Someone Worth Staying For (Ho...

By LostOncer

Malivore was out of Landon and Landon was back to normal, and not stuck in the darkness. The question was, is... More

Writer's Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The End

Chapter 7

2.3K 77 4
By LostOncer

Hope's P.O.V.
    After awhile of driving, we finally made it to New Orleans. We had to stop a few times to get food or to use the restroom. I tried my best to keep my hunger down, knowing it would overcome me soon and I would lose control. It was late when we finally pulled into the driveway of the mansion. "Are you sure your family is okay with us staying here?" I hear Josie ask and I turn to look at her after parking the car. "Of course it's okay. I am not allowing you three to stay in a hotel the entire time when we have room. If any of them are against it, then they will just have to deal with it." I told her and smiled at her. I knew she was worried about intruding but no matter what, I am not leaving them in a hotel. I turned off the car and looked at Landon. "Now my uncle will probably have somethings to say about me having a boyfriend, so if he says anything just ignore him." I said and I could see him suddenly get more nervous then he already was. "It'll be fine." I told him and smiled. I knew my uncle would be the one to try and be all protective over me, especially when it came to a relationship. If my dad and uncle Elijah was still here, they would be the ones to be overprotective about me being in a relationship and uncle Kol would probably be telling me to have fun but not too much fun. But since he and Marcel are the only male family I have left, they basically took over that overprotective job, but uncle Kol is a bit more fun about it all.

    We all get out of the car and start to grab our things out. Eventually I hear footsteps coming towards us. "Well if it isn't our little niece. Finally you got here." I hear my uncle Kol speak up. I stop helping get things out of the car and run to my family to give them a hug. I missed being with them and seeing them all together like this. "It's so good to see you all. I've missed you guys."

Josie's P.O.V.
    Seeing Hope this happy, was something I haven't seen in a long time. It definitely made me smile. I wanted Hope to be happy and seeing her this way, made me happy. Hope definitely deserved and needed this trip. I help Landon and Lizzie get the rest of our stuff out of the car. Hearing Lizzie complain that Hope left us to do the rest, I give her a look and she just rolls her eyes. "You do know I can hear you, right Lizzie?" I hear Hope speak up, making me giggle softly and making Lizzie glare at me for laughing at the situation. "Right I have to be more careful of what I say now because Hope can hear everything now." Lizzie said and rolled her eyes again. "Guys come here." Hope says and we all walk around to see her family standing there. "Guys this is my aunt Freya, my aunt Rebekah, and my uncle Kol." Hope introduced her family to us. "You can meet the others later." Her aunt Freya said, probably talking about their spouses. We've all heard about Hope's family so I remembered that her aunts and uncle are all married. "And this is Lizzie." Before Hope could continue introducing us, Lizzie interrupted her and smiled at Hope's family. "Your house is beautiful." I knew it would be something like that. "Anyways, this is Landon." This time Hope waited, probably knowing someone would speak up again. "It's nice to meet you all." Landon said and I could tell he was nervous to meet Hope's family, being the boyfriend and all. "So you're the boy that my little niece is dating." Her uncle Kol said and took a step closer to Landon. "Uncle Kol." Hope said and he backed up. "I'll ask questions later then." "Just ignore him." She gave Landon a smile which I hated for some reason. "Now that uncle Kol has backed off." "Not for long." "Kol, just drop it." Freya said and looked at Hope to let her continue. "And this is Josie." I look at Hope and see her smiling at me, making me smile back at her. After a moment, I look at them and smiled. "It's nice to meet you two." I had already met Freya when Hope had jumped into Malivore and no one remembered her. "It's good to see you again Josie." Freya smiled at me and it made some of the others look at the both of us, wondering how we knew eachother. "Josie came to me when no one had remembered Hope. She asked for my help and once I did help, everyone remembered." Freya explained to the others, making them understand how we had met.

    "Well now that the introductions are over with, you kids get inside. We will show you to your rooms and you can rest because I'm sure you all had a long day." Rebekah smiled and started heading inside the house. Hope looked at us all and smiled. "Come on. I can give you guys a tour of the house before we sleep." We all grab our things and follow Hope and her family into their home. "And I want a tour of New Orleans and some shopping." Lizzie said, making me shake my head. I knew Lizzie would be this way in a new place. "I know Lizzie. I had already planned on doing that while we were here." Hope told Lizzie, making her give Hope a smile.

