Friendship with the Potions M...

By Yan_Senna

Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N... More

Introduction
Year 1 Part 1 (chapter 1)
Year 1 Part 2 (chapter 2)
Year 1 Part 3 (chapter 3)
Year 1 Part 4 (chapter 4)
Year 1 Part 5 (chapter 5)
End of Year 1 (chapter 6)
Year 2 Part 1 (chapter 7)
Year 2 Part 2 (chapter 8)
Year 2 Part 3 (chapter 9)
End of Year 2 (chapter 10)
Year 3 Part 1 (chapter 11)
Year 3 Part 2 (chapter 12)
Year 3 Part 3 (chapter 13)
Year 3 Part 4 (chapter 14)
Year 3 Part 5 (chapter 15)
End of Year 3 (chapter 16)
Year 4 Part 1 (chapter 17)
Year 4 Part 2 (chapter 18)
Year 4 Part 3 (chapter 19)
Year 4 Part 5 (chapter 21)
End of Year 4 (chapter 22)
Year 5 Part 1 (chapter 23)
Year 5 Part 2 (chapter 24)
Year 5 Part 3 (chapter 25)
Year 5 Part 4 (chapter 26)
Year 5 Part 5 (chapter 27)
End of Year 5 (chapter 28)
Year 6 Part 1 (chapter 29)
Year 6 Part 2 (chapter 30)
Year 6 Part 3 (chapter 31)
Year 6 Part 4 (chapter 32)
Year 6 Part 5 (chapter 33)
End of Year 6 (chapter 34)
Year 7 Part 1 (chapter 35)
Year 7 Part 2 (chapter 36)
Year 7 Part 3 (chapter 37)
Year 7 Part 4 (chapter 38)
End of Year 7 (chapter 39)
Three Months Later (chapter 40)
Thank You
New Story: The Long Lost Princess!
One Shot: A Day in Their Married Life
One Shot: Honeymoon
One Shot: Surprise
One Shot: Toddler Daughter
New Story: Capture Bonding!
One Shot: We Got You
One Shot: At the Zoo
One Shot: Severus Snape's Memories
One Shot: How She Fell in Love with the Potions Master
One Shot: Daughter's Boyfriend
Author's Note
New Story: Lonely Man!
One Shot: Rictusempra!

Year 4 Part 4 (chapter 20)

4.7K 145 283
By Yan_Senna

Author's note:
The Yule Ball is here! I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.9k
Warning: Alcohol

A week after the dance lesson, it's the last Potions class before the Yule Ball. As there's only a few days left for the party, the students are too excited to pay attention in class which irritates Severus quite a bit.

He has made the students write about Wit-Sharpening Potion. They seemed too distracted to be brewing today, and he did not want any of them to blow up his classroom.

Hopefully, writing the assignment will help them regain some brain cells. He really doubts that, though, but one can only hope.

If they ever had any to begin with, that is.

As he walks around while observing the students, he notices Potter and Weasley discussing the Ball instead of doing their assignment.

"It's mad. At this rate, we will be the only ones without a date" Weasley says, sounding worried.

Severus strolls towards the boy and smacks him at the back of his head to make him focus.

"Ouch!" the boy exclaims as he rubs the sore spot.

The boys then pretend to be writing, but the Potions Master sees right through them. Instead of scolding them, he decides to listen to their conversation while pretending to read a book.

Apparently, the two Gryffindor boys still haven't found a date. To their surprise, Longbottom found one before them.

Weasley then, really poorly, tries to ask Granger to be his date.

"Well, Hermione, you are a girl" the boy points out like this is the first time he really notices his friend's gender.

The girl looks extremely offended. "Well spotted!" she snaps.

Potter tries to warn his friends, but it's too late - Severus hits all three of them with his book.

As Severus once again pretends to be reading, he keeps listening in on their conversation.

"I won't be going alone, because believe it or not, someone asked me!" Granger says in an angry tone.

She rises from her seat to hand her assignment to the Potions Master. He grabs it as he diverts his attention to Y/L/N. She handed hers in a while ago, but she's still here. She seems to be reading in her Potions book.

