Deep End - Magnus Bane

By stormyshadows__

"Love is for the weak" She said staring out of the window of Magnus' apartment, lost in the city below. "If... More

INTRO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

34

3K 118 18
By stormyshadows__

Before Sarah can even move, Valentine threw dust at the brunette who was suddenly frozen in place as if she was imprisoned by an invisible wall. She looked up at the man whose face was unreadable like always, "A little gift from the Seelie Queen."

"What have you done?" Her eyes flitted to the redhead who was cradling Jace's head in her lap, she was helpless to do anything as she pushed against the invisible barrier

"What I have to do, Sarah."

"You didn't have to do this" She shook her head in denial as Jace took his last breath and his body stilled in the redhead's arms who wailed in agony at the loss of her lover, Sarah had felt the stab in her heart when Valentine stabbed Jace, they weren't truly siblings or parabatais but their bond was stronger than that, they were family, the snowflake necklace burned at her neck

Clary had tried, fueled with the death of the person she truly loved, she swung the blade at Valentine who was quick to avoid her swing, it didn't need a genius to realize that despite her anger, she was no match for the older Shadowhunter who quickly struck her across the face deeming the redhead unconscious.

Sarah stood motionless, it wasn't really the first time she had felt helpless by the hands of Valentine, she kept on pushing on the invisible wall but to no avail, trapped, useless, loss, pain, and anger coursed through her veins. Valentine was unaware of the growing anger inside the brunette.

Her life flashed in front of her eyes years of pain and suffering from the man who claimed to be her father, years she could've lived with her real father, the promise of having the family she always wanted, ripped away from her, but what really had moved her was the promise that she made, Two promises, One to the person she loved more than anything and one to the person she loathed.

Perhaps it wasn't the loath she carried not this time, it was a sense of protection, of salvaging the mistake she had just done, and like a switch, something changed within the brunette, a surge of energy coursed through her body as if the invisible force keeping her in was pushing her away.

Valentine was deterred by the noises he turned around, and the scene had amazed him, Sarah was glowing with white light all over her figure, the force of the brunette had struck Valentine as the barrier exploded, he shook his head in anger raising his blade.

Sarah raised her blade, and they both struck at the same time, blades crashing together, "I made you a promise." He frowned, but the brunette didn't give him the chance to think over what she said before she struck him again with the blade to which he evaded.

"Love had made you weak." he spit out, "Pathetic."

The brunette was relentless, striking her blade with every power in her but Valentine would duck, evade and try to strike the brunette himself with all his might, but the Shadowhunter had an invisible power pushing her until she struck the blade out of Valentine's hand, "No, it gives me something to fight for."

"All for a warlock."

"He's not any warlock." As she was advancing on him Valentine took a dagger out of his boot, catching the brunette off guard, the dagger was embedded in her side. Sarah grunted in pain pulling the bloody dagger out, shaking her head in disgust, "You can't help it, can you?"

"Consider it my final gift." Valentine said while looking up at the brunette who now had her blade on his throat, "Do it."

She stared at the man, lips quivering in what looked like anger, "Not before I know" Valentine tilted his head in question, "Where is she?"

"Who?" Valentine feigned dumb, staring at the brunette who pressed the blade onto his heart harder. Something in Valentine's eyes flickered making the brunette more sure that he understood what she asked. "Let's not do this."

"She's six feet under. I'm not sure what you want me to say."

"Where?" She asked more fiercely than the first time feeling herself getting agitated at the older shadowhunter who didn't seem like he would answer her, he shrugged in response, "You've always known."

"Where did you bury my mother?"

"If you don't remember. Then perhaps you'll never know."

Sarah bent down getting eye-level with Valentine, looking him straight in the eye, "I'm not going to ask again.", she said pressing her lips in a thin line, never wavering not even for a second. Valentine looked away before looking back at the brunette, "Near the lodge. You'll find a stone."

"I've always loved you, Sarah."

She shook her head in disappointment, "No, not as much as you love yourself." Sarah struck the blade deep in Valentine's heart, her hands were shaking slightly as she let go of the weapon, tears streaming down her cheek, as she watched the life disappear from the only father figure she ever had.

Sarah bent down on the ground, closing her eyes tightly wishing the treacherous tears away, "Is he dead?" Clary's question pulled the brunette out of her silent grieve, nodding her head she swiped her tears away, picked her blade up, and she stood, "You okay?"

Clary nodded before her eyes fell on Jace, tears started pooling in the redhead's eyes, "He's gone. It's not fair." Sarah nodded her head, frowning as she looked at Jace's dead body, "I know."

The redhead's eyes were looking away from the brunette, Sarah followed her line of sight, eyes widening as she realized what Clary was thinking, "No."

"Why not?" Clary asked picking the Cup and the Sword up, "The angel can do whatever we ask him."

"We've established that bringing back someone from the dead, doesn't bring them back the same. We don't even know if it'd be Jace."

"We have to try. Please, Sarah."

"I can't let you....." Clary cute her off sharply, "If this was Magnus if there was even a chance, wouldn't you take it?"

Sarah sighed in defeat although it wouldn't have been the only reason to convince her to do it, she knew she needed Jace as the only family in her life after Valentine was gone, "Fine."

Clary nodded then turned around to the lake, cutting her hand, she let the blood drip into the water. Raziel instantly appeared opening his wings and spreading the light all over the place, "Angel-blooded one..." He cast his eyes towards the redhead who stood firmly in her place.

"I don't want Downworlders to die. Please, you can't let them die. I want another wish."

The angel nodded in patience, "You may compel me to one action, Clarissa Morgenstern. What is it that you ask?"

