Never Turning Back ~3

Por Vampirediaries1996

No one tells you how much things will hurt when those you love most are ripped from your life. It's been seve... Más

Characters
Here Comes Trouble
Explanations and Avoidance
Where's Hayley?
Plans Going Wrong
Trusting Evil
Death Becomes Us
Trapped
Finding the Key
Can You Pass the Beignets?
Getting Rid of Darkness
I Do
Trips Down Memory Lane
Throw Away the Plan
Always and Forever
This is Life
It's All About That Knife
Game Day
Lessons Learned
Protectors
High School Drama Part 1
High School Drama Part 2
Knowledge is Power
Fighting for Love
Pouring Your Heart Out
Head Dive
Subconscious
Damsel in Distress
Let's Get Lover Boy
Who Remembers?
Nightmares and Wishes
Changed Future and Talent Shows
Can I Have This Dance?
Triad and Malivore Rising
Summer Adventures
Escaping Malivore and Reunion
Trolls or Just Teenage Boys
Hi Hope
Touch Down
Oni and Samurai
80s Labyrinth Party
Back in the Quarter
Commonwealth Day
Liars and Secret Keepers
Remember Now
Memories
Sphinx and Reality
SimuLandon
Blood Transfusion
Merry Christmas?
Christmas Spirit

Mummy and M.G.

925 23 2
Por Vampirediaries1996

What are your thoughts about how season 4 is going?

Henry's POV

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very...white of you." Kaleb comments.

"It's retro." He argues.

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie argues.

"She's not wrong." I side with her. Josie and Hope smack me on my head. "I hate both of you." I complain.

"I brought snacks." Hope says.

"Oh sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?" Lizzie argues.

"You had no problem with Henry going on it." Hope fires back. "And like I was going to let you guys chase monsters without me?"

"Henry would also like to say just because I'm the shortest in this van does not mean I don't appreciate some legroom. I'm a growing boy." I argue.

"Henry should really not refer to himself in the third person." Hope fires back.

"And Hope should shu..."

"Mikaelsons!" Dr. Saltzman scolds us from the front. "No more arguing."

"I've would've thought you wanted to spend your break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend." Lizzie continues to jab at Hope.

"Sorry for wanting to protect the outside world from my mistakes. You know there's currently an urn on a river cruise spreading plagues across America because I thought a unicorn was cute."

"I second that. I said we should have killed it." I chime back in, trying to move closer to everyone so I can hear what they're saying.

"Plus, our parents are backpacking through Europe." Hope says.

"Why?"

"Our mom hasn't seen it, and our dad promised to take her. Plus, it's an excuse for them to have sex in every country in the world." I add.

"Eww." Lizzie and Hope groan.

"Don't act like you don't know; that's what mom and dad are doing, Hope. They are horrible about their sex lives."

"I would like to not mention your parents' sex lives. I was your mother's guardian at one point." Dr. Saltzman reminds me.

"And you tried to marry and have a relationship with our mom's best friend and technically are raising children with her. It's not weird at all how our families are connected." I fire back.

"Y'all are weird people." Kaleb comments.

"What's weird is Dr. Saltzman used to date our mom's aunt Jenna before she was killed by our father so he could break his hybrid curse." I add, and Hope hits me again. "Ow!"

"Shut it, Henry."

"You people are so freaking weird." Kaleb sinks further into the passenger seat.

"No, what's weird is that Hope wants to ruin yet another Saltzman family Spring Break."

"When did I ever ruin a Spring Break?"

"Girls? We're gonna be in this classic automobile for six hours, all right? So no bickering." Dr. Saltzman says.

"It would help if it wasn't a thousand degrees in here. I'm burning up." Hope complains.

"You're burning up. Now that's ironic." Lizzie comments.

"What does that even mean?"

"Don't play dumb. I see you. I see right through you."

"I don't know what you're talking about. What happened to playing nice?"

"Over. Done. I'm getting back to me. I am who I am."