    After what felt like hours, we finally finished the house tour and Hope was now leading us to our rooms. "So you guys can pick which room you want but those are your choices." Hope said after showing us three different rooms that her family had gotten ready for us. "If you guys need anything, my room is just down the hall." I look down the hall and Hope's room wasn't too far but it wasn't like right next door. "And no sleepovers in Hope's room." Her uncle Kol said as he walked by. We all knew he was talking to Landon. "Uncle Kol, seriously?!" I could see Hope was a bit embarrassed that her uncle said something like that but she tried to play it off. "He's just messing around." She said and I know he wasn't just messing around. "Well I'm taking this room." Lizzie said and walked into a room and closed the door. It already felt weird that Lizzie and I wasn't in the same room but I know my sister all too well to know that she would either end up in my room or she would be telling me to join her in hers. "I think I'm gonna turn in too. It has been a long day. Goodnight Hope." Landon said and I looked away when I noticed him leaning in to kiss Hope. It took a moment before I heard Hope's voice. "Goodnight Landon." I kept looking away from Hope as I hear Landon close the door. "Hey, you okay?" I turn to look at Hope and nodded. "Uh, yeah just tired." Well that was true but why did it sound like I was just trying to find an excuse to tell Hope? "Well goodnight Jo. Really, if you need anything, don't feel bad for coming to wake me up." She knows me so well to know I would feel bad for waking her up for anything. "Well hopefully I won't need anything because I don't want to wake you." "I know you don't but if you do need something, come get me okay?" I just nod my head at her and saw her smile at me. "Goodnight Hope." I smiled at her and then walked into my room. I could hear her footsteps start to get quiet, as she walked farther down the hallway.

    Throughout the night, Lizzie ended up coming to my room and getting in the big bed with me. She ended up talking my ear off for a bit but eventually we got to sleep. When morning came, I woke up to see Lizzie awake and trying to figure out what to wear for the day. "Finally you're awake, you can help me choose my outfit." I hear her say and I groan and pull the blankets over my head. "Hey! Don't do that. I need help, please Jo?" I hear her say even though it was a bit muffled because of the blankets covering my head. I eventually get up and help her out. "The hobbit and I are going to ask Hope if she'll take us around New Orleans today, you in?" I smiled softly at her as I start to get my outfit out for the day. "Yeah I would love to see why Hope loves this place so much." "Of course, it's always about Hope." "What do you mean Lizzie?" I asked and turned to look at her and she just shook her head. "Oh nothing." I just drop the subject, knowing she probably wouldn't tell me, no matter how much I wanted to know what she meant.

    After we got dressed and met up with Landon, we headed to Hope's room. I quickly knock on the door before Lizzie could just barge in, remembering what had happened when I had just walked in back at home. "Josie, are you okay?" I hear Landon ask and didn't even realize I had started blushing when the thought of Hope in a towel popped up into my head. "Huh, y-yeah!" I quickly say and hide my face. "Come in." We all hear from the other side of the door and Lizzie opened the door as if it was a life or death situation. "We want to go shopping." She instantly says. "What she means to say is, we would like to explore New Orleans." I say to make it sound less demanding. "We want to see  where you grew up." Landon smiled at Hope and she just looked at all of us. "Uh yeah of course, but do you guys mind waiting here for a bit. I have something I have to do." I look at Hope and can tell it's something important by the look in her eyes. "You're going to make us wai-" "Of course we will wait. Lizzie will get over it." I interrupt Lizzie, knowing she would make this about her. "We can get to know your family better, even if it is a bit scary." Landon said, making Hope let out a slight chuckle. "Thanks guys. I will ask my aunt to make you guys some food and keep you company. I'll be back later." Hope says and walks past us and out of her room, going down the hall.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I am so glad Josie was there to stop Lizzie because I got the feeling if she would've kept going, I might've lost my temper. Having heightened emotions really sucks sometimes because I can't control my temper a lot of the time. But at the same time, it can be amazing, the good type of feelings. I walk downstairs to find someone to let them know where I was heading. I find Keelin in the kitchen and smiled. "Well it's good to finally see you." I say and she turns around and smiled at me. "Hey Hope." She said and walked up to me and hugged me. I definitely needed a hug at the moment to calm my temper. "I see you're finally awake." I hear aunt Freya's voice from behind us. I let go of Keelin and give a good morning hug to aunt Freya. "Hey, do you think you guys can make some breakfast for my friends and keep them company for awhile?" I asked them and they both looked at eachother and then back at me. "Of course we can but where are you going?" Keelin asked and I looked to aunt Freya, knowing she would know by just a simple look. "Somewhere I haven't been to in what seems like too long." I said softly and Keelin finally understood. "You don't want anyone to go with you?" "No, I think I should do it alone." I said and bit my bottom lip softly, from just the thought. "Alright, be careful. Kol wanted to start training today but he'll understand." Freya said and gave me a soft smile. "I'll be back later. Tell the others I said morning and that I'll be back." They both nodded their heads. "You don't want something to eat first?" Keelin asked, knowing I probably needed to eat or feed but with the thought in my mind, hunger was, for once, far from my mind at the moment. "Maybe later. I'll be fine, I promise." I said, knowing they would be worried I would lose control of my hunger. Before they could say anything else, I leave the house and get in the car to start driving down the road.

