North Western Profiles

By Greylockstudios

This will primarily be a way to help those of you reading NNWRS get a better idea of some of the characters t... More

Roster Page 1
Roster Page 2
Roster page 3
Roster Page 4
Roster page 5
Roster Page 6
Roster Page 7
Roster Page 8
Roster Page 9/10
Roster Page 11
Roster Page 12
Roster Page 13
Roster Page 14
Roster Page 15
Roster Page 16
Roster Page 17
Roster Page 18
Roster Page 19
Roster Page 20
Roster Page 21
Roster Page 22
Roster Page 23
Roster Page 24
Roster Page 25
Roster Page 27
Roster Page 28
Roster Page 29
Roster Page 30
Roster Page 31/32
Roster Page 33
Roster Page 34
Roster Page 35
Roster Page 36
Roster Page 37
Roster Page 38
Roster Page 39
Roster Page 40
Roster Page 41
Roster Page 42
Roster Page 43
Roster Page 44
Roster Page 45
Roster Page 46
Roster Page 47
Roster Page 48

Roster Page 26

88 0 0
By Greylockstudios

(26) Jock

                      Jock is an Ex-LNER V2 class 2-6-2, designed by Sir Nigel Gresley for express mixed traffic work on the LNER's mainlines. Number 4775 would be built at Doncaster in 1936, being the last member of the first batch of 5 V2's to be built that year. During his first year on the LNER, 4775 quickly acquired reputation as a determined and durable mixed traffic engine, briefly deputising an express service when an A1 failed. However, in 1937, he would wind up arriving on the NWR for work on their mainline, specifically the section from Anopha Fell onwards, as he was just light enough to fit into the Mines at Anopha. 4775 would eventually feel the need to pick out a new livery and for himself so that he could fit in better with the other engines. At first, he couldn't pick a perfect color or name, and most other engines couldn't offer much good options, at least that was the case until 4775 would encounter some fellow Scottish speakers, the Scottish twins, who suggested going for a livery akin to the older highland railway days, mentioning the nickname that livery would often come with. After finally settling on a livery and a name, 4775 entered Crovan's gate works in apple green, and left the works in a Highland railway esque yellow livery, and triumphantly announcing his name as 'Jock'. Throughout his time on the NWR, Jock has always seen allocation at Arlesburgh MPD, and  mainly works the fish trains, though he can be seen commonly on the fast goods, and sometimes deputises on the express services when Rex is away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 26 9
Dear Friends, After Gabriel was sent away to be repaired, Stephen and his father went to look for new engines. They found two and go and help restore...
20.4K 297 21
You have lived your entire life on the Mainlands. That is until you get a letter from Sir Topham Hatt to come work on his railway on the beautiful is...
153K 1.1K 31
The Magic is Gone. Their Universe has been forgotten. The adventures of the engines on the Island of Sodor have captivated generations of children. B...
448 1 11
Hard times befall the island of Sodor and the current head of The NorthWestern Railway is forced to lease one of his families engines. The choice fal...