"And I love who you are." I tell Lizzie, which causes Hope to groan.

"Shut up, Henry!"

"You shut it, Hope!"

"I'm going to tell mom."

"What that you're being a bitch? She knows that." I fire back.

"You take that back." Hope tries to crawl in the back to fight me.

"Mikaelsons!"

"You suck, Hope!"

"You suck more, Henry!"

"God, we should have left both of them." Lizzie complains.

"You don't mean that." I push myself over Mr. Williams to be in the center to look at Lizzie. "I brought you this." I hand over some chocolate.

"It's half-eaten."

"With the intent to share with you, but I got hungry."

"I'm boiling." Hope complains again about the heat.

"I'm freezing." Lizzie adds.

"I'm starving." Josie and I say together.

"Punch buggy." Lizzie hits Hope's arm.

"Can I drive?" I ask.

"No."

"I'll get us there faster than you."

No."

"You suck as a driver." I complain.

"Sandwiches?" Mr. Williams offers.

"Yes." We all scream, and he passes out the food.

"Why you all think sandwiches are the only thing to eat is beyond me." I complain.

"And what would you eat?" Lizzie asks me.

"I would start off by making a fine French three-course dinner starting off with a grilled pear and brie salad, followed by Coq Au Vin, and finished with a chocolate soufflé."

"So all the things Lizzie likes." Hope says.

"Yes." I answer proudly.

__________________________________
"Fun fact. This town has the biggest ball of yarn in the country." Josie shares with us. "And nobody's seen anything strange."

"I found out the mayor is sleeping with his stepsister's nanny's boyfriend." I share.

"What?" They ask me.

"Small town. Weird shit happens." I say.

"Well, none of this exactly a hotspot of activity. Our hopes of finding anything are going up in smoke." Lizzie says.

"Lizzie..."

"Wait, are you passive-aggressively referring to that fire in my dorm room three years ago?" Hope asks.

"And here it goes." I mutter.

"You mean the one you set on purpose to sabotage our spring break trip with our dad?" Lizzie accuses. "No, Hope. Why would I talk about that?"

"Hope didn't start any fire." I defend my sister.

"Dude, you've lost it." Hope says to Lizzie.

"The only thing that we lost was a week of quality family time. Dan had to cancel the trip to deal with the damage. So mission accomplished."

"You guys are just talking about ancient history." Josie tries to deescalate the situation.

"We know the importance of family time, Lizzie. Hope would never have done that to you." I tell her, but she is so stubborn for her own good.

"Ow." Josie yelps. "Something stung me."

"Ew." Hope says as we see the welt on Josie's wrist.

"Gross."

"I really want to poke it." I say, and the three girls glare at me.

"You are sick, Henry." Hope says to me. All four of us look up, seeing a swarm of something in the air. "This is plaguey, right? This seems plaguey." Hope comments at the sight before us. People are screaming around us, running for their lives.

"It's plaguey." Josie confirms.

"I hate bugs." I state as we duck for cover in one of the buildings to ride it out. We just hear the bugs just slamming themselves against the windows and doors until the sound stops. I slowly open the door finding all of the bugs on the ground.

"We need to find your dad." Hope says. "This way."

"Does this way take us past the fire station?"

"Lizzie, I would really back off right now." I warn her.

"No, she needs to answer for what she's done to me."

"Oh my God. We barely just survived a biblical plague. For the last time, I didn't start that fire, and I never ruined a Spring Break."

"Yeah, Lizzie, now's not the time." Josie adds.

"Fifth grade. You callously gave me the flu while we were building our float for witch week. With global warming, I may never see the Florida Keys. That's on you."

"We built it with Alyssa Chang, who had pneumonia over Spring Break." Hope argues. "It wasn't me, and neither was that fire."

"Then why did I see you giving us a death glares through the window?"

"There's a boil on my boil." Josie says.

"Oh, God!"

"Ew."

"I so want to pop it now." I declare, and Josie keeps her arm away from me.

