Love kills slowly

By SilentBullet

Christina has just started going to her new school - Everday Secondary school. She's always been bullied, an... More

Love kills slowly Chapter one.
Love Kills Slowly Chap. 2
Love Kills Slowly Chap. 3
Love Kills Slowly Chapter Four
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 5 <3
Love Kills slowly chapter six
Love Kills Slowly - Chap. 7
Love Kills Slowly Chap. 8 :'(
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 9 :D
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 10 :/
Love Kills Slowly - Chapter 11 :O
Love Kills Slowly, Chapter 13 (:
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 14 :(
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 15 :L
Love Kills Slowly. Chapter 16 :P
UPDATE
Chapter 17!
Chapter 18 :D
Chapter 19 :X
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 20
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 21
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 22 **ENDING A**
Love Kills Slowly Chapter 22 **ENDING B**

Love Kills Slowly Chapter 12 :P

772 8 1
By SilentBullet

I tossed and turned, trying to get some sleep, but I couldn’t. My head was swimming; I had so many questions, worries, fears... thoughts.  What would happen? What was the time? Where was everyone? And more worryingly - what would Matt think of it all? How long would it take for my arm to mend? I didn’t want to have to wait forever before I can move my little finger. I wondered how it was possible to break your arm when you fall down the stairs. But then again, I’m way too clumsy to do anything properly...

After several hours, I saw daylight leak into the room – it was finally morning. Ever since arriving, I had lost all sense of time. I had a private room, making the stay at the hospital even more boring than it should be. It was like a large closet. A hell hole... a completely white prison. I felt out of place, with my scruffy red hair and over all messy appearance. Everything here was so in place, it was hard to imagine that it was even a hospital. It looked more like an unoccupied room that was forever cleaned.

After all eternity, my mum came in, holding a plate piled high with slices of toast. I stared at the food, and heard my belly rumble. I had never noticed how hungry I was until then. I instantly questioned how long I had gone without food, but I quickly dismissed the thought, as I was happy to see something edible (and it seemed pleased to see me too.)

 “Glad you’re up now, sweetie. I wasn’t able to visit you yesterday, due to regulations or something like that,” my mum said, as I devoured the toast.  When she finished the sentence, I froze.

“Hang on... Isn’t it Tuesday?” I asked, half – confused.

“Nope, It’s Wednesday,” she answered, “oh, and I found this by the stairs,” she added, giving me the object along with a half hearted smile. I put it in my pocket for later – I didn’t want to appear rude, and divert her attention, and returned the grin.

After about an hour of talking, the nurse came back and kicked my mum out so I decided to pull the thing out of my pocket. (It was hard, because I could only use my left hand.) but I didn’t have time to unravel it though, because there was another visitor, so I squeezed my hand together.

“Christy! Darlin’! I heard you have a broken arm! What happened?” Rae yelled as she unexpectedly ran in, dropping her school bag and sprinting to my bed, gaining disapproving looks from the nurse behind her, who had let her in.

“Yeah, I uh....”

“Fell down the stairs?” She guessed.

“HEY! I’m not that clumsy... although that’s what happened,” I protested. Sounds like I’m gaining a reputation as the kid with two left feet. But, being known as that was better than being ignored .I thought. 

Rae then noticed my clenched fist, and demanded to know what it was.

“It’s nothing,” I said hesitantly.

“Then let me see!” Rae pleaded, knowing that I wasn’t winning this war. Due to my soppy-ness I  gave in.

“Fine,” I grunted and pushed the object to her.

She examined it, and placed the two parts together.

“It’s a heart pendant... but it’s broken,” she exclaimed, before taking a closer look. “There’s writing on it... You’ll Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground [NOTE: This is a Mayday Parade song title. All credit goes to them, for making it up]” she read out, making me freeze.

“It’s broken?” I asked, my voice shaking. I hated to think what Matt would do to me when he discovers that I was no longer wearing the trinket. I felt that to him, the necklace was almost like a tag – a possessive tag. If I wore it, he had full authority over me, if I didn’t, something could go wrong. The necklace was Matt’s defence mechanism. It was a shield, protecting me from anything that could harm me, or steal me away from him. It reminded me of a dog collar... but one that the dog wanted to wear, because if it did, it unlocked a dog treat. It was the same principle – If I wore the locket, I could have his heart, if not, I would be lost for all eternity, in a maze, where the centre was unreachable.

“... The heart is cracked; the two parts have been separated and have fallen off. Unless it’s supposed to be like that,” Rae laughed, without knowing what this meant to me.

I gave a nervous laugh, and smiled, but I felt water dwell up in my eyes. I blinked heavily to get rid of it. It was good to be with Rae again, I hadn’t seen her for what felt like eternity. I had to think positively, after all, I’d miss her when I left town...

“Christy....” Rae said, looking straight at me “I got you something,” she continued while scrounging through her bag, which lay by the door. When she leaned over to pick up her bag, the door opened, as someone came in, causing Rae to bang her head against it.

“Ouch!” Rae exclaimed, as she fell back. “It’ll end up being me in hospital, by the end of this.”