"You know my name." The redhead frowned in confusion but the angel was quick to dismiss her concerns, "Concern yourself not with what I know, but rather, what can be. If you have a desire, ask me now. And be wise. I will grant but one."

Clary turned to look at Sarah who nodded encouragingly at the redhead, She turned back to the angel with determination, "Bring Jace back. Please." as soon as Clary demanded her wish, the angel disappeared in thin air, with all the white light gone.

The redhead ran to her lover shaking him vigorously, "Jace... Jace." Sarah frowned, watching as Jace's body stirred and he opened his eyes slowly, "Are you okay?" He asked Clary.

Sarah smiled slightly, as Clary gasped in surprise, "What happened?" Jace asked looking at Valentine's dead body. "You're alive." Clary ignored the question helping Jace up, "Valentine raised the Angel. I used the wish to bring you back."

"You could have had anything else in the world... and you chose me."

"I don't want anything else in the world."

"Bringing people back... There's always a consequence."

"Not this time. This is a miracle. Okay? It's a... a gift granted by the Angel." Clary said then threw herself on the blonde kissing him fiercely on the lips, Sarah looked the other way, staring at Valentine's body.

A rustle in the bushed pulled her out of her thoughts. Alec, Izzy, and Magnus came rushing to the lakeside. Alec and Izzy's eyes fell on the couple kissing, "They're okay!"

"Actually, they're more than okay."

"Sarah, are you okay?" Magnus rushed to the brunette once his eyes fell on her weak state, but he caught himself last second, Sarah turned to him with misty eyes unable to hide her sadness or weakness anymore, she didn't know if it was because Magnus who didn't hug her right away or because of Valentine's death.

Magnus saw the crushed expression of the brunette and couldn't help himself but take Sarah in his arms, hugging her softly, "It's over." Magnus whispered in her ear while consoling her.

Sarah smiled as she watched the Shadowhunters and the downworlders clinking their glasses to Luke's cheering, "To the Shadowhunters." he raised his glass looking directly at the brunette, who nodded in appreciation.

Alec was sitting beside the brunette, "I really wish Max was here."He's gonna be okay. He has an amazing family to look out for him." Sarah smiled hopefully at the black haired Shadowhunter who grew to be her friend.

Alec nodded in agreement, "You know you do too, right?"

Sarah nodded a small smile playing on her lips, "I know."

The brunette downed her glass before excusing herself from Alec, her eyes were on Magnus who was sitting alone on the bar, "Hey."

As soon as he heard her voice, the warlock turned to the brunette, an awkward smile on his lips, he didn't know what the brunette was thinking, "Hey."

"You got your energy back." She noted, nodding at the warlock, "Mmm. My go-to home remedy after a major magic-depletion. Boiling hot bath, eight-ounce steak, medium-rare, and..." he casted a glance at his drinks, "a lot of these."

"Can we talk?" Sarah didn't want to waste her time on small talk, there was only one thing on her mind and she was hell bent on doing it.

Magnus nodded downing his glass before following the brunette to the back of the bar, "I'm sorry." She said it too fast that even Magnus turned to her, he noticed that the brunette was more awkward and nervous than usual so he sighed. "Don't apologize."

Sarah took a few steps to stand closer to the warlock, "I should've told you about the Soul-Sword-" Magnus cut her off quickly, "It's in the past."

She shook her head quickly, "No, Magnus. Listen, I don't know how or when I started feeling like that."

"Like what?"

"Going a day without thinking about you, I can't even think straight. Today with Valentine, I was ready to die. I never think like that, I don't put my life on the line for anyone. Only you. And the thought that I could die without telling you what I really feel. It was unbearable. Magnus, I don't think I can live without you. I used to have nothing but now you're my everything. "

She took a few steps now chest to the chest with the man she loves, "Magnus, I love you." Magnus didn't waste anytime putting his lips on the brunette's, kissing her softly with so much passion.

He pulled away looking in her eyes, "I love you too." Sarah smiled resting her forehead on the warlock's, they smiled softly at each other.

Magnus pulled away, "I'm all into parties, but what do you say we get out of here?" He suggested with a flirtatious grin, "Yes. Let me just get my things." The brunette agreed before rushing to the bar.

"Hey, Are you leaving?" Clary caught the brunette who just took her purse off the bar, "Yeah I'm leaving with Magnus."

Clary smiled, "I'm glad you two worked things out."

"Yeah, me too." Sarah nodded her head in agreement, "You know if you want to see her, I can draw you a portal."

The brunette frowned, "See who?"

"Your mother's grave."

Sarah couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips at the redhead's words, Clary frowned clearly not catching, "Why are you laughing?"

Sarah tried to control her chuckle, "Because you believed him." She straightened up, "One thing I knew about Valentine is that he doesn't give straight answers and when he does he's lying."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Sarah looked at Clary not missing a beat in her voice "She's not dead. My mother is still alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 2K 14
❛ i'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, stand here until i fill all your heart's desires. ❜ [isabelle lightwood x female oc] [shadowhunters] [se...
21.3K 389 14
Haylynn grew up as a normal 17 year old girl, has normal friends, and was having a normal life. But one night, that all changed. She and her friends...
252K 4.5K 57
"You'll live" my brother sighed, spinning his stele idly. "Bold of you to assume I want to after tonight" I shot back. "Stop being dramatic. They're...
289K 7K 72
Persephone: Greek Goddess of persuasion and seduction Shadowhunters Season 1-? Jace Wayland x OC Started: April 15th 2022 Finished: ... Season 1 ✅...