"Pick up the pace, Hope, my sister needs..." Lizzie stops, and we see some clean-up crew already here directing the whole town through some white tents.

"You're going to be safe. Get on the buses." People in hazmat suits instruct while others clean up the dead bugs.

"Oh, shit is going down." I mutter.

"Please form a single file line and proceed to the triage tent for processing." Someone orders. We find Dr. Saltzman, Emma, and Kaleb and get in line with them, but none of this feels right.

"I don't get it." Hope starts off. "The locals that we met said that they hadn't seen anything, which means that the first sign of trouble happened after we got here."

"Don't tell them anything. Not even who you are." I instruct everyone.

"How did these people get here before the bugs?" Emma asks.

"I don't know who they are, but they're too prepared, organized, and well-equipped to be responding to some random insect attack." Dr. Saltzman says.

"You together?" A woman asks us with a clipboard in hand.

"Yeah, you know, we just came in from Roanoke to see that giant ball of yarn you guys have." Dr. Saltzman lies.

"And these are?"

"This is my wife..." Dr. Saltzman pulls Emma closer to him. "These are my daughters and son from my first marriage and..." He looks at Kale. "And Kaleb is..."

"My boyfriend." Both Lizzie and Josie say at the same time. Kaleb plays along.

"When you're good, you're good, right?" Kaleb drapes his arms over their shoulders.

"Hands off." I mutter to him. The lady ushers us through, and we pass but not without Hope and I making eye contact with the strange guy outside of Seylah's house. We split up, acting like we belong, trying to get a rundown of this place.

"Don't look, but that guy over there was outside Seylah's house when we were in Kansas with the fake gas leak." Hope whispers to Dr. Saltzman.

"And we're pretty sure he recognized us." I add. Of course, like an idiot, he looks over.

"I said don't look." Hope scolds him.

"What's he doing here?" I ask.

"I don't know. Probably the same thing we were. Trying to cover things up. There are groups like this scattered all over the globe. Probably tracking the same activity, we were." Dr. Saltzman shares.

"And that's a lot of military-grade weapons for an insect breakout." I comment.

"Guys." Hope gets our attention. "Their gear." We notice the oxygen tanks and scuba gear.

"They're here for the urn."

"Dorian." I mutter.

__________________________________
"I work for an organization that keeps monsters and things that go bump in the night from public view. I thought I recognized you, Jessica, and Liam..."

"It's Hope and Henry, actually." Hope corrects the ass who seems to know more than he's letting on.

"I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence, so we searched your van. We know you're Alaric Saltzman, headmaster of the Salvatore School. We know a lot about it. You have a terrific reputation."

"Leave the school out of this." Dr. Saltzman orders.

"Look, I applaud your school's mission. If you do your job right, it makes mine easier."

"And that's what we live for is to make your shitty life easier." I fire back at him.

"Cute for such a sm..." He goes to pat my shoulder, but I grab his arm and twist it, causing him to gasp in pain.

"If you want to keep that arm don't ever touch me again." I threaten. I release his arm, and he rubs it.

"So why are we still here?" Dr. Saltzman asks.

"Well, I have an entire town that needs to forget what they've seen today. You know, usually, it's convincing a farmer in Nebraska he didn't see a chimera, you know, or a few ice fishermen in Minnesota that it wasn't a yeti that ate their best friend. This is an entire town. It's different. We could use the assistance of a vampire. I noticed the daylight ring on your daughter's boyfriend..."

"Oh, he's not their...never mind." Dr. Saltzman says.

"Why not call it a freak swarm of bugs?" Hope questions. "Why erase it from memory?"

"Because someone may recognize them for what they are."

"Which is what?"

"Harbingers."

"Of what?"

"Seriously? This is obviously the work of a mummy." He says. Dr. Saltzman lets out a cheer.

"I told you." He rubs it in.

"One of our drivers survived an attack by the river. He's still on the outskirts of town, but he's heading in our direction. We're a clean-up organization. Okay, we're not equipped to go to battle with a mummy."

