IRIS --- Druig

By anerdywitch

She is controlled. He controls. Freya, The Goddess of Light and Love, and Odin's daughter has loved Midgard f... More

Introductions
Part One - The Princess
Prologue
The Beloved
Fool me Once
Imagine That
You Survived
The Sisters of Draoid
A History pt. 1
Hermosa
experience๏ฟผ
A History pt. 2
Monster
Time in a Bottle
Numb
from the otherside
snow, rain, confetti
a white flower
Part Two - The Goddess
A History Pt. 3
Her Will
Return
A History Continued... Love in the Dark
knock, knock, knock
Enough
the scepter
A History Pt 5
Prison
The Fight
The Home Stretch
Part Three - The Catalyst
Ashes to Ashes
a few more no's
deja vu
you can't save them all
In my youth, I courted war
Valiant Effort
Save Yourself
Whatever it Takes
A History Final Pt.
The Finish Line
The Sun has Risen
Bonus Chapter: Redecorating
where to next??

A History Pt 4

4.5K 178 56
By anerdywitch

Location: Neath
100 years before the emergence

Iris stared at herself in the mirror, sisters normally weren't allowed to take such long looks at their appearance, it was a special occasion. She wore a red dress with no veil, her long brown hair curled and pushed out of her face by golden pins. Iris felt beautiful.

"The first." Esther came up behind her, "And the last." She placed a hand on Iris's shoulder. "Ethestia honors this day."

Iris's green eyes met Esther's in the mirror, "Why me?" She asked. "And why only me?" She thought of Artemis and Makkari, thought of all the cruel things Anu ever said to her.

"Ethestia's design deems it so." Esther nodded. "All will be clear one day, Iris, I can promise you that." There was a knock on the door and Sersei popped her head in.

"May we come in?" She asked. Esther grinned and welcomed her in. Esther wore all black, like the rest of the sisters. Their veils once again covering their faces. Artemis and Makkari followed Sersei in.

"We brought you something." Artemis said and glanced at Sersei. She pulled her hands out from behind her back. A bouquet of white flowers, her favorite kind, all perfect and healthy. "We knew you wanted these but they weren't in season. So we got Sersei to help."

"They're beautiful." Iris stepped up and brushed her fingers over the petals. She glanced up at Sersei and then looked to Makkari and Artemis. "Thank you." She smiled and signed.

"It's the least I can do." Sersei said. "Especially after the sisters helped Ikaris and I create our bond. It's truly magical, Iris, I'm so happy for Druig and you."

Esther stepped up behind Iris, "It is almost time." She said. "We should get to our positions, Artemis." She walked passed the eternals and Artemis followed through the door.

"Does it hurt?" Iris asked Sersei.

She smiled and let out a small laugh. "No." She said, "no it's like," she looked up to the ceiling and thought for a moment. "I know no matter where we are or what we are doing we'll always be connected." She placed a hand to her heart and smiled. "In someway or another."

"You'll do great." Makkari signed and wrapped her arms around Iris, who welcomed the hug.

"Thank you." She signed. There was a chime of the bell tower. Sersei grinned and handed Iris the flowers. She walked toward the door and Makkari followed waving goodbye. Iris's hands trembled but the bouquet hid it well. She gave herself one more glance in the mirror before she walked to the door. She wanted this, no, she needed this. Druig was more than just a love, he was someone she never wished to part from.

<<<>>>

The large hall, was dressed for celebration. Flowers of all different colors scattered along the floor. The Eternals were mixed in with her sisters and they were all looking at her. They stood in the center of the room. Esther and Druig stood in the middle, he wore red just as she did. It was unusual seeing him in something other than black but red suited him. Everyone was there for them, for this bonding.

Druig's eyes were trained on her and she welcomed the anchor that was his presence. She walked up to him. Esther stood between them. "Place the candles," She said. Four sisters set down candles at four separate points. "And cast the circle." Morrigan scattered salt around Esther, Druig and Iris. "A soul bond is one of Neath's most sacred traditions more than matrimony, more than love, it goes beyond that. As the Sisters of Draoid we don't allow just anyone to have these connections. It is for the ones who truly are destined, " She glanced between Druig and Iris, "Are you ready for this?"

"Yes." Druig said and Iris glanced at him.

She smiled, "yes." She said.

"Then let us begin." Esther said. She grabbed a silk ribbon. "Lift your right wrist and Iris lift your left." She wrapped the ribbon around both their wrists. Iris placed the palm of her hand along his forearm and he let his thumb brush over her skin.

Iris felt the world melt away as Esther chanted. She could only see Druig and she could only feel him. It was always him and it would always be him. It went beyond love or lust or any other feeling she has had for him. They were becoming one, they were flames from the same candle, planets orbiting each other, night and day, their souls were split from the same divine. She could see him for who he really was and she loved every bit of it.

"...And so it is." Esther said and the world came back into view. The group clapped and the candles blew out on their own. The ribbon that tied them together disappeared and they were one. Iris could feel it, they were each others.

"And so it is." Druig smiled and stepped closer to Iris. He pressed his lips to her's and she wrapped an arm around her neck. And so it is, she thought.

<<<>>>

Esther

In the passed years Esther had become more relaxed with the sisters. She allowed relationships that would have never been granted by Ethestia's design before. Her master was a jealous one but, she was also maternal and cared for her children. The Sister's of Draoid would soon die out and Iris would be the one to remain.