Severus can't help but wonder who she will go to the Ball with.

He hears the two Gryffindor boys continue talking. Getting extremely irritated, Severus rolls up his sleeves to prepare himself.

He grabs their hair as he pushes down their heads. Both boys groan in pain.

"That will teach you to do your assignment instead of discussing dates for the Yule Ball" he says through gritted teeth as he continues to observe the students.

Once all the students finish and leave, Y/L/N stays behind.

"I see Potter and Weasley got on your nerves today" she says, trying not to laugh.

Severus smirks. "Indeed. Those idiotic boys kept discussing the Yule Ball. Speaking of that, do you have a date?" he questions, looking at her curiously.

The girl nods. "I do. I will be going with Draco" she reveals.

He raises an eyebrow at that. "Really?" he simply asks, a bit surprised.

"Yes. He wanted to ask Pansy, but she had already said yes to Marcus Flint. So Draco is trying to make her jealous. He has feelings for her, you see" she explains.

That surprises Severus - he has noticed how his Godson has been looking at Parkinson, but he wouldn't have guessed that the boy would ask Y/L/N just to make another girl jealous.

"And you are fine with that?" he questions. He would hate to see her night get ruined just because Draco Malfoy is jealous.

"Yeah, it's fine with me. Draco is my friend, and neither of us have feelings for each other. So it's fine" she says, assuring him.

Severus nods at that. "Very well. Do you fancy anyone, Y/L/N?" he asks, looking curious.

He has never noticed her looking at any boys.

The girl's cheeks turn red. "Um... I'd rather not say, if that's okay" she shyly says.

Severus can't help but feel disappointed - she usually tells him whatever is on her mind. Perhaps she likes Potter? Or Merlin forbid, Longbottom?

He wonders if she's getting bored of his company and therefore wishes not to tell him anything anymore.

He clears his throat. "Of course, you do not have to tell me anything if you do not wish to" he assures her.

He decides to change the subject. "So, do you have a dress?" he asks.

Y/L/N smiles at that. "I do. Draco's mother actually sent me one. My father asked her for advice, so she was kind enough to help him" she says as she giggles.

Severus hums at that. He wonders how Lucius and Narcissa feel about their son going to the Ball with his best friend.

Y/L/N clears her throat. "I really wish I could stay, but I have Defence Against the Dark Arts soon" she says, giving him a sad smile.

"It's okay, Y/L/N. I hope Professor Moody is teaching you something useful" he says.

The girl gives a forced chuckle. "Well, he has certainly taught us something, even demonstrated them. The first thing he taught us was the three Unforgivables" she tells him.

Severus is taken aback by that. "Demonstrated, you say?" he questions.

She nods. "He made a spider fly around in the classroom, making it land on Draco's face. He then tortured it before he killed it. It was horrible" she says, barely above a whisper as she shudders.

That makes Severus' blood boil. That stupid Auror is frightening the students! Not that he really cares about that, but he cares that it has affected Y/L/N. The girl looked quite scared as she explained the incident.

"Do let me know if he ever does anything to make you uncomfortable, Y/L/N" he says, looking serious.

The girl slowly nods. "I will. Thank you for listening, professor. See you at the Yule Ball" she says as she smiles before leaving.

"I will always listen to you, Y/L/N" he quietly says once she has left.
______________________________

A few days later, it's the Yule Ball. Severus is standing with the other teachers, looking at the four champions and their dates dancing together.

He sees that Krum is the one who asked Granger to be his date - he bets that Weasley is not happy with that.

Speaking of the Gryffindor boy, his and Potter's dates are the Patil twins. Longbottom apparently asked Weasley's sister. Interesting.

As Severus is standing next to his colleagues while taking a sip of his firewhiskey, he notices Draco and Y/L/N dancing.

The boy looks at Parkinson quite a few times, smirking when the girl seems to be jealous as she ignores Flint. Well, the boy's plan worked.

As they are dancing, Draco whispers something to Y/L/N. The girl blushes a bright red colour as she hesitantly mouths "Yes".