"And you think we are?" I ask him.

"I do. With the magic coursing through all of you, there is enough to stop this mummy. So will you help? Cut him off at the pass and keep all these people safe?"

"Oh, these are ids."

"Kids with magic, in a town full of innocents without it."

"We'd be happy to help." Hope says.

"I'm gonna need my weapons." Dr. Saltzman negotiates.

"I always have mine." I state, never taking my gaze off the man who I don't trust for one second.

"Of course. Gather what you need. Round up your friends. My team can help you with anything else." The guy walks away, leaving us to strategize what we need to do to stop the mummy.

"Okay, I know you don't remember our trip to Kansas clearly, but that field that we woke up in, in Georgia, that's where the portal to Malivore is." Hope shares with Dr. Saltzman.

"It's hidden in plain sight by a company called Triad." I add. I show the business card for the man named Ryan Clark. "Look familiar?" I quiz Dr. Saltzman.

__________________________________
"Some people find it helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle." Lizzie is still holding a grudge against Hope.

"Not stopping you."

"Should we like not pick fights with each other?" I ask them.

"I agree with Henry. This is not the time." Josie tries to keep the peace.

"It's always the time for truth."

"How do you like her?" Hope questions me.

"I find Lizzie fascinating and beautiful..."

"Last chance Hope. If you didn't start that fire to keep us from going, then why were you so mean to after?" Lizzie questions Hope. "I'll tell you why because you were guilty."

"Lizzie, she didn't start the fire." I defend my sister.

"You don't have to cover for your sister Henry. I know what she did."

"Girls! Quiet back there, please. Seriously." Dr. Saltzman snaps.

"I'm not a girl." I remind him.

"Then stop gossiping like one."

"Ugh!" I complain.

"I wasn't mean to you. You were mean to me." Hope argues.

"Because you were telling people about my episode."

"Your what?"

"My episode. The one I had when our trip got canceled. You told everyone that I was witch bipolar."

"She would never do that." I defend Hope. "Believe me, Lizzie. She would never. And this is not me covering anything because I know my sister, and she wouldn't do that. Our family...mental health is a big issue in our family. We would never make light of it."

"Guys, seriously, what is the point of even talking..."

"Just drop the act." Lizzie ignores Josie and me. "I had my first occurrence, my mom took me away to get help, and you decided to use it against me."

"Guys." I call out.

"I didn't even know. I swear. I would never do that."

"You had to know because Henry knew, and you guys share everything."

"Guys!" I yell.

"What?"

"There's a mummy on Main Street." Josie informs them. I produce my sword and get into a fighting stance.

"So what do we like rush it?" Lizzie asks.

"It's seven feet tall. We hold our ground until it's close enough to attack." Dr. Saltzman stands in front of us with his crossbow aimed at the mummy.

"Okay, Dad, get behind us." Josie orders.

"I can't do that."

"Dad." Lizzie scolds him.

"I have to protect you, all of you."

"No offense Dr. Saltzman but you and your crossbow are kind of a manspread in front of four powerful witches." Hope says.

"And I will offend you with this. The crossbow didn't do shit against our dad, and it's not going to do anything against this." I had insult to injury.

"Okay, good point." Dr. Saltzman quickly gets behind us.

"Okay, what can a mummy do to hurt us?" Josie asks.

"I think we're about to find out." Hope replies. The mummy opens its mouth, and hornets come flying out.

"Grab hands now and repeat after me." I instruct.

"Bulla." We all chant, producing a forcefield around us. The hornets disappear.

"Nice teamwork." Dr. Saltzman compliments.

"Should we rush it now?" Lizzie asks.

"Not yet." Hope says. The mummy growls.

"Now?"

"No."

"I really, really think we should..."

"Wait. On three. One, two,..." The mummy raises its hand, and Hope begins choking.

"What's happening." Bugs crawl out of Hope's mouth. "Oh my God. Oh my God." Lizzie groans, and then she begins to cough.