She watched the newly bonded couple dance. None of them understood what Iris was, what they were in the presences of but she preferred it that way. Iris was special in more way's than one.

"No dancing for you tonight?" Ajak came up behind Esther.

She smiled, "Oh no. But I do love to watch." She glanced at the gathering. "Do you ever wonder if your master's design is right?" Ajak's eyes widened and jaw tightened. "It keeps me up at night. I would never go against Ethestia's orders but, sometimes I wonder is that wrong?"

"It can be hard at times." Ajak nodded. "But we are all created with purpose. As the leaders we must think beyond feeling."

"If only for a short time, they will be happy." Esther glanced at Iris and Druig. "That is all I can ask for as the Eldest Sister."

<<<>>>

Artemis

She walked away from the party a bit overwhelmed and tired. Makkari was still dancing, she loved moving and was always so happy. Artemis tried to be the same, she took inspiration from Makkari but, despite being happy for Iris, she couldn't help but envy her. The chosen one, the last sister, and Esther's favorite. Makkari told her to stay strong but sometimes she just wanted to live in her envy.

Sprite sat away from the party, she stayed away from gatherings on most occasions. She would cast illusions for a bit and then go off on her own. "Too loud?" She asked the young looking woman.

"It's passed my bedtime." She glanced up at Artemis as she sat down. Artemis leaned back against the chair.

"Mine too." She said and looked at the party. Sprite followed her stare. They both watched Makkari, smiling, dancing, so free. "How does she do it?" Artemis asked.

"What?"
"Make it look so easy." She said.

Sprite looked down at her hands, "Makkari is stronger than most." She picked at her fingers. "She sees the good in everything."

"Have you ever loved someone?" Artemis asked.

"I don't know." Sprite shrugged. "Can I really know if I've loved them, if they never loved me back?"

Artemis didn't know what to say to that. She sat there with the woman, and in solidarity let silence take over the moment. Both Sprite and Artemis would never be able to express their love completely. They wouldn't ruin the party but they could take some time to mourn what wasn't theirs.

<<<>>>

Iris

As the night came to a close, Iris was tired and sweaty from dancing. She was happy more so than she had ever been before.

"So now that you two are..." Kingo pressed his hands together, "Can you read each others thoughts?"

"He could already do that." Iris said.

Morrigan's eyes glowed red. "He wouldn't get the chance." She said and took a sip of wine. Druig gave the woman a quick glance before looking back at Iris.

"I wouldn't want to." He said softly and brushed a piece of her hair out of her face. His fingers swiped against her skin and her cheeks flushed. She stilled, her eyes wide and unable to look away from him.

"Oh." Kingo's lips curled up in a grimace, "So that's what it does." He looked away. "I may be sick."

"I don't want to see this." Phastos shook his head. "Congratulations to the happy couples but let's reel it in." He looked between Sersei, Ikaris, Druig and Iris.

"Don't be mad, Phastos." Ikaris leaned forward and placed an arm on his knee. Phastos smiled and put out a hand.

"No not mad." He let out a snicker and looked at Kingo, "More like disgusted, wouldn't you say?"

"Disgusted and a bit like," He shook his shoulders, "Like spiders crawling up my back." He took a drink from his cup.

Druig tapped his thumb on the edge of Iris's chin. His smirk growing, "I like this." He said. Her face still burning up. "We should head to bed." He said.

"We don't need to know these things." Kingo pressed his fingers to his temples. "Iris if you aren't normal by tomorrow I'm making Esther undo this."

Sersei giggled and leaned into Ikaris. Morrigan stood up, "You try bounding your soul to another and not wanting to jump their —,"

"Privacy!" Phastos scratched his head and stood up. "Thank you Morrigan for your blunt explanation." Her face stilled and a single eyebrow raised.

Kingo stood up and whispered into Phastos's ear, "I think you pissed her off." He stood up straight and the two men had a staring contest with Morrigan.

"Which is exactly why I'm going to go find Gil and Thena." He stepped backwards. Kingo followed him.

Druig lifted a hand up and Iris glanced down at it. Maybe he was controlling her, she was so struck by him she couldn't understand what was happening, but she loved it. She placed her hand in his. He stood up and she followed him, she'd follow him into flames if it meant he was there. He watched her carefully like if he looked away she would disappear.

He opened a door and walked into it, with Iris in tow. It was a small bedroom. Normally she stayed with the sisters in their home. This must have been where the eternals were staying in the palace. This was his room.

A/N
👀👀👀👀👀

I wonder what's gonna happen in that bedroom?
THANK YOU FOR 16 k with 600 votes and amazing comments !!
I'm giving y'all lots or mushy love right now but it's about to pick up 😅 angst is coming....

Please follow for updates, vote if you liked this chapter, and comment☺️
Another chapter should be up tomorrow around the same time.

💜💜Much love💜💜
- Savannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 160 10
"๐Œ๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ, ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐€๐ซ๐ข" "๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ฎ" "๐Ž๐ค, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
107K 3K 28
"The people really love you." "Well, I don't care what they think about me, if they love me or hate me, I only care about you." Chaos and control...
324K 12.6K 16
"he takes free will away, but she loves her ๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง." or in which a girl who doesn't let anybody tell her what to do falls for the one wit...
130K 4.9K 43
FROST HEART โ” โThey say his heart was made of frost.โž A "Clash of Hearts Series" Novel Druig ร— Male OC Completed โœ“ ยฉ 2021 Wattpad @RavenDiaries