The Arcana One Shots

By fandoms4everz

Because this fandom needs more content <3 Requests are OPEN! MC x Characters - Asra - Julian - Nadia - Por... More

♡Muriel - Tired?♡
♢Kid!MC x Asra - Bread♢
Intro, Keys, and Request Forms
♢Kid!MC x Julian - Thief!♢
♢Kid!MC X Lucio - Don't Worry, I've Got You♢
♢Kid!MC x Muriel - I'll Keep You Safe♢
♢Kid!MC x Portia - Steak-Outs and Flowers♢
♢Kid!MC x Nadia - Trinkets♢
♡♤MC x Valdemar - A Fine Specimen♤♡
♡ Julian x Female!MC - Oh Baby ♡
♡ When they First Hear MC Sing ♡
♡MC x Lucio - You're What?!♡
♡Merperson!MC x Julian - What a Catch!♡
♡Werewolf!MC x Muriel - To Be a Monster♡
♡Fae!MC x Asra - Merry Meet♡
♢Pixie!MC x Portia - Garden Troubles♢
Main 6 & Courtiers - COVID-19
♡♤MC x Asra - A Whole New World♤♡
♡MC x Julian - Dance With Me, Red!♡
♧Young!Lucio x MC x Lucio - Double Trouble♧
♡Valdemar x MC - Jealous for Julian?♡
♡Valdemar x MC - Meeting the Main 6♡
♡ Polyamorous!Julian x MC x Asra ♡
A Huge Thank You!
♡ Angel!MC X Lucio - Wings ♡
♧Dom!Muriel x MC - Tease♧
♡Centaur!MC x Nadia - Always together, Never Apart♡
♢PT 2 Kid!MC X Lucio - Family Matters♢
♡MC x Valerius - Oops! ♡
♢MC x Valdemar - See You Again♢
♡♤MC X Asra - Love Me Instead♤♡
Main 6 Weddings

♡MC x Lucio - Enemies to Friends to Lovers♡

716 21 3
By fandoms4everz

MC always took their work seriously. They were straightforward and professional, always ready to get straight down to business. Lucio is very childish, a partier and absolutely reckless, acting without a care in the world.

As one of the royal guards, MC found themselves often trailing behind the Count's messes and scandals, often making citizens angry and aggressive. His carefree attitude and reckless habits only made more hard work for MC and the two would often but heads. The irresponsibility and immaturity drove MC mad with fury and disdain.

On the other hand, Lucio despised how stuck up and serious MC always was. He wished they would just relax and have some fun. He couldn't fire them, however, because they did excellent work keeping him safe from angry mobs.

It began with petty remarks and snide comments that soon grew into quite the obvious feud and resentment, to the point where everyone in Vesuvia could tell just by looking at the pair.

This went on for a little over a year with MC under Lucio's employ.

Then one day after a particularly reckless stunt and MC's remark about how Lucio needed to be careful with his public standing and safety, he snapped.

"You know, you're so stuck up and serious all of the time. There is a huge stick up your ass and I'd love to remove it for you."

MC whirled around, absolutely floored by his statement. 

"I am the only one keeping you safe from the consequences of your reckless actions! I am the one who has to keep you safe from all of your ridiculous screw-ups. You are so terribly and utterly childish, selfish and incompetent. Grow up!"

And with that, they stormed out of the room.

For weeks there was no communication between the two, MC had found another guard to take their place while they cooled down.

Lucio found himself missing the banter and MC's witty remarks.

MC on the other hand was reflecting, wondering if they really did need to loosen up, frustrated for even considering his words.

One day, they pass each other in the corridor and simultaneously, they break the silence.

"You're right. I need to grow up a little more,"

"Maybe I do need to loosen up a bit,"

Taking MC's advice, Lucio began to clean up his act. He stopped being reckless and antagonizing citizens with his careless actions, and found that a lot more people actually began to like him.

MC, on the other hand, found that letting loose every now and again, and not being such a workaholic lead to a more fun and fulfilling lifestyle.

With time, they began to see eye to eye more often than not. They were able to share their opinions without an argument.

Slowly but surely, they became friends, hanging out, sharing drinks, and going on little adventures at Lucio's whimsy.

Another year passed and this blossoming friendship turned into something no one expected.

It was in the way he stared at them as they stood guard on public outings, keeping the crowds at bay. The way he would only get timid from a passing remark made by MC. How he changed something so fundamental about his character just for their approval.