"Resists maledi." Josie and I chant, blocking the mummy's powers on us. We hold hands, and she siphons my magic.

"Ignatius." We chant a spell which we blow a giant fireball at the mummy turning it to dust.

"Worst Spring Break ever." Lizzie declares.

__________________________________
"So the mummy ain't actually dead?" Kaleb points out to Dr. Saltzman.

"Well, if I'm right, the mummy's curse is bound by the scarab in its chest. Once the girls siphon the scarab, the curse will be lifted, and the mummy will be dead." Dr. Saltzman explains.

"Okay, and what if you're wrong?" Kaleb asks.

"He's never wrong." Hope defends.

"So what now?" Lizzie asks.

"Until we get the urn, we wait."

"And how long do we have to wait? If I have to bug-hurl again, I swear to God, I will never talk to you again." Lizzie directs her comment to Hope.

"Okay, that one wasn't even remotely my fault." Hope argues.

"Yeah, well, the beetle slime in my tonsils says otherwise."

"Why can't we just give the mummy the urn?" Josie asks. "Is the opening the portal to Malivore really that bad?"

"Does giving anything that is bent on destroying the world good?" I question her. "Malivore is sending monsters to free him, and something that was locked away for centuries doesn't sound like we should just give it what it wants." I remind them.

"And do any of the monsters that have been trapped in there seem happy and balanced to you?" Hope adds.

"Does no one remember Silas?" I ask.

"Silas?" Kaleb asks.

"This super powerful witch who became the world's first immortal. People thought raising him would be wonderful, and it was the opposite of that. Malivore would be worse." I caution everyone.

"I'm with Josie." Lizzie says. "Why don't' we skip bug vomit round two and just go and get some pancakes or something?"

"Pancakes? Seriously, Henry, this is who you love?" Hope snaps.

"The heart wants what the heart wants."

"We'll be setting the mummy free from his prison." Dr. Saltzman reminds everyone.

"Hmm. Poor mummy." Josie mutters. People start clamoring out of the tents, screaming.

"All right, look, we can keep having empathy hour, or we can do what we came here to do." Kaleb says.

"Here we go." We ready ourselves, and the mummy comes out of the tents angry from our last encounter.

"What the hell is happening?" Agent Clark demands.

"I don't know; he should be dead." Dr. Saltzman lies.

"Well, clearly he isn't."

"Yeah, I can see that." The mummy is rummaging through the boxes, looking for the urn.

"He's looking for the urn." Hope states.

"What do we do?" Clark asks.

"I don't know; give him the urn." Dr. Saltzman plays it off.

"Hey, can someone give this thing the urn?" Clark orders.

"Can't. The urn's gone." Someone replies.

"Wh... who's been in there?"

"Only our guys."

"Do something."

"Kaleb."

"Yep." Kaleb speeds forward. "Nice bling. Don't mind if I do." He snatches the scarab off the mummy's chest. He tosses it to the twins.

"Hurry." Hope orders as the mummy approach us. He sends bugs flying towards us, and I chant a spell stopping it just as the twins siphon the magic from the scarab. We watch on as the mummy turns t dust before our eyes.

"The curse is lifted." Dr. Saltzman says.

"He's gone."

"Agent Clark, if we do any more work for you guys, you're gonna have to put us on the payroll." Dr. Saltzman jokes. "Guess we'll be on our way then. Good night."

__________________________________
We all pile into the van and drive to where Kaleb says one of the Triad workers he compelled would hand off the urn to us. "So, where is she?" Dr. Saltzman asks Kaleb.

"You doubting my skills? There." Kaleb points, and we see the woman coming towards us with the urn in hand. "Thank you. Oh, and you may want to lay low for a little bit, sweetie. You're welcome."

"All right, let's go home. All right." Dr. Satlzman stops from starting the car as a vehicle pulls up behind us. "Wait a second." We look and see Agent Clark getting out of the car, followed by Emma and Dorian.

"They have Emma and Dorian." Hope says.