    After a bit of driving, I finally make it to my destination. I take a deep breath before stepping out of the car. I walk through the cemetery until I reached where I was headed. I sit on the ground and look at what was in front of me. "Hey mom. Hey dad." I said softly and felt tears already filling my eyes. "I know it's been too long since I've visited but life has been very chaotic recently. For example, I'm now the full tribrid. And I saved a bunch of people." I was now fully crying. "I hope you both are proud of me. I miss you both so much and wish you guys were here. I could really use advice about somethings from you guys." I knew I was talking about the hunger problem but also whatever else was happening with me that I wasn't aware of yet, I could just feel something was different. "I'm just going to sit here and talk to you guys for awhile. I hope you can hear me." I said and continued talking and explained everything that has happened recently and how I had a boyfriend but ever since I became the tribrid, things seemed different between the two of us. I really do miss them so much.

Freya's P.O.V.
    "Okay so did you guys see how Hope and Josie looked at eachother when Hope was introducing everyone?" Rebekah asked Kol and I and Kol was obviously oblivious. "How did they look at eachother?" He asked and Rebekah rolled her eyes and then looked at me. "Oh I definitely saw it. You don't think?" I asked and she already knew what I was trying to say because I saw her give a little smirk. "Think what?" Kol says before Rebekah could respond and we both just give him a look and go back to our conversation. "I definitely think so. I have never seen our little niece smile or look at someone, the way she did with Josie." Rebekah said and I couldn't agree more, especially since I've seen her with her first boyfriend, whom we won't even mention his name. "Do you think they realize it?" I asked but before Rebekah could answer, we all hear someone coming closer to the room so we stop talking, not wanting anyone to hear us. We all look at the doorway and see Josie walk in, looking kind of worried.

    "Hey, uh has Hope come home yet?" She asked and I give Rebekah a look, basically telling her that I think we were right about Hope and Josie. "No, why do you ask?" Kol asked and Josie seemed to get even more worried. "It's been hours and she hasn't come home or answered any messages or calls. L-Lizzie is getting upset because Hope was supposed to take us around New Orleans today." I could tell she only brought up Lizzie to hide that she was worried about Hope more than anything. "She will be home soon, I'm sure." I said and Josie just looked at me with a worried look on her face. "Are you sure she's okay? What if something happened to her? What if she lost control of her hunger?" She asked, being frantic and worried. Rebekah and I stood up and walked up to her. "Josie look at us. We promise you, Hope is okay." Rebekah said and I knew that wouldn't stop Josie from worrying completely. "Would you like to know where she went?" I asked and Rebekah looked at me, asking if I was sure about this and I gave her a look back, to basically tell her that we could trust Josie to not tell the others. And if Josie worried this much about Hope being gone too long, then it wouldn't seem like she knew if she asked Hope if she was okay when she came home. To Hope it would just seem like Josie was worried. "Will it make you feel better if you knew?" Rebekah asked and Josie looked at us and nodded her head. "Yeah it would." "Hope went to visit her parents, so she's probably talking their ears off by now. She's okay." "Oh. She didn't want company from anyone, no support?" Josie asked and Rebekah and I chuckled together. "Josie, if you know Hope like we do, then you know she's more of a lone wolf with most things." Rebekah said and Josie sighed. "Yeah you're right. She is a lone wolf. I just hope she's doing okay." "She'll be fine. Now please don't tell your sister or Landon because if they bring it up to Hope, she'll blame us and we don't need her being pissed right now with her hunger problems." I explained and I knew we could trust Josie. "Yeah, you're right. I promise I won't tell them anything. Thank you for telling me." "Good. She should be home soon so try not to worry so much." Josie nodded and walked out of the room, probably to go wait for Hope. After Josie walked away, I turned to Rebekah and brought up our conversation from before. "They definitely have something going on, whether they realize it or not."

Author; Again sorry for no updates for a little while. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I also deleted my author notes I posted so they're not taking up so many parts of the story. Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 325 10
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. So, when Hope was being thrown out of Malivore, she told Ryan she would find a w...
1.6K 16 15
WARNING. CONTAINS SMUT. DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SMUT. (I do not own legacies or any of the characters in this story. I only own this storyline) ...
114K 2.7K 20
Hopes Humanity was gone. Yet it was close to returning. What if Rebekah finally revealed the truth to the Tribrid. And what if that truth. Was the...
11.8K 333 21
Instead of turning off her humanity Hope mourns Landon's death. Grief stricken and heart broken the Tribrid begins to isolate herself from others inc...