Nadia was the first to notice. Her relationship with Lucio was loveless, purely for business in her eyes, so when she noticed the Count's reactions to MC, she was surprised but not at all hurt.

"You're in love with them," She stated simply, the two of them alone at dinner.

Lucio nearly spat out his drink. 

"What?! N-no I'm not, w-why would you ever think that?" He denied, caught off guard.

"Please, Lucio. We've been married for years. You really don't think I can tell when you're lying?"

"I don't like them at all. We're feuding, can't you tell?" He said, regaining his composure.

Nadia, knowing full well that Lucio was full of it, dropped the subject.

Internally, however, Lucio wondered about what Nadia had said. Was he in love with his guard? He knew exactly who Nadia was talking about the moment she said something, which meant he definitely had some feelings for them. But love? Lucio had only ever loved one thing: himself. Could he really have caught such deep feelings for someone else?

Meanwhile, MC was dining with other staff, including their good friend and the Chamberlain, Portia.

Sat around one of many small, wooden tables, MC and Portia chatted away, sharing details about their day. 

When MC brought up one of Lucio's most recent antics, Portia couldn't help but smile and jest.

"You like him, don't you?" She said, elbowing MC lightly, a smirk on her face.

"Like who? Lucio? Please," MC said, putting another spoonful of food in their mouth.

"As if I could ever fall for someone like him. He may be less of an ass now, but he still only cares about himself."

Portia laughed. "That may be true, but that doesn't mean you don't still like him," She pressed.

MC denied the sentiment and changed the subject, asking about Portia and Nadia. It was quite obvious that the two women had something going on beneath the surface.

Despite denying their feelings at dinner, both MC and Lucio couldn't shake the feeling that maybe they did have feelings for the other.

In the coming days, the air between the Count and his guard was tense and uncomfortable, each considering their feelings and the implications of their friendship.

On MC's day off that week, they were making their way through the market, on their way to the palace so they could finally get their feelings off of their chest. They were going to confess to Lucio, and pray to the Arcana that they wouldn't lose their job entirely.

The market was flourishing with life, as usual, however, this meant being shoulder-to-shoulder with other patrons and due to the close proximity, MC bumped into someone in the oncoming traffic.

"I am so sorry, I - " MC cut themselves off as they met the gaze of the other person.

"Count Lucio, I do apologize," They said, head bowing down to look at the ground.

"MC, just who I wanted to see!" Lucio said, taking them by the hand and pulling them out of the crowd, down a quiet side street.

"You wanted to see me?" MC asked, confused

"Yes, well, urm," Lucio began, scratching his head in nervousness. "I have something to tell you," 

"Oh, well, what is it then?"

Lucio took a deep breath. MC looked at his face, noticing the red tint to his cheeks and the nervous smile on his lips.

"Since we've started hanging out, and all that, I've started to care a little less about myself and a little more about you. Shocker, I know. Believe me, I was just as surprised." He said.

"The truth is, MC, that I like spending time with you, even when you're just doing your job. But it's more than that. I like you. A lot. Again, shocker, I know. I didn't think I had these sorts of feelings but here we are I guess."

MC just stood there, completely baffled by what they were hearing. How funny that they should be on their way to tell him the exact same thing when he says it first.

"Well, come on, don't just stand there say something!" Lucio says in a panic.

MC can't help but just laugh.

"What?! Don't laugh at me, this is serious MC, I'm not joking!" He whines.

"I know, I know," MC says through the last of their laughter. "It's just, I was on my way to the palace to tell you the same thing. Spending time with you is great. I feel so much more relaxed and at ease. And truth be told, I've started to like you a lot too."

Lucio grins and pulls MC closer by the hands again.

"Well, it's high time you stopped being my guard and start being my lover then, hmm?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And another chapter down!

Thanks to @embu65 for this request! I had fun writing this, and I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

More chapters on the way now that summer courses are over for me.

Thanks for all of your support!

- Fandoms <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 563 19
A fanfic about what happened after MC agreed to stay with Julian in the Hanged Raven. Unsatisfied with sitting and drinking for the rest of eternity...
136K 4.6K 58
The story of how an attentive magician and his apprentice fell in love. The story of how they grew up together only to realize they were destined for...
353K 4.3K 52
**DISCLAIMER** I do not own The Arcana, nor Nyx Hydra or you! I only own the book and the actions taken place in the book. __ Y/n- your name H/c- ha...