"Oh..." We share a look, knowing where this is going. Kaleb hands Dr. Saltzman the urn and gets out of the car.

__________________________________
Hope's POV

We gave up the urn in exchange for Emma and Dorian. We all feel defeated with this trade-off as we just gave Triad another key to open Malivore. Dorian, Emma, Josie, Kaleb, and Henry are fast asleep in the van. I look over at Lizzie. "If you really thought I said all those things about you, then you hating me all these years makes perfect sense. But with a father and grandfather like mine, I'm probably not immune to those issues myself. I don't take it lightly, and I would never make fun of you for it."

"I believe you." I thought I heard wrong, but Lizzie repeats herself.

"For years, Henry and I watched as everyone around us still had their families. You guys would go away at the holidays to spend time with those you love and...we couldn't even know where our parents were because it would bring the end of the world. I...I wanted to be strong for the two of us, and...sometimes, I failed." I share with her.

"I don't know how you two made it, honestly. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my dad or see my mom."

"There were days I wished we went back to that small-time living in a remote house in the middle of nowhere. That one time before everything got crazy. My family was back together. And that hasn't happened in a while."

"But your family can...you guys don't have to be separated anymore."

"The trauma of the things that...Henry and I can never change the fact that we got people killed because we wanted to see our parents again."

"Henry told me about that."

"He doesn't make friends easily because of it."

"He doesn't talk about Henry Benoit. It's like he was never here." Lizzie says.

"He still has nightmares of his death to this day. It affects him more because he lost a friend."

"Your godmother was...she was nice. I remember her always making you both laugh."

"Hayley was..." I smile just thinking about her. "I miss her every day."

"I'm sorry for blaming you for something you never did." Lizzie apologizes.

"What I don't get is why anyone would accuse me of that." I say, and Lizzie looks over my shoulder. I follow her gaze to look at Josie.

__________________________________
Henry's POV

Stopping a mummy was not the end of our day. We come back, and M.G., Landon, and Rafael are missing. Hope and Dr. Saltzman are able to find Rafael but nothing on M.G. and Landon's whereabouts. Hope's only focus is Landon, but Kaleb and I are worried about what could have happened to our friend M.G., so when Dr. Saltzman said he was going to pay M.G.'s mom a visit, we did not hesitate to accompany him. "Damn." Kaleb comments seeing M.G.'s home. "When you said M.G. going home would be catastrophic, I expected Chernobyl, not Wisteria Lane."

"Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving." Dr. Saltzman says.

"Yeah, my maternal grandfather lived in a house just like this. He was the local doctor in town, and everyone loved him, but in his free time at his office, he would experiment on vampires." I share, and Kaleb looks at me wide-eyed. "Don't buy into the white picket fence. Everyone can be a killer." I wink at him.

"Okay, just let me do the talking." Dr. Saltzman says. He rings the doorbell, and a woman comes to answer the door. The smile on her face falls upon seeing him.

"Dr. Saltzman."

"Veronica."

"I'm Kaleb." Kaleb introduces himself.

"Henry." I hold out my hand, following Kaleb's lead, but M.G.'s mom ignores us.

"I assume you're here to apologize for my son showing up yesterday."

"Actually, we're here because he never returned to school. He's gone missing, and... we're afraid he contacted his father." Dr. Saltzman explains.

"Well, I can assure you that didn't happen." Mrs. Greasley says to us.

"Veronica, who's at the door?" We hear a man call out.

"Uh, just solicitor, dear." Mrs. Greasley lies. "I'll be right in."

"So where'd M.G. go?" Kaleb asks.

"I don't know. But you're gonna find him. We may not be able to have him here with us, but he's supposed to be safe at your school. We had an agreement, and I expect you to uphold it." She goes back inside and slams the door in our faces.

"What agreement?" I get straight to the point.

"Good thing that didn't sound suspicious." Kaleb comments. "Hello? Why'd you bring us all this way if you're not gonna tell us anything?" Dr. Saltzman holds up his finger as he makes a call.

