Callie again wide-eyed. Dr. Simone nodded.

"Well, now it all make sense." She summised.

"You are his pillar of support. His only happy memory. I told him to focus on his happy memories and leave the sad ones behind so to help him through." She added.

"Which is why later, he bought the land and kept the pavillion. He goes back there to relive his happy moments." She continued.

Callie was stunned. She knew that the pavillion now belongs on private grounds. She did not know that belongs to Patrick.

"Patrick has not have an episode in years." She added and sigh.

"His case is so unique, we can only take a trial approach. But never ever we need to sedate him like that." She said.

Callie walked out from Dr. Simone office stunned. She finally understood why he was so possesive towards her and being so aloft towards everythig else. Why his mates would be so tolerant to his anger and weird behaviour. He had psychiatry issues; a kind of emotional impairment and all started after his mum, his pillar had gone.

He needs someone to guide him and be there always for him, like a beacon of light - - a chaperone to his heart.

She looked through the window into his hospital ward.

"When will he be out of his sedation?" Callie asked.
"Probably tomorrow afternoon, when the medicine fully wears off." She replied. Callie nodded.

"I'll be here by noon tomorrow." She replied. Dr. Simone placed her hand on Callie's shoulder.

"Thank you. Thank you for trying." She said. Callie gently nodded.

Dr. Simone suggested that Callie to be the one treating Patrick. Experimental, Dr. Simone described.

Sometimes, it just takes that someone to be there besides a person to make an illness go away.

Callie's heart was still in confusion but if she could untie Patrick's knots, she would do anything.

- - - - - - -

Jasmine was silent all the way back home. To Callie's home. Callie was surprised.

"Ett told me to give you this. He said you probably would prefer to stay here." She said, holding up the set of keys she left at the realtors.

Ett was right again. She would very much preferred to stay in her own house.

The irony how she sold the house to Patrick and still stay here again. She dial for Ett on her mobile.

"Hey," She said when he picked up.
"The house keys... erm...thanks." She added.

"You are welcome. Pat would want that." He replied. Callie smiled and felt utterly grateful.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Morning soon came and she was needed at the gallery where Bernard had arranged for her exhibition. Pictures were hung up as they were flown in and Callie was very curious about the special set of photos that he had arranged for her exhibit in Salt Lake City.

It was almost noon when all but the special exhibit were up.

"When are those photos coming in?" She asked the gallery manager, Malcolm, who was in charge of receiving and setting up the exhibit.

"Well, my schedule says it should be the same timing as the rest. Hmm... let me go check at the back." He said, and disappeared in the gallery's huge storage behind their impressive showcase.

Callie stared at blank grey wall when two man carried in a huge canvas wrapped in brown paper. They placed the canvas in front of the grey wall and started unwrapping the paper.

When Callie saw the photos, she had the biggest shock of her life.

The photo was a self portrait of Patrick and herself back during when they were together.
She stared at the photo as more sets of workers came in with canvas, big and small, of portraits she shot of Patrick when she was his chaperone.

Slowly, the wall filled up with photos of Patrick with the centre photo being the self portrait.

She remembered immediately when and where that photo was shot.

It was in one of the tour bus, a few days after she received the necklace. A half sleeping Patrick with annoyed by the shutter click of my camera and he jumped up and grabbed her around the waist.

- - - - -

"Let go of me!" Callie yelled.
"Nope, give me the camera!" Patrick said mischeiviously trying to reach for her camera. Patrick tickled Callie and she relaxed and he immediately got the camera.
"Now's my turn." He grinned cheekily and started randomly clicking away.

- - - - -

Some of the photos turn out in total blur and others, amazing. There were some just Callie pouting, Patrick grinning, Patrick nuzzling in Callie's neck as he mischeviously took one photo and the photo that made the focal point canvas... of them both smiling and looking into each eyes.

Callie smiled when she recalled that memory. She reached out and touch the hung canvas print on the wall.

All both of them wanted... was each other.

Something in her mind clicked.
"Malcolm!" She shouted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N:

I know usually this portion will be skipped by readers but....

This story is coming to an end now. Probs just one more chapter.

Writing stories on wattpad on my Samsung Note 4 journey has been amazing.

I have to admit, im not like many good authors out here.. i do not have any plot planned or outline written out as a guide for this story, i just "pick up and go" whenever i have a feel for it.

However, I do have a general idea what Patrick's and Callie's journey were but lots of characters and dramas were added along the way.

My goal was to just finish one story. Wattpad is real good test bed to see what it take to be an author and the readers (that means you) are the source of encouragement that keeps me going.

While I do get envious of the many thousand likes and comments other stories receives, I really appreciate those of you who bothered to give me a like or even a comment. You truly are my cheerleaders.
I give you my deepest heartfelt thanks.

I hope you can also give my other story a shot "my fate is you" and hopefully that one will also interest you like this story did. I will finish that up once i close the story on this one.

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I cannot emphasize enough.

Love,
Liesel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 8.8K 40
What happens when a desolate heiress meets a cheerful and handsome working student? Will they conquer the odds of being together or will they let the...
1M 36.3K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
2.7K 532 24
"This prom is not my cup of tea. I would rather be on my roof watching stars." When you are the head of your school's cheer-leading team, going to s...
50.9K 2.3K 32
When Kyree Jade Knight was young, she always had an affinity to music and she was extremely talented in it. When her father found out about it, she l...