A worried face peeked from behind the door. “Sorry,” whimpered a timid voice as a boy stepped into the room, from behind the door.

I looked at the rather short, blonde haired kid whose familiar blue eyes gazed back in worry.  I tried to talk to him in eye language – You know, giving glances that others can read.

I’m not going to kill you, okay? I tried to say. I doubt it worked, because Rae started laughing.

“You look like your trying to eye-rape the poor kid!” She howled in laughter, clutching her stomach.

The boy, who looked about ten, tensed up.  I was about to question him, for I had never seen him, although he looked familiar, when I heard a choked laugh.

“Who’s that?” I asked, a little frightened.

Matt stepped into the room, grinning from ear to ear.

“That’s my little brother, Michael.  He wanted to come with me... to see you... like,” Matt mumbled, looking at his feet.

“It’s Mike, not Michael. Is this that Christabell girl? You said she was as pretty as a princess!” The boy exclaimed, looking up at Matt, in disappointment.

“Err... It’s Christina,” was all that Matt could say.

“And she is a princess,” Rae chimed in.

“Am I?”

“Yeah, you’re my princess,” Matt replied, going crimson.

“and mine!” Rae added, causing Matt to give her a deathly stare.

“You’re a princess too, Rae! And Matt’s a prince!” I giggled. Today was going almost perfectly. I hadn’t a care in the world, and I was talking to my two best friends... and a little kid.

“I better go, I mean, I’m not supposed to be sitting around talking, I should be off fighting a dragon,” Matt joked, making everyone laugh.

“Here’s your get well soon present, If I can find it,” Rae reported, as she returned to searching through her bag.

“Oh! Yeah, about that...” Matt started.

“Look, it’s nothing to worry about, I don’t want anything. Besides you-“

“Found it!” Rae yelled in triumph, cutting me off, while she shoved a purple gift bag into my good hand. I opened the bag, and spotted the card. I was about to open it when Rae snatched it out of my hands.

“Christy, I know you’re avoiding opening the present, so, you’re going to have to open that first.”

I pulled the perfectly square box out, and laid it on my legs. I looked at the shiny wrapping paper in adoration.

“You didn’t have too...” I began.

“I know. I did it anyway.” Rae snapped.

I slowly unwrapped the gift, opening the shorter sides first, making sure that I wouldn’t tear the paper. My hands were trembling. I had never received a present from a friend before. I mean, I had barely ever had friends.  Before I could ever make any, I had moved away. And when I did find someone I liked, we’d never stay in contact, or, I’d one day turn the computer on, and find an email explaining that they didn’t care about me anymore. For the first time, I felt loved by an outsider, and I knew- in my heart that we wouldn’t stay out of touch, because this time, we were friends for life. I pulled the small box out of the paper, and looked at the present in surprise and happiness.

“I know, it’s nothing much –“

“Shut up.” I said, causing Rae to stare. “These are the coolest pair of socks I’ve ever seen. They have little multicoloured Zebras on them!” I continued in excitement. I could feel my face heat up, but I couldn’t care less at the time.

“You can open up the card now, weirdo,” Rae smiled.

I did open the card, (which was one of those really cool feel-y ones.) and I was also, very excited. Although I’m seventeen, I get ecstatic over very simple things. I’ve never really wanted anything over the top. I guess that’s how I roll – Simple living makes me happy.

After a while, Mike ran out of the room, and Matt’s parents replaced him.

“Oh, so you’re the pretty face that Matt keeps talking about!” They cooed, causing Matt and myself to go rose-red.

“We’re called Rose and Ryan,” they said as they introduced themselves to me. “We know you’re name already. In fact we know quite a bit about you,” Ryan added, laughing.

“So, are you Matt’s girlfriend?” Rose asked.

“Yes,” Matt verified.

“No,” I said, in unison. I looked at Matt in confusion.

“Don’t be silly, I love you Christina,” Matt told me. “Unless...” he trailed off.

“No, no, no, no, no! Don’t think that! I... I do love you, but...”

“But?”

“But I broke the necklace you gave me,” I sobbed. I felt so guilty, and empty. I dug out the two halves of the heart from my pocket and showed him.

“Blah! It’s only a necklace. Why would you think I’d hate you for it?” He asked, before hugging me.

Trust me, I have my reasons. I thought.

When everyone had gone, and night had kicked day’s butt, I put my head down.

And I swore that I would find out why Matt hit me at some point.

I prayed to God that he had changed, before I tip-toed into sleep.

NOTE:  A long chapter! I’m so glad that I’ve done this much. It’s like 4 pages and like a line on page five, but I’m sure it will not be that long on Wattpad. Now for that Biology test on Monday...

I haven’t revised!

I’ve been grounded for calling my sister stupid. So this is taking up all my free time. YAY. I love being evil. I guess it’s what I’m good for.

;D Imma evyl moster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 334 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
397K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
266 90 18
It started with a coffee. Don't all good love stories involve coffee in some way or another? Charlotte is a college student living what she believe...
67.7K 2.1K 29
Everything changed now. I never expected to wake up, but I did. I woke up barely feeling alive with only one thought in my mind. Liam. It was alway...