"What did you find?" He asks someone. I lean in more hearing who it is.

"Raf said they got attacked by a monster."

"Well, that's impossible."

"Is it?"

"Where? And when?"

"I...I don't know. I don't know. Emma sedated him, and he's been sleeping it off for hours." I hear my sister explain. "But I have an idea. It's a family recipe from our godmother's side, the Crescent Pack. Because they could control their turns at will, they had access to both sides of their minds."

"All right, well, do what you need to do. I've got to find M.G. before his father sees him." Dr. Saltzman hangs up the phone.

"This is the place Hope talked about." Dr. Saltzman says as we get out of the car.

"You going to spill what that arrangement is all about?" I ask him. Dr. Saltzman sees that Kaleb and I aren't backing down.

"That's our friend missing out there." Kaleb reminds him. "We deserve to know the truth."

"M.G's mother enrolled him in the Salvatore School without his father knowing that he was still alive. She didn't think his dad could handle the fact that M.G. was a vampire. Our arrangement was to keep that a secret." He explains this like it makes it all right.

"So lying is the best thing." I state.

"Don't start, Henry."

"Just a little confused by our school's honor code and all."

"It's for his safety." Dr. Saltzman argues.

"Shady." Kaleb comments. "Shaddiest part being you saying yes."

"I didn't want to. But I didn't want to turn M.G. away either. I mean, admittedly, it's a bit of a gray area."

"No, it's not." Kaleb snaps. "Life is black and white."

"You're a teenager, Kaleb. A smart one. Too smart, sometimes. But when you have through what I've been through and seen what I have seen, you'll learn that life is rarely that simple."

"I agree with him." I state.

"How?" Kaleb asks me.

"My family history is anything but black and white. The crazy stuff that's happened it can't easily be explained in one answer." I state.

"I don..." Kaleb stops midsentence. "Do you smell that?"

"No." I answer.

"What is it?" Dr. Saltzman asks.

"Blood." We shine our flashlights, looking for the source of the smell. We keep looking, and then I spot it.

"M.G.!" I shout, and I take off. They follow after me. I fall to the ground seeing my friend injured.

"M.G.!" Kaleb helps me sit M.G. up.

"Damn it. Damn it. Oh my God." M.G. groans in pain.

"It's okay. We're here now." I assure him.

"All right, take it easy." Dr. Saltzman instructs.

"Stay away from me, Henry and Dr. Saltzman." M.G. mutters.

"M.G., we're not going anywhere." I tell him.

"I can't control it." M.G. mutters.

"Shh. It's okay. We're here. We're here. Just tell me what happened."

"There are demons all around me." M.G. whispers.

"What?" Kaleb asks him.

"Beast horns and devil's tongues." M.G. is shivering now.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Kaleb asks.

"He's delusional, which means one thing." Dr. Saltzman looks at M.G.'s wound. "He's been bitten."

"He's a vampire. We do the biting." Kaleb argues.

"You're not the only predators." I share. "It's a werewolf bite."

"What?" Kaleb figures it out. "Rafael. He said he saw a monster. He is the damn monster."

"The infection's spreading to his heart." Dr. Saltzman says.

"Kaleb, I need you to bite me." I tell him.

"What?"

"My blood is the cure. And I heal too fast for my knife to do anything."

"Uh..."

"Do it." Dr. Saltzman says. I hand my wrist over to Kaleb. He takes my hand and looks at me. He sinks his fangs into my arm, and I fight through the pain. He leads me over to M.G.'s mouth.

"No! Stay away." M.G. thrashes around.

"He needs my blood now!" I shout. Dr. Saltzman holds M.G. down as Kaleb places my wrist to M.G.'s lips. I feel hot agonizing pain as he begins to drink.

"Henry let us..."

"Keep going." I order, but I gasp in pain as M.G. attacks my neck. I feel myself passing out from the blood loss.

"Henry!" Is all I hear before everything goes black.

