A History Pt 4

Location: Neath
100 years before the emergence

Iris stared at herself in the mirror, sisters normally weren't allowed to take such long looks at their appearance, it was a special occasion. She wore a red dress with no veil, her long brown hair curled and pushed out of her face by golden pins. Iris felt beautiful.

"The first." Esther came up behind her, "And the last." She placed a hand on Iris's shoulder. "Ethestia honors this day."

Iris's green eyes met Esther's in the mirror, "Why me?" She asked. "And why only me?" She thought of Artemis and Makkari, thought of all the cruel things Anu ever said to her.

"Ethestia's design deems it so." Esther nodded. "All will be clear one day, Iris, I can promise you that." There was a knock on the door and Sersei popped her head in.

"May we come in?" She asked. Esther grinned and welcomed her in. Esther wore all black, like the rest of the sisters. Their veils once again covering their faces. Artemis and Makkari followed Sersei in.

"We brought you something." Artemis said and glanced at Sersei. She pulled her hands out from behind her back. A bouquet of white flowers, her favorite kind, all perfect and healthy. "We knew you wanted these but they weren't in season. So we got Sersei to help."

"They're beautiful." Iris stepped up and brushed her fingers over the petals. She glanced up at Sersei and then looked to Makkari and Artemis. "Thank you." She smiled and signed.

"It's the least I can do." Sersei said. "Especially after the sisters helped Ikaris and I create our bond. It's truly magical, Iris, I'm so happy for Druig and you."

Esther stepped up behind Iris, "It is almost time." She said. "We should get to our positions, Artemis." She walked passed the eternals and Artemis followed through the door.

"Does it hurt?" Iris asked Sersei.

She smiled and let out a small laugh. "No." She said, "no it's like," she looked up to the ceiling and thought for a moment. "I know no matter where we are or what we are doing we'll always be connected." She placed a hand to her heart and smiled. "In someway or another."

"You'll do great." Makkari signed and wrapped her arms around Iris, who welcomed the hug.

"Thank you." She signed. There was a chime of the bell tower. Sersei grinned and handed Iris the flowers. She walked toward the door and Makkari followed waving goodbye. Iris's hands trembled but the bouquet hid it well. She gave herself one more glance in the mirror before she walked to the door. She wanted this, no, she needed this. Druig was more than just a love, he was someone she never wished to part from.

<<<>>>

The large hall, was dressed for celebration. Flowers of all different colors scattered along the floor. The Eternals were mixed in with her sisters and they were all looking at her. They stood in the center of the room. Esther and Druig stood in the middle, he wore red just as she did. It was unusual seeing him in something other than black but red suited him. Everyone was there for them, for this bonding.

Druig's eyes were trained on her and she welcomed the anchor that was his presence. She walked up to him. Esther stood between them. "Place the candles," She said. Four sisters set down candles at four separate points. "And cast the circle." Morrigan scattered salt around Esther, Druig and Iris. "A soul bond is one of Neath's most sacred traditions more than matrimony, more than love, it goes beyond that. As the Sisters of Draoid we don't allow just anyone to have these connections. It is for the ones who truly are destined, " She glanced between Druig and Iris, "Are you ready for this?"