Severus raises an eyebrow. He wonders what the boy just asked her.

Having had enough of the party after only an hour, Severus tries to leave. However, Minerva stops him as she approaches with Y/L/N.

"Where do you think you are going, Severus?" she asks in a warning tone.

He gives her an innocent look. "To my private chambers, away from the noise" he simply says.

The woman sighs. "Not just yet, Severus. I have asked Ms. Y/L/N to help me with something" she says as she gestures to the shy girl.

He raises an eyebrow. "And what might that be?" he questions, not following her.

She smirks. "You never join the parties, so this time, I'm making you do so. I have asked Ms. Y/L/N to dance with you" she states.

The Potions Master looks quite surprised by that. "That is inappropriate, Minerva" he points out, giving her a serious look.

She chuckles. "Calm down, Severus. Albus agreed to this. It's all right. You should live a little and have fun. This is a party after all" she says in a cheery tone.

He looks at the girl who gives him a shy smile. He sighs to himself. Great, he's going to make her uncomfortable again.

"Very well, then" he mutters.

Minerva gestures for the two of them to join the dance floor. They slowly do so as they join the others.

As they start dancing, he clears his throat. "I apologise if this is making you uncomfortable, Y/L/N" he says, hoping that it's not too much for her.

She smiles at him. "Don't worry, it's okay. It's actually kind of fun" she says, chuckling.

"All right... By the way, I noticed before that Draco asked you something while the two of you were dancing. What did he ask?" he questions, looking intrigued to hear her answer.

The girl blushes. "Um, well-" she starts just before she's interrupted.

"Bloody hell, Snape can dance!" Weasley exclaims quite loudly which gains most people's attention.

The Potions Master glares daggers at the boy who gulps.

As he returns his attention to the girl, he notices Igor signalling to follow him. Severus sighs at that.

"I sadly have to leave as someone does have to make sure no students are misbehaving. I hope this wasn't too bad" he says as he looks at her.

She shyly smiles. "It's okay, sir. I had a good time, thank you for the dance" she tells him.

He nods. "My pleasure" he says before leaving to follow Igor.

As both men exit the castle, Igor confronts him.

"It's happening again, like before! Soon, neither you nor anyone else will be able to deny it!" he exclaims, referring to the possible return of the Dark Lord.

"I see no reason to discuss it" Severus simply says, already regretting that he followed the man.

He then spots some students messing around as he runs to stop them, almost slipping in the snow.

"Ten points from Hufflepuff, the same goes for Ravenclaw" he snaps at the two students who were having a make out scene in one of the carriages. They both immediately leave.

As he closes the carriage after them, Igor gets close to his face.

"It's a sign, Severus! You know it is!" he shouts, his breath strongly smelling of firewhiskey.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Severus merely replies, giving an oblivious look.

"Really?! Then perhaps you don't mind rolling up your sleeve, huh?" the Headmaster of Durmstrang demands, sounding quite drunk as he reaches out his hand.

Severus immediately stops him as he retrieves his own left arm before the man can do anything.

"Ha, you don't fool me, Severus! You ARE scared! Admit it!" Igor tries.

Severus glares at him. He might be scared, but he won't ever admit that to anyone.

"I have nothing to be scared of, Igor. Can you say the same?" he challenges him.

Igor immediately stumbles back, leaving Severus as he finally gives up.

Severus sighs in frustration. Stupid idiot. Igor could have revealed their secret if anyone were listening.

Good thing he stopped him in time before he pulled up his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark.

He deeply wishes for Igor to be wrong about the Dark Lord's return, but he knows deep inside what is going to happen.

He just hopes that it won't happen too soon.
———————————————

Author's note:
Thank you to stxrry_nightqx for the idea of Severus and Y/N dancing together at the Yule Ball!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 613 11
The war is finally over - the Dark Lord is dead. Everybody is moving on with their lives. Well, everyone except for Severus Snape. He won't admit it...
151K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
5K 172 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...
166K 4.7K 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Third year had begun and a another adventure awaits Y/N Snape. The two years of Y/N's time at Hogwarts Witchcraft and W...