__________________________________
Hope's POV

"Henry!" I shout as I see M.G. attacking Henry's neck. Kaleb is fighting to get him off. I raise my hand and move M.G. away from Henry. I rush to my brother and cradle his unconscious body in my arms. "Henry!" I begin to cry seeing him like this. I smooth out his hair, trying to find a pulse.

"M.G. was...he was bitten, and Henry was giving him the cure and..."

"I bit you." We hear Rafael say. Kaleb looks at him with anger in his eyes.

"This is all my fault." M.G. is rocking back and forth on the ground. "Raf, I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Kaleb snaps. "He's the one that should be sorry. He's the fool that bit you." Kaleb advances towards Raf.

"Hey!" I shout, keeping them all back. "Kaleb, I need you to give Henry some blood."

"No, that..."

"No!" Kaleb bites into his wrist and then offers it to Henry. I help place Henry's mouth to his wrist.

"Drink Henry." I instruct. He starts to drink, and when I see his wound heal, I pull him away. I hold my brother close to me, fearing the worst.

"I remember now." Rafael speaks up. "The elixir. His face. Being back here..." He breathes deeply. "I remember who the monster is." I start shaking as Rafael tells us about how M.G. killed Landon.

"I did it. It was me. I'm the monster." M.G. admits. I hold Henry even closer to me as I try to console myself.

"When you finished your turn, you got loose and bit M.G." Dr. Saltzman pieces together. "Watching Landon die was too traumatic, too human, so you reverted back and scrambled your memory." Dr. Saltzman says to Rafael.

"I don't want to remember any of this." He goes to walk away.

"Raf, where are you going?"

"Away from M.G. before I finish the job." Rafael snaps.

"Hey!" Kaleb yells at him.

"Landon's body is still out there. I'm going to find him." Rafael walks away.

"Kaleb, I need you...please watch over Henry." I instruct, and I follow after Rafael. It doesn't take long for us to find Landon's dead body. I crumble to the ground, screaming and crying at the sight before me.

__________________________________
3rd Person's POV

Alaric instructed Kaleb to take Henry and M.G. back to the car. Kaleb placed Henry down in the back as he sleeps everything off. M.G. and Kaleb say nothing to each other for what seems like hours. "I was trying to figure out what Dr. S needed a wingman today. Now I know. It's cause he knew you would. Look, M.G., being a vampire it...it ain't everything I say it is. It ain't about power. Or blood. Or being better than other people." Kaleb notices M.G. looking at him from the back. "I guess I...just say that stuff to make myself feel okay with the fact that...people like you and me...we got a big struggle ahead of us. A hard life. But we can be in it together. It don't matter if your family don't get it. It ain't black and white like that. Maybe they'll come around; maybe they won't. But hear this, brother. I'm your family now." Kaleb declares. "Me. All right?" M.G. nods his head. "Let's go help them bring Landon home."

"Everyone... Everyone's gonna hate me now." M.G. finally speaks up. "Henry the...I almost..." M.G. fights back tears. "I was trying to tear his neck apart, and he was just trying to save me. He will never..."

"Hey." Kaleb turns around to look at M.G. "Henry Mikaelson goes around saying he doesn't have friends after what happened with Henry Benoit, but the dude hangs out with you all the time. You both love comics, sports, music, and you can't tell me you two aren't the best of friends. Henry knew the danger he was putting himself in, and he would do it again because that's how much you mean to him. Dude may be small, but he packs a punch. If he wanted to fight you off, he would have."

"You don't think he'll hate me?" Kaleb shakes his head.

"Far from it." 

Did you like Rebekah's return?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.8K 246 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
34.6K 508 88
Nick Salvatore, adoptive son of Damon and Elena Salvatore. Nick hasn't always had it easy, when it comes to life. He goes to mystic falls high, where...
239K 5.5K 96
My name is Stiles Mikaelson and I have a twin sister named Hope. Our family...is about as messed up as the next one. Okay that's an understatement. O...
5